Best visuals in any Star Wars while also taking a dump on JJ's "mysteries"...

Best visuals in any Star Wars while also taking a dump on JJ's "mysteries". Don't give a shit what anyone says about TLJ. JJ bluffed and Rian called it. Just like Lost, JJ wanted his reward while letting someone else work for it. Instead Rian takes his nu-ANH story and turns it around so every character is their own thing now. It's finally its own trilogy, no longer in the shadow of the OT. Kylo Ren is taking an unseen direction with Star Wars. He's how Rian has differentiated his film from the rest and thus becomes true Star Wars.

Because unlike manchild opinion, Star Wars was always about taking bold risks. Not to revel in its nostalgia. JJ approached Star Wars like a businessman. Rian approaches SW like a filmmaker.

Kylo's "kill the past" thing was honestly the best part of the movie.

Kylo Ren would unironically be a good character if he wasn't in this terrible trilogy
Adam Driver acts him really well

He took a dump on Star Wars, and everything in the OT.

Nothing they did mattered

This is now Sup Forums's new opinion, everyone. Take notice.

>Star Wars was always about taking bold risks.

Which is why Disney, instead of continuing the story, is still rehashing the Empire vs rebels story.

Jedi can fuck up, that's why the Sith exist in the first place.
Fanboys are just nihilists who don't understand subtext or anything they haven't seen as an infant.

Fault with TFA and not TLJ

Adam Driver is fucking saving these films.

Fair enough, but I just wish Rian Johnson would have included the rest of the galaxy a bit as well in the war. But I realize he did not have an easy task ahead of him, Disney most likely had a checklist of things for him to do, and he needed to give all of those characters something to do and tie it all together in the end.

To his credit I hated TLJ far less than I did TFA.

>puts toy selling furbies in the film with zero connection to the narrative
>puts OT characters like C-3PO and Chewbacca in the film with no role whatsoever
>puts entire sections in the film which are entirely unnecessary with zero impact on the story itself
>puts Marvel like "your momma" quips and jokes
>makes the opposing force a comic relief device which completely eliminates any sense of danger or tension whatsoever
>blatant character spewing exposition from the first frame till the last
>"Rian approaches SW like a filmmaker!"
sure thing buddy

>Best visuals in any Star Wars

you are not convincing anyone but yourself kiddo

>ramming the Star Destroyer
>Yoda burning the tree
>when the gliders break their formation on the salt planet and there's red dust everywhere
>Luke's death
Visuals were pretty on point

fuck off to reddit you pseud worm

>Jedi can fuck up

Luke fucked up constantly in the OT. But he never thought about killing a fucking kid, then fucking off and letting everyone die

TLJ is about balance in the force in a world without the Jedi. TFA is just a lazy retread. Hopefully JJ can just tie up the loose ends in the last one but knowing this fucktard hack he'll have Rey kill Kylo and let him get redemption in death.
TFA should have done more to explain how the setting has changed from ROTJ.

POSITIVES
>far and away the most space-based star wars
>resistance plot is speed in space and pulls it off well
>despite being a woman with purple hair, holdo is a captivating character with plenty of shades of grey
>prequel trilogy actually gets some love in the canto bight sequence calling back phantom menace's tatooine act
>rey shows weaknesses and faults (actually fleshing out her character)
>kylo shows strengths and doubts about allegiences (actually fleshing out his character)
>luke has failed and this actually effects his plot unlike some superhero who is heroic for the sake of being heroic
>fucking puppet yoda
>the suicide run was straight out of my animes
>snoke was a chump and the twist that he really wasn't that important felt good since trying to make him even more evil than sidious would have just been embarrassing
>luke vs kylo
>fuck you, porgs are adorable, didn't effect the plot like ewoks, and were kept mostly in the background
>papabacca
>hoth's placement always bothered me by making the rest of the movie sort of anticlimactic, action-wise; krait at the end was a fitting 'final stand'
>the 'true' story of luke searching kylo, becoming horrified, and then resisting the dark side fits perfectly with his character and actually bridges the OT and ST unlike Han and Leia
>johnson (who i don't care for) actually broke the boring abrams/spielberg/cameron mold and inserted a good amount of panache in the direction

NEGATIVES
>finn and rose didn't do much to endear me to them
>luke's exit wasn't quite as centerplaced as I would have hoped

Overall, 7/10. 3rd best SW after ANH and ESB. It seems normies hated it because it made TFA pointless, which was good in my book because TFA was a pointless movie to begin with.

Wrong. The cinematography in this movie was fucking gorgeous, everything from Snokes throne room to the hyperspace ram to Luke facing off an army on Krait looked incredible. Say whatever you want about this movie, you can't fault it for its visuals.

What about all these negatives

He feared the dark and acted out of instinct for a moment. Your choice to completely ignore half of that story says a lot about you.

Yeah the visuals were gorgeous. TFA looks like a cheap TV show in comparison.

Exposition is simply not there or not bad and those decisions are Disney execs. 7/10 isn't 10/10.

They look exactly the same, like any other CGI heavy big budget flick

>TLJ is about balance in the force in a world without the Jedi.

Do you reddit pseud clowns even listen to yourself ? Did you miss that Rey had the Jedi books? Did you miss when Luke clearly said she was the Last Jedi? Do you not think she will restart the jedi order so this shitshow can go on for the next 50 years?

