When you nail the artstyle but still aren't a good show

>when you nail the artstyle but still aren't a good show
>there will never be another synthwave show due to this

I watch everything Elizabeth Banks does. Had this show introduced her siblings earlier, it may have been interesting but I can see why it was canned. Anything that airs during new seasons of South Park hoping people will keep watching tends to suck.

It's too bad, the show got funnier after the first few episodes.

Is this a JoJo reference?

No it's a Patrick Nagel reference

just imagine it was a hidden season of Archer.

Youre right.
I cry.

She is the funniest, smartest, and hottest woman alive

>Ass like a French teenager

Granted, anyone who did a stint on 30 Rock gets my undying admiration

What's his stand?

>you will never have this

Why live?

>Decided to look up Patrick Nagel because I found his art interesting and I like the 80's
>Find out he died at age 38 in 1984
>Died from "Aerobathon"
>He was a Maniac

Why? I never got why people call this like Archer to the degree they do.

>>Died from "Aerobathon"

Sounds like a very 80s way to go. I wonder if copious amounts of coke were also involved.

Its played moderately straight and the lead is good at what he does but is also an asshole.

sounds like archer, the lead does atleast

Home Resonance

On top of the bad writing, the show tried way too hard to be archer instead of doing its own thing. They literally just swapped out secret agent for detective and swapped 50s/60s businessman vibe for 80s vibe. Everything else is just about the same.

>Its played moderately straight

I never got that impression, though I bowed out after the first few episodes.

a top tier waifu was taken from us far too soon

Does she use those earrings for weaponry? They look lethal.

I feel like Rad alternated between being the best and worst aspect of the show, and the inconsistency of his character was part of what made it hard to like.

That's the most 80s way to die I've ever heard.
And 1984, that's pristine 80s right there.

it was too much archer and penis jokes, very sad
it needed to be something different

>aren't a good show

It was an okay show and had some funny episodes. I believe if it had gotten a second season it would have been better.

This show was so godawful, such a huge disconnect between sweet visuals and shitty bland writing.

There are key personality differences between Archer and Dazzle. In particular is that Archer will at least try to do the job he was assigned to do. Dazzle seems more like a kid with ADD how he'll just fuck off and do his own thing instead of catching the criminal.

This is why I liked the bowling murder episode. It actually involved some semblance of police work on the part of the characters, rather than them going "We're cops. Now lets fuck off and do random things for the whole episode".

I don't care what anyone says Moonbeam city was great.

>Gosh, you know, I was digging away at an old rotten tree trunk, and I got to wondering, "What does God look like?"

I think there's more a difference in that Archer's tangents are somewhat logical. Like Archer sandbags an operation because he wants to fuck the Sexy Coyote they were sent to capture. While Dazzle will become Marlon Brando while creating an avant garde cop re-enactment video. Also Archer is competent with a shitty personality, None of MBCPD are competent except maybe Dazzle's sidekick.

I think it just took the writers too long to find their footing. The last few episodes were great. I think the upward trend would have continued if they had gotten a second season.

>the lead is good at what he does
He's not. The entire MBCPD being incompetent as a whole was a running gag throughout the show.

No, but her belt is a living snake.

I really liked Moonbeam city. The last set of episodes were quite entertaining

Even if it lasted several seasons there probably wouldn't be another one, it is one of those one time styles
Can't picture anyone imitating it

It's really only an Archer clone on the shallowest of levels. It feels more like Metalocalpyse than anything.

>It feels more like Metalocalpyse than anything.

Even then it falls short.

Did you see her retarded Trump "parody" for the DNC

She's not as funny as you think she is

t. Trump supporter

Oh sure. I enjoyed it, but it was definitely mediocre and I'm not at all surprised it was cancelled.

>Dazzle looks like Ryo Saeba from the anime "City Hunter."

>Also Archer is competent with a shitty personality,

This is what sells the character for me. Archer has the right (at least in his eyes) to be cocky and smug because he's THAT good on what he does. Almost on autistic levels (bullet counting and such).

His drunkness and lack of empathy makes him put the mission in peril so many times. But ISIS will still keep sending him, because he's the best man for the job.

He died of a heart attack after doing moderate aerobics for an extended period of time, what do you think?

I enjoyed it, but the Rad stuff gets a bit too ridiculous.

I remember people shitting on best girl then doubling down when she was doing naked dinner with the mayor for the sake of the force

I would've preferred if they kept Rad a somewhat worthy rival for Dazzle like they did in the first couple of episodes instead of turning him into some pathetic butt of all jokes.

Wasn't he already rolling around in shit and shitting his pants and getting shit in his mouth by like the second episode?

