Origin of Superman

Is he right, Sup Forums? Would Superman be much better if he was raised in the city (where there is diversity and actual PoCs) instead of the backwards racist farmlands? Should DC Comics implement this idea? Or is D.C. Too afraid to have Clark interact with other race groups?

What happened to Waid?

Hey fuck you people, my dad was born and raised in Kansas. Course he's a lib and felt like he had to get the fuck out as soon as he finished his college degree. So even he felt like Kansas was a shithole before Brownback turned into an overflowing shithole.

Ghostwriting for Millar broke him inside.

I mean, Waid WROTE a Superman origin story. Why didn't he make it back then?

How the fuck would Clark land in the middle of a city without anyone noticing?

>Unless you meet PoCs you weren't raised with values
Gonna have to change his name to Mark Fade when I'm done.

Superman isnt white, he is as related to a nigger or a chink or a kraut as he is to a dog.

The guy who originally tweeted put values in quotes. Oh boy.

The idea wasn't that he was around good ol' wholesome white folks. The idea was that he was raised on the value of hard work, close with his parents and all of the things that come with farm life.

If superman had been raised in the vicinity of average black people, he would have become racist.
His rural smallville upbringing is a fundamental reason for why he has any faith in humanity.

May be better, may be worse but it will not be clark kent/superman or at least not the one we are having right now. It will be a new character with the same name.

That's Peyer, he wrote some good comics before too.

He was always mentally ill. Pic related is from the 1980s

Obviously, Superman should be raised by mexicans.

As someone that lives there presently, it was really kind of OK for a while. Nothing's been the same since everyone shit the bed over Roe v. Wade though

Superhombre was great and I wish there'd be more stuff involving him.

I thought part of Clark's whole shtick was him being a farm boy who's a bit awkward in the big city, as a reversal of how confident/competent he comes across as Superman. It follows with his "alien" motif - him being an outsider (of a sort) makes more sense than him being a city kid from the get-go.

Jesus, and this was sobcommon for him to do that no one was shocked?

Waid is insane.

Why can't they just do what Smallville did and have him have a black friend in a small Kansas town if it's honestly that important?

He's great AND he didn't replace mainline Supes.
That's how you do it.

Too bad it sold like shit though.
>I did my part and bought the Blu Ray

this actually was a great idea especially since Superman is an illegal immigrant.

Funny thing:

He was still american, if he were raised by mexicans in mexico he would had been groomed to be a criminal and a killer.

Notice how his mexicans parents teached him that killing is fine, it was pretty realistic, mexican culture is terrible, they worship death and sell snuff stuff in the newstands

Smallville's Pete Ross didn't say more than 10 lines in the entire series.

>make Pete black and Lana Asian
>Pete just disappears early in the show, and Lana turns out to be worst character
>only likable high school friend Clark has is Chloe

Waid wrote the best Superman origin comic of all time, in which Clark is still raised in the country. I think the lesson is that Waid doesn't actually practice a lot of what he preaches. He just likes to throw ideas out there sometimes.

>Notice how his mexicans parents teached him that killing is fine, it was pretty realistic, mexican culture is terrible, they worship death and sell snuff stuff in the newstands
Okay but in this very times we're living in, what would you prefer? That or what we're having at our doorsteps right now?

Right. Try developing a sense of belief in humanity growing up in a rundown ghetto where the crime rate is always spiking past the national average.

He's opening up a Pandora's box with his insistence on changing Superman's origin. He's asking what kind of values Superman would have if he was raised in a shitty inner city. Well based on the disproportionate amount of theft, murder and rape probably bad ones.

>mexican culture is terrible, they worship death and sell snuff

Ohhh yeah, I heard they also eat babies and breath fire. And if you don't eat your vegetables a Mexican hides under your bed at night and steals all your toys.

Nobody gives a shit if a spaceship lands in the middle of a ghetto.
The cops won't come unless it destroys white people's homes.

This would be like if they made the Amazons into man-hating radfem tribal warmongers, who aren't immortal, because it's "more realistic".

Oh wait.

Millar has always been better than Waid, stay jelly though

>you don't eat your vegetables a Mexican hides under your bed at night and steals all your toys.
That mexican is called "mom" and she doesn't need to hide under your bed to do it.

