Let's talk about Wally

Let's talk about Wally,
If you're a fan of him tell us how you were introduced to his stories.
Or tell us you're favorite team up involving Wally.
Also let's talk about his direction in rebirth and Titans.

I was replying in an earlier thread and some retard kept spewing
>power level fag
When I was trying to mention that the first examples of Hardcore speed force powers were done by wally, ones that had a soft science explanation
( physics + speed force= I do wut I want)
Although he credited barry for explaining how to do his feets, we saw wally doing them first.
I personally believe Most Wally-fags know of him through the comics especially when he had taken Barry's mantle. Saying these things isn't comparing the two to the extent of powerlevels, because I'm sure barry could do whatever the fuck he wants to with speed force plot armor. Just saying which came first in means of doing AND explaining.

I'd also like to say to that guy who was giving everyone shit, that feces flinging troll , if you want people to think you don't know shit and or are a child, mental and or physically, keep doing what you're doing. Who knows if you keep slingin the same bs to everyone someone might buy it. You my smelly friend are autism incarnate. Period. Heh.

I'll be waiting for some nice conversations and the inevitable person or advocate trying to start shit
A G A I N.

Just a quick addition, the guy mentioned that Powerlevel Fags are the most pathetic of comic book nerds. I'd beg to differ, a power level fag can be irritating, but they are in the bigger numbers. I'd say the worst comic book nerds in my personal opinion are the fakes... the ones who talk big but don't know shit
Find yourself in the latter.

My first exposure to Wally was through Superman the animated series and for comics Geoff Johns run on the character.

Favorite team up was his time as a member on JLA by Morrison. Not too big on Wally with the Titans, and the current roster seems meh, so I haven't been paying attention. I'm waiting for him to get involved with the Button storyline, not fucking around with a team that is so butchered by the New 52.

Same user. I did enjoy his time in the Flash books bonding with Bally

Yeah, same here. DCAU Cartoons and the Johns run.
I haven't really gotten through Morrison JLA because prometheus was a rather embarassing villain to read.

Introduced to Wally in flash rebirth funnily enough,read through all the waid-johns back issues.My favourite team ups are always with people tha knew Barry and Wally as kid flash so hawkman,green arrow,Batman and the titans

My first wally experience was right after he picked up the flash name, then I read some of his crossovers with green lantern, I liked their bitchy; we hate each other but we don't really, we're super close. Lol.
And I guess I saw him in the JL cartoon.

Lol, guy sounds like a tool. You sound like a wally fag though desu, not much offense given... you don't seem to be talking nonsense though.

I loved his crossovers with batman, always made batman feel more compassionate.

wally was my childhood flash, and i was first exposed to him through morrison's jla. the jl cartoon only reinforced that he was a worthy successor, but i'm growing to love barry again

You sound like an autist who obsesses over power levels and who would win in a fight.

The fact that you made a followup thread to repeat yourself and call someone else an autist only proves it so much more.

>I'm waiting for him to get involved with the Button storyline.

You're going to be waiting a long time then.

Wally's stuck with the Titans because The Flash book is Barry's and the JL spot is Barry's. They just shoved Wally in Titans because there's nowhere else to put him that wouldn't undermine Barry, which is a big no no for them and the entire reason they erased Wally in the first place.

If your reasoning for power level fags not being annoying is there's lots of them then you're stupider than I thought.

Damn that's great, I'd bite my pride and say I am a kyle fag, but God dam senpai.. When wally was told by people that he's doing good it felt natural, when it happened with kyle, it felt oh so forced and honestly not sincere and made kyle constantly seem like a noob child.

Nice

There you are, I love how it's the same thing in a different order. Lol, plagiarize yourself bro.
When you say levels I think of comparing, but maybe you could explain to me why you think that without using the same sentence mixed up?

>I loved his crossovers with batman, always made batman feel more compassionate.

Wally never crossed over with Batman. Batman made a couple of cameos but they were usually just to shit on Wally and then get counter shat on.

>I'd also like to say to that guy who was giving everyone shit, that feces flinging troll , if you want people to think you don't know shit and or are a child, mental and or physically, keep doing what you're doing. Who knows if you keep slingin the same bs to everyone someone might buy it. You my smelly friend are autism incarnate. Period. Heh.

This is one of the more autistic sentences I've seen on Sup Forums outside of a general in awhile.

Fucking tripfags, man.

Let's play spot the buthurt people,
Chill you guys.
Let's talk about comics and not have useless arguments

>There you are, I love how it's the same thing in a different order. Lol, plagiarize yourself bro.
>When you say levels I think of comparing, but maybe you could explain to me why you think that without using the same sentence mixed up?

