Childhood is idolizing Wolverine. Adulthood is realizing Cyclops was right

Childhood is idolizing Wolverine. Adulthood is realizing Cyclops was right.

Childhood is Wolverine and Cyclops being alive. Adulthood is Wolverine and Cyclops being dead.

Elderly epiphany is realizing that both were great and tha Jean was the real shit all along

This!

Childhood is wanting jean, adulthood is being with Emma.

Wolverine was great until the early 90's since then he is the easiest way to spot insecure little manchildren

Holy Shit, this.

But I mean was there any age where Jean WASN'T the real shit? Maybe I was just born an old man.

Best post.

Childhood is rooting for the mutants

Adulthood is realizing that the Government was right

She wasn't shit when she was dead

*Mutant Government

The moon gets destroyed every week.

fuck the moon.
whats it ever done for me

You mean that terrorist group that kidnaps people from their homes and brainwashes them into a culture war against normal everyday people? Naw, fuck muties and their 'culture'

I mean, it always keeps you company in the night no matter how dark it was or becomes

you're thinking of the inhumans

As much as I don't like the inhumans they at least made an effort to warn people of the incoming gas cloud so that anyone who didn't want to join them didn't have to. Mutants will show up in your neighborhood, out you as a mutant and put your life in danger if you don't join their ranks. They'll tell you they are doing this to protect you, but it wasn't until they showed up that everyone suddenly knows you're a mutie. Fuck mutants, and Fuck the Inhumans.

Someone once made a good post that when the writers were kids they idolised Wolverine and couldnt stand boy scout Cyclops.

However, once you get older you realise why Cyclops is not just important, but necessary. Why Wolverine is nothing more than a roaming hobo who does more harm than good. You appreciate the hard choices he has to make and admire his leadership and tactical knowledge.

... Only the writers never realised that. They never grew up, but became stunted man children obsessed with the "jocks" who bullied them in high school. So they big up Wolvie and they shit on Cyclops. Only they dont do a good job, cause to them being responsible and making hard decisions makes you "wrong"; being popular and a bit of a stick in the mud makes you a "bad guy".

People don't buy it, and it only serves to show how truly immature these writers are.

My man you just achieved transcendence.

best post in the thread

/thread
//board

Even when she mind controlled Emma from beyond the grave?

>Jean was complete real shit all along
ftfy

Yep, the only good Jean Grey is a dead Jean Grey

>always liked wolverine due to cartoons, early kiddy comics and movies
>tried reading a few Logan books
>apart from OML I found every single one boring as shit and each one changed his character wildly

Now I fucking hate Wolvie. Which books are the best for Scott? Is it Claremont's shit?

this post in the most immature i'll read on this thread

I always liked the boy scout-kind of character when I was little. I looked up to them.

I'm afraid I have to say I failed them

Pretty much

Either way Jean ruins them both

FUCKING NAILED IT BABE

FUCKING FPBP!

>Jean was the real shit all along
You mean Jean was really shit all along.

I think the concept that Wolverine and Cyclops end up switching places upon adulthood (well adulthood for Cyke) is neat. The idea that Xaviers perfect son ends up being a slightly more heroic Magneto and the troubled member of the team gets thrust into the responsibilities of a leader despite his obvious flaws gives each character a new coat of paint while keeping what's important for each. Cyclops is supposed to make the hard choices.

That might be because I really enjoy the longform character arc of Wolverine slowly building a new family through female sidekicks and best friends. The idea that Logan at some point just realizes that he's one of the oldest mutants alive and that he must shoulder the responsibilities of a societal leader makes me hard. Or that without the timescale of hundreds of years that Logan has Xavier's dream seems impossible and Magneto's war seems like an eventuality. That and having the boy scout grow up to be the bad boy and the bad boy grow up to be the boy scout is fun for me.

bump

Can someone tell me what the delete post said? Something about Jean Grey?

what did it say?

Fpbp

Childhood was having the X-Men respected by Marvel and the main characters being alive :/

Scott deleted this post.

>Elderly epiphany is realizing both Wolverine and Cyclops were great and the real shit was Jean all along.

"Oh geez a cloud that could turn me in a filthy inhuman, better leave my job, family, friends, loved ones just to avoid the cloud or stay and become whatever the fuck and leave everything to go work for that roastie medusa"

Did wolverine and cyclops ever have have a team up line like world's finest? If not it's something they should definitely do if they ever bring them back.

Not just the two of them but they worked very close in many runs like Morrison's.

I likes Gillen's Scott a lot.

The cloud takes, what, an hour, maybe three hours to pass by and leave the area safely? Whereas you be a mutant with a mundane power and are able to hide it pretty well, mutes suddenly show up with their fucking jet making a huge scene and basically indirectly threaten your life until you join them.

I'd take the cloud of mutie filth anyday.

>The idea that Logan at some point just realizes that he's one of the oldest mutants alive and that he must shoulder the responsibilities of a societal leader makes me hard

I'd pay pretty good money for a series of World's Finest X-Men comics where they take place in different time periods of the X-Men like the golden age Sentry comics they did.

the x-men's 90's costumes are just amazing

I wish when Jim Lee did the Justice League that he did it with as much style as he did the X-Men. I mean christ look at those comics, each and every one of them is iconic as fuck. Even shit like Longshot's bandoleer stayed with the character for fucking ever.

i saw that post earlier why would they delete that? serious question i'm a newfag did he break some kind of rule?

waifufags reported it probably

Always funny watching Logan try to intimidate Scott, the fucker blew the arm off a celestial, how's a manlet think he's a threat

i hate it when logan and scott fight because they always end up on the ground wrestling with each other if logan is seriously trying to kill him and there wrestling there's no situation where scott should survive

I can't imagine either wants to kill each other and you're looking a gift horse in the mouth, i mean what's hotter than two manly spandex-clad dudes wrestling?

Man, you just summed up why the characters post-Schism are the best they've been in years. I wish editorial felt the same way.

Childhood is reading Marvel. Adulthood is reading DC

>no situation where scott should survive
The hell are you talking about, Scott has taken on the rest of the team by himself and with broken ribs and won

So what you're saying is you went from being a child to being a man child

And then scott took that mantel in the 2000s

I mean you're wrong but it's kind of funny that it's literally true for me. I wish Marvel would get it's act together. I miss my childhood heroes.

Childhood is having brand loyalty, Adulthood is enjoying comics from all companies

then why Cyclops is shit on the movies?
He is only mildly relevant in the first movie.

did you miss the part where i said "and there wrestling" get some fucking reading comprehension

You get some writing comprehension, you structured the sentence in a way that didn't specify a wrestling match, only if he was serious

That kid in Apocalypse got more screen time than Marsden ever did except for maybe the first one. That is a crime.

Marsden was a pretty great Cyclops too. The original trilogy fell into the old myth that Cyke is boring and should only exist as a foil for Wolverine.

I agree completely. Perfect casting but totally underused.