>mexican culture is terrible, they worship death and sell snuff stuff in the newstands

He is right. Unless you were born in and live in a big coastal city you are a racist.

funny how native americans don't count as diversity

Yeah, where he will learn to hate niggers by interacting with the subhuman scum.

>He's asking what kind of values Superman would have if he was raised in a shitty inner city

He just said "city," dude. That could mean a fancy Manhattan-ish place, or a typical apartment, or even a suburb. You're the one who heard "city" and decided Superman has to live inside a stereotypical rap song.

Welcome back to DC, mr. Waid.

they both have written some really great stuff

>Millar: EDGE EDGE EDGE RAPE RAPE RAPE EDGE EDGE EDGE (writes one good Superman comic 20 years ago) EDGE EDGE EDGE (sits back while Morrison fixes his trainwreck first draft of Red Son) RAPE RAPE RAPE EDGE EDGE RAPE

Tryhards: He's a genius!

Why would he have to be raised in a city to meet someone not white?
There are black people in Smallville. Hell, current DC had Clark donate Kent farms to a black family who were their friends or neighbors or something.

>What is the cult of santa muerte
>what is prensa rosa

Just make a quick google about Alarma revista mexico fucking idiot

suburbs aren't cities

Better than SJWaid at least.

>Low crime rate.

>cheap housing and affordable living

>Low taxes

>but their white, and some of them are christians!

Oh noes. Truly what a hellish landscape. He should move to Baltimore or Detroit!.

He's right and wrong in a way. The reason the south is racist is exposure the whites have to blacks. People in the city live with their own kind. Harlem. China town. There are too many Jewish neighborhoods. I work in nyc and deal with many different people of different races and ethnicities. So many times have I heard black people talk about how much they hate whites. Or Asians hating blacks. Or just anyone hating on muslims. Racism is pretty normal.

Because he would have been fired. He had to get that shit passed editorial.

That's Oklahoma, south of Kansas. Good bet that Clark would have family from there. And that they'd be either Indians or Mexicans.

Still, Superman is the only Superhero not from a major city.

Probably in some water and get floated in the river for a while until some white fishermen find him.

>thinks he'll get back onto Superman

Well that would be a cluster fuck.

Lana was always going to be the worst character in a CW drama.

That's not the fault of Kansas that's the fault of the writers.

>mexicans in 1930s oklahoma

If we're talking about beaneroo farm laborers they're all across the country now. Though not for long.

Wow, is he saying that black people are too retarded to be farmers? SO RACIST!

Sigh, alright. Mark Millar's major body of work at Marvel and Windstorm was....edge. His DC work was all light hearted. He's got an affection for the characters. Like Ennis and Superman.

Look up his stuff, pre 2001 his stuff was great.

....Starlight, Superior, Jupiter's Legacy/Circle, Red Son, better Authority than Ellis, Ultimates/2 > Kingdom "edgy" Come, worst Fantastic Four, Strange Fruit, Champions, Speedforce Wank and Batgod/worstJLA

Divorce

What exactly happened to make Mark Waid such a shitty writer now?

Why does knowing people who are not white growing up be important. There are states that are 90 plus percent white. Who is this asshole to say they're lifestyle isn't better. They have a smaller eco foot print, commit fewer crimes, and more or less stay to themselves.

he joined the SJW

More like in West Oklahoma/panhandle. And yeah, they've been there for years.

So they live like animals, basically.

>South is racist....

Bitch, we've got a shit ton of dark politicians. We just don't like Yankees, gay people, and atheists.

Wasn't their Neighbor a Black farmer and after Pa passed they sold him some of the land?

Let him grow up as a lower class kid living close enough to the ghetto to hear the gunshots at night and he will be three times more racist than any neck beard with a truck and a Confederate flag

>waid
>batgod

Are you retarded? Waid NEVER didn a single batgod story. Waid had prep-time batman, not batgod, fucking casual

Animals don't grow food, cultivate land. But hey, better to be an animal then whatever people in Ferguson are.

Clark Kent is a litteral alien, he is the smallest minority on earth, he grew up around people of a different species than him.

Growing up around non-whites isn't going to do shit

He'd become SuperBatman in that he'd be a vigilante.