>Tfw I meant to get into this show but never remembered to go watch it
Man, I feel bad it went under. I expected it to stick around longer.

>The episode where Brad gets stuck in the matrix
The last few episodes were fucking gold, it's too bad it got cancelled

This show was canceled because her name wasn't Rio.

Because they never watched it

Funny they still feel entitled to discuss it....

Nah fuck you. The Archer comparisons are apt. Moonbeam might not have been trying to ape Archer completely, but the elements are there.

>It's played straight

Like that EP where there's an epidemic of child raves so the police throw Thier own child raves so at least the drugs are clean, or when there's a crime wave of people shooting knives out of guns at people so dazzle starts a rivalry with the fire department that results in his boss being forced to have sex with the mayor for funding.

Yep it was a real straight laced grounded kinda show

You clear watched it

Not if you actually bothered watching the show they aren't

>ruining her the first season

I honestly think this episode killed off a good amount of the fan base.

Also because in the first season he sorta accidentally kills most his fellow agents by being an idiot and even later they downsize the office to the main cast and Brett who dies in the beginning of Season 5.
They're ridiculously superficial. There are no real comparisons past they're comedies with a retro aesthetic starring narcissistic action hero parodies.
However the style of comedy, era they're riffing on, and action genre they're parodying are all completely different.
It's just a hold over from when everyone thought it was going to be 80s Archer then didn't bother watching the show.
Don't forget Cop Con where they threaten all the gangsters in Moonbeam to be on their best behavior while all the cops just leave, then they clean up the city, only for the cops to come back and start a riot.
Fucking waifufags

Fuck. Me too.

It gave me a new husbando

>the lead is good at what he does

Dazzle was not even remotely competent at his job.

Archer is lazy and cynical, but also possibly the deadliest man in his world.

>maniac
>maniac on the floor
>seizing like he never seized before.

Dude, Pizzaz was easily the best part of the show, that episode did not ruin her.

Amazing how this show had so many good things and yet still sucked overall.

>Amazing how this show had so many good things

you can say that again

Post more Pizzaz.

>when the OP is exactly right

They did too good of a job at making him creepy.

A lot of people thought it was like Pizazz getting raped, yet it was played for laughs by the show.

F

He was just taking her out for lunch.

What's wrong with that?

Sup Forums, this is Zapp Mendelson, Chairman of the Moonbeam City Bluesological Institute. He has Blues Salvage Team standing by, and just needs a full inventory of your collection.

Quickreply Hoss and his Recaptcha Band

Well he is the corrupt mayor of the most corrupt city in the country, he is sort of emblematic of the decadence and moral decay that Pizazz feels her family is responsible for, so it's only natural that she would find him particularly menacing, sexual subtext aside.

Slipdad Slideman Kran-k-kringle The...Third

Quitpro Crastinating ft. Workon Eurart

> everyone tells me to watch Archer
> don't find it funny all that much
> find this show
> laugh like a fucking idiot almost every episode
What's the diagnosis, doc?

IQ of a rhesus monkey

Sage Gose & Al Fields quartet

It's heavily implied that the lunch was him feeding her his sausage and salad dressing

The overwhelming majority of Trump parodies are utter shit. The only funny Trump jokes I've seen were the ones where he was just pretending to be retarded and hates his voting base.

Strange, I hadn't heard from any of these bands

Honestly, Dazzle reminded me a lot of Carl from Llamas With Hats in his delivery and motivations (thought obviously less sociopathic).

Bluesman Blue and the, uh, Blues by...Red Redman

Yeah, it was nice of Comedy Central to try and have their own Archer.

There will be, give it 15 years. I'll make it.

I really wish this weren't a comedy. I fucking love that artstyle but it would be way better as a standard noir in my opinion.

Nota Diversion Feat. Slick Miss Direction.

is that lisa lisa?

The show was actually pretty good. People say it got better after the first few episodes, but I don't think that's really fair.

I didn't like the first few episodes at first, but liked the show by the end of it, and rewatching it found that I really really liked the first few episodes now that I knew what to expect. I think I, and a lot of people, went in expecting it to be like Archer, which is a really bad mindset to go into the show with, and takes a lot of the humor out of it. If you go in knowing what the show is meant to be, something more in the Adult Swim area of comedy, the it's a lot more enjoyable. Rewatching, the first few episodes are a lot better than I remembered. The third episode in particular is probably tied for my favorite along with the cop-con episode.

The show was fucking bad.

Out.

Now.

There's no defending this crap.

Moonbeam City started out weak but quickly found its footing and had some great episodes. It deserved a second season to see if it could keep that up, but Comedy Central is eager to kill off any show they premiere behind South Park that doesn't pull South Park numbers.