Who's the worst of the two?

Who's the worst of the two?

And most importantly, who has it worse? Dipper or Rowley?

Other urls found in this thread:

funbrain.com/books/diary-of-a-wimpy-kid/page/1
funbrain.com
diriroro.tumblr.com/post/157105765262
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Goddamn, don't make me choose only one.

What's the deal with Diary of a Wimpy Kid anyway? I never read it but somewhat recently learned that my childhood hometown is near the author's.

Is the DoaWK series any good or worth reading? I don't even know what it's about.

I don't know a lot about Diary of a Wimpy Kid, but Mabel threw her family and friends under a candy-coated bus that blasts 80s synth-pop.

I'll have to go with her.

Mabel is cute.

Cute!

>Rodrick rules
>not the best movie
Shit taste desu

Greg's a terrible friend, but Mabel's a terrible sister

Its all shit, my god I hate CN playing those movies every other week.

The second movie played it safe compared to the other 2 movies.

The Dog Days movie went to the back to basics approach and it was all the better for it.

>tfw they should've shot Dog Days with a The Ugly Truth movie back to back before graduating the previous actors (The Ugly Truth was about whether Greg was gonna grow up or remain a middle schooler forever)

What a missed opportunity

Greg is objectively worse person, HOWEVER that is the entire purpose of his character. The books make it very clear that he is a self entitled jerk and while with Mabel the show tells you how great she is despite showing otherwise, so Mabel as a character is worse.
Diary of a Wimpy Kids is mostly about an egotistical middle schooler loner who think he's better then everybody and everyone else is a jerk, but the joke is that he himself is the biggest jerk of all.

>What's the deal with Diary of a Wimpy Kid anyway?
it just reminds me of a lot of really creepy erotica about intense child humilation that keeps getting mixed in with what i'm trying to look up on asstr
like it almost could not be more gay without getting bumped up a rating

Ah, thanks, that gives me a much better idea of it.

>asstr

What year is this?

>DOAWK erotica

it's.. it's still 2003, right?
I think you missed my point a little bit. I'm talking about its tone.

Mabel wasn't irredeemable.
They just didn't bother redeeming her.

It always bugs me when people try to say mable was a bad character. If Escape from reality had be written competently no one would dislike mabel.

The question is, would Greg cause the apocalypse, if he were in a situation where that's possible?

Maybe, but he would have to blame Manny in the process.

To be fair, Manny is a little shit.

That really, really was Ford's fault, to be fair.

The writing still dropped the ball on Mabel because the writers decided not to focus on or develop her character, though. They were too busy with...with...something. I don't know.

THIS
Manny is the worst little shit in Sup Forums fiction.
Even worse than Mabel.
>Blizzard happening
>Hog all the electricity and food in secret
>While your family is freezing and starving to the death
>All because you don't know how to tie your shoes
>Don't receive any punishment

>an egotistical middle schooler loner who think he's better then everybody and everyone else is a jerk, but the joke is that he himself is the biggest jerk of all.

I may have been like that

>>All because you don't know how to tie your shoes

What has that to do with that?

>but the joke is that he himself is the biggest jerk of all.
To be fair, he has a big heart when it really counts. Taking credit for eating the cheese was a serious deal.

No one bothered to help him, so he got mad and did

Now I kinda wish I had bought those books

So with all the repeated threads and stuff we have here, why is this the first Gravity Falls related thread in forever?

Rodrick Rules is the better movie

What is the average age of Diary of a Wimpy Kid readers? I've seen the movies but never read the books.I'm 25 and I'm afraid to find out if I'm about to stop being cool.

It's not currently airing.

>the first book
>not the best one

I haven't picked up one of these since Dog Days. I might get the the new ones for the sake of a nostalgia trip.

No one's going to say anything when you go to buy them, they'll assume you're getting them for a kid. Then if you don't want people to see you reading it in public, just slap a plain book cover over it.

