Watch XCVIII

>Watch XCVIII
>see Ashi mow through an entire army without a scratch even though she trained in a cave all her life and she's only one person and unarmed to boot
>this guy shows up
>"This is terrible."
My thoughts exactly.
>

>wahhhh ashi is taking away time from muh jack
get over it you fucking autist

Don't you ever get tired of making the same threads everyday?

No, of course you don't. Autism fuels the man, it's what kept Barneyfag going all these years and there's no reason for you to stop either.

Shine on you crazy faggot.

>Mom! Women scare me! MOOOOM!

>Wahhhhhhhh, people expect Jack, the main character to be the one doing things in his show

And he is. Spiritual things! I doubt you care about those, little man. Now come over here and suck my cock.

The idea of fighting an army on your own is as surrealistic and over the top as you can get. So being well aware of what a dumb premise it was and how it was mainly an excuse for good action, Genndy just went all the way and made it exaggerated as hell.
Ashi still struggled to kill her mother, so I feel the he complains about her being invincible or a Mary Sue are pretty unfounded.

Holy shit does this piss me off something fierce. Proofwatch your fucking show, Genndy, this is hack behaviour.

When i saw this shit on my SmartTV live i was instantly pissed, couldn't finish the episode i was so mad. My wife had to tell me how it ended.

What this guy said, but less politely.

I was really hoping Ashi was going to set up a bunch of traps, just because it's way more fun to see an army get torn apart by rolling boulders and pitfall traps and all that crap.

I'd have preferred it if they'd just scrapped the army thing altogether and just had Ashi fight the cult leader to protect Jack, though, since they could use that time to have them argue more during the fight and show a bit more of how Ashi's changed.

This

When jack first fought the army he prepared for it, I thought the scene would mirror that one

WHERE IS THE PORRIDGE!?

I'm going to be honest.The pacing is fucking horrendous. But it ain't got shit to do with ASHI.

It's the pacing that is hurting the show.

Does anyone know why it's only ten fucking episodes. Why was this decided.

As much as I'm inclined to agree with you, I think we've been over this for what feels for too long. About how *we* would have done the scene. I say it's no use arguing that unless it's for fun and not just for the sake of whining. It's best to put it behind us and try to focus on the scene as it is instead of what we hoped it was.

Then again, I know people will keep doing this anyway and they have all the right in the world to do so, but it's getting old.

i always assumed the high priestess had access to modern technology and even her own private room with telephones, laser weapons and commodities but hide that from everyone else and forced the rest to live her cult delusions in that cave

Because that's what a dead cartoon gets in terms of budget to wrap anything up.

Ah, that's true.

I wasn't sure whether or not Genndy may have just wanted it to be 10 episodes also.

Is ashi being kind of a dominant role player another one of those liberal things?

While we're on a Samurai Jack thread, anyone know any game from which I can get a similar feel to playing as Jack? Without mentioning the two official games I mean.
I had a pretty fun samurai run in Fallout New Vegas but I want more.

>it's another "retard doesn't know what being able to leap dozens of meters in the air, speed-blitz a bullet-timer, and shatter stone pillars with your bare hands actually translates to in terms of strength" episodes

...what exactly am I looking at?

>You're a little too strong for a human, don't you think Aku?

He kicked a stone pillar apart literally ten seconds before saying that too.

The pacing has always been like this, but now it's more noticeable because it's one long serialized story. You don't notice the decompression as much when each episode is largely self-contained.

I don't think the pacing was all that bad up until the fifth episode. Then things started to get rushed.

I would have liked to see more slow burning scenes like the one in the cave. In 5, 6, and 7 there have just been too many different "things" happening in a single episode if that makes sense.

She was trained to kill Jack specifically
Aku hasn't given a rats dick about Jack for years, he barely tries to find him
He sends his shittiest on purpose
Jack has done FAR better in the past

So now that he's got Ashi, is Jack finally going to whip it out?

Yeah, spiritual things. Like shooting eye lasers at his depression. What a crock o' shit.

Buddhist guy's wrinkles because user is one of those autists that thinks wrinkles don't terminate and instead go around your entire body like a crease.

>Ashi mow through an entire army
Things like this happen pretty often in samurai jack