The reason I like Wally has nothing to do with whether he's more powerful or has better powers than Barry. The Return of Barry Allen wasn't actually about Wally being more powerful than Barry -- he actually wasn't (Silver Age Barry did some ridiculous things). It was about a protege coming to terms with his mentor's death and rightfully stepping up to fill in the role.

But the way you talk about Wally makes it seem like you only care that in The Return of Barry Allen Wally beat up Thawne, proving he was the strongest speedster.

You focus entirely on his powerset. And yes, powersets are important to a superhero, but Wally's powerset is identical to Barry's. Anything Wally can do any writer can turn around and have Barry do because they literally have the same powers. The difference between them has nothing to do with who did what first. Else some Barryfag could go list the numerous new powers Barry came up with back when Wally was still Kid Flash.

Is that enough explanation for you?

Never said they weren't annoying though...
Just said they weren't the worst...

Meh, the point was to fuck with the guy, seems like it worked.

I can't really remember bats and wally crosses, do you mean specials or just in the teams comic together?

Well I'd like to apologize and maybe cool down. I think we have a bit of a miscommunication. I don't think wally is stronger, or barry is stronger. And I Def didn't mean anything involving Barry's return or ant fights. I brought up his powers earlier in a previous thread only to say that many of his fans remember him from his time as the flash, where his powers started to have more of a pseudo scientific explanation. Yes golden age barry did some fucking outstanding shit, and I mean it. But they never tried putting physics behind it. One of the things I mentioned was that with many of the things Wally did he referenced learning them from barry, to me that means even though we had never seen him do the feets specifically, he could have and I'm sure he has since his come back.
I really didn't mean to go into comparisons, I only brought it up so that I could illustrate the period many of his fans became the wally Fags they are. No offense to those who are.

and I think most of his fans remember him for his good comics with good stories rather than whatever punch he did. Most of the times his fans mock how silly some of the things he did sounds (most famously outrunning death).

The "feats" are a gag. The stories are the reason Wally's worth liking.

By the by, putting physics behind superpowers originated with Barry. He would teach science lessons explaining his and his enemies' powers. Wally and the Speed Force actually went completely away from physics, for the most part. And yes, that one time in JLA he referenced learning M=fa but that wasn't some consistent thing across stories. It was a one time Morrison jab to set up a cool scene at the start of a new JL run.

If anyone's actually a Wally fan because of the IMP then that's a pretty shallow reason.

>what we have here is a lack of communication

I'd need to check my collection but if I recall it's when he'd be sent on missions with batman. Not any stand alone team ups I can think of.
Are you saying he never had a single issue of the two teamed up? I remember reading an issue with both of them, not a stand alone team up but batman talks up wally and makes him use his powers in another way useful to the story, then says something akin to you deserve the suit

*f=ma, woops, of course I fucked that one up

I don't think so. Unless you mean immediately following Blitz when Wally lost his memory but that wasn't really a teamup or a crossover.

Like I said Batman showed up in The Flash a couple of times but it wasn't ever a crossover. Hell, Wally's Flash only ever crossed over with Wonder Woman and Impulse.

>Let's talk about Wally,
Ok, but after the last thread, this is going to annoy a few anons, because at this point, Wally is a B lister for most and it's going to be a bit tiring seeing a thread every day. Just saying.

>If you're a fan of him tell us how you were introduced to his stories.
I started reading Flash after DC Universe Rebirth.
I was familiar with the character of Flash itself because the 90's TV series, and I actually saw the first episodes of the CW series too. But I was unfamiliar with the comics themselves because, here, DC wasn't published a lot until the last years or so.
So I liked that issue and started reading current Flash, but Barry wasn't the guy who narrated the issue that I've read before, and I honestly liked Wally's voice. I dropped the current book soon after the first arc because I wasn't too invested in Barry: not hating him or something, but besides that, his stories weren't interesting enough. Parallelly, I started reading Titans (I still read that book despite not being too strong either), at first because it had Wally (and now because Roy and Donna, besides Wally, to be honest).
But it wasn't written as the guy in the Rebirth special either, so I went and start reading Vol. 2.
And honestly, I liked a lot and made me a fan of him. I wasn't even aware of him a year ago, and now I'm a fan: he reminds me of Peter Parker, who was my introduction to comics when I was little, in the middle 80's. It was fun, endearing and kind of comfy.

I don't care about power levels: it's idiotic, because every character is going to be as powerful as the writer at the moment wants him to be. I think Wally was lucky because he happened to be the titular character at the time of two creative, imaginative writers were writing his stories, and he also happened to be said character in between really well planned and made events that changed the editorial universe.