That makes no sense, if anyone in Mexico got the hability to fly he would be gone forever faster than you can say empobrished nation

>minorities dont exist in rural areas

Im from a rural town, what a crock of shit.

SuperCop. He'd wreck those blocs after some kid gets nailed by some bangers stray shot.

I'd read a SuperCop book.

Climate change can't do it's work quick enough.

I'm just gonna skip all the racist horseshit ITT

Superman being raised in relative isolation is important because a large part of Superman's stories are his morals and sensibilities being challenged by the new ideas and possibly morally grey situations that the big city and world at large present.

It's also one of the biggest distinguishing features of Clark Kent: he's a fish-out-of-water country boy.

And that keeps him from being a jaded cynic like his friend Batman.

>because burgers don't have autistic death cults

>a jaded cynic like his friend Batman.
Please come back, Silver Age Batman! I don't want to deal with this edgelord anymore!

I'll choose to believe this is bait and there aren't actually Anons this retarded.

>Low development
>Shit infrastructure
>Government is hemorrhaging money
>Legislature / governor can't function together
>costanza.jpeg

Basically this.

Superman is a gud boy raised on strong muh Christian values with an invincible powerset to match, being put in situations where that simpleminded view of things often clashes with the complex reality of things.

That's why Clark Kent is born in Kansas, but Superman is born in Metropolis (aka Chicago). I can't imagine being so autistic that you'd miss this fundamental piece of superman's character.

A better exchange would be having him grow up with a rural Mexican family, or impovrished Russian farmers, or a black family living in a rural or pseudo-rural area. Throwing Clark Kent into the city day 1 is really dumb.

I'm more offended that he was not raised in Atlantis, I mean statistically his spacecrib crashing in the ocean is more likely than crashing in Kansas:

Also if the space crib falls near densly populated area:
1. thousands will see it.
2. think of all the damages
3. the army is more likely to be the first to find the baby

There is a reason why he was "raised" in a big area of nothing.

Wasn't this in Speeding Bullets?

Changing the origin story and the costume does not change the fact that he’s basically a shiny happy face on white supremacy. If he were really from a morally advanced civilization, he’d be a villain in our society. There’s no way a morally advanced being looks at the prison industrial complex and doesn’t tear it down. That’s not what Superman does because Superman now exists to give white 18-35 year old males a warm fuzzy feeling about wielding the enormous social power that they do, so that they can see themselves as super men, infallible in their morality. “The American Way” is white supremacy and imperialism.

Idiot. We already saw what happens if he's not raised in the countryside and falls in the city.
Government picks him up and he gets locked.
We saw it in Flashpoint.

Superman falling in the city is literally a bad end for the character.

Seeing as his rural american origin is a vital part of the americana behind his character at a conceptual level, i'd say probably not.

>Bullet proof kid in the hood

Black people would not appreciate Superman being made into White Luke Cage. Especially because he's even more bulletproof and can jump higher. And probably has a bigger dick.

There's plenty of black people in the south though, the hell is wrong with Waid? Is this really the same guy who used to write The Flash? I think someone killed and replaced him.

>what are maps?

That's the midwest user.

>in the south
>Kansas

Fine my bad, in the country as opposed to the city.

Would Clark vote for Trump?

>> Mark Ward
>> current year

No.

He better not, since he's a fucking illegal and shouldn't be voting in the first place.

Started writing for Marvel.

This shitty years old bait again, at least use something recent

I don't think he would. He's a journalist at the Metropolis equivalent to the "failing New York Times."

But Jonathan Kent is wearing the MAGA hat and screaming in "Kent Family, Smallville, KS" facebook posts made from the local library. Martha is a good farmwife so she votes with her husband.

>Or is D.C. Too afraid to have Clark interact with other race groups?
Lol. Best alternate Superman was raised by migrant workers in agricultural communities. Personally I think revisiting that concept might be the best of both worlds.

>fastest growing states in the country are in the South
>Fastest growing economies, the South
>Flint Michigan has shit infrastructure, this is Amurica
>Okay, Brownbacks a cunt. Congrats

I wouldn't mind a Southern fried Superman.

No, but he should be a born again Republican. Just because I think Waid would have a twitter storm shit like you wouldn't believe.