Looking back, was she right?

Looking back, was she right?

Other urls found in this thread:

fixitstevenjunior.tumblr.com/post/158043074920/i-still-cant-believe-the-show-actually-tried-to
youtube.com/watch?v=9oZpRIFU_OY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No. There are advantages to taking gems alive, such as being able to interrogate them or convince them to change sides. It's fast and easy to permanently capture a disabled gem with no maintenance by bubbling them. If a gem can't be converted to your side you can use them as a power source for magic devices or just leave them bubbled.

malachite didn't want to shatter gems for any tactical reason. She just wanted to kill out of petty spite.

I say we should let these xenos murder each other.
Who's with me?

but what if I can't control my lust for them?

woolie is right, mahvel is the best fighting game

She would have been right if the weapon was actually good, as it was it was just a slow wind up toy that was less effective than the weapons they already used, and once they were bubbled there is pretty much no reason to shatter them anyway.

go fuck a hole in the ground

Gulliman, get off.

don't you have a diamond-tipped emperor-shaped dildo to bury deeply into your anus tonight?

She had a plan, which is more than what Rose had.

Don't you have a Blue Diamond body pillow to fondle and cry on tonight?

Even disregarding the impracticality, she isn't right in that the boss said no.
Insubordination, challenged then lost in combat TWICE.
She is logically and naturally wrong. Also, lucky that the CG's didn't practice her own fucking ideals or else she'd be dust.

Wanting to kill herself after proved that she wasn't a hypocrite, at least.

Get off the Interwarp, Horus.

No. Wielding the shatter thingo effectively is much more difficult than other weapons and there is zero benefit to killing rather than capturing aside from revenge.

Bismuth, a black-coded character, is the single most needlessly violent character in the series.

This. She did not create a weapon of war, she created a weapon of terror. Something that was not supposed to instill fear in the enemy ranks by turning defeat from capture into death. Something that would have either
A) Further vilified the CGs in the eyes of Homeworld, or even justified them
B) Escalated the war into something more horrific than it already was
or C) Gave homeworld the Breaking Point the second a CG is poofed with one and it is reversed engineered and improved upon by homeworld Peridots.

I mean, look at how she first used it. she pointed it at the gem of a stationary target while making a battle cry, that looked more like an execution than a battle.

Had this been a practical and stronger weapon than the usual with the added side-effect of always killing the gem it's used on, or had it been shown that Homeworld freeing bubbled gems was a problem. then it would be grayer, but with what we got, she is clearly in the wrong.

that's not even a fair comparison since a body pillow is not something you penetrate yourself with violently while new fetish campaigns to drag your fat fuck greasy friends into, but sure, bub.

imagining*

This.

Plus you have to consider that the Gems fighting for Homeworld are victims in their own right. They were made to follow the Diamonds, and see their orders as absolute. They live under the Diamonds' tyranny, and most probably don't even know how bad they have it.

Rose would have wanted to save those Gems and give them a better life, which is something that can't be done if they're killed.

It's a fair comparison when attempting to compare a shitposter to someone who watches a cartoon based on the premise of alien rocks, and fails at THAT miserably.
Not to mention the shit it's caused over the recently.
It drove a person to suicide, became the main target of Sup Forums's hatred, absolutely pisses off Sup Forums (a good thing, may I add), actually compared with a certain cartoon we have an entire board for now, has an entire general filled with nothing but shitposting, leaks, and waifufags.

she was right if she wanted to kill the diamonds, but she was wrong if she wanted to draw soldiers into it

fixitstevenjunior.tumblr.com/post/158043074920/i-still-cant-believe-the-show-actually-tried-to

*over the years, or recently

>"come join our resistance and throw off the shackles of an oppressive caste society!"
>"wait not you cant actually kill them"
>"I said stop, you know what? Fuck you you just lost your freedom. Enjoy being bubbled for a few thousand fucking years."

