Disney has ABC News make an editorial on how fans should calm down about HydraCap

It even states that Cap will be back to normal again at the end of the storyline. I guess the non-buying outrage over it has really gotten out of control.

abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/marvel-captain-americas-turn-hydra-hear-concerns/story?id=47136145

Other urls found in this thread:

comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2016.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Americans are so whiney.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

shaking and crying rn

B-b-but outraged fans sell comics! They should keep him hydra forever if it makes people mad!

>I guess the non-buying outrage over it

That's exactly Marvel's problem. No one is buying their comics and they're panicking.

It's funny cause the guy who said that they're selling comics when the fans are angry is the one editing this whole storyline.

>people that don't even read the actual fucking comics
>got shared the screengrab of Cap saying this and instantly blew up because they watched some movies with Captain America in it
>libnazis themselves get angry of a drawing referring to a nazi analogue

>read our shitty story for two years before hating it
yeah, ok marvel.

>"D-don't worry, guys, Cap is gonna defeat Hydra in the end. Pl-please buy Secret Empire."

>Marvel: Outrage means sales! We'll be rich! Make them more angry! Give Nazi Cap his own event! Make him worthy of Mjolnir! Sky's the limit because outrage equals money!

>*Marvel sales go down the toilet*

>Marvel: PLEASE DON'T BE OUTRAGED, FOLKS, THAT WAS NEVER OUR INTENTION

>Nick SPENCER
>Richard SPENCER

Will this be the end of marvel's outrage tactics?

Will pic related never be relevant ever again?

>people are still clinging to the "the haters don't even read comics!" excuse

Marvel's sales began to tank right around when the Nazi Cap outrage hit its peak, but sure, keep telling yourself that's just a coincidence.

Beautiful, simply beautiful.

How badly will Marvel throw Nick Spencer under the bus if the Batman/Flash crossover [spoilers]and just for fun a regular Superman issue [/spoilers] once again beat out Secret Empire tomorrow as expected ? Will we finally have Alonzo, Quesada or Brevoort fired?

I don't even know what people are mad over, this story is literally a red kryptonite/mxy type deal. Cap is a hydra dude because of a mystical object/5d imp. Not hecause he actually turned coat or whatever.

Hey Nick, glad to see you're so famous:

Marvel sales tanked with diversty not events or outrage which works for decades.

The casuals don't want diversity. Nor do old fans.

Wait people thought HydraCap was going to be stay a thing? Is this like there first comic book or something?

This storyline is so bad that issue #1 isn't even out and Marvel is already telling people how it ends, and that it doesn't matter.

Secret Empire will go down as one of the most pathetic moments in comic book history. Ten years from now people will be defending shitty comics by saying "Well, at least it's not Secret Empire bad!"

On the plus side, at least the guys who wrote the Clone Saga must be happy to no longer be the creators of the most hated Marvel event ever.

Hilarious desu

Remember: this is the house that published OMD.

>Will we finally have Alonzo, Quesada or Brevoort fired?

Nah.

Nick Spencer is never writing a major title ever again, though.

That depends. They boosted the sales on #0 by including it in the Funko box last month. So orders on #0 and possibly even #1 might be skewed and if they rank higher on Comichron, then Marvel could point to that as a victory.

Spencer will be just fine

He and Ewing are the guys marvel is trying to push since Hickman, Remender, Fraction, KSD, and soon Lemire are gone

Civil War 2 was worse quality wise.

Secret Empire came out at the worst timing possible.

>Is this like there first comic book or something?
Guess.

Except, you know, Marvel's been doing the diversity thing for three years before sales dropped.

Ms. Marvel was in 2013. It was a sales hit.

Jane as Thor was in 2014. It was also a sales hit.

Sam as Cap was later in 2014. This, too, was a sales hit. And all those books stayed popular throughout 2015.

When sales dropped, they went down across the line. If your precious diversity boogeyman were to blame, only the diverse books would have suffered. And it would have happened years ago.

Keep up that damage control, Spencer sure does need it.

>people getting this mad over comics they don't read

For what purpose

>spoils the story to appease casuals who wouldn't buy it anyway
Funny.

>Is this like there first comic book or something?
That implies they broke their trend of not reading comics with this one.

