So did our rick ever get revenge on this rick or was all just fabricated?

so did our rick ever get revenge on this rick or was all just fabricated?

All.fabricated
There is no reason why Rick is Rick, all Rick's are like that

We're still in Shoney's, so...

I think some of it has to be true.

The point is that literally none of it matters. You're entitled to think that's the case but it's a waste of energy to dwell on it.

Not dwelling, I'm just inclined to think there is some truth to that story. It would be weird for there not to be setting it up like that.

It's entirely possible but it's an absurdist work so who knoooooows?

Cunts?

OH GOD, WE NEVER LEFT SHONEY'S

Duuuude. Nothing matters! xD hahahaha just blaze it.

>c137 Rick getting made into panultimate Rick by mysterious stranger Rick
>mysterious stranger Rick is already seemingly the Infinite Rick
>portals a bomb into the garage for drama
Rick made that entire backstory up, it was only ever about the sauce.

its all about getting that sweet sweet szechuan suace user

Considering Beth isn't dead, it's a safe bet that it is, as he stated, a totally fabricated origin story.

i didnt want to make another thread so i thaught id ask here

why didnt Zeep just hook his miniverse up so any excess power goes to Rick?
that way his people wouldnt have to work and the battery wouldnt get destroyed because it would work

>implying Rick isn't more than likely from a dimension where one of his experiments killed his Beth

because that would've been smart

N o. You don't get it. It's not that it doesn't matter to foreshadowing or the past or whatever. Of course Rick's origin matters to say, the galactic government.

What doesn't matter is his past. he is who he is. Has done and will continue to do what he's doing. Whatever past he has is irrelevent. None of it fucking matters. Would a bitter origin make him a better person? Would a selfish one make you spurn him? It doesn't matter. Context is a spook, we content now.

Because zeep is just like Rick,he cared more about beating Rick than helping his people or coming with a better solution
Alsothe creatures he created would create their own universe again

I thought the point was that he made a the portal gun so he could have "his" family again

How can he ever get his family again? The show has a weird view of time travel, they go sideways in show, not backwards and forwards.

yeah but he could just go in and explain the whole siphoning power thing and hope the guy doesnt kill himself.
though if he does then problem soveld
so its a win/win

Well, infinite number of universes does kinda mean this scene would've happened to two Ricks at some point. Even if our Rick 'made it up' it still technically could've happened to a 'Rick'.

...what if our Rick was actually the other one? That way he was still lying but not really.

Personally I think this all actually happened, but the only reason he was able to call it a "fake memory" was the whole blue pants thing.

After all, the best lies are the ones based in truth.

this is actually the point of the show but people rip on it as if its trying to be more than that

My headconnon is "our" Rick heard this happend to another Rick while he was at the citidel getting coffee in Shoney's

I don't see how this contradicts what I said.

shoneys isnt very good desu

Wrong. Two ricks interacting is multiversal which is entirely different to universal. There aren't infinite multiversal interactions. Also there aren't infinite unique Rick's but rather a finite continuum upon which there are infinite deviations. There is a upper and lower to the set, in other world. Things Rick can be any variation of, and factors he may never have by nature of his composition.
On top of that, again, universe isn't multiverse. There is one finite multiverse in this show. Actions across dimensions are by proxy unique events.

Not only that but harmon clearly doesn't believe Einstein's ideas about how time works, since he used alternate worlds instead of being able to go backwards or forwards in time.

>There aren't infinite multiversal interactions
I think you fundamentally misunderstand the concept of infinity. There's a "central finite curve" of known Ricks, but there's nothing to suggest that that's all the Ricks in the entirety of existence. Even with the entire Citadel killed, there are still more Ricks in the multiverse than atoms in our universe. Why would an infinite multiverse contain only a finite number of Ricks?

I mean he did what he did after that one Earth got cronenberged

This is what i believe for now:

The story is real. But after that (probably after a revenge), Our rick moved to an universe which his family alive and tried to settle in there but some horrible thing happened (probably related evil Morty). And then he move to the universe we see in the begining of the show.

Right but if they had time travel they wouldn't need to jump to a different earth, all they would have to do is go back in time and stop themselves from fucking up.

I always thaught of the finite curve as bieng a lesser infinity like how natual numbers are a smaller infinity than decimal numbers
so there are infinite ricks between 1 and 2 as well as infinite ricks going 1,2,3 ext.