Why did Rose care if one of the tens of thousands of her soldiers actually wanted to kill in the fucking WAR? I mean Homeworld ends up wiping out all of them but the main four and this bubble cunt anyway.

Was is that unreasonable to actually want to kill the enemies trying to kill you and the planet?

She just ended up getting everyone on her side killed though

Kind of hard to wage a war when you are also trying to keep the moral high ground

The practice targets weren't diamond size, and she literally tried to kill Steven with the weapon.

Trying to pull the "she would have only used it on diamonds!" card is just full retard

No, but she wouldn't have been able to do anything anyway.
Not like she had a form of transportation that would allow her to fly to homeworld and die in a suicide attack.

The worst thing that would have happened if Steven left her alone, is that she would have roamed the world and eventually mellowed out when she sees how pointless her rage is.
And even if she just managed to become more angry and violent, what then? She attacks the CG's?
She's still stuck on the blue marble called Dearth.

Honestly the pile bunker was extremely laughable compared to what modern homeworld seems to be packing.

Before they started writing Homeworld gems to be retarded, everything Lapis sent on the transmission heavily implied they were way more fucking advanced. Which makes considering they were already interstellar a few thousand years ago

i have the impression that rose revolution was never about saving all of the planets conquered by the diamonds and free the homeworld gems but rather save the planet she was in and her group of friends

oh fuck I lol'd.

Fuck yvraine and all the Ynnari shit.

I thought that was the whole point and she failed miserably. Not only did she get everyone who joined her killed but Homeworld is magnitudes stronger than before and they are down to five crystal gems and two children

Agreed.

>tfw Deldar player and it seems like they're just shafting all the other eldar factions to give the ynnari more goddamn attention

it's a "the fanbase is 80% of the show" user
makes sense tho because nowadays the fanbase is 80% of the entirety of warhammer
but hey, at least you have vidya normies will play and then go back to giving a shit about once they're done

also i don't spam SU board after board everytime the word "alien" is merely mentioned

ah assdicks
not giving a shit*

To be fair, that happened because the Diamonds pulled a WMD out of fucking nowhere, that song that corrupted most of the Crystal Gems (as well as any Homeworld gems that were left behind) into gem monsters. That's the only reason why she failed, because no one knew Homeworld had a nuclear option before Earth got nuked. Even the Homeworld soldiers didn't know, going by Centipeedle's confusion. If she had known, she probably would have succeeded.

That, and Homeworld's hardly stronger. One Diamond is wracked by grief, another's gone crazy and is obsessed with destroying Earth, another is downright missing, and the last one's dead. They're running out of resources, and are forced to make cheap knock offs of old gems. If anything, Homeworld is slowly dying not from rebellion, but from a lack of anything to fuel their empire with, as well as a lack of proper leadership.

> le funy warhamer meem

Well, I heard Sup Forums watches the shit out of SU, and then watches the source material after they get bored of watching scenes they've already seen.

Also, there must be balance, one shitpost to balance out another.

You asked the same retarded question yesterday. Got to trash where your shit show's general belongs.

She'll be wrong because Steven will pull a new power out of his ass that lets everyone live happily ever after.

Body pillows piss off Sup Forums?

>a good thing, may I add

You're going to die alone, probably

Probably not

Gems seem pretty easily convinceable, its just that the Crystal Gems without Rose dont really have the charisma to do it which is why they stagnated. Stevens kinda good at it though

Destroy the propaganda sources (The Diamonds) and the rest fall in line -- The legend of the Crystal Gems without a doubt passes among the ranks of other gems in utmost secret so its more inspiring if they dont kill

What's with Maguila the Gorilla new hair?

>Was is that unreasonable to actually want to kill the enemies trying to kill you and the planet?

Yes, because as was previously stated 5.8 billion times it actually takes less time and effort to simply poof your enemy and reap the benefits of having infinitely powered superbatteries at your disposal.

Bismuth wanted to kill for the sake of killing, and that's worse than what the Diamonds do.

