The Best of Wonder Woman

The Legend of Wonder Woman (Renae De Liz)

youtube.com/watch?v=ivHRsrcsgy0

Not caught up to the thread? No worries! Each of these stories, with a few exceptions, is relatively self-contained. Though obviously the more you've read, the more you'll like it.
You can start with any writer you want.

Gods and Mortals (George Perez)
desuarchive.org/co/thread/91303244/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/91309099/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/91350699/

Losses (Bill Messner-Loebs)
desuarchive.org/co/thread/91378988/

The Contest (Bill Messner-Loebs)
desuarchive.org/co/thread/91465631/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/91474261/

Paradise Lost (Phil Jimenez)
desuarchive.org/co/thread/91513614/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/91567315/

JLA: A League of One and The Golden Perfect (Christopher Moeller, Joe Kelly)
The Hiketeia (Greg Rucka)
Eye of the Gorgon (Greg Rucka)
Marathon (Greg Rucka)
The Circle (Gail Simone)
Ends of the Earth (Gail Simone)
Rise of the Olympian (Gail Simone)
Extras:
The Contest (pre-Crisis)
desuarchive.org/co/thread/91415540/

Manhunter: Unleashed
Artemis: Requiem

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/sh/rwqrasp45cfsxu9/AACi5mhCeheYFvp-L9juE0t5a?dl=0
comicsbeat.com/renae-deliz-ray-dillon-and-the-eternal-war-of-creators-and-publishers/
youtu.be/5lGoQhFb4NM?t=147
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

dropbox.com/sh/rwqrasp45cfsxu9/AACi5mhCeheYFvp-L9juE0t5a?dl=0

Shame the husband fucked up and they had some commissions and books they had to fulfill

Aw yeah, you followed my suggestion.

If anyone's not aware of what this user means, here's the best summary of the events I've read:
comicsbeat.com/renae-deliz-ray-dillon-and-the-eternal-war-of-creators-and-publishers/

It was a good idea

I get kind of a storybook vibe from this in the same way as The True Amazon

Hey Tex.

Legend, eh? I just realized how weird it is that publishers can basically make their own official webcomics now. That is essentially what this is, and I don't know how to feel about that.

B-but the Amazons weren't immortal until AFTER the raping!

There's a lot of advantages to the system. Webcomics are easy to keep up with because they come out every week or even multiple times a week.

Eh, Golden Age Lyta was. Sorta. Silver Age certainly.

And IIRC this entire thing draws heavily from Golden Age Wondie

I would've loved vol 2 desu

And they had ideas for other heroes

>Menalippe is one of the original leaders
I find this fairly amusing, since if you'll recall, Menalippe is a bit of a dope. She can see the future, but not the fact her gods are a bunch of toxic assholes.

Thank you, user. I truly believe this is the best Wonder Woman book since a while, and no doubt the best "Year One" Wondy story ever.

It's far from perfect, but it's much better than everything else, Morrison's Earth One and Rucka's Year Zero included

Here's something not in post-Crisis

Speaking of web comics. ZUDA 9 of 12
DC entered the world of webcomics with 2007's Zuda Comics, which not only saw the publisher offer all-new webcomics, but also invite submissions from new creators to join the site. Zuda lasted until 2010, when DC began to release titles digitally through comiXology and shuttered the imprint to focus on digital releases instead of webcomics.
Signature Book: Jeremy Love's award-winning Bayou, a magical realist take on the myths and horrors of the American South in the 1930s.

Lasting Legacy:Bayou along with another series, High Moon, continued as digital releases for some time after the closing of Zuda, and print collections of both series remain available.

Vol 2 was going to follow the Batman 66'/Wonder Woman 77's cross-over where WW would meet an little Bruce and basically be his mommy through the ages. I think she'd also meet little Clark.

Yeah IIRC she was the third Amazon to emerge from the lake. She's more of their religious/spiritual leader.

Jill Thompson got a few Eisner noms today:

>Best Graphic Album—New
>Wonder Woman: The True Amazon by Jill Thompson (DC Comics)

>Best Painter/Multimedia Artist (interior art)
>Jill Thompson, Wonder Woman: The True Amazon (DC); Beasts of Burden: What the
Cat Dragged In (Dark Horse)

>and basically be his mommy through the ages
wew

She definitely deserves the nom for Painter. True Amazon is gorgeous.

CMX 2 of 12
DC's attempt to get into the manga market, CMX lasted six years despite initial controversy when it was revealed that material such as Tenjho Tenge was being edited so that it would be able to marketed to a wider audience.
Signature Book: Likely Tenjho Tenge, if only for the amount of attention its editing received. Alternately, Fred Gallagher's Megatokyo, a webcomic that CMX collected in print editions.

Lasting Legacy: Sadly, none of the CMX titles remain in print at DC Comics, although Viz picked up Tenjho Tenge (uncensored) and Kodanasha has Megatokyo now.

See I like that
That's cute

I remember there was tiny Alfred in this so it would've been cute to see him again with tiny Bruce

N-not like that! The writer said they'd just meet each other throughout the ages in different parts in the world and that she would be a good influence on him. She'd also help Clark not feel so different and inspire him.

