Genndy blew it out of the water bring jack back to an adult audience. I really hope he does it with this next

Genndy blew it out of the water bring jack back to an adult audience. I really hope he does it with this next.

youtube.com/watch?v=GCLMBebScSI&t=868s

Other urls found in this thread:

toonami.tumblr.com/post/98164760488/good-newsbad-news-batman-fans
polygon.com/tv/2017/2/9/14560830/samurai-jack-preview-season-5
untiedmagazine.wordpress.com/2014/10/14/10-years-megas-xlr-interview-george-krstic/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That would be amazing but didn't it not do so well?

Do you think Genndy's dick ever gets sore from you fags constantly sucking it?

Sym-Bionic Titan was written off though.

>bringing back sym-bionic titan
>ever
user...I have some bad news

Or he could make a new show instead of just digging up rotting corpses over and over and over.

it did ok, it was put on secondary channels, and not advertised much because 1. toonami was re-branding which caused it to die. and 2. hasbro and mettle kept rejecting the toy pitches because the girls were to curvy, the female robot has tits, and the both felt toy sells would conflict with transformer toys sells or mettle's barbie "girl" image message. but the people that loved this show started a wildly successful kickstarter but CW said no and refunded it.

also the show delt with inter species breeding and a funny but weird incesty joke.

Being written off for tax purposes means that CN and AS can't do a thing with the license unless they decide to buy it back, you mong.

If it did OK, it not being advertised much doesn't matter.

So did it do ok,or did it do OK for a show with no advertising which means it did bad?

it started to die because they moved it to a new channel every 3 eps. and people either didn't know. or didn't have them.

>Gennedy blew

“Genddy’s moved on to Sony Pictures Animation. Titan got competitive ratings with other action shows, but what shut it down was it didn’t have enough toys connected to it. If you don’t have the [toy sales], the studios don’t want to renew for another season.”

Where do you live? I watched it on the east coast of the US and it just ran on CN the entire time.

same. no, it moved to CW2 for the second half and had like 3 hiatus in 10 eps.

It did great but the show was so expensive to produce that the only way they could even the costs was to sell merch

>it did ok, it was put on secondary channels, and not advertised much

The entire series aired on Cartoon Network though the last few episodes were given a Morning Timeslot o'Death. You might be thinking of The Secret Saturdays, which was banished to Boomerang.

>1. toonami was re-branding which caused it to die.

Sym-Bionic Titan only aired well after Toonami was already dead.

I don't think they can. They got IGXP back because of a loophole that existed as a result of it being a multinational collaboration and even that was apparently a pain in the ass to pull off.

That has nothing to do with it being written off.CW probably said no to the kickstarter because after being written off, you can't bring the show back barring really complicated weird bullshit like IGPX. It's dead, Jim.

it wasn't "written off" it was just not renewed. it can come back.

No, it was written off at the same time as Beware the Batman. That's why Toonami burned through the remaining episodes of the latter show

>hey guys. don't mind me i'm just going to post ambiguous text
>with no citation.
>thanks bye!
genndy said in 2015 that it's completely possible to bring it back.

Titan looked great but it didn't really have a strong cast to back it up. He'd be better off using his experience from the show for a new project.

I don't know how much of a Kirby fan Genndy is, but I got the impression that it would only be a hop, skip and a jump to translate Titan's animation to Jack Kirby's style.

A FAMILY PITCHA!

toonami.tumblr.com/post/98164760488/good-newsbad-news-batman-fans

Yeah but 1. some idiot may have not known the implications of what he said 2. tumble 3. after looking more in to it adult swim CAN buy it from CW and it would be fine.

Oh look! The only thing anyone knows about this show's existence, that gets posted whenever it's even vaguely mentioned! Wow, it's such a shocking surprise some ABSOLUTE KINO like this wouldn't last long term! Gadzooks!

>"If someone offered me money to finish up Titan, I'd do it. We had a John Hughes-type teenage comedy with action and it was ... When you have babies, sometimes they grow up and have a life of their own and sometimes they don't find their footing. Jack grew up and moved on, and he needed an ending. I think my movie for Titan would be like ... what was the name of it? Pacific Rim. Like that but without all the humor removed. Sometimes things don't connect. Maybe it's the kind of stories I want to tell? I don't know."
polygon.com/tv/2017/2/9/14560830/samurai-jack-preview-season-5

>inb4 Polygon because I know
I don't think Genndy would have said this if there wasn't actually a way to bring it back

Uh, yes he would have.

After Keiji Inafune launched the kickstarter for Mighty Number 9 he was asked if he would launch one for a Megaman Legends like game. His response was that he still wanted to make Megaman Legends 3. That will never happen, but he that's what he wants.

>Uh, yes he would have.
I don't agree with this assessment at all. If it was written off for tax purpose, then he would have said that there was no way. Him saying that if someone gave him money, he'd do it confirms that he has a way to get the rights.

Thats stupid. your analogy is stupid. your stupid.

The creators of Megas XLR wanted to bring it back and even got Titmouse to talk to Cartoon Network about it.

>Megas was written off as a tax loss and as such can not be exploited, at least domestically, in any way, or the network will get into some sort of tax/legal trouble.

>Effectively Megas has been put in Carbon Freeze, shot into the heart of a sun, and the entire universe around it has been imploded. We’ve been trying everything and anything for the past ten years to try and get things going again – from buying the rights back, to licensing to a sanctioned reboot and the answer has always been “No way.”

untiedmagazine.wordpress.com/2014/10/14/10-years-megas-xlr-interview-george-krstic/

It did great, CN just fucked it like they do with everything good, they moved it's schedule constantly, didn't advertise it, never aired re runs, etc.

Hi, I couldn't help but notice that your gif is larger than it needs to be, so I improved it. Don't mind me, just a passing autist.

>gif

Kimmy dancing while Titan fights was the best scene

Galaluna will never be free

Sym-Bionic Titan has cool designs but just like any action cartoons from Genndy it's insanely overrated.

I think Genndy is much better at directing slapstick comedies. He's not so good when he tries to be serious.

>1. some idiot may have not known the implications of what he said 2. tumble

It's an official blog run by the people who run Toonami and work very closely with [as]/CN execs, if anyone knows the way things are actually run there, it's them, and not you.

You're way deep in denial dude, SBT is gone forever, artists saying they want to do something doesn't mean they actually can or ever will.

I'd rather see an original series made for Toonami.