No, she was a fucking traitor who tried to kill her leader, liberator and friend because she didn't get to do as she pleased. You don't fucking try to murder your teammates over disagreements. She became threat and a liability.

The when she got out, acknowledged she got a second change, she again tried to murder "Rose" within one fucking day for disagreeing with her, despite "Rose" crying and pleading that they should talk it out.

Even if her political views would be sound, she's proven herself to be an extremely dangerous, unreliable traitor who'll swear her loyalty yet go berserk at the slightest provocation.

Besides, seeing how every single crystal gem including Rose and Bismuth had been Homeworld gems until very recently when they had defected into the rebels, the notion of "they all deserve to be shattered because they haven't yet made the same choice I've already made (no-one's presented the option to them yet either but so what)"

However you look at it, she was wrong. The breaking point wouldn't even have changed shit because the diamonds still would have nuked the earth when they decided it wasn't going well.

Bismuth is a traitor and anyone defending her a moron

how did it go from this

Perhaps they do, I can't give a damn about them though.

>You're going to die alone, probably
Is there any need for that type of insult?

Yes, I don't see how anyone could think otherwise. It only makes sense that people would be killed in a war right?

There are acts of war, and then there are war crimes.

true, but where did bismuth ever commit a war crime?

that abomination is a woman? what are these left-wing scumbags teaching children?

She didn't, yet.
She forged a weapon purely built for motionless, smaller targets.
As if it were built to kill a prisoner on their knees.

There is no tactical use on the battlefield with such a slow, difficult to aim, execution style weapon against extremely fast and strong enemies that can increase in size and strength via fusion.
Not to mention that if they do fuse there are more gems you must shatter, there is no good in holding onto the breaking point if you have to wait for it to reload to shatter another gem.

She could probably have convinced her comrades if she had the time and patience.

Instead it's suggested that she went berserk the moment Rose disagreed and was punished for her insubordination.

Then again none of that fucking matters because the moment the Diamonds see the rebels shattering their armies left and right with new weapons, they'd drop the corruption song/nuke sooner and the CG might have ended up worse off.

Bimsuth would have adjusted fine in a post-war Earth. It's the clash of ethics between her and Rose and her passion for war that led her astray.

Yes, it's 100% alright to kill tyrants, and that hypocritical cunt Rose should've been the first to go.

Ah, the Israel/Palestine question.

One state, or two states? Let's discuss this calmly and rationally.

Israel shouldn't exist.

Palestine is a shitskin land but it was there first before the Allies or mainly America were like 'alright this bit is not Israel, fuck off there, jews' while the jews were all 'Oh sweet!' the resident arabs were all 'the fuck, man?' and thus we have the common problem of today where Israel is expanding and taking over more land when it should not be and jews are being filthy subhumans that Hilter never got to purge.

Killing immortals for the sin of being made is not something that should be done lightly. The gem race are just slaves to their those higher than them, the concept of "thinking for yourself" was so foreign to them that it started a civil war.

No.

The Breaking point is an unwieldy and ineffective weapon. What's worse, the Gems have access to a quick and easy way of capturing their enemies for later later interrogation or conversion. She would've been compromising her combat effectiveness just to sate her bloodlust (shardlust?).

What makes her beyond fucking wrong is that, when her commander declined to pursue this line of research, she chimped out and attacked her. A military needs discipline and obedience to the chain of command, and she blew it big time. Rose was incredibly merciful in just bubbling her after that.

One state, rights heavily protected for both groups.

Regardless of who 'rightfully' owns the land or whatever the fuck, an independent Palestine is a pipe dream at this point.

>Her weapon was just a glorified spike

No.

It's effectiveness was limited.

>Letting filthy ayys who would slaughter your people on a whim live
>not avenging the fallen and eliminating the treat in a truly permanent matter instead of leaving up to whether or not fate wants them to come back
Capeshit morality is only there for plot convenience.

Fuck em both, purge them all and pretend they never happened.

Sup Forums and tumblr sure seem to think she was right.

So, no, she was probably wrong.

