Post your favorite stand alone story you think most people have never read

Post your favorite stand alone story you think most people have never read.

>not a single reply
>twitter screencaps get 100s

I hate this board now.

I've wanted to read Batman Year One for a while. Is it any good?

You mean Year 100?

To be fair, this is a terrible idea for a thread and there are no twitter screencaps on the board right now.

Posting your favorite stand alone story you think normies don't know about is a bad idea for a thread on a comics board?

Next you will say you read BOTH types of comics Marvel and DC.

Year 100 is really solid. Definitely recommend it.

Yeah 100 is my headcanon for Batman's canon. I always liked the idea of an immortal Batman.

I took it more as Bruce wasn't still alive, but he just trained his protege's to be Batman without all the wealth and that once they became Batman that was who they were. No alter ego. It's a meta commentary on the fact that in 100 years there may not be a Bruce Wayne in the comic (ie people may not care about secret identities) but there will always be a Batman.

Year 100 is fairly well known on here because it's by Paul Pope, if you're referring strictly to DC/Marvel then for me it's Spaceknights by Starlin/Batista

You absolute motherfucker. That was like my only real go to for this thread.

Nah man, not just DC/Marvel, any standalone story you think is great but don't see recommended much.

>Favorite stand alone

>Four issue mini

learn the difference folks

...also Silent Interlude

Yes.

Yes, look into other Paul Pope stuff from that time too like 100% and Heavy Liquid, issues of THB too if you can find them.

Mate a standalone story is a story that stands alone. Ie no required reading before or after.

Not all of us have autism.

Is the motorcycle looking back too?

Secret Identity is an absolute masterpiece.

Superman really has alot of great one shots and obscure runs. I always really liked Infinite City and thought it was a pretty cool out there sci fi story.

Thanks for the rec man, I will check it out.

Morrison gets brought up constantly but barely anyone ever brings up his first Batman mini.

That looks rad as hell. I dig the art a lot.

There are maybe 20 people on Sup Forums who have read Cerebus the Aardvark.

One of the most important comics of all time, yet somehow everybody finds an excuse to put it off until ~later~ or disregard it altogether.

Bruce Wayne will always be around. He's essential to the de facto Batman experience.

I bet there were some Charlton comics fans who said the same thing about Dan Garrett and now we are twice removed from that.

My favorite Batman comic.

Loved the idea of Bruce Wayne/Batman being just an identity that's passed on.

Favorite scenes were the gcpd being dumbfounded by his physical feats.

OP here, thanks for all the recs guys. Love threads like this. Have a good night.

One of my favorite Supergirl stories.

I really liked the introspective into her feelings about Krypton and being seen as just Superman's cousin by the general public. Then Jor-El's words about her to remind her who she is.

I love Kara as a character. Such a different take than Supes.

ALL OF IT!

Because it's kinda crap, with molested Bruce, the M ripoff and all that spooky supernatural shit. Art was decent though.