So looking back at it are you happy about the way DC handled things with Superdad and Superbro?

So looking back at it are you happy about the way DC handled things with Superdad and Superbro?

This way they can keep the best stories from each era canon.

So the old readers can be happy that the best Pre-Flashpoint stories are canon, the new readers can be happy that the best New 52 stories are canon and it's all the same Superman.

The only ones who could be mad about this are the shippers.

I can't see any fans being upset about this. It was clearly the best route instead of throwing Superbro and his stories under the bus.

I don't get it, didnt lois just work in the planet recently and that Jon wasnt really introduced to the outside world.

That was before the merger, post merger everyone knows about Jon now and there were never two sets of Superman and Lois.

So, Lois no longer remembers she was a Superwoman?

Hasn't really been revealed but I guess so. It seems like only Lana got powers which is weird since Superbro never died now.

Oh so Myx just merged the timelines so there was Superbro stories but SuperDad did them? Am I getting it right? I thought the personalities were just merged.

Continuity of the story has been respected. Characterization has been consistent. The only really annoying thing so far is that we had to go through another origin issue to lay out current continuity post merger. Even then, Supes frequently acknowledges that something is off. implying this is a major plot point.

...Is Myx working with Manhatten?

No mxy was just playing around with the fractured timelines. He was aware of it but didn't really care and was out for revenge.

Superman merged his two lost halves and created a new supertimeline.

Basically he pulled a superman prime and punched reality really really hard.

I'm still not sure what happened.

So how does Superwoman work on this like user said Superbro never died,
Is the book getting axed soon? Its pretty bad I hope after Rebirth all the old relationships are back i,e Ollie and Hal's friendship, they were so cold to each other in that GA issue.

Superbro and Superdad are the same person who were split into two beings and they've merged not that hard to follow.

Superboy Prime and Kon back when?

So does Superman still has his memories pre FP? He knows Cyborg was a Titan and etc. And since pre and post FP superman timeline merged shouldn't it have fixed the current timeline?

I'm reading Superwoman and right now Lana lost her powers too (she was the "spark" the two Supermen and the two Lois needed to merge), she is probably going to have an armor like Steel in the future issues, which is a shame since i liked the costume

Btw they gave no explaination, i guess they'll save the answers for action comics or superman

I would've just done the retconning at the end of the Rebirth event, and keep Superman as fully Pre-Flashpoint until then.

New 52 and Post-Crisis got merged together so Superman wore his trunks on the outside in this universe, but he also had some New 52 stories happen.

He doesn't remember anything from before the merge at all and they haven't really explained how this merger has changed the universe at large.

Alright thanks user, I also guess WW and Supes never happened, thank god.

Hate it. It is a colossal mess attempting to incorporate both their histories and attempt to make it work.

Well yeah, but they backed themselves into a corner when they killed Superbro and brought in Superdad. So we had a Superman with no history or connections in the universe so the merger was their way of fixing that.

How did they explain Lana's powers?

No.

After Mxy they were supposed to be the same person. Basically NOTHING has changed. It's just retarded; they can't both be the superman of the same planet. How does that even work? both had the exact same family?

They sure can and they sure are. There are much weirder things to happen in comics.

Wrong pic related by the way. It was supposed to be Rage.

So is this implying the combination happened earlier than when the comics came out?

They ARE the same person now. He just went through both sets of costumes through the years. That picture doesn't suggest they were different. He operated on the shadows with the black suit and beard, but then went public again and had some of the later new 52 adventures.

The point is, that's exact the same thing as before.

Or are we supposed to believe there are two Pa and Ma Kent? two planet Kripton being destroyed? two Supermen with the exact same history?

Yes, it retconned their entire timeline. There was always only one Superman now. His origin seems to be mostly Secret Origins, but his actual career mixes events from both, with the New 52 stuff starting after Death & Return.

>They ARE the same person now
There is one part on the latest comic where both appear side by side, when Lois was delivering the baby.

The Kents still died early like in the New52 and Pre-Crisis though.

They took a convoluted situation and resolved it by making it even more convoluted. I'm not particularly thrilled with how it all turned out, but I've got to admit, it was a very "comic book" thing to do.

I don't think the merge was necessary but I'm not entirely against it. After a year none of it will be an issue but it gives Jurgens something to do.

looking back? that happened like a month ago? it's not looking back that far senpai

i don't give a shit if it makes sense or not, the trunks are canon and that's all i needed.

THEY'RE CANON GOYER, YOU HEAR THAT?

CANON!!!!!!!

No. Cause it doesn't make any sense! Now literally everything including all of his nu52 appearances happened over a decade ago cause he took ten years off and came back for no reason at all.

Dude that's because one of them was present day Superman viewing a replay of the birth scene in the Fortress of Solitude and the other one, the one in the Nu52 outfit, was the past Superman who was part of the recording.

So Superdad is in his 40s now? Assuming that he was active during his 20s. Continue being Superman for about 5-10 years before retiring due to birth of Jon. 10 years of inactivity before resurfacing.

Maybe, but they might just go the Supergirl route and say that Kryptonians age slower than humans do.

As i remember they were both interacting with the characters.

I'm bitter that all Jurgens did was restore all of his own shitty 90's comics to continuity, while every other character still lost their entire history.

No, Present Superman was just giving a running commentary that made it seem like he was responding to what people were saying in the recording.

But it was a hologram, they weren't answering back.

It makes sense if you actually read the issue and the one before it where he started watching the recording so he could get caught up on his new timeline.

So? What was you expecting? He still restored 80 stuff. While Johns wants legion and jla, pre crisis stuff.

They're not gonna put in indentity crisis back in nor muck around what worked in nu 52.

>nor muck around what worked in nu 52
The only good Superbro stuff was the Morrison origin retelling and they replaced that with scenes from Johns' Secret Origin.

If they were gonna change his debut to get rid of the t-shirt and jeans dangling a senator out a window, I'd have at least rather seen him catching a plane instead of the fucking helicopter from the Donner movie.

Eh. Morrisons retelling is too radical.

No Kon.

No, they just complicated it further. They should have kept them as separate characters with Superbro dead until the next big Crisis after which he leaves for space or something. They wouldn't have to complicate it further, kept some tension between Superdad and other Leaguers and people who jumped on with N52 wouldn't feel like "their" Superman was just undone.

Also what is even Lex doing in this continuity ? Does he actually have Superbro's cape now that the world was altered and there was only one Superman ?

Yeah, I agree.

I still don't even understand it.

There's no reason they couldn't have combined Johns' Smallville, Krypton and Superboy stuff with Morrison's early days in Metropolis.