I don't watch Adventure Time that much but this is one of the ugliest character designs I've ever seen.

Isn't The Emperor an Eldar fucker as well?

actually, the fact that they're apparently still just using shit like weird gladiator clubs kind of hurts the argument about the breaking point being ineffective

If the Crystal Gems started shattering from the beginning they would not have gotten all that far due to a lack of recruitment and Homeworld pulling out the stop early.

The Crystal Gems were doomed from the start, but their moral high ground allowed them to free the Earth (for now) and left someone who has the potential to change the Diamond Authority later on.

>develop weapon that kills enemies
>for an ideological revolution founded on the concept of redemption and self-determination
>against an enemy that utilizes propaganda to paint you as senseless killers
>when you already have an incredibly effective method of taking prisoners
>on the eve of the most important battle in a millennia long war
>while being popular and charismatic enough to tear an irreparable schism in your faction

>"Let me show Rose. She's gonna love it."

She was wrong on so many levels it boggles the mind.

She would have been had the show not made her execution retarded. Her weapon needed to be actually effective then her morality would have been in the right, but as it stands she's kind of made out to be a murder happy retard trying to seem self righteous.

Bismuth should have been a way cooler character than she ended up being.

Two states is the only way it'll ever work.

Even then, the Arabs are bound to form a coalition and invade again if they think they can win. But if it keeps stable for a few generations it could work.

Nothing you said in your post is correct. I did like your image title tho.

No, just Guilliman. The whole Macha thing is a one-sided crush.

Israel is Britain's greatest mistake

No. It was against Rose's wishes to help the gems under the diamond's tyranny and was needlessly violent

Moreover it could have escalated the war and give homeworld valid reason just to nuke the planet

Rose had to look at the bigger picture beyond the war

>she's kind of made out to be a murder happy retard trying to seem self righteous.
that's the point.

It's fucking dumb because instead of presenting an interesting moral dilemma all it is is Bismuth is an idiot and all of her interesting character traits are damaged because she's a deranged murderer.

Was the point to make a stupid character instead of an interesting one? If so well done SU.

Not really. It's a good idea to kill the diamonds, barring that there is any new information that says that the diamonds play a big role the formation of gems.

If they were to take the war to Homeworld, there would be a high chance of them dying. There's like six of them, including Steven, against the entirety of the homeworld.

Rose/Steven's is more better which is essentially "stay alive and keep feeding beliefs into the system until it collapses"

not at all because her weapon doesn't even kill them. It just makes arms and legs that can be fused back together to make more soldiers

As bad as Jews are, Arabs are worse.
Tel Aviv may be a filthy kike infested hellhole, but at least it's a 1st world kike infested hellhole compared to what the Arabs managed to accomplish.
Original ownership means jack shit.

>Rose/Steven's is more better which is essentially "stay alive and keep feeding beliefs into the system until it collapses"

That's what really bugs me. Where the story currently is, there is literally no possible way for the crystal gems and earth not to get completely fucked over. They are outnumbered and outpowered and are dwarfed in technology.

And yet they are doing nothing!

It's probably going to be some kind of "power of friendship" thing. Maybe the cluster helps out in the end.

I'd say less that and more "everyone has the potential to seek redemption. Not the same but still just as cheesy, which we know Steven loves.

>Connie: "Of course you loved it. You love schmaltz!"

That's literally what happens with every villain type
>villain appears
>villain gets butt kicked
>CGs teach them friendship
>villain is on their side

Remember Jasper?

They're literally a group of rebel aayyyys. Like says, groups like them THRIVED on recruitment and bolstering their numbers with likeminded gems who're also unhappy with the current regime.

She's in the middle of one now and is currently in the "butt kicked/teaching friendship" stage.

I mean to be fair, they effectively DID nuke the planet, at least as far as gems are concerned, by corrupting all of the gems who lived on it.

She's an alien, literally does not have a vagina

That's because Steven and the Gems, up until now were much more content staying out of the Diamond's sightline and protecting that one specific place.