I think that's all I have to say.

I feel as though his morrison run had lots of explaining the relativism of his powers and whenever it became to unexplainable, boom speed force.
I'll have to reread his run,
I also didn't mean specifically the IMP, but comics around that timeline, it seems my ultimate point though has come across. It was that Most wally fans are fans from the comics. The original guy I was arguing with though practically all wally fans came from young justice. And I had to say othwrwise.
And if you could cite some of the comics barry explains the physics of the ability he used I'd greatly appreciate it. I genuinely thought the age of explaining anything with the speed force came with wally
.If it was reference to the team issues of jla and the like, i wouldn't really consider it a crossover exclusive to the two. But idk man,cite some stuff and I'll check it out.

I'm sure you know of his cross overs with the GL, old GL (Alan Scott) jay garrick. And I know he's had other cross overs I just don't recall any specific to batman and him.

Explaining things with the Speed Force obviously started with Wally. Explaining things with physics, ala Morrison, started with Barry. Just read any issue that also stars Kid Flash in the Silver Age and there's like an 80% chance it's Barry teaching Wally some physics or science trick that's loosely based on their powers.

I don't find anything wrong with that.
Honestly, sounds chill. It's definitely a sad thing they're tossing him around but im confident it'll get better.
Can I ask where you are that the comics hadn't been published yet?

Wally and Peter Parker are very similar in the vein that both were allowed to age and grow over time. They did a very good job of developing both characters from their teens into adulthood.

And, amusingly, they retconned both of them back into being early 20 somethings in a way that ruined the characters.

I don't think they have very similar personalities (Maybe the cocky jokes in costume but that's stretching it) but they've got very similar character arcs.

I believe the Hal, Jay, Alan crossover you're talking about is Brave and The Bold. That starred Barry.

Hal showed up in Wally's book a couple of times (End of Blitz, beginning of The Return of Barry Allen) but no crossovers. I think what we might be getting hung up on here is the term crossover.

Crossovers are when books explicitly expect you to read comics from two different runs to get the whole story of an arc. Characters just cameoing in a story temporarily aren't crossovers.

I'll give it a go man, I'd like to apologize for further instigating earlier. I had pent up rage from the other guy who made bold claims as if they were objective.

I agree with the term being vague in the sense we are all talking about. I don't know about the other guy, but I get it, and I'm sure he will after reading that. But the one I have on my mind is very specifically a wally crossover with Jay and Alan along with kyle. I have it signed by marz.

>I'll give it a go man, I'd like to apologize for further instigating earlier. I had pent up rage from the other guy who made bold claims as if they were objective.

The joke here is I'm the same guy.

Oh, they are being publishing since like 5 or 6 years ago, massively, I mean. They weren't in the 90's.

I'm from a small region of Spain, from a city where there weren't a lot of comic fans, actually. Things got a lot better when the 2000 came, but I think that volume 2 wasn't published properly and distributed across the whole country until a few years ago.

Most spaniards I know are marvelfags because these reasons.

They don't, sure, but somehow he reminded me of him. Probably because he was more... average joe, I guess.

>I agree with the term being vague in the sense we are all talking about. I don't know about the other guy, but I get it, and I'm sure he will after reading that. But the one I have on my mind is very specifically a wally crossover with Jay and Alan along with kyle. I have it signed by marz.

Flash and Green Lantern: Faster Friends, I'm guessing? That's the only time I can remember the four of them teaming up specifically (outside of JLA/JSA teamups).

Yeah, I had some confusion going on, I think I'm thinking of them as just in the same issue and not a specific crossover. I'm just going to say I liked that one time I read wally and bats interacting. But I guess idk much of his crossovers, at least as much as I thought I did.

What do you guys think of his new costume? And do you think he should Don a new name? Or would it enrage to many and most likely turn into a negative thing?

Damn, then I don't really understand the progression of our convo. It seemed as though my point was made and are views on powerlevels was non important.
If you were the guy who said practically all wally fans don't read the comics and know of him from Young Justice then you were wrong.
I'm confused man, I thought u were just the guy arguing about power levels?

Do you like having the physical copies, I mean I do, but when I find something hard to obtain I usually opt for online viewing. Have you tried or considered the same?

No I said most Wally fans started on Wally comics in the last thread.

I just disagreed with the "Well Wally did the IMP which was great" as a reason to like him over Barry.

Nowadays, sure: I read online a lot. I'm jobless and from a totally blue collar family, so I need to plan what I buy and what I don't because I don't have money to spare. But I still buy comics, and lucky me, here you can find old comics for cheap. It will not be a great edition, so to speak, but you can still read them.

