The film is obviously a classic, is the TV show any good or just a shameless cash-in?

The film is obviously a classic, is the TV show any good or just a shameless cash-in?

Surprisingly good. It's the second best thing to come out of The Exorcist franchise.

The Exorcist (the original film) > The Exorcist (TV show) > The Exorcist III >>> everything else in the franchise

Show is not god tier, but it's bretty good desu
I'm actually a bit sad that it's never discussed on Sup Forums

Man fuck the exorcist.

My sister made me watch it when I was around 8 years old and still have nightmares about it. Some nights I can't sleep because whenever I close my eyes i see that poor little girls twisted visage grinning at me. This was 22 years ago and it still fucking haunts me.

I can't watch any horror movies because of this, even the image in the OP deeply unsettled me.

Fuck.

Are... are u for serious user?
It's all make believe...not real, you know...
Saw a coupe of movies back then that scared me as a child... then something was broken in me... started liking monsters that are well designed and enjoying a couple of laughs in watching a few jumpscare movies, became immune to jumpscares, insensitive to dumb teenagers dying and extremely respectful of a well built atmosphere like Silent Hill or IT. I've never been able to get scared again. And honestly, i like it this way.

Yes the TV show is good. Worth watching for sure

I'm very serious. I know it is irrational and retarded but I cannot help it.

Have you seen someone about this?
Usually, deep rooted fears are more complex than just a movie, but something real instead, something your subconscious perceives to be real and threatening, possibly associated with the experience of watching that first horror movie more than the movie itself.
In my case, I know that a good way to deal with fear is understanding it... so well that you get to a point where it's not threateing and only keks remain...

no i haven't seen someone about it. I just don't watch horror movies.

It's weird, i can watch the fucking cartel/isis videos posted all over Sup Forums no problem but a horror movie will destroy me.

If you ever got the will, you should.
Telling you, that kind of crap looks like childhood trauma, and it has a way of fucking with you as an adult. You should go back and recall exactly what was it that scared you. Was it the face? The feel of being forced by your sister? (kind of rapey in a mindfuck way) Some other emotional issue that you were going through at the moment, maybe bullying. Remember what did you feel and why
Once you identify the cause, chances are you can work on them and get rid of it.

It starts out good and then gets really fucking weird and campy. Some really good twists that I never saw coming.

It was so long ago it's hard to remember what exactly it was. I know her face bothered me a lot, the night I watched it i got into bed with my parents because i was still terrified and I remember seeing her face in the back of my moms head.

Why does the face bother you? It still does?
Is there anything else that triggers the feel of the face? What is it associated with? Uglyness? Sickness? The "Fuck me" scene? The feel of something evil getting inside you? Or perhaps making you loose something you cared about? Can you look at say... a lepper face and not be fear triggered? Do you have any other fear responses? You can ask yourself all kinds of crap, till you trace the source and it's connections...

I don't like the TV series, but the blonde waifu is perfection

No, it's really good. Ben Daniels kills it.
Probably dead now because of Disney though.

>tfw you realize Exorcist puke girl is now a Disney princess

I honestly don't know why it bothers me so much. I don't remember one scene from the movie, just the face and her voice really. I can't think of anything else that brings up that feeling, the leper face etc doesn't bother me at all, I work in forensics and oftentimes see some pretty wild stuff that doesn't effect me like that little girls face.

Another approach is to identify it from the now. That requires a bit of facing your fear though.
Exposure to that same face now. But being aware and focused on how does it make you feel and why. Defensless? Hopeless? Small? Whatever it is, why?
If you manage to identify that now, you take the next step, which is "when was the first time in your life you remember feeling like that" and also "why" But man... this stuff is supposed to be a long journey, preferably with some professional help.

IDK it just seems silly to me to see a shrink for something like that. I think I'd feel like too much of an idiot to even talk about it lol.

You are talking about it here... and it bothered you enough to post and stay on this thread, which is kinda derailed, cause I stayed for the chance of an Exorcist thread since we never have any.
And there's no shame in being fucked in in the head. Truth is... everyone is, to some degree or another, thing is how well can you function with it and how healthy you can be. Shrinks, therapists, healers... most of us deal with with this crap all the time and you wouldn't believe how ridiculous the stuff that haunts us can be. Fear, most of the times is completely irrational. It should trigger in life threatening situations, yet it stays there when it's not needed.

I mean, talking about it here is a little different than doing it in person. I guess I fear being judged or something IDK. I've only ever told one person, and she laughed at me for it, lol.

Like I said... fear is irrational
Nobody is gonna judge you, not even that person who laughed probably. Was she a gf? Girls usually laugh at this because they find it cute or silly, or it breaks their notions of "normality to expect", but there's not "judgement"
Otherwise, no one serious on trying to help - that also knows some stuff - is capable of laughter about this. I'm not laughing. Wouldn't dare to laugh at someone who seriously told me this kind of stuff in person either. There are far better things to kek at.

Really good show. I need to watch the last two of Season 2.

>It's all make believe...not real
wrong. The Bible and demonic possession are very real.

I'm talking about horror movies, user...
Wheter you believe or not, wheter it's real or not, whatever creed you come from, movies are never real... unless documentaries or such.

It was my wife doing the laughing, I know a professional is not going to do that, but I still would feel as though I'm being judged. I know it's dumb.

Its good. Season 2 was better than 1 but the last ten minutes of season 2 ends on that feeling that they didn't know if there would be a third season so they do that thing where they wrap everything up but at the same time leave plot hooks and it feels disjointed and weird.

>I still would feel as though I'm being judged
Well... I can only point you in a direction solely based on will to help. Especially on a place we wont ever see our faces.
I can kindly suggest you that you talk to someone and see if you can fix that problem if it's bothering you.
It does require daring. And I can't take that leap for you. Just remember fear is irrational and feeling dumb is only an illusion, then you can walk through that door, maybe not without fear, but at least with some bravery to push you forward.
It's always good to be able to watch comfy horror while cuddling with your gf/wife with a big fearless smile on your face.

It's a great show. I was very pleasantly surprised. Never wanted to watch it before since I assumed it was just a cash-in but I'm glad I was wrong.