You know what really bugged me about Transformers then and now?...For most of the series that I've watched...

You know what really bugged me about Transformers then and now?...For most of the series that I've watched, depending on the episode, anyone of the autobots/maximals and decepticons/predacons would either shrug off multiple laser blasts with a bit of damage, or be in serious condition after one shot. It made the laserfights, the main type of fight in transformers have little real meaning. Unless it was at the start of an episode to kick off a plot, not much ever really occurred...just a lot of missing. So much missing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1g63Q5ivVN8
youtube.com/watch?v=1g63Q5ivVN
youtube.com/watch?v=K7NnI4OdLRQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This applies to pretty much all the Reagan-era glorified toy commercial shows. They needed action, but they couldn't kill off characters who could be merchandised.

then the bay movies happen and bots die before they even get an introductory scene.

Can't really have it both ways

You know, I watched some of the Bay movies before I became a Transformers fan and I thought they had a lot of issues. but they were fine. Then I became a fan, went through them again, and apart from a lot of moments in the first movie, they totally butchered so many characters and inserted so many unnecessary storylines and did the ultimate evil...they didn't use a vocoder or any similar device for Soundwave.

Needed more DJ-Battles

That is why horrific weapons such as glass gas and various superpowers developed. To beat the natural defences they have.

personally i thought transformers was too light on the war thing and wanted it to be more like gundam back then (characters dying outside of special episodes).

then the first bay movie came out and realized how bad that was for character establishment (bonecrusher almost immediately dying for example).

Remember that time Soundwave and Blaster had a duel to the death?

youtube.com/watch?v=1g63Q5ivVN8

>youtube.com/watch?v=1g63Q5ivVN
I do remember...But according to youtube is telling me, it doesn't exist...
My God...Have I been hallucinating?

Maybe you're thinking of that OTHER time they had a duel to the dead and nobody died.

youtube.com/watch?v=K7NnI4OdLRQ

Bitch please, the 80s animated movie was doing this decades before bay got his hands on the franchise.

Man. The lack of any impact sound or environmental impact for those first few sound-waves just makes it look like they're just falling over dramatically.

Jeez man, that Rodimus is a kind of idiot. How many autobots died triying to save him?

It's a shame how limp-dick that final fight is. I really like Auto-bop as a stand alone episode.

i will never see a most bad ass and more powerful animated vercion of this

i fucking drop you for life hasbro

The Transformer's energy crisis was a hell of a thing.

this isn't the end of your child hood...

is the end of a good and epic transformers animated adventure

Iron birds of fortune
Adrift above the skies
Cloudy revelations
Unseen by naked eyes
Flying tools of torment
Will penetrate the sphere
Erupt the rock of ages
Bringing final fear
Instruments of destruction
Tools of foul play
It's a vile interruption
Existence drifts away

remember watching this back in mexico in 1995

that episode suck ass so much,it was trying to hard to emulate the feeling of the movie,but fails horribly

seriously...i was so much disapointed about hasbro and toei for creating so much nonsense in the quality and the scrip of this production

>Tools of foul play
>It's a vile interruption

I used to think this was the lyrics too

Apparently, it's actually
"Tools of power plays
It's a violent eruption"

rip Soundwave, best dad

Here, have a bot who can get shit done.

>hasbro
It's Takara, dummy.

Brawn, Prowl, Ratchet and Ironhide getting deadass murdered was insane. Especially in the downright goofy way it was done, with Megatron just doing his stupid backflip-turn-into-a-gun shit.

>then the first bay movie came out and realized how bad that was for character establishment (bonecrusher almost immediately dying for example).
As much as Bonecrusher was just a big dumb hate machine, at least that scene re-established why the Decepticons were the bad guys. That dude crashed through a BUS. He had to be put down, and Optimus did so efficiently, without endangering anymore humans or dropping a sadistic one-liner.

In the sequels, bigger budgets + Bay's total lack of self-awareness led to Autobots causing just as much property damage as Decepticons, especially in the gratuitous chase scenes, and Optimus became way more psychotic and disturbing than his enemies.