Just finished watching this for the first time and holy shit, its absolute dogshit

Just finished watching this for the first time and holy shit, its absolute dogshit.
I was never big fan of the Star Wars flicks in the first place, but this is fucking terrible even by those standards.
Is it some kind of an epic meme on Sup Forums that the prequels are good or smth?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9fyak2u2PKs
youtube.com/watch?v=pUbXyd-fK8Q
youtube.com/watch?v=J0mUVY9fLlw
youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI
vimeo.com/130659252
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Find it hard to believe you just watched it. Are you 18?

First was okay

Second was good, not great

Third was pretty good

They're original and that goes a long way. Pod racing and Darth Maul fight were legit but yeah other than that it's shit. Still better than 7 and 8 though.

If you just watched it now you probably don't give a fuck about star wars.

It's just going to be a horrible directed mess. Star wars fans know it's a fucking mess but love the world building, imagination, and design.

It looks nice on paper is the best way to explain why people like it.

You obviously are a kid or never cared for star wars. It's a shit movie for anyone that doesn't enjoy star wars.

In my opinion attack of the clones is fucking worse.

I watched 2 and 3 in cinemas as a young person and they were ok but the movies look embarrassingly bad when I see clips of them on youtube. As if theyre cartoons acted out by people.

youtube.com/watch?v=9fyak2u2PKs

this is JUST / dooood the whole way through.

Of course TFA was generic but the prequels are some sort of autism directed straight to DVD kids movie. I can see that they work for kids and autistic lorefanboys but they have no redeeming features for adults.

>inb4 underage prequelfags storm the thread
For some reason a lot of idiots here believe that just because nu-trilogy is dogshit, prequels are genius by proxy

25, i never liked star wars much as i said and since everyone was saying the prequels are trash i didnt bother until now

watched it a week ago and enjoyed it more than I did 10 years ago.

NO but they are better.

The last jedi feels like a lore master was never around to help.

what's really bewildering is the opening scene where they are confronted by the rolling droids and they FUCKING force run it looks so odd

youtube.com/watch?v=pUbXyd-fK8Q

when I first saw this movie as a kid, I loved it.

After watching TLJ I'd rather have another go at Gungans vs droid army then nuEmpire vsnuRebellion.

>by proxy
I don't think you know what this means

Came out 1999??

I think I was 10. I loved the movie. Thought Darth maul was awesome. Really liked obiwan and qui qun. Thought the Droid designs were awesome. And I loved all the episode 1 video games at the time.

how can people not like these movies ? they're fun as fuck. this force run wasn't in the original edition though

That one podracing game for N64 was dope as FUCK. Maul is pretty cool and I like Liam Neeson, but the movie's just kinda boring. Good ideas but bad execution.

the light sabre battle with darth maul was kino

I liked it when I was 8 and the toys were awesome

>darth maul fight

youtube.com/watch?v=J0mUVY9fLlw

Watching Mr. Plinkett's review makes it worth wasting your time watching that movie: youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI

Just watched this last night for the first time and I thought it was great. Good parts were great and the bad parts were unintentionally funny.

vimeo.com/130659252

Gungans are awful (not counting the view of their underwater city), but the rest is okay.

>what do you mean these ACTORS are not really fighting?

2 was the worst Star Wars by far

These actors are performing a glorified ballerina dance instead of even pretending to fight.

I was boring, II was also boring but had more memorable scenes than I did, and III was actually decent.

Why the fuck do you think they're called "choreographies" you massive retard?

this is the dumbest shit I've ever seen, there was nothing wrong with most of these.

Those are some fucking terrible choreographies my man.

classic video

until now

Seeing this in theatres was the comfiest fucken thing ever.

Only non-menials would understand the hype it got was deserved.

Episode 1 is fine
Episode 2 is shit
Episode 3 is good

Nah, 3 is the only decent one

I tried to watch meme wars but got bored at 15 minutes.

Clones is superior to Menace. Better action, better story, better pacing. All Menace has is the fact that it was shot on film and the final duel. If that's all you need from a film, then may god have mercy on your soul.

>is it a meme that the prequels are good?

for anyone older than the prequels, yes it is a meme

god doesn't exist lol

It had some serious editing and pacing problems, very questionable world-building decisions, and the overall prequel problem with acting (I guess, this time actors did not shoot enough drugs to deliver corny lines with absolute sincerity), but "absolute dogshit"? It is still a good deal better than your average Hollywood blockbuster.

it has good visuals and music and an imposing villain (that gets slaughtered snoke style without even introducing him properly).

all the rest- acting, plotting, writing, pacing- is shit. Too much cartoony shit with the gungans and jar jar

2 isn't that bad, just the padme & anakin love plot. Everything else is tolerable. CGI might be corny but for the time it was pretty advanced, and the fights/dooku plot made up for the rest. Just take it as a comedy/action/thriller. The story at least made basic sense, unlike TLJ which is written by autistic retards and Disney Execs.

What is the proper order to watch all of the films in? 1-8 or 4,5,6,then 1,2,3, then 7 and 8?

it's over coreograhped and what the fuck it's a cgi laser beam why doesn't it look like it's going to connect for christ sake

Amidala is beautiful. Imagine if it was made today, she'd be a chubby negress or some ugly dog like Daisy Ridley.

it's a coreographed ballet.

OT duels don't look that bad, not even obi vs vader in the very first one. also it looks like they are actually fencing instead of ballerinaing

>>MAssive retard
>>gets this worked up in defending absolute garbage
>>doesn't realize the "fights" look like ballets instead of fights

3 is probably the most garbage of the bunch. It only is mildly interesting for some of the big obi vs anakin fight

>OT duels don't look that bad
They all do mate, from the awful Obi vs Vader fight in ANH to the Vader vs Luke duel in ROTJ where Vader loses because he trips on his cape.

I'd watch TPM over any of these movies I went to the cinema for
- hobbit part 2
- TFA
- Prometheus
- TDKR
obviously I dont even bother with marvel or dc

none of them look as bad as the ballet of fates. Also nice job in omitting Empire strikes back's final fight

>none of them look as bad as the ballet of fates
They all do.
>Also nice job in omitting Empire strikes back's final fight
Because it's the one less fresh in my mind, all I recall is Luke jumping far more high than anything in the prequels and then trying to climb up like a retard while Vader just looks at him and moves his sword as if poking a bug with a stick.

post the reddit letter media clip too

Edgelord faggot

Only reddit hates on the prequels

Have genuinely always liked the prequels. Might be because of my 'tism, but I just can't see why everyone shits on the dialogue and acting. It seems spot on to me.

Revenge of the Sith is unironically my favourite SW bar none.

Im tempted to watch episode 1 now, should i?

>I was never big fan of the Star Wars
then why do you think I care about your opinion on the PT?

Shut the fuck up dork

People praising the prequels after the new shitty movies came out are fucking embarrassing