>If Escape from reality had be written competently no one would dislike mabel.

that's wrong, escape from reality was just the cherry of the cake, there's still the whole cake left

she's so shitty that if there was an AU where mabel and dipper switched places with stanley and standford, mabel would have DELIBERATELY sabotaged the PMM

and instead of mabel trying to rebuild the machine and save dipper stanley and standford would be the ones to end up doing it by finding the diaries and finding out what happened to dipper

old mabel would be like we originally thought stan would be plus a hint of the spider lady minus the spider part

Greg was realistic in his depiction of a kid in middle school, thinking he's above everyone else and always blaming everything but himself for the problems he causes but he always got what was coming to him
Mabel is miles worse because Alex is a feminist faggot so she never ever got to take any blame for her actions, she got to be selfish and always got what she wanted

> if there was an AU where mabel and dipper switched places with stanley and standford

I think there actually is

If the whole thing with her causing the apocalypse (or playing a major role in it, if that's how you'd prefer to phrase it) was addressed and given a solid conclusion, far fewer people would hate her, most likely

>mabel is miles worse because Alex is a feminist faggot so she never ever got to take any blame for her actions, she got to be selfish and always got what she wanted

this.
couldn't have said it better myself.

Mable
She's supposed to be liked and popular

I thought she was supposed to be a creepy weird yet endearing girl

I should have phased that better, she was supposed to be correct
I don't know why I put down popular

how the episode should have gone, given the parameters of not being able to change any other episode, so it has to fit between parts one and three.

>Everything is the same up until the reveal of what is happening.
>It's revealed that mabel was the one who caused wierdmageddon.
>Dipper loses hit shit, yells at mabel.
>Calls her out on everything, not only causing the end of the world, but bailing on it. Choosing to live in this fantasy while the outside world burns because of her actions.
>Then he fucking leaves. He leaves the bubble to fight bill himself.
>Mabel starts to realize just how bad she fucked up.
>Make it clear and emphasize the fact that the reason mabel is doing this is because of how scared she was. Of losing her brother, of facing reality. She gave in in a moment of weakness.
>Mabel is so distressed at what she's done that mabel land turns into its nightmare state.
>Dipper somehow finds out that mabel is in trouble right before he was about to fight bill, maybe soos or wendy who left the bubble later than dipper did tells him
>Dipper decides to stop what he's doing and save her.
>He gets her out of the bubble, but afterward won't talk to her. Tells her to leave him alone.
>She begs him for forgiveness, and the flashback montage from the court scene happens, but it's showing dipper that even though mabel messed up, she really does mean well and love him.
>He forgives her, and they make up.
>Episode ends like normal.

I'm not saying there wouldn't be anyone at all who would hate her, but it wouldn't be nearly as much as now.

just reading this was a bit satisfying

It's the story of a self centered fucking douchebag told from his perspective and how he interacts with normal people, and his shitshow of an asshole family
Also, Cabin Fever made me hate Manny more than anyone should ever hate a three year old

I'd like that

Sounds neat. I personally also had idea of how changing one scene (in the very final episode, in the case of my idea) could make Mabel's character arc far more satisfying

Mabel

Cute and annoying are not mutually exclusive, look at Kathy Ireland.

Fuck, now you remind me. That may be one of the two times in my entire life I wanted to throttle a little kid to teach him a lesson.
The other one was when I had a hernia and my little brother punched me in the stomach because he was pissy. Thank God Mom took my side and verbally BTFO him.

what about the original online version?
funbrain.com/books/diary-of-a-wimpy-kid/page/1

Greg at least knows he's an asshole, Mabel thinks her way is just.

>funbrain.com/books/diary-of-a-wimpy-kid/page/1
>funbrain change their look
>THEY STILL NEVER COMPLETED THE FUCKING ARCADE
DON'T THINK I FUCKING FORGOT
IT HAS LITERALLY BEEN 15 YEARS SINCE 2ND GRADE GOD DAMN I WANTED TO BEAT IT

What'd she say?

>funbrain.com

Holy fucking shit that takes me back

Just found mother fucking Mighty Guy on there. I almost forgot about this

>Implying Manny isn't worse than both

This

Now you know why people drop The Wimpy Kid books around Cabin Fever

If you can find the original online web-comic/book thing, I highly reccomend reading it.

It's just the year in the life of some asshole kid, from his perspective, and it's actually really interesting. He's a selfish asshole, but in a very relatable, understandable way. You get where he's coming from and he's very believable. The way the story progresses is neat to, just going through an entire school year, as the seasons go by and everything. The writing's really good too, it's just funny, the jokes are on point.

The collected books remove a lot of the charm, losing on the whole "1 year in the life of" thing, and a lot of the content just isn't as good frankly.

Ah fuck. I'm totally rereading the online version, objectively the best incarnation.