FOCUS 5 of 12
One of DC's irregular attempts to provide alternatives to the traditional superhero, Focus or DC Focus, as it was alternatively called, offered stories of people with super powers that didn't involve costumes or even fighting crime. That clearly wasn't something that the readers of 2004 wanted, though. Despite four strong titles, the imprint was dead by mid-2005.
Signature Book: Steve Gerber, Mary Skenes and Brian Hurtt's Hard Time, about a teen in jail as his psychic powers emerge, managed to survive the imprint and get a second series as a "DC Comics"-branded title, as well as a recent collected edition.

Lasting Legacy:Hard Time's continued status under the DC brand.

I remember CMX, I even read some of Tenjo Tenge.

Unfortunately it didn't seem to have much going for it outside tits and violence.

So cute! Almost makes you forget that they're the reincarnated spirits of women who were brutally murdered

>Troia
Is she... Asian?

Also not totally sure about how this works. So the original Amazons are immortal, but their babies are mortal?

I makes one wonder if webcomics will eventually lose their indie flare. If publishers, who have access to resources and staff, attempt to capitalize on them, there's no telling how it will change things in a currently purely creator driven medium.

And keep in mind that several creators have managed to make a solid living for themselves, so it's not like there isn't money in it. And said creators don't have the power of pop culture branding to work with.

>WW meet all the JL members when they're kids and keep in touch with them basically being their surrogate mom
>JL is formed once they're all adults and all the JL men refer to WW as some sort of mother

Webcomics seem kind of like modern indie music, where you need it to be free for people to try it, and then you depend on people liking it enough to purchase the CD or the book.

>canon JL8

No idea what made DC digital first a success maybe the price 99 cent.

Yes

Also it had their major brands on it, Legends of the Dark Knight, Adventures of Superman, Batman Beyond and Justice League Beyond, and Batman '66.

Oh, and of course INJUSTICE probably being the far and away biggest one.

If I remember right Atomic Robo is now a webcomic.
And it still releases floppies so they're just doubling down on their income.

How can Diana simultaneously be my sisterfu, motherfu and daughterfu?

The smug, oddly self-depricating one is my daughteru.

Themyscira Academy when?

*tips tiara*

Smallville season 11 ran for almost 130 issues.

This art is great, especially for a weekly

Did that end or is it still going?

>Themyscira has become blackened
Whoa, hella racist

>kangas
Hell yes

Well that's gonna cast these next few pages in a different light

Yes. BQM decide to ended it himself.

I mean it was basically just slightly different regular DCU at this point right? Tights and flights were back.

daily reminder "Troia" in Italian means "Troy" but also "Bitch"(as insult, not female dog- especially because it literally means "sow")

I'm Italian and still didn't know that

>Also not totally sure about how this works. So the original Amazons are immortal, but their babies are mortal?
The leadership of the original amazons is immortal and baby-less.
They had not-immortal fellow amazons, they got children who got children who got children, etc.

Don't forget "Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman," source of that always reposted mansplaining image

Unfortunate because Sensation Comics had some good stuff in it.

>>I makes one wonder if webcomics will eventually lose their indie flare. If publishers, who have access to resources and staff, attempt to capitalize on them, there's no telling how it will change things in a currently purely creator driven medium.
Japan already does it.

>hella
Well, shit, now you got me thinking if Chloe from Life is Strange would be a Wonder Woman fan.

Not too surprising. Again, major publishers have actual resources, so they don't necessarily face the same issues as an independent creator would on a weekly basis.

We Breath of the Wild now

Wow, I really like this angle. Very Silver Age.

Pretty much. Diana, bruce babs.

In post-Crisis, Diana has the ability to go into a trance and experience a dreamlike land where all the mythological gods and creatures live. This seems like Themyscira straight-up just IS that land.

I actually really like that.

>What's wrong, why are you afraid of that blinding dark gas that's rushing towards us?

This is that thing from the Chrono Trigger carnival

>Sup Forums goes APESHIT over "mansplaining"
>shrugs off "sidekicks" as a playful joke
I really hate how absurdly hypocritical this fucking board is.

oh look, now their white-washing Pegasus

Look out! It's Abridged Popo!

Diana plays Dark Souls VR

First they blackwashed him, now he's whitewashed. They just want to offend everybody.

There's that one line from the movie trailer Sup Forums was analpained over

Shame, I feel like with better art this would have been truly spectacular-looking. I mean, the art isn't bad, but it's more cutesy than actually great.

Little Diana is just so darn cute. CUTE!

Spoilers: I already know that Aclippe is actually Phillipus

Diana, it's turning into smoke so that they don't have to take up system memory to keep its regadoll'd corpse on screen.

Got just a wee tiny bit of the bratty Diana from True Amazon

What line? I haven't watched any of the trailers, cause I'd rather reduce the risk of vomiting.

I don't wanna watch the trailers either, but I think like the first theatrical one had Diana say something about secretaries or something that people were getting mad about. Let me see real quick

>I'm Italian and still didn't know that
intendi "Troia->femmina adulta di maiale", spero

>Ground Zero - 24
>Year 5 - 40
>Year 4 - 24
>Year 3 - 24
>Year 2 - 24
>Year 1 - 36
>172

So Injustice is first with 172, then Smallville at almost 130

Bombshells is probably 3rd since it's going to hit 100

Here it is: