Revitalize him

Marvel comes to you and says "holy shit user, Iron Man is like, garbage now. As soon as RDJ leaves, the character is as good as gone! What can we do?! Help us!"

WYD?

He is ok.

But civil war 3. Just to troll fans.

Come on user, don't do this to us. We've gone through enough shit.

I gotta say though Sup Forums seems more interested in shitposting about cartoons and posting lewd pics rather than talking about comics...

B U M P

>look down
>whisper "No"

Iron Man was always shit.

Retcon everything that has happened from him not being a Stark, making green cars and other hippy shit, and replacing himself with PC Shaniqua bullshit. Keep Arno for future Iron Man use.

Or just kill of Tony permanently and replace him with Arno.

let the character revert back to being B-list. Make Spider-Man and the X-Men great again instead.

Sup Forums talks about comics sometimes but no one actually cares about Iron Man

My advice would be to accept that people don't really give much of a shit about Iron Man.

Damn user, how can one post be full of so much faggotry?

To be fair... when everybody was a Solid B-Lister, the majority of the books were better.

I know but... at this point this is just a board for shitposting about the same shit, just with pretty pictures.

They should just have Carol and Steve shit on him for ten years

turn him into a young black girl

Some techno-god invades and fucks up all of earth's tech with magic, requiring all the tech-people to start over from scratch in designing things from the bottom up because magic stops them from programming in Javascript or some shit. This causes Marvel's tech to become a whole lot less sci-fi-y, because it's really hard to design a flying fortress when you don't have a hundred years of technology to improve upon.

All of this is just to make sure that Tony Stark now can't make his spandex-tin supersuit with magic repulsors because the technology it was built upon no longer works, and instead he has a rudimentary bulky suit that requires an entire team to launch and which runs out of fuel in hours, like in the Ultimate universe. Because that was the best change that came out of the Ultimate universe, fuck those assholes who got rid of it around Ultimatum.

Also I guess Tony will have a personality crisis as so much of his life is bound to the level of technology. He'll feel like a caveman and try to fight the techno-god, but in the end have to concede his defeat.

>Damn user, how can one post be full of so much faggotry?

I feel this is bait, but I'll bite.

Take it from someone who actually collected and read Iron Man. The series has never been good.

As for the topic of letting him die. Heroes need to die and not deaged forever. Tony was in the Vietnam war for god sake, he got rebooted twice or more, because of that Arno doesn't even make sense existing as is. Kill of heroes and replace them with characters who make sense. Not PC garbage that is only being used to instantly grant a person street credit without having to actually make a creative new character. Even Falcon becoming Cap works well.

The direction of Iron Man has treaded down the wrong path for a long time when it comes to his political stance. You can't have a character based on Howard Hughes to change so radically because of each writer wanting to put their own spin on the character. If you wish to do that, you should make an off world version and write a closed end story of them. But then again that makes sense.

You want to make a good Iron Man with Tony? Reboot him to the core.

If you want to make the character go in a whole new direction kill him off and work with Arno who has little to no history other than 2020 and make a whole new character.

>Take it from someone who actually collected and read Iron Man. The series has never been good.

Bait or casual who only started reading in the 00's? You decide!

You have not contridicted any of my arguments, but how about this, other than Extremis and Demon and a Bottle (which isn't that great to begin with) what are some defacto memorable Iron Man arcs?

You know how Tony turned out to be Imortus' spy? And how Tony got replaced a younger version of himself?

Well OG Tony is back. Sorta died, but Imortus or Kang snatched him from death. Escaped during Secret War. Basically just an older Stark living under a false name running a network of companies researching prosethetics, facial reconstruction, and all that jazz. Is also doing powerless exoskeletons and stuff to protect soldiers. Still has his guilt complex and really hates NuTony, but quite forgiving to the Avengers and curious about RiRi. Also multiverse shenanigans are why Iron Man is adopted in current continuity. Reality doesn't like how their are 2 Tony's.

Has an antagonistic role to RiRi, but it's mostly him trying to kill Stark and trying to be a mentor to her and try not to have her be a child soldier. Have him comment on his dislike of how Tony handled Civil War, realize that certain individuals are being played by higher powers, and have him hate Reality warpers.

Cool idea user, very cool.

If I could write the Marvel U. It'd be different. Current Thor would be Ragnorok who would have been raised by Odin in grief after Thor actually died during Fear Itself and resides in Mjolnir. Because Thor is Ragnorok, Odin had to fuck with Mjolnir and because of the JMS run Thor's spirit partially resides in Mjolnir, Mjolnir/ Thor is kinda pissed and allows Jane to pick him up out of nostalgia. Aaron's run has been shit over all, but he at least had nice art in the Godbutcher arc.

Pymtron would be mucking around the Multiverse. He's Ultron than Pym. Pym is more like a conscience. He'd run into the Ultinates.

Doom would be in the Spirtual Nexus of the Multiverse. He paid a price after Secret War. Bendis Doom is just an alternate or Doombot that acts in his absence. Expand on how Strange didn't have all his soul and maybe that Strange and Cela have been going after the Many Angled Ones and how Secret Wars wasn't anything to them. Strange during Illminati was a Golem with a fraction of Strange's soul.