>time as a spacial dimension
It was already wrong to begin with. Spacial dimensions and temporal ones should be kept seperate or at least diverge after 3/4

>I think you fundamentally misunderstand the concept of infinity
I think you are fundementally retarded and don't understand the implications of infinity past the meme of ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE. I mean this to be offensive but also as a learning experience. Note how I said finite set and detailed that particulars about Rick wouldn't be included in the components of that set thereby defining the entity regardless of the variation?
Fucking faggot

I think much like c137, I think evil morty got screwed over and he wants to take it out on ricks. He was willing to sacrifice hundreds of morty's to start a war among the ricks. It doesn't even seem evil, he just wants revenge.

rick in black is our rick, the rick wearing bluejeans had his beth and wife blown up but our Rick saw baby Morty so our Rick must have seen his Beth grow up, or he just keeps hopping universes everytime his Beth dies but that must really mess with his head if he really cared for her that much

There are infinite numbers between +1 and -1. But there is only one number that is neither positive nor negative. And our Rick is the one between the Ricks who develop multiverse teleporting , and the ricks who don't.

It's finite because it's a set. Meaning it contains limitations to its potential components but unlimited itterations of those components.
You can say it's a 'lesser infinity' hence infinite variation but variation is not components. Further Ricks are beyond the universal variation laws somewhat by proxy of connecting across the multiverse and creating a unified causality.

If c137 lost his family, he was going to be messed up regardless. He must feel like all families he see's as fake, which is also like a constant reminder of what he lost at same time. After anger and rage usually comes a form of nihilism.

Reminder Beth has abandonment issues because Rock invented the portal gun and went on a crazy bender that lasted years, got involve with intergalactic rebellion then got tired of it all and went back to reconnect with his family. That's it.

People are forgetting that our Rick had memories of baby Morty, and a photo with him. This despite having returned to the family less than a year before the first episode.

Rick is from another Universe, but one where Beth livef long enough to have Morty at least. Whether the rest of the family died and Rick raised his Morty, or he just never left his family, something happened, Morty probably died, and Rick was probably at fault. Then he pickef a Universe with a dead Rick, and we get the show.

but remember our morty is also called morty c-137 and he is called rick c-137 but he also was not around to see morty growing up but did have the memory of it so he must have stolen another ricks life maybe it was him?
he does love beth though all the ricks do, even if its not their beth, and that also makes it easier for him to hate jerry because its not even his jerry its some other ricks jerry

Did you mean fab-rick-ated?

Unless our Rick just calls himself C-137, or the Council of Ricks base their Universe classification purely on what Rick is taking residence there. That seems suitably narcissistic.

>Posting from saints row

I loved the first two games.

No it was all set up by rick and rick made him do it while rick was in on it and rick master minded it all

I still think our rick is blue jeans. You don't get that jaded unless a lot of bad shit happens.

So if Rick is so nonchalant about replacing his family when things go south than why doesn't he just portal to some world where his wife didn't die?

To be honest did you see how many ricks were on council of ricks?

It seems like someone went around and forced all of their wives to either leave or die. Maybe that is only way he can become 'rick' and others just accepted it. Otherwise how could so many ricks be there and none of his wives? They all had morty's so she had to exist at some point to have beth.

Theres unlimited Ricks with unlimited Morties. Did they all have that backstory? What does it matter.

Its possible the protagonist Rick IS the other Rick.

Or its all fabricated.

>Otherwise how could so many ricks be there and none of his wives?
Because Rick is a piece of shit in every possible universe.

Or he was forced into being one.

You have watched the show, right?

Getting your family killed in front of you is going to fuck you up.

I'm not saying all had to be forced into it but the argument above about infinite versions would mean he could be good in some of them and to gain more power the others could force the ones that don't play ball down the road they want.

Why else would a rick blow up another rick's family?

while there's infinite universes, only a finite number have ricks. too far removed from 'earth prime' so to speak, the parallel quotient is too low and you start getting dimensions where the USA was never founded, or it became an accepted worldwide tradition to sacrifice your firstborn to thraglar the blood mother. further out than that the earth stops existing. further out than that, the solar system never forms.
and past a sort of 'event horizon' all the universes you can find have already succumbed to heat death.

That didn't happen. You're assuming it happened because they showed it, but they established literally seconds later that Rick was making it all up. In an earlier episode Rick was bitching about marriage being stupid because he's the smartest guy in the universe and he couldn't make it work. They talk all the time about how he abandoned Beth and her mom, Beth has said so on multiple occasions. That means he left and her mother was still alive. You're latching onto some stupid headcanon for no reason other than you're somehow incapable of grasping that the guy who lies all the fucking time made up a story.

I'm latching onto what was shown, not told.

>what was shown
In Rick's mind, in a fake memory, in his brain Shoney's where he likes to make butts to fuck with people.

No need to be rude to that user, user. You are being a cunt for no reason.

Or he portaled in from his adventures, saw infant Morty and then portaled back out till Morty was old enough to go on his adventures

That's a mistake.

>believing a habitual liar about what is and isn't a lie

But user, that picture was in Birdperson's house and we have no idea which Birdperson that was relative to the show's main Rick. Unless Morty managed to accidentally portal back to Croenenberg universe and get to Birdperson's planet, that wasn't even the show's original Birdperson. When there are infinite versions of all the characters and the main characters have a habit or fucking around in all the different universes, it's pretty much impossible to keep track of what is or isn't part of their personal history. So it's really best to stop trying to sort it all out and let the events of the show tell you what is or isn't real.

