Well that ended with a fucking whimper. 8 episodes that didn't amount to shit...

Well that ended with a fucking whimper. 8 episodes that didn't amount to shit, it was like a half filled balloon farting itself empty and LSP just reversing everything was the finally "pffft". Islands revealed so much and had some depth but the only part of this whole wank session that was good was the brief flashbacks of Finn remembering when PB wasn't a total cunt, which you just know if a middle finger to anyone who wants this series to end with Finn being happy and getting the Princess when in reality it's going to be PB and Marceline vigorously scissoring ontop of a crying Finn. Season 9 better not be this ass.

I cannot express my hate for romance plots in a comprehensible way that is not an amalgam of screaming and bloodshed.
After Regular Show started this craze with the whole "Betacai" shit suddenly EVERY show had to have some stupid unachievable romance between a main character and some broad. It makes sense in the context, but having entire fucking episodes dedicated to that bullshit when I'm trying to watch a show that's obviously about other things (looking at you Adventure Time) is fucking annoying. Just get Finn to tell all these whores to fuck off and get a cute monstergirl princess waifu or something who takes Jake's place after he retires from adventuring.

Well, I thought it was great. Lots of fun interactions between the characters, which is where this miniseries' strengths really lie. Cloudy is my personal favourite of the bunch, and that didn't advance the plot at all, but it was great just to see the two talk and show how much they care about each other.

the only thing i didn't like was the LSP cop-out and that it all got fixed like nothing happened

So not only are you super late to the party, you came over to bitch with wrong opinions?

This whole thread

>After Regular Show started this craze
dude, AT was relationshit before RS

It's funny how people say this, because Adventure Time spends very little time on romance. Like 3 episodes worth.

>Ignoring very Flame Princess episode
Wow, ATIDF sure is fast

You've only got Hot to the Touch, Burning Low and Vault of Bones that actually focus on them as a couple. I guess you could include Too Young and Frost and Fire if you're pushing it. Even then, that's still only 5.

>every Flame Princess episode
>every episode after the breakup about Finn trying to deal with it
>any episode that Finn interacts with Princess Bubblegum for more than one scene
>several Marceline episodes
I really wouldn't count Finn's kid crush on PB that appeared in the early episodes. However Flame Princess is completely influenced by Regular Show's "Betacai" era.

I thought, while visually interesting and pretty good drama, it demonstrated clearly visible fatigue in terms of what they can do with the characters and settings at this point. Bored with creating another intense, high fantasy scenario where Finn has to save the day, they decided "pft, let's give LSP the spotlight", but didn't feel like turning her into an actual complex character for various reasons, so instead of feeling like an escalating tension that was being rested on the shoulders of an individual struggling to grow, once Finn went flame crazy it was more like waiting around for them to hit a switch and say "OK. Crazy's over, everyone go home, enjoy the candy hangover."

And what about every episode after where Finn broods about his relationship?

I didn't count those because they're not really about romance, and they aren't exclusively about that either.

>>several Marceline episodes
What? Their relationship was never romantic.

Movie date episode. It seems like they force a little tension in there every time.

>brooding about a relationship
>not Betacai tier shit

That's a bit of a stretch.

I didn't watch RS past season 3.
Finn brooding makes sense, and he's only like that for a few episodes. Dungeon Train was awesome anyway.

>I didn't count those because they're not really about romance
>The entire episode is spent on Finn brooding over, you guessed it, romance

Yes, but their relationship isn't the focus, it's Finn getting over the break up. There is a difference.

>but their relationship isn't the focus, it's Finn getting over the break up.
But their break up is a part of their relationship. Besides, we were talking about romance, not relationships.

Same diff. The romance isn't the focus. It's 'post-romance' if you will.
>But their break up is a part of their relationship
It's when their relationship ended, so no it isn't.

This is just semantics at this point. I don't consider the post break up episodes 'romance' episodes.

>Same diff. The romance isn't the focus. It's 'post-romance' if you will.
This is by far the stupidest thing I've heard today.

>This is just semantics at this point.
No, this is just you grasping at straws to try to deny that some episodes are romance episodes. Relationships=/=romance regardless of semantics.

It depends on how you define romance. It can be synonymous with relationship or love affair, which is how I'm using the word in this case. You would have to apply the term 'romance' pretty loosely to classify the break up episodes as 'romance episodes.'

*post break up episodes.

>You would have to apply the term 'romance' pretty loosely to classify the break up episodes as 'romance episodes.'
romance
rə(ʊ)ˈmans,ˈrəʊmans/Submit
noun
a feeling of excitement and mystery associated with love.
verb
dated
try to gain the love of; court.
"the wealthy estate owner romanced her"

Finn is still in love with FP, thus it is a romance espiode. Almost all of the post-break up episodes involve him trying to romance her to get with her again.

It was good you have shit taste
I swear you people watch things just to bitch.

>Almost all of the post-break up episodes involve him trying to romance her to get with her again.
Literally one of them.

Most of them are just about him being mopey that she broke up with him, he only tries to get back with her once in Red Throne then never attempts again