What did you guys think of Bright? I think it tries to blend fantasy...

What did you guys think of Bright? I think it tries to blend fantasy, hard-hitting cop drama and social commentary but it pretty much ends up falling painfully short of the mark on all three fronts.

It's just got the worst dialogue ever.

>Don't lose your job over this!
>They don't teach THAT in the academy.

Jesus Christ

I think that ironically it's exactly the kind of Z-grade blockbuster that people would typically describe by saying "Eh, just wait and watch it on Netflix."

It feels like the same cunt who wrote Drax in GotG wrote the orc. It was also missing the general cop humour.

Half of those felt like improv.

after the orc boss mentioned how it goes down in Miami I assume that's where we are headed

I think despite it having a shit ton of legitimate problems, I liked it

It's like babbies first film.

It's Max Landis so I can only assume he's fucking around with us. He's not this retarded.

I'm not from US. So tell me, are gangs really that big of a deal in LA?

FUN
U
N

7/10 solid flick, the best movie this month...also nice reference

he's not but Ayer sure as fuck is

Annoying shit.

way worse than what the movie portrayed. they would have 100% killed will and that orc knowing there was a wand well before they got in the car

It legit was, not a forced FUN like the MCU shit that tries to hard.
The last part with Will and the Orc explaining shit to the feds was super capeshit FUN thou

Jakoby and the kid.

I thought it was a very good movie with a very interesting universe and I really hope we get to see more movies or a tv series from this universe. Hell, I'd even like a video game set in this world. This really could be it's own franchise if Netflix is smart enough.

>The last part with Will and the Orc explaining shit to the feds was super capeshit FUN thou

This was my favorite part of the movie.

I think the fantasy aspect is actually very well developed and the most interesting thing about the movie.

Everything is so shit in Hollywood nowadays I really missed imaginative movies like this. Hope to see this setting expanding.

So this is real, huh. Why are they allowed to exist? Shouldn't they be in prison or just dead?

>I looked up "Bright was fun" in twitter and took a screencap
jesus christ I know Sup Forums is full of fucking retards but come the fuck on

It's not, the Orcs are just gangbangers, the Elves are just Hollyjews.
There's barely anything special about them, the closest we got were the weird religious stuff and a hole deep into LA that's never explored.

because we are a nation of laws, plea deals, and corruption

I've seen people rape and get probation and people with weed get 5 years.

>my first day on Sup Forums

it's an enjoyable flick, the critics can suck my dick

not bad just not really good either

You sound legitimately stupid. The US has the largest prison population in the world.

Guess what?

That does't stop crime. It isn't even meant to.

>3+ MB gif slideshows
stop making these bruh

It was fun. A fun flick. Good world building, good action, decent plot, good acting. Just unpretentious and fun. I would watch a Bright 2 in a heartbeat, honestly a breath of fresh hair.

>The last part with Will and the Orc explaining shit to the feds was super capeshit FUN thou
Nah, I liked it.

>Is that what happened?
>Yes.
>And you, yes?
>No, I'm with my buddy.
Legit laughed at that.

It was awesome!

We need more centaur cop in the sequel

it's the closest we'll get to a shadowrun universe movie so whatever

On the balance I liked it. I liked that the two main characters didn't really have the usual banter thing going on, that the orc is basically an awkward nerd you can imagine was bullied as a kid. I also liked how casually brutal it was, which felt a lot like the actual D&D/Shadowrun games I've played where things swerve between ultraviolent and goofy like lightning

Coolest thing was the Centaur cop who appeared for like two seconds.

??

The Orcs demonstrate super-strength and acute smelling. They have shamans. They have an entire sub-culture built around clans, tusk-length, and blood rituals. They served a Sauron-style dark lord 2,000 years ago.

Elves are magical beings that have infiltrated every stage of government and commerce and have superhuman agility.

The fantasy tropes are integral to their characters, they aren't just "lolBLACKS" and "lolJEWS". Especially since actual blacks and latinos are all over this movie.

