What did they mean by this?

Vlad Tepes experienced the richness of the Ottoman Empire first hand. The guy should be angry and hateful of them. Like, it's a no-brainer.

Either way, am I the only one around here bothered by Doom being "omg, zoo razist Vlad"? The guy's an ultra nationalist who has Latveria looking like a medieval village. The retcons with mosques existing in Latveria made no sense.

Seriously, Doom is a half Germanic half gypsy guy living in an Eastern European land. Romas are religious AF, and was probably raised, at some form or the other, as Eastern Orthodox.

Plus, from everything we've seen, he's an ultra nationalist. Sure, he wants peace on Earth, but he wants his peace on Earth.

So Sup Forums, am I the only one who cringed at this? What happened to characters having flaws? He's a villain Marvel, you can make him xenophobic, petty, sexist, whatever. Jeez...

Islam isn't a race.

Another thing is Marvel is very loose cannon at stuff since the joe q days, well pre sw imo. You can just handwave this away if you don't like it.

Anyway Doom been on a road to slowly become a hero.

Sure, now he's trying to be a hero, but still, that doesn't mean he's an entirely different person.

Besides, back then Doom was a straight-up villain It wasn't even his Future Foundation period. I'm just baffled why Marvel needs to make everyone, even the villains, (((free minded))). Doom's the leader of a small European Nation and a man who values his tradition. There's no reason for him to be all "ayy we're all the same mon". It's silly.

Depends. Certain communists wasn't always anti other religions or races.

Marvel made doom cry about 911, when old Doom would just accept humans suck and move on.

If Reed was dead and he had no scar face, he wouldn't be a villian.

Yes, this was cringe. There was a lot of cringe in that series.

I imagine he has a special place in his hate for niggas who say "your good for a gypsy". That basically a racist version of saying "your good for not being Mr. Fantastic"

Still, it's the one OOC that just goes against canon so much, that even unthinkable makes more sense. The Ultra-Nationalist & Traditionalist does not even care about the threat of Islam and just goes "hahaha, u razist"?
I liked it for the most part, but that's one of the Top Cringe pages pre-Marlel.
Eh, for me it makes more sense for him to be aginst than the Far East than for it.

Bump

Who wrote this anyway?

Paul Cornell.

>Romas are religious AF
No they aren't.

Yeah, they are. The majority of them attend mass, but the amulets, all of that. At least on the Balkans they do.

>I liked it for the most part, but that's one of the Top Cringe pages pre-Marlel.
Pretty much. I enjoyed the book overall and I was annoyed when it was cancelled, but this page in particular was really fucking cringey.

It's really not a good page to judge the entire book by. Most of it was the kind of crazy fun shit you'd expect from a cape comic.

True, but this was just... bad. It's basically a leader of a nation seeing an oncoming thread and being "not all invaders". It doesn't even make sense!

But yeah, the book was fun.

Weird, considering the guy writes guides about canon and fiction history.

Then again marvel editors are very lax since Shooter left.

Are you implying that Marcel's editors are imbeciles user?! I'm gonna need some proof on that outrageous claim!!!

Kidding aside, it's weird, but I guess it was supposed to be "even villains aren't racist" scene, but the poor choice of characters, setting and story made it cringy as hell.

I think the idea is that Doom isn't a "leader of a nation". He currently a leader of a nation but in reality he's going to be the leader of the entire world. He's fucking doom he's probably already figured out how to fix the middle east and create a second Islamic Golden Age.

He is primarily a Latverian though. He wants to be King of the World, but of his World. His Perfect Utopia. So basically he wants a global Latveria.

Aside from that, it's just a stupid attitude when the threat exists, and you're the protector of your subjects, and a weird response, considering the story of Vlad Tepes.

Just read What if Secret Wars where he kept the beyonder's powers.

Cool stuff.

I always assumed it was a folktale that Vlad was vampire.
but i guess its all from Bram Stroker book.

Anyway...vlad was raped as a kid by muslims. Don't blame him for killing them...plus they were literally invading his country...its not like he went to their land to kill them

Don't know. I don't read it.

>If Reed was dead and he had no scar face, he wouldn't be a villain.
That's a pretty shitty way to characterize him, imo. If Reed never even existed, Doom would've still be a vain, petty, self-centered piece of shit who would still be projecting any failures in his life onto anyone else who makes him feel even a little bit inadequate about himself.

If one scratch on his face was enough to make his autism flare up into a supernova of impotent rage that prompted him to train his body and mind to become an infallible robot-kin dictator, then really I doubt he ever had a chance of being "good", except as a means to an end to fellate his own ego.