Is poptropica still online? I don't see it here. I remember really enjoying that shit, I love adventure games.

>mighty guy 3 never

Still online

>Come into thread expecting Mabel complaints
>Actually discover there is a hidden fanbase of people who unironically like DoaWK as a franchise
This website never ceases to fucking amaze me

I understand disliking Mabel, but she's just a dumb kid man.

The problem isn't that she's a dumb kid, the problem is that Hirsch doesn't treat her as such.

That came in via the movies.

Also, Rowley is best bro and Greg doesn't deserve him
>mfw Rowley nearly left Greg's ass not once, but TWICE

>Greg at least knows he's an asshole
No he doesn't, he thinks he's just as right as Mabel. The difference however is that that's the point of his character

Hirsch barely treats her like a character. its pretty misogynistic of him to never give what is ostensibly the show's female lead any meaningful character development, while dipper comes out the other side looking like kid jesus saint of saints who solves everyone's problems so they don't have

>she gave in in a moment of weakness.
>forgetting almost every other action she took the entire series
The Unicron episode and Time Travelers Pig prove the point more than weirdmaggedeon ever could. Mabel is human refuse and Dipper should have left her to rot like Stan did with Stan.

That's what happens when an inspiration for a character is Hirsch's own sister

The portrayal is weirdly unflattering.

Stan did nothing wrong
Stan on the other hand should just kill himself

Which Stan?

I hate her so much.

That doesn't mean I don't want to dick her.

Some things just aren't worth it

Third Wheel was the last one I read. Guess I should get back into it.

>Hatefucking Mabel
>Not worth it

Au contraire, mon frère

I don't remember Unicron coming to devour the Earth in this show. Maybe I should rewatch it.

Greg is a piece of shit. The difference between Greg and Mabel is he could spend 3 whole books repenting for all the fucked up shit he's done and it still wouldn't make up for it.

2008 nigga
what were your favorite stories faggots?

It was a good episode

I ship Wimpy Kid/Dork

Stan

>mighty guy/girl will never be finished
why even live

>look up when it started
>2009
Yeah, it's a cheap ripoff.

if you think you're surrounded by assholes, you're probably one.

Reminder that Giffany was way more sympathetic than Mabel. And then she got killed off in a "haha take that abusive girl" way only for Hirsch to completely backtrack on it once the show was already over.

And then the literal man-eating spider lady in a later episode was presented as being a sassy strong woman while actually being a huge piece of shit, and was left free to continue eating people.

Weirdmageddon was Ford's fault. There were multiple times when he could have done something different but he kept doing fucking stupid things for decades.

1. Summons a demon though the very writing he found that let him do this TOLD HIM NOT TO DO IT
2. Completely trusts demon he was specifically warned about right away, makes fuckton of deals with it
3. Doesn't just destroy the fucking journal or portal like he damn well should have when he learns they could DESTROY THE ENTIRE GODDAMN WORLD HOLY SHIT
4. Doesn't warn family about Bill
5. Doesn't warn anyone about the rift
6. Tells Bill he knows equation so Bill knows where to get it

Mabel's one little bit here pales in comparison to Ford's part in the apocalypse. You can complain about the things Mabel did in other episodes here like some are, but she was nothing compared to Ford.

Ford was also an asshole to the best character in the show, Stan.

source?
image search gives me nothing

I sometimes wonder if Alex Hirsch deliberately made Mabel unlikable as a sign that he hated his sister while growing up.

Manny is the worst little fuck I've ever read about.

Selfish little shit, even worse than greg.

diriroro.tumblr.com/post/157105765262

Korean artist.

I was always more of a Dear Dumb Diary person myself.

Imagine what he'll be like in middle school.

He probably didn't account for the fact that the viewers wouldn't find his sister's childhood antics as sympathetic as he does. Plus he most likely exaggerated her behavior.

thx, it's qt

Hasn't Hirsch said that he sees more of himself in Mabel than Dipper. It often seems like Dipper represents Hirsch now or how he liked to imagine he was as a kid while Mabel was closer to the sort of kid he actually was in addition to taking basic traits from his sister..

Either way, I don't think Mabel is just his sister. I can't even remember him even indicating that she's supposed to only be his sister and not just a slurry of traits and characteristics he and the writers poured into one character like they did for just about every other major character on the show.

I already have a feeling what he's gonna be like.