My does The Phantom Menace feel more professional than the other two prequels?

My does The Phantom Menace feel more professional than the other two prequels?
Not sure how to elaborate, but the movie feels less haphazard than AotC and RotS to me.
At least as competent as Return of The Jedi in my opinion. It's like Lucas just gave up after the lukewarm reaction to the movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O5RhdJqdcEE
youtube.com/watch?v=Xx52--WmLQs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Well first of all...

III > I > II

when it comes to the prequel trilogy rankings. What you may be noticing is that George didn't go with his Darth Jar Jar Binks plot he originally intended to do. So the sequel movies after PM seem off to you.

>What you may be noticing is that George didn't go with his Darth Jar Jar Binks plot he originally intended to do.
back2reddit

Lucas actually used practical effects and live sets every once in a while in TPM. After that, he completely gave up.

Prove that he didn't intend to do that.

>prove a negative
#whoa

shot on film
slow paced
not as much cgi
more based on 1930s films than the others
feels more classical etc

it's entirely because of the cinematography, or in layman's terms "he got out of his fucking chair instead of doing everything in an entirely green room"
youtube.com/watch?v=O5RhdJqdcEE

>once in a while

a good amount of sets, models, and location shooting

But even the writing in this scene is more "out there" than anything in TPM. It's like he's going full stageplay with how much the dialogue isn't even attempting to be naturalistic.
That last bit "even more powerful than master Yoda" works in a certain kind of film, but it's jarring in the Star Wars universe.

return of the jedi benefitted from having two great movies that set up its characters AND the easiness of resolving a trilogy. so it's a much more enjoyable movie than TPM but i'm not sure if it's better made or not.

i strongly believe TPM is the best prequel though. a lot of has to do with real sets but qui-gon is also one of the best characters in the prequels and that's the only movie he's in

It was literally too deep for Star Wars fans

>so it's a much more enjoyable movie than TPM
I don't think so. It drops the ball on everything but the Luke plot.

I really don't get what you mean by this and have never felt that lines like that are too stage-y or out of place in Star Wars

Episodes 3 used a lot of practical effects, sets, and miniatures.
Episode 2 was the CGI shit fest. Besides Coruscant and Naboo, almost everything was green screened.

The writing is on par with the rest of the franchise. This scene and the entire ep2 suffers from "poeple talking while walking". You completely miss the expression/look/emotions of the actors.
This is much better : youtube.com/watch?v=Xx52--WmLQs
Also it's a shame these "lore" moments when they talk about power lvl are so rare.

It's lines that that contribute to people like Mike Stoklasa's perception that Anakin is stupid. Mike is stupid for not at least understanding what Lucas was attempting to turn Star Wars into, but Lucas was stupid for trying to wrench the universe into something so different in approach to the original trilogy and thinking that people would still eat it up.

Should have just kept Darth Maul around and made Jar Jar less retarded. Also make Anakin 19, replace Jin with Obi-wan training Anakin

BOOM got a good 1st movie.

>Also make Anakin 19
worst meme
TPM is a kid's movie and I loved having a kid my age as the star of the movie.

I hate this reddit shit so much, please tell me I've just fallen for easy bait and you don't actually believe this.