It actually was the original Birdperson as far as we know because we never saw Cronenberg universe Birdperson because his first appearance was after they ditched that universe.

The Birdperson we know probably doesn't even know that his Rick that he knew was replaced by C-137

>all Rick's are like that

Except our rick is the ricky rick.

I keep hearing about this fucking show everywhere I go.
Should I get into Rick and Morty? What am I missing?

That isn't how infinity works. Whatever limitations are upon the Central Finite Curve, there are still infinite Ricks of every variation somewhere.

Not much

It's an alright show but too many people treat it like the Second Coming of Christ (but God doesn't exist lol)

It's nothing special but it's alright

the battery would still be useless, and thus destroyed

Please continue this. I'd love to read on this topic but dont know where to begin so this will have to suffice.

About the only shred of truth I took from it is that's how young Rick, young Beth, and his wife looked. Also I think they said the wife's name but I forgot it. The rest is made up.

>Also I think they said the wife's name but I forgot it.
Diane. Her name was Diane, user.

Infinite universe theory starts falling apart once things from outside of the universe come in and start mucking with them. Logically, any time a Rick portals anywhere, there should be millions of other Ricks flooding in who came from universes that haven't diverged from the original in any significant way.

Who cares. I want more wacky adventures. When's the season's air date?

If there really is an infinite amount of alternate realities each a bit different than the previous one, then in at least one of those this must has happened.

Setting up what? "Alt-Ricks killed my wife and child, now I seek revenge and drink and act like an asshole"? That's as cliched as it gets. You really think that's what they'd use if they wanted you to take it seriously?

It wasn't just to trick the bug, it was to trick the viewer as well. You're supposed to think "oh my god, are they really doing this cliche shit?" Its lousy but plausible, so the viewer actually believes it. This increases the catharsis when it's revealed to all be bullshit.

Rick made the most cliche backstory possible so the Goverment Bug would eat it up

The only truth might've been how Beth looked when she was younger and the name of his wife, everything else is fabricated

He asking, why didn't Zeep just hook up HIS battery to thing that transmits power up to Rick? Even if it doesn't produce 20 terawatts of juice, he could just make a second one, or however many he needs, and hook them up. Then, he could make another one to power his world. Everyone wins.

It was all fabricated, you dense retard. Holy shit, you people are unbelievable.

infinite universes not infinite ricks there has to be atleast one more universe than possible variations because if theres a universe where X exists there is a universe where X does not exist

infinity divided is still infinity

kinda like how there's in infinite set of all numbers and yet that doesn't take away from the fact that there's an infinite set of numbers between 0 and 1. One is a larger infinity but both are still infinite.

It's extremely funny.

You'd be a fool not to at least watch the first few episodes and see what you think.

Mark my words, "our" Rick is the one who tried to recruit the other one, then sent the bomb.

Making assumptions on how the brain analyzer works he'd probably have to falsify almost everything from how his wife and Beth looked to what color his pants were. If he let even a small bit of real memory leak into his false one he could lose control of the scenario and give away valid information.

Fabricated, earlier in the episode we see a silhouette of a woman and a young girl stepping into a portal. I'm pretty sure that's closer to the actual story.

PICKLE RICK WUBALUBADUBDUB

>he'd probably have to falsify almost everything from how his wife and Beth looked to what color his pants were.
I did get the sense that Beth's real mother was a redhead, not the blonde we saw in the fake memory. Just a variety of clues from the fact that Summer has red hair to the fact that Rick seems to have a thing for redheads.

>Rick says the memory wasn't real
>"b-but how do we know the memory wasn't real!"

you guys are retards

>Lies about everything
>Take everything as its said even though he lies about everything
>calls others retards

If the memory were real he'd have been caught with his portal secret exposed and his whole fucking ruse wouldn't be possible.

When rick lies it's usually for some reason. Like save his grandkids with a bluff or just to get some scam or even as a joke but there's some dumb reason. What possible reason would he lie about that being fake? Like he doesn't want some alien he's about to kill to know he has feelings for 10 seconds? Shit doesn't make sense.

Quality show. 8/10 episode rating on average. People hate it because it's too popular.

It's pretty good. Give it like 3 episodes before you write it off, it's got a few misses, and the first episode is WAY heavier on the annoying burping and shit than the rest.

>all the samefagging in this thread

Why?
You think a genius can't fake a backstory?

Rick's an incredible hypocrite. Every time someone more powerful than him tries to control his actions, or just tells him 'No', he goes out and typically murders them or ruins them.

But when someone tries to tell him to spin on it,he commits genocide and enslavery, murdering countless innocents.