>Orcbro: I don't know how to ask this
>Centaur cop: Then don't
>Orcbro: I will ask anyway. Has anyone asked to ride you
>Centaur cop: Fuck off dude
>Orcbro: I am asking..for a friend
>Centaur cop: I will legitmately cave your skull in
>Orcbro: If it would be totally in a non sexual way

>hollywood bought critics once again

it was not a masterpiece but still not as horrible as these (((critics))) said it was.

Will Tikka get ORC'D in the sequel?

>I thought it was a very good movie with a very interesting universe
Agreed. Great universe, I want to see more.

it's like any police movie but the context is a bit different
movie starts ok
the last part is just bad and uninspired
no reason to really see it ,no reason to really avoid it
not memorable in anyway

It would have been better if they dialed back on the crappy banter because none of it worked. Pretty cool setting with not-completely hamfisted social commentary that was sodomized by crappy writing.

Do female centaurs exist? I assume so otherwise wouldn't the centaurs have died out years ago? Human women couldn't give birth to them.

how long until the sexual allegations come out

>the critics are slick as fuck and twice as efficient

Christ, this solidifies it: I won't bother with this flick. Common-denominator trash.

>the critics are secretly trying to reawaken the dark lord

>the critics are jews that try to summon satan
well a spark of truth in that

>Why are they allowed to exist?
beats me, those pesky tripfags are just the worst thing on Sup Forums

Elftown.

Bad Boys with elves.

oddly enough i got more enemy of the state vibes from it. can't tell exactly why though.

They never gave any reason not to want the dark lord to come back, everything was pretty shitty.

LEARN HOW TO MAKE WEMBS, FOR FUCK'S SAKE!

> I think it tries to blend fantasy, hard-hitting cop drama and social commentary but it pretty much ends up falling painfully short of the mark on all three fronts

Pretty much this. Landis can't write, he's got great imagination but he lacks skill.
Worldbuilding was p. good tho, so good it saves this film

I rather it that way. leaves the choice open

The dark lord can be like Sauron where he wants to conquer everything or he can be like Jesus that wants equality among all races leading to the downfall of elven superiority.

Or he can be like Choco Tacos, which are nutritionally void and actively bad for you but goddamn they're so great that you just don't care.

This movie wasn't great but if was far better than it had any right to be

I'd fuck a centaur (female)

I'm really really drawn to this universe for some reason and I like it

Had a great time watching it with a friend. Yea ok, it was hammy as all fuck and the dialogue was cheesy as shit, but I really liked the world building. Would be cool if they made a miniseries exploring different places around the world. Also, sequel needs more focus on races other than orcs and elves. We saw a centaur cop and that woman in the club with lizard eyes, but not enough time exploring what other fantasy creatures inhabit the world.

you mean it wasn't a 0? I dont know how the elves get away with it

It's the universe and the fact that the movie had so little hype. I watched it because of the bright threads and how the reviews said it was completely awful then it turns out to be okay.

More like a fantasy version of Alien Nation

They are real user just fuck a mare

The action in this movie is dumb.

I just watched a whole squad of LAPD SWAT walk into an elf knifing the fuck out of all of them. That was beyond dumb. They could of at least TRIED to make it look believable.

It’s.... a flick user. I was expecting something more cuz they somehow decided to spend 90 mills on this as I had heard. It definitely makes a huge difference it starts out making “B” flick with good production value like “Death Proof” comparing to those are not.

>3mb slideshow

will smith is the worst actor ever

Not a bad film at all. The reviews are fucking hilarious though.

Could somebody post a pic of the weird looking stripper? I think she was of a completely different fantasy race than the others we saw in the film

Nah dude you just hate fun will Smith is very talented even if his acting career looks bland in your view

>Could somebody post a pic of the weird looking stripper?
No. Stop asking for things to fap to.

If there was ever evidence needed that Max Landis still has a job writing solely due to jewish nepotism, this is it.

How the fuck do you write something this bad ? As someone who liked the Shadowrun universe I thought this could be fun, it was absolute shit.

did you copy that line straight from the wikipedia?