Fucking kys

>puts toy selling furbies in the film with zero connection to the narrative
As opposed to toy-selling furbies with an integral connection to the plot (Ewoks and Jar Jar)? I'd rather something ignorable and inconsequential.
>puts OT characters like C-3PO and Chewbacca in the film with no role whatsoever
What did C-3PO do in the PT?
>puts entire sections in the film which are entirely unnecessary with zero impact on the story itself
Canto Bight I assume? Not only a rare moment of acknowledgement of the PT by calling back TPM, but it fleshes out Rose and Finn who would otherwise be pointless and introduces nuLando who literally causes the entire 3rd act to take place through his betrayal.
>puts Marvel like "your momma" quips and jokes
"Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?" "Scruffy looking nerf-herder"
>makes the opposing force a comic relief device which completely eliminates any sense of danger or tension whatsoever
Shades of grey is the point of the saga. Tension and humor, light and dark. Lack of depth creates cardboard cutouts.
>blatant character spewing exposition from the first frame till the last
Hyperbole.
>"Rian approaches SW like a filmmaker!"
Only on nu/tv/ would this be a bad thing.

>projecting your hate of CGI into genuine film discussion
Not only were there actual physical effects in the film, the visual style was actually on point.

>Exposition is simply not there
Oh fuck off.
The entire first act is nothing but pure exposition on those ships, bunch of people explaining every single part of the story to the audience possible. At some point Finn and Rose are literally ending each other exposition lines, acting all excited while they continue to spew point points for the audience.
Before every single event that happens the story completely stops and there is atleast one character that tells you what is happening, how they can fix it and what will the result of that be, this happens countless times in the film, completely fucking ridiculous and absurd.

>feared the dark and acted out of instinct for a moment

Which is contrived shitty storytelling. And it's completely out of character for Luke to abandon his friends and lose all after a fuck up, so it's contrived storytelling + character assassination

The Jedi existed before the Sith and could just as easily continue after it. You're just an angry little man with no platform to stand upon.

Anyone else getting really tired of JJ's bland inoffensive cowardly filmmaking? A cold calculator often mistaken for an artist.

>And it's completely out of character for Luke to abandon his friends and lose all after a fuck up
*loses a hand and jumps out of cloud city leaving han behind in front of you*

Why are you mentioning the prequels and TFA like they are are argument of good films?
Yes user, both the prequels and TFA/TLJ are extremely poorly done, what else is new? Even ROTJ is not as much as a good film and Ewoks are one of the most hated things besides Jar Jar, I really don't understand your point

he was looking for a way our you dipshit

You're right, he should have been frozen in carbonite and rescued by Rey from Jabba's son in episode IX.
A true successor to George Lucas imo.

>stage 1: denial
>i have to see it a few more times to figure out what my opinion is
>stage 2: anger
>it’s the other fanboys fault for having high expectations, they just don’t appreciate the subversion
>stage 3: bargaining
>if only TFA hadn’t been so bad and set up those stupid mystery boxes it would have been a better film

What will be the next thing they do?

Lol

If you honestly think that TFA and TLJ are on the same level you're fucking clueless on film

Rian Johnson is a genius

Thanks for the morning laugh faggot.

>The cinematography in this movie was fucking gorgeous, everything from Snokes throne room to the hyperspace ram to Luke facing off an army on Krait looked incredible.

It looked like a high budget mtv video. This isn't cinema, it's glorified tv. Low angles with large lenses, skewed frames for dramatic tension, etc.. Production values were ok I guess. But the cinematography? I'm sorry but it was nothing but an avalanche of average action setups that everybody has seen a thousand times before.

>everyone who disagrees with me is baiting, this way I don't actually have to discuss anything
Gettig really tired of this shit.

Don't even bother. Some people would rather let their gut instinct or pre-planned desire to conform with the popular opinion stand in the way of critical think or analysis of their own emotions.

Both are bad in their own way.
For example TFA doesn't have as much exposition and the first act actually has some space to breathe with Rey scavenging on Jakku, but has entirely different atrocious problems in the writing of the third act.

Same with the prequels, also bad films, but in an entirely different way.

He's trying to mimic Lucas but he's no successor to anyone.

This desu, its confirmed that JJ created TFA with no plan on how the entire trilogy would end up. It's the same shit he did with lost, create a bunch a open mysteries that wont be solved on film properly.

Snoke being a nobody and is fucking retarded Rian did this. He was too lazy to do anything proper with him so just goes with the Cliche apprentice betrayal shit and hes too self absorbed to see it.

If he had tried to make him Plageius or Sidious resurrected you would have screamed "pandering," and you know it.

Fucking rolling reading this nerd acting like a gross out gag was some horrifying Salo level shit.

No he wasnt, I swear you idiots would have liked some retarded exposition from Snoke like "I am Darth Plagueis the wise" and just that alone would have sufficed you, so you could spend 2 more years theorizing on him. The fact is Snoke was just a big bad evil wizard who is used as a tool for the develpment of the main characters. It's the same shit as the emperor in the OT, we knew nothing about him except he was just evil and powerful and in the end Vader kills him as part of his redemption arc.

Holy fucking projection, Batman.

This guy cant be serious, lmaoo

>Then the graphic sexual imagery of Luke on his knees jerking off the organs of this vile creature

Sure thing, shill.

>i refuse to believe Luke would ever turn into a cranky old ma---

>He thinks Disney pays "shills" to talk good about Star Wars on a Japanese anime board, ik its just soooo unbelievable that someone legitimately has a different opinion than you, it just cant be!!!! They must be paid shills!

I hate Disney as much as you do believe me.

smoke?

i agree

I disagree

I agree to disagree

I have never touched a girl in my whole life

>taking a dump on star wars
Fix that part for you

yeah but REY still a MARY SUE