What is the REAL reason you hate Ashi, user

What is the REAL reason you hate Ashi, user...

She's not real

She's uninteresting, poorly constructed, poorly developed, and unnecessary. Her relationship with Jack is forced.

We only get ten episodes.

She's taken three of them.

She comes off less as a character and more a plot device, likely because of how little time there is to develop her as a character. I do not hate Ashi but I don't much care for her either.

A lot of buzzwords. Care to elaborate on how they apply?

Literally none of those were buzzwords.

>Literally

Literally. Did I trigger you again?

As opposed to figuratively none of them being buzzwords then?

I don't hate Ashi and I don't have an issue with her, but how her presence wound up fucking the pacing of last week's episode to where Jack getting his sword back took a grand total of 5 minutes from one of the most contrived means of doing so was genuinely insulting, when most of the episode could have easily been condense and given more focus on Jack genuinely struggling through his anger to get a new sword.

I enjoyed the callback to Ep 1, but not when it ate up valuable time better spent on making the last 10 minutes not feel absurdly rushed.

Words grow and shift in meaning, you etymological autist. Oh are you going to go at me because you don't display any actual symptoms of autism?

It takes a specific kind of person to lack the understanding of social cues to not get that making up new meanings for words can cause miscommunication of information.

Any more buzzwords you wanna call me?

She's a poorly thought out character with no addition to the plot but to move it foward, barelly has flaws and she just ruins the pace of the whole season by the need of her development.

Regardless of what happens with Ashi it's going to be shit, Romance in Samurai Jack is stupid because it was a solo story, Daugher-Father is stupid because she's a god damn adult and Partners is insulting when the Scotsman exists, either way Ashi should exist and it surprises me that people will call you sexist for not liking her and will not see the incredible irony of that.

>making up new meanings for words
Literally - (informal) used to express strong emphasis while not [necessarily] being literally true.

She's a boring side character with an uninteresting story surrounding her. She also takes up from the other possible developments. Once she was revealed to be alive, the season turned to crap.

She's boring.

Its Mad Max Fury Road all over again with hearing people bitch about a side character "stealing the spotlight".

This is like the epitome of Sup Forums's projecting.

The Scotsman was never constructed, developed, or necessary but no one has a problem with him. There must be another reason.

Episodic show. No need.

No one hates the show or hate ashi. It's literally the same guy who keep making these fortune cookie nonsense threads.

>All these /r9k/fags trying to rationalize their tantrum because a dirty girl is in their show

>episode of "samurai JACK"
>can't wait to see what's in store
>literally 20 minutes focused on developing some literally who's
>Jack only shows up for literally 1 minute
>all of the new characters get insta killed anyway
>never brought up again.
Genndy is a HACK and these shitty characters are stealing screentime from Jack, who is so interesting as a solo character that he and Aku should be the only characters who exist.

>comparing a one off episode in an episodic show to a story arc season
delete your thread also

You know you don't HAVE to watch it if you hate the show so much.

Stop being a faggot

Bcause she is voiced by Tara "my biggest fans watch Barney" Strongm

>ITT: buzzwords starting with the letter "L".

>too much of a fanboy to finish looking at the post

I was applying the majority of ashi arguments to the most universally loved episode of the original, I actually love this show with all my heart, season 5 in particular

>how dare you to criticize a show you like

>comparing 1 episode to over 5 already with Ashi as the main character.
It would've been fine if Ashi fucked off forever after episode 4, but no, we need to have her in every episode because she's a main character now. Don't be retarded.

>wasting your time justifying yourself to someone who is clearly underage
I believe Ashi is different because the show is now followign a single plot that will take the whole season, in fact the biggest issue with the show is the fact that they only have 10 episodes and need to rush shit, introducing a new main character under these circumstances is an awful idea because you will need to rush her development so you can do whatever you plan on doing with her by the finale

>1 episode
>implying that wasn't the formula of every single original series episode

Well obviously, you dumbass, episodic shows that have one simple yet well developed character work because they only appear in one episode. If Samurai Jack became "Samurai Jack and the Bounty Hunters" or even "Samurai Jack and the Scotsman" it would lose it's point, now you have to develop twice the main characters, work on their dynamics and have them both with interesting character arcs that don't feel rushed nor that overstay their welcome, and that's where the new season fails, and if you can't see it, you are retarded.

>BUT SEASON 5 IS TOTALLY THE SAME
Fucking idiot.

but without her, it would be just a rehash of older episodes. If it was scotsman who had to save jack from depression, It would just be another sirens episode. and Scotsman was the only living character besides jack and aku who had more than 2 episodes, so it would have been some one off character whose flamboyant personality would get annoying after 3 episodes.
If it just left jack and aku(with a polarizing new voice actor) as the only characters with a few cameos, then Jack wouldn't have any character development, which is an essential part of a story arc.
by the way I wasn't trying to justify myself to him, I just didn't want my point to be lost on people.