They're basically living in the proverbial Attic in Nazi Germany and have no real desire to actually take the battle TO the diamonds. They just want to keep earth safe and live out of the radar for as long as they can, which is getting increasingly more difficult for them.

They do have those special tazers that just...destroy your gem body automatically just from one touch.

Imagine an army with weapons that basically incapacitate the enemy completely just by sorta touching them.

If the war was still ongoing the Crystal Gems would've lost HARD. Especially if they managed to take out heavy hitters like rose immediately.

>That's because Steven and the Gems, up until now were much more content staying out of the Diamond's sightline and protecting that one specific place.

Never forget that the whole reason Homeworld knows the crystal gems are there and the earth is in danger is because Steven acted like the autistic retarded he always is and deliberately ignored the gems because he thought he knew better.

youtube.com/watch?v=9oZpRIFU_OY

>if it wasn't for Steven homeworld would have never known there were gems still on earth and would have been fine with waiting hundreds if not thousands of years for the cluster to finally go off

So Steven is literally the cause of all of the problems in the fucking show.A few more hundred or even thousands of years and humans would actually be able to fight Homeworld themselves with the rate we are progressing with technology.

But that little fat piece of shit had to go ruin it all by accelerating their interest in earth.

>this is the face of the destroyer of humanity

Who would replace the diamonds if that actually happened?

As much as we think democracy/communism will replace their semi fascist regime I feel like their culture and biology would make adapting a system like that in a successful way somewhat difficult.

I feel like we'd get just a bunch of jaspers muhhing over their lost leaders instead of taking up the mantle and doing something.

If Steven somehow convinces all the hw gems into a new 'everyone is totally free in this new government and it's totally perfect and the right way to govern people' and establishes it successfully…I'm going to be pissed.

Like seriously, not only would that be the most thinly veiled soapboxing in the show, but it would make Steven even more of a Gary Stu and be one of the most unrealistic things I have seen in a long time from a show that wants to have some semblance of being 'believable' given its context.

Considering everyone except the diamonds seems autistically retarded and all the gems that break out of their roles end up doing literally nothing, I'm pretty sure their society would just end up collapsing.

The cluster was incubating in its own time, it wasn't being fed by Homeworld commands; Homeworld isn't even sure when it's going to go off (because the shitty Peridot whose job it was to monitor it Clodded up the mission). If Steven never goaded Peridot into coming and then trapped her and made her go traitor, the cluster would have emerged already and everyone would be dead.

That's kinda what I meant. For a seemingly superior race their core structure is extremely unstable even with the diamonds.

You'd think there would have been more rebellions and problems in their society because regardless of their 'set roles' the fact that they have sentient autonomy is a liability to their 'you can't fall out of line of your role' society.

They didn't used to be like this until the last season or so when they made the subordinates of the diamonds idiots. It's basically a retcon

There still might be some hierarchy as seen in the CGs and it seems to go with a military-ish way that homeworld has but lacks the cultural restrictions.

Basically, they're doing something close to breaking the caste system while also trying to ensure that other alien life isn't killed.

Most of them don't seem to be idiots. Jasper is pretty intelligent and she's a Quartz. It's the amethysts and rubies and other cannon fodder that's dumb as the rocks they came out of

Except the two new gems are even more idiotic.

No, because homeworld exclusively knows how to weaponize shattered gems.

I want Steven finding a cure for the gem mutations and testing it out on Jasper. And then I want Jasper to actually release all the bubbled gems, Bismuth included, and then shatter the CGs and their dumb temple. Then I want her to fusionrape Lapis and to punish Peridot for her betrayal. I want the Crystal Gems gone for good, they made enough trouble. The planet belongs to the Diamonds by right, they wasted enough resources with that stupid war. It's time for payback. Oh and I want Steven to stay alive for all of this. I want Rose Quartz to see the shattering of her followers and destruction of earth with her own eyes.

are those also cannon fodder? I thought one was fusion or something.