So what IS the deal with Cap joining Hydra

I don't think it's diversity, the problem is it was all too close together. If it wasn't Miles, Thor, Ironheart, Cap, and on and on and on all at the same time, it wouldn't be a big deal. It's just too much change at the same time.

I mean, yeah, there's definitely an element of racism, but I think it's mostly change overload.

>Will we finally have Alonzo, Quesada or Brevoort fired?

Quesada doesn't really oversee the comics anymore as far as I know. He's usually overseeing TV and animation with Jeph Loeb, IIRC.

Alonso and Brevoort, depends on how well or how badly this does. I'd be more concerned in Brevoort's case because not only was his name in the editor credits for both Civil War II and Spencer's HydraCap/Secret Empire, he's also the one who said that "when the fans are angry, [they're] selling comics" in

Cosmic Cube stuff.

Don't forget, Black Panther got an ongoing last year, and issue #1 was the third best selling Marvel issue of the year. Not bad for a company being "killed by diversity."

But it's not a bad story. That's the frustrating part. People are pissed because Cap isn't being portrayed the way they think he should be. The story behind that is good, but that's not what's going to be remembered about the event.

the weirdest part of this is that sites that employ actual comic readers agree that this is a good move for cap (IGN,CBR have published articles for Hydra Cap, Polygon and other shit have rejected it constantly)

>issue #1
>selling well
YOU DON'T SAY?

>people getting this mad over comics they don't read

Well, that's inevitable since no one else is reading Marvel these days either.

Red Skull kidnapped a sentient cosmic cube and told her that Hydra was super cool so she turned Cap into a Hydra agent.

How are they going to scrub off Captain America becoming King Hitler

Is there anyone in the comic industry today sadder than Nick Spencer?

>Black Panther got an ongoing last year, and issue #1 was the third best selling Marvel issue of the year
Now look at the #2 sales drop.

It was funny until this point...
>Marvel blames DC for Marvel's sales dropping
HOLY SHIT!

Black Panther is a legacy character, though. When people say "the problem is diversity" they don't mean "boo darkies." They mean "stop replacing loved character with gender/race swapped versions."

So they can feel good about being on the "right" side without actually having to do anything.

>DC Universe: Rebirth? That was the trial run. Marvel wins.
It's hilarious EVERY. FUCKING. TIME.

Probably reboot the universe again. Or trade him for a proper cap from another universe.

Cosmic cube shenanigans are going to erase this whole event so only Cap will remember it.

The way these properties are handled seems so manufactured, like they're new processors or phones or something.

What's especially amusing is that Marvel has no one to blame for this but themselves. Casuals wouldn't be whining about comics they don't read if it weren't for the MCU.

I've been to Daydreams Comics. kinda shit. Geek City was nicer, only problem is its off campus

Of note, shouldn't hydra have become super cool if reality was altered to match what the cube was told?

Marvel put out over two dozen #1's last year and Black Panther beat all but two of them.

Slott, Uncle Fester

That sounds pretty funny, I don't see the problem.

>outraged fans
There's the problem. The people that are outraged aren't fans. Or, at the very least, they aren't comic fans. They're almost exclusively MCUfags, tumblrites, and the like.

The #2 sales drop was big, but still smaller than most Marvel #2's. It still came out ahead in the long run. Keep shilling for Spencer, user.

Red Skull didn't want the world handed to him, though. His primary motivation was having Steve as his bitch.

Because they're just ip farms so Wb and disney can keep shit and have ideas for movies and tv shows.

It became very obvious around 2011 with marvel starting to shove their synergy everywhere, and new 52 which was a pretty corporate run reboot in hindsight, what with the executive positions changing just a year prior

And the problem with that is that Marvel intentionally and unintentionally tried to diminish the fans who actually read their comics in order to chase new audiences.

And then this thing happens, pissing off the potential new audiences they were chasing after, and now only maybe a fraction of non-shills are willing to defend them.

All those sales declined eventually of the fad. It's the full on diversity with the gays and feminists rants that made people quit. Vast majority of fans boycotted the changes as well.

You cannot complain and decree you dropped jane thor yet say you stuck around.
Outrage is nothing new either. There was lots of senpaitachi letter back when Gwen died. Even death threats.

I honestly think senpaitachi today don't really read the books and demamd a safe mcu style universe. Or are getting 1960s DC tone mixed up with Marvel.