Isn't the universe basically shadowrun without the magic? Or is there magic in it?

Are you referring to the face of that one woman who was in the strip club whose eyes shut sideways? I think it was implied she was a lizard-person in disguise.

Elves flipping out and fucking shit up never, ever look beliveable. LotR, the Hobbit, and Hellboy 2 showed us this.

>Or is there magic in it?
That's like 90% of the plot of the movie.

Wish they cared a little more about expanding that setting, why not making a fictional shitty laughtrack sitcom, just a couple of scenes, about two neighbour families, one of Orcs and the other one of Elves, and Orcs are clumsy and dumb but good at heart while Elves are snobbish and bitchy but nice too.

>haha i'm pretty weird, i do a lot of flips and climb on stuff
Worst elf ever, even more retarded than Legolas.

He copied it from rotten jewmatoes.

think of this movie as a pilot. They just wanted to see how well it would be received.

After all the audience asking the same questions you are I think it's almost guaranteed netflix expands the universe.

Fun Flick, honestly expected way worse.

Also really intruiged by the concept

>the prophesy
I wanna drop this so hard.

The entire plot of the movie is that theres a magic wand on the loose and they trying to survive and stop the gangs and the cult from get it back.

World theories and guessing thread?
So 9 armies participated in the fight against the Dark Lord. From what we got we have:
Men, Elves, Dwarves, Fairies(?), Centaurs(?).
That leaves out 4 races we haven't seen (or just 4 human nations).

The only other "standard fantasy setting race" missing is Halfling, so the other 3 might be more magical creatures like Giants, maybe Gnomes, Undead, maybe Beastmen and Ratmen, that shit. Genuinely excited to see how they'll be implemented in this grittier less magical world.

Especially excited to see how Landis adapts Dwarves' greediness and selfishness. Wanna see more of the Elves aswell, they're rich and high-and-mighty but we don't know their general culture.
Halflings are prolly still farmers tho.

Basically, fuck Will Smith and the Orc's prophecy plot, turn this into a netflix series and expand the world. It's the best way to save this.

Because it is believable, in a weird sense. That's why the world building was so good. They could have fucked up the verisimilitude immensely with the orcs and elves and whatnot, but they didn't.

You have believable racism, believable archetypes, a hinted shared history, and no character is blatantly stupid. The good sheriff actually turns out to be a good sheriff, what a surprise. The magical FBI aren't somehow the villains or plagued by a conspiracy or something: they are simply tight lipped magical FBI trying to do their job. The first reaction of the orc cop after having seen his buddy killing four other cops is to fucking arrest him. Jakoby looks and acts like a bullied geek, because that's basically what he is.

>World theories and guessing thread?
Nah.

No, my point is they call clamber up a short stairs and they can get their throats cut. When they all have rifles and tactical gear.

It's just asinine, like Hawkeye running towards his target when he has a fucking bow. It's RIDICULOUS.

This director is dogshit, no wonder Suicide Squad flopped.

The alamo is still a thing in this universe

Why is she getting fucked up? I though elves can use magic willy-nilly?

There are dozen of anime with the same plot, why would you watch this shit beside nigger allegories?

how did you miss out on orcs

They never explain it.

It's not her wand. It specifically belongs to another elf.

Wasn't that bad. I mean, it wasn't good. But I wasn't bored during it. And I didn't keep watching just out of some hate-fueled obligation to keep my angry post-viewing rants about it well-informed. Which is apparently the standard for a watchable movie these days.
Will Smith is genuinely shit in it though. But I like the orc partner guy.

She revived a person, i assume thats the limit to magic mojo.
They fucked up by not showing Will getting kinda fucked up by using it to btfo Noomi

Lizard people do exist

>Ratmen
I am now imagining Skaven Hobos.

nope

Do Orcs represent alt-right? And Elves rep the jews and sjws trying to oppress the right wing?

Look at his hand. He was burned badly by the wand, and it was only a single fireball.

Why did it cost 90 million to make? John Carpenter could have shat this out for one third of that.