IT'S TIME FOR THE BIG FINAALLEEE

IT'S TIME FOR THE BIG FINAALLEEE.

STINKIN HUNK O MUENSTER
YEAH YEAH YEAH

what did they mean by this?

I never understood this scene.

I also remember being perplexed by this as a child. I think I just rationalized it as an absurdist joke alluding to how much Dexter just didn't belong in that jolly hellhole.

If TV Tropes is to be believed: "Apparently, that part was actually an animation error brought on by the Korean animation staff misunderstanding instructions from the US storyboard artists telling them that the audience should "take off" (as in leave) at the end of the song due to a language barrier. Instead of telling the animators to do it over, the editors decided to leave it in the episode and even added an accompanying sound effect to make it funnier."

Stinkin hunk o' Grape Ape

>OH WE'RE FLOATING
>WEST AND EAST

i suppose it could've been worse.

I always heard it as "Stinking hunk of mustard" as a kid

Invader Zim did that all the time too. Like adding stomping sounds to a policeman that became giant because of perspective/layering errors or taking one look at the swagger in Ultra Peepi walking and wrote that song.

The episode itself was already really fucking bizarre so this part didn't actually stand out too much.

I never noticed, but thats hilarious

My child brain rationalized it like this:

When kids meet beloved fantasy characters in cartoons, they're taken on a magical journey and sucked through some fantasy portal. Like the "goodbye moonmen" sequence in Rick and Morty (the most recent thing I can think of)

I figured the people floating up into the air were being taken on a magical ugly cheese journey and Dexter's family wasn't.

>pizza rapture

NuPPG is just the gift that keeps on giving.

Why did old Hannah-Barbara characters make such common appearances in Cartoon-cartoons? Peter Potamus was in the Chubby Cheese's clip too

Post /co resteraunt mascots

Now that is fucking creepy looking.

I WANT MY SLAW

Her arms are fucking massive here.

I always thought that this is what Dexter was seeing since he is squinting his eyes right after this scene.

Seeing without his glasses makes things farther than they appear? I dunno.

Genndy Tartakovsky is a huge fan of the old Hanna-Barbara cartoons, so he included as many references to said cartoons as he could in Samurai Jack and Dexter's Lab. Because Cartoon-Cartoon era was very much centered around Cartoon Network being a channel "for toons, by toons", these references fit thematically, and other animators at CN went along with it (such as like animators behind the Jabberjaw CN Groovie).

ah, so that's where he got his shit taste.

Not to mention that Dexter was still produced under the Hanna-Barbera banner at the time, which eventually became CN Studios anyway. Super easy getting rights cleared for classic characters you already own.

Oh fuck, that's amazing if true. Can believe it, reminds me of that TMNT episode where the Koreans were asked to animate (pizza) pies and drew literal ones.

Man why you got to shitpost so stupidly

it's fucking tuesday

Wasn't there also a Ghostbusters scene where the script said that they were "hauling ass" and they drew them with their hands on their asses, walking awkwardly?

YOU HAVE YOUR SLAW, SIR.

This makes a lot of sense. It would also explain why Astro showed up in Samurai Jack like two weeks ago