BECAUSE SHE'S A GIRL AND FUCK HER IT'S SAMURAI JACK NOT NINJA ASHI WHO CARES IF HER WHOLE CHARACTER REVOLVES AROUND HELPING JACK AND SHOWING HOW AWESOME JACK IS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

So you're saying just have samurai Jack and nu-aku as the only characters?

>and that's where the new season fails
According to you, because it didn't follow your headcannon on what this season should be.

And instead we get Samurai Jack that isn't even about Jack. It's about Ashi and girl power and forced romance, with Jack taking a backseat. Just wait for her to defeat Aku. It's already confirmed the ending is going to revolve around her with the "Aku finds out a secret about her". Yeah, about her, not about Jack.

Face it. Genndy is a hack who ruined the series by forcing his own mary sue waifu in.

I'm a completionist and she was in a set of 7 sisters. Once one of the sisters died, all of them had to in order for my unreasonable OCD to be fulfilled, but now she's alive where she shouldn't be. If Ashi dies (it doesn't matter how or when) I will finally be happy.

No, you cockgurgler. I'm saying that if you are going to make a new season where the premise it's that it's been 50 fucking years into the future, you should you know, write something about it. Does anyone, ANYONE would really feel like this new season takes 50 years later if Jack's design didn't change? Genndy talks about how he's sad and depressed when in the end as long as Ashi is on-screen he is literally the same character he was 50 years ago, why don't you actually write something about Jack being depressed without dropping it because "muh Ashi changes everything" 4 episodes in?

And we KNOW many characters should be older now, and even if you don't want to use old characters, you can introduce new ones, non-intrusive, non-protagonistic, non-necessary for the plot characters. Hell, if they wanted they could've made something fantastic with just Jack and Aku, it's a last 10 episode season, not just a renewal. The clock is ticking and half of it it's spent on Ashi. 1 poor character instead of 5 or more well developed single characters, great choice, Genndy.

She lacks charisma but has a lot of screen-time

Scaramouche has some charisma but relatively little screen time

Aku has oodles of charisma, but has been virtually absent

sounds like a personal problem to me.

Oh, and Jack's whole
"you chose this... well they all did except you, you've been corrupted and I'm going to save you" switch in 5 minutes was pretty unconvincing

Of course it does, when you didn't care about the series (or good writting) to begin with you wouldn't notice what's wrong with the new season.

Problem is that the reason she "lacks charisma" is partially because she's been getting screen time, and partially because she's female.

But then Sup Forums pretending to know anything about decent writing to begin with is a joke.

>making this about gender

Why are you doing this? The west rarely ever does good female characters, but somehow Ashi gets a pass for no reason on doing a bunch of stupid shit.

>It's about Ashi and girl power and forced romance
Geez and I thought Sup Forums had issues with women

You act like Sup Forums hasn't been losing their shit over her being a female since back in episode 4, and "stupid shit" means literally anything.

He probably took her surviving as a sign.

I care enough to spend these LAST EVER 10 episodes of a childhood show enjoying them for what they are and appreciating what they do well.
Yes it has flaws, but if I spend all my time bitching about what a "hack" the creator (who made this season out of love and passion for it) is, then I'm only ruining the experience for myself and potentially other people.

She was the only one who actually was speaking to him, they were all trying to just murder him before that point.

>Problem is that the reason she "lacks charisma" is partially because she's been getting screen time, and partially because she's female.

>>Problem is that the reason she "lacks charisma" is partially because she's been getting screen time, and partially because she's female.

Because I don't want to recognize that this happened multitudes of times where characters never get developed because of time constraint and them usually only showing up for only one episode. I am autistic and I hate popular things.

They weren't, what the fuck? How can you call Sup Forums sexist when we there's constant threads on SU, Loud House and Star Vs? It seems that you are just creating a boogieman to deflect any criticism to Ashi's character.

>anything
She punched an Orc Army with her fucking skinny bitch arms.

He would kill people in self defense, but he's not going to execute a clearly confused tied up girl.

>Problem is that the reason she "lacks charisma" is partially because she's been getting screen time, and partially because she's female.

I'd post the powerpuff girls, but their new show was garbage

>implying raven's new show isn't garbage.

Because those are different shows with different fanbases? You're full of shit if you claim Sup Forums wasn't already upset at the notion of Ashi since episode 4. It's not about females in other shows, it's about this show where the idea is that it is supposed to be entirely focused on Jack and Aku. That isn't the same as something that had a major female character to begin with.

>She punched an Orc Army with her fucking skinny bitch arms.
If you want to go into that then I could play your own game and point to

>people who don't like a fictional female character are getting called sexist/contrarian/r9k/

Didn't we play this game 5 years ago? And again 2 years ago?