I think so, I'm not at home but it's the cover where it's both GL and flash running side by side, but both images are chopped to show half kyle and Alan and half jay and wally.

I think it's okay. Better than yellow kid flash getup in my opinion. Idk about the name but I bet it would turn into a bad thing just from the pressure of the change and the fans who for sure wouldn't like it.

Oh bro then you're not the guy I was raging at, yeah you were the power level guy, but that argument was a miscommunication in my opinion.. I wasn't trying to say one was better than the others, I was giving a way point of when I thought his fans became the wally-fags they are. Give or take some time. The guy I was referring to made this claim ;

My problem with Wally fans is they are not really comic book fans, they are just Wally fans.
It's like the sports fan that doesn't watch the sports, they only watch their team.
Wally fans didn't buy books like JLA or any of the major crossover storylines.
(Also said this)
Fewer people know about Wally as The Flash than they do Barry and Jay purely because of the show and Young Justice.
Most people just think Wally's Kid Flash.

But this isn't you right,?

That's cool man, that's how I felt before I got my new job, sparingly spent on issues and read online alot. Now I get the weeklys I want and a few expensive things every paycheck.... it's an addiction.

>What do you guys think of his new costume? And do you think he should Don a new name? Or would it enrage to many and most likely turn into a negative thing?

Costume's fine but if you give him a new name you might as well stop calling him Wally West. The most important story for him, in his career, and the greatest Flash story ever is about him earning The Flash name.

It'd be like telling Barry Allen to change his name just because Jay Garrick comes back to life, you know? It makes no sense for the character and it spits on their fans.

>Fewer people know about Wally as The Flash than they do Barry and Jay purely because of the show and Young Justice.
>Most people just think Wally's Kid Flash.

This part was me. I was just stating a fact -- the show and YJ cartoon are way more popular than the comics so most casuals only think of Wally as Kid Flash. Go to any DC-tangent forum and you'll see people who are confused when you ever refer to Wally as The Flash. They think any Flash comic excerpt is Barry when 99% of the time it's Wally. Stuff like that.

Other stuff wasn't me.

>What do you guys think of his new costume?
When well drawn and colored, it's sexy as fuck, and it's a good rendition to his whole history.

>And do you think he should Don a new name? Or would it enrage to many and most likely turn into a negative thing?
Nah, let him be Flash. We can have more than one.

Oh, well you saying casuals makes it more accurate. I'd say if you were a non casual wally fan you'd be reading comics.
Other than that, you still weren't the one who posted the obviously wrong part.
We cool. We cool?

I just realized, it would be like the anger at the fuckery of changing GLS name to the sentinel. Think of how that played out with fans for my revisited answer bro.

Loved Wally, grew up with him as my flash in the cartoons. Read his comics, started with Waid and Year One. Loved every minute. Read Morrison/Millar, it was better than latter day Waid. Johns run was fun, but overrated.

I quit Flash when it became clear Johns was a lying cunt who said they wouldn't delete Wally, Jay, et al. Then he did that.

I'm not a fan of the current direction. There was some really great stories to tell about Barry being a hypocrite. Barry lectured Wally all the time about changing time and he did just that. I hate that Wally doesn't know about his kids.

I'm loving Dick, Donna, Wally, Omen, and Roy. Garth has got to get some personality.

That was Geoff Johns. He has a raging hate boner for Batman. Bruce usually treats Wally like he treats Dick, like a goofy kid. In Green Arrow, he calls him Wallace.

OP, I don't 100% trust you. If I was operating a winery and tasting room, I wouldn't' give you a regular wine glass, I would give you something like this so that my customers didn't have to drink out of the same glass as you.

The pub down at the end of the road will serve you as many beers as your heart is content or as your wallet will provide you.

Umm okay, may I ask why?
I also don't drink wine. Beer occasionally. But I average about 2 to 3 cups of whiskey and 1 to 2 cups of rum a day. I have my off days or I mix it up by turning one or two cups of rum into 4 or 5 cups of a mixed drink... but I'm an alcoholic who buys liquor in bulk so don't worry about giving me any cups.

user, I don't 100% trust you. If I was operating a brothel and tasting room, I wouldn't' give you a regular fine ass, I would give you something like this (_,_)so that my customers didn't have to eat out of the same ass as you.

The place down at the end of the road will serve you as many queers as your heart is content or as your wallet will provide you.

Woah, idk wetter to laugh or just kinda shrug it off. Wasn't even you he responded too bro.
I'll just give a small sensible chuckle at the lack of major changes to what he said...