Damn good stuff user.

>WYD?

it's pretty simple

return him to his roots as a personally likable but unapologetic, and often publicly hated, right-leaning defense magnate

use secret empire to foster tony's distrust of the reigning power structures. he can't trust Carol. He can't trust Steve. Bruce is dead. Thor is lost. shield is broken. the government is corrupt, when it's not inept. who can you trust?

but remember Stark's ego. who can he trust?
Stark's answer is obvious: me. I can trust ME. elevate his individualism. refocus his 'go-it-alone' attitude.

i'm talking about unilateral, unsanctioned first-strikes on hydra. repulsor bombs in sokovia. wanting rick jones in prison for intelligence leaks. i'm talking about unwavering aid and support for the men and women of the armed forces

tony stark needs to be a pragmatic individualist and set himself apart from the rest of marvel to become interesting again, because 'smug techno-hippie' isn't cutting it. it's boring.

stop trying to making him into Steve Jobs and let him be Howard Hughes as he was made to be

This guy gets it.

Underrated

Make it industrial James Bond.
Let him fight tanks, megabots and evil companies.
Maybe Robocop meets espionage.

This. Tony's origin being the result of him reaping what he sowed is the only thing I like about him. Continue that, Stark's foes should be ones he created indirectly through his morally grey action.

>now

>Armor Wars
>The Crossing

1) Tony Stark buys an offshore oil rig and coverts it into a new Stark Tower. Over the course of the story it expands and brings in new emploees until Stark realizes he just unintentionally founded an independent city-state in international waters. He falls in love with the place and is prepared to fuck up anyone who messes with it.
2) revamp his rogues gallery. thin out the chafe, gather up the ones who actually have gimmicks beyond just 'my armor can do everyone yours can, but has my nations flag on its ass'. Ghost is an obvious in. Anyone else like Ghost also gets in, and if I can't find enough I'll just make some up. They'll attack him one after the other, then tea up, then the true big bag who master minded the big bad will be fought in a big gay finale. Its formulaic, but it works. We can worry about being more avant garde once we've got the fundamentals reestablished.
3) Tony is an industrialist. Tony is a futurist. Tony is a transhumanist. Rather than just throw those words around, properly integrate them into both the text-a written and the themes, how those traits influence people's perception of Tony. When was the last time a comic showed someone who had benefited from something Tony had invented and was grateful? A blueprint scribbled on a napkin and sent to the AI-controlled factory is a idle distraction for Tony, but when it hits the market that can mean the difference between an early retirement and being able to keep putting bread on the table for someone crippled in an industrial accident. The number of cyborgs in the world has surely risen dramatically thanks to Stark Industries. That's worth exploring.
4) get rid of Bendis. get him off the fucking book, get him off any book that has Tony in it. Find someone much more well versed in both scifi and hard science to take over
5) and this is more of a reminder. Tony is not just arrogant. He is audacious. he backs up his absurd boasts with absurd actions that accomplish what he said he would

son/daughter of old unpopular iron man villain fights iron man and is cooler and stronger than old unpopular iron man villain and new character is forgotten for the eighth time

LET TONY BE A DJ

Jesus christ, Fear Itself was so fucking bad.

This

Pull out my gun and murder Ike Pearlmutter right there and then, and then hunt down Bendis and murder him.

And then refuse the job for whoever's left in charge, since there's no possible way I could improve upon Marvel any more after doing those two things.

Don't mind if i drop this here.

Universal reboot.
Tony/Rhodey Road Trip.

Tony comes out of his coma and much to Riri's dismay, is not the same person as the Tony AI she's been dealing with. He's fairly unimpressed with her and is kinda upset with everyone handing her his armors rather than helping her develop the logistical side of superheroing. He's still her mentor, but a much more adversarial one who treats her as a trainee rather than a successor or hero in her own right.

He also starts dating Riri's mom.

Too be fair, Jobs was pretty fucking underhanded and a well-known asshole, the problem is that people only us the corporate PR version of Jobs with Tony.

Not all of his foes, that would make them very interchangeable. Something that he really needs is an antagonist strictly for Tony Stark. Not a corrupt businessman or supervillain, but something like a rival corporation that is legitimately chipping away at his power, prestige, and market share. Pretty much all of his business villains are supervillains in mundane outfits; he needs a guy whose response to Tony making some speech about how the government can't be trusted with Iron Man tech is to sell the government a wearable attack helicopter.

Take inspiration from Black Mirror to brainstorm new threats for him to fight.

can we all at least agree Ghost was a bad character until Thunderbolts gave him a different voice/personality

>I know but... at this point this is just a board for shitposting about the same shit
Welcome to Sup Forums enjoy your stay

Bring back the Superior Suits as a new antagonist.

Make it Tony's Venom, only It isn't resentful of Tony for abandoning it. Instead, it wants to help bring what it believes to be Tony's greatest dream come true: Upgrading the entire human race into a cosmic superpower.

To this end, it uses a modified version of the Extremis 3.0 app and symbiote DNA to create a virus that turns people into techno-organic monsters.

The suit reasons that Tony would do the exact same thing if he wasn't constrained by his company, the Avengers, and general accountability; and when it eventually succeeds, Tony will thank it.