Anyone who complains about Nazi cap most have not read the bajillion times it happemed in books.

Proof or poof.

Truth.

>bajillion times

See now I know you're fake

The proof is where it's been for a while now, newfag.

On comichron.

comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2016.html

>Please buy our book. It has a happy ending and things will turn back to how it was before! We promise! Please buy it.

Being a little bitch is my constitutional right.

Read the comics. Stop watching cartoon versions or spidey crappy super stories.

That reminds me, I finally realized the artist on that Big Trouble in Little China/Escape From New York crossover is the guy who drew that Batman fancomic where someone wrote Batman and Joker dying to a Bill Hicks quote and that Superman fancomic where Old Superman destroys the Earth.

Ok girly boy.

>two comics
>bajillion times, guys!

Another flaw with the American comic model. Two years worth of content here is pathetically small compared to two years of a manga series.

Also synergy. If they didn't try and make the comics a 1:1 match with the MCU casuals wouldn't have taken notice

That's what happens when you seek the attention of people who never read comics. Part of me wants to feel bad out of pure empathy but this is the equivalent of someone willingly throwing themselves to the lion while giving you the finger if you try to stop them.

>How could you do dis to your lovink fuehrer??

So, explain why Marvel doesn't sell.

You motherfucker, it's because the diversity came paired with shitty stories. Comic readers really aren't going to care much about minority characters being pushed if their comics are entertaining. But when you've got Miles who had nothing to him besides "black Spiderman," Riri who has all the depth of a piece of paper, Nadia whose entire book is GIRLS IN STEM GRRL POWER, and Sam Wilson who, when he isn't recapping the previous issues, is shown to be impotent and useless, people start to realize that maybe these minority characters weren't made because people have stories to tell with them, but just so Marvel can look hip with the kids and their groovy progressivism.

I wish these articles just explained what altering reality is to the idiots online as if they were toddlers.

That's not Steve Rogers, but an unnamed goon masquerading as as him.

While here, Steve was brainwashed and released in the span of an issue.

Stop being a faggot ant copy pasting stuff you find on the internet, faggot.

Because their comics are garbage and they're too reliant on crossovers and events

Doesn't matter. Only retards are crying about Nazi Cap.

Why should I put out and educate cartoon casuals like you? Ones who were babied with softer universes.

Also they're too expensive

4.99 #1s and $10 issues with a bunch of shitty side stories were the worst ideas they've had among the mistakes they've been making

Tl dr. Long angry rants.

One of Caps early freinds is a "faggot". Another casual trying to deflect that steve is once again brainwashed by the cube again. Only in decompression. But your short attention span is your fault.

Fuck off namefag

Because you're a casual pretending to be an expert.

>One of Caps early freinds is a "faggot".
Then that shouldn't offended you, faggot.

>You're only mad because you're ignorant
>Why should I correct your ignorant misconceptions?
>Wow fucking casuals getting mad because they're ignorant pisses me off
I'm not the person you're conversing with, but I thought I should point out your thought process to you, since you seem to be unaware of his self-defeating it is.

>Tl dr. Long angry rants
Not an argument

I'm surprised Marvel is even letting this get the full 10 issues Jesus really 10 issues instead of cutting it and tie-ins down. You could just make filler stories to help bridge things to Legacy at this point. This is going to do nothing but poison that relaunch and it's not like Marvel's done much to give Legacy a positive outlook.

Jesus, the shilling is real

They claim it's going to be their last big event for 18 months so they probably want to milk it for all it's worth and hopefully it's not worth much

>This is going to do nothing but poison that relaunch

Good, because Legacy is Rebirth without the sincerity and reeks of apathy.

>Hey we're bringing everybody back, but all the minority characters are still there
>What's a mutant? Have more Inhumans instead!

Brevoort is safe because he's the last old school guy left at Marvel and if he goes there's literally no one left who can keep track of the characters.

He's to Marvel what Al Jean is to the Simpsons.

Alonso clearly has no real interest in super heroes, but it's harder to get fired than it used to be. Bob Harras has lasted longer as DC editor in chief than at Marvel even though his failures at DC have been even more obvious.

But angry fans sell more books a hur durr derp.

>What's a mutant?
They have like ten fucking books