I honestly forgot that existed

Then I'd post Aya, but there's a better A.I.

>skinny bitch arms
yes design wise they are skinny, but as almost every episode has demonstrated, that girls got some serious arm strength.

at first, it was gonna be a movie, most likely no longer than 2 hours. movies based on shows normally include some new element, a new threat, a new supporting character. most likely no longer than 2 hours.

then genndy decided/was convinced to make a new season of 10 episodes instead, which helped him expand some of his ideas, flesh out some scenes, etc. we most likely wouldn't have gotten stuff like jack and the wolf, the great pacing on the scene with the tombs with just a movie, again, most likely 2 hours long.

this story was designed to jack FINAL journey. as far as i know, in no moment it was considered to make a new season just like the old ones. can you imagine if it does poorly in the ratings, genndy doesn't get a second season and we don't get an ending AGAIN? i command genndy for deciding to just finish his story instead of doing the same formulaic stuff all over and over without any kind of character growth, just look at the x files.

>10 episodes story arc meant to be the final step of jack's journey
vs
>10 episodes season where 9 is filler and maybe a final episode with an anticlimactic battle with aku

this season is the best option.

So now you are admiting that Sup Forums is mad at Ashi because she's joining a Solo story? What about hating her for being female and only for being female?

>If you want to go into that then I could play your own game and point to
Point me to an episode of Cybersix doing some Deus Ex machina shit against an entire army, please.

It's more people who don't like her and citing reasons that apply equally to the main hero, or are the fault of the 10 episode constraint.

I don't agree with your grammar, but I agree with your point.

Maybe you should actually go back and read because I literally said that to begin with. You just focused on the "partially because she's a female" part because that was convenient for you.

>Point me to an episode of Cybersix doing some Deus Ex machina shit against an entire army, please.
How the fuck is that any sort of deus ex machina? She's not doing anything that Jack hasn't done before or can't do. If she could do it then he sure as shit could since he's on a higher level than her. Hell the Scotsman's wife did something similar way back when.

>girl power

Yeah, it's totally "girl power" when the character spends literally their entire life training and STILL not only gets her ass kicked frequently by men but gets captured, bound, and hauled against her will while being spoken to like a child.

/r9k/ needs to leave

Just wanna back this up for posterity
episode 1
>while hanging by her fingers from a rock, her mom crushes her knuckles with a staff, ashi powers through and uses that one arm to propel herself 15 feet into the air with enough balance to land on her feet with a flip. She is also able to fire a bow in quick succession with lethal draw as she is scaling a wall.

episode 2
>swings what is essentially a blade on a chain with enough force to crush about 20 feet worth of stone
Episode 3- I can't think of a specific one off the top of my head
Episode 4- ditto because she's tied up the whole time, although she shows impressive leg strength
Episode 5
>Chucks a largely built human wearing a mech suit hard enough to cause an explosion.
Episode 6
>Uses a slab of rock larger than her whole body as a shied from a ghost with unknown strength(said stone splits down the middle before her grip gives out)

Tara Strong takes more time away from Grey DeLisle

>She's not doing anything that Jack hasn't done before or can't do
Except not only did Jack got more hurt ANY time he did something similar, had a sword and had to use the enviroment, but Ashi has been shown to be weaker than Jack.

The level of fanboism that would take to defend that fucking scene is off the charts, I don't understand how can anyone be okay with it.

I don't really care for tara's VA in general, but with ashi she feels more reigned in than usual. She doesn't sound all screechy outside of episode 3 and 4

Quality discussion as always, I'm glad the Samurai Tumblr, Tumblr you are really all Tumblr fandom isn't cancerous at all
Go back to Tumblr
Really, fuck off to tumblr

Not always. There have been cases of both. Also we didn't really see most of her fighting them anyway because it was just a "What she was doing while he was on a spirit journey" thing.

Fact of the matter is that she IS weaker than Jack. This has been well established. So basic logic dictates that if she could do it then he clearly could as well. I'd have thought her getting her ass kicked by the Omen and needing to be saved by Jack would have helped to mitigate the need to cry about girl power or whatever.

>human being jumping straight up higher than a sequoia: totally fine and reasonable
>human ripping apart army of robots with their teeth: no problem
>human(possibly not completely human because of unknown parentage) punching a bunch of canon fodder orcs to death: Unacceptable

Jack dealt with the robots one on one
She pushed hundreds of grown men fucking hundreds all at once
If you can't tell why that's bullshit then you are a retard

I didn't mention jack fighting robots in my post user.

>still making this about gender

You are making me cringe, we can agree on you having shit taste and move on.

What the fuck?

Don't fucking talk down to me you disgusting faggot

You're the one who keeps moving the goalposts every time you can't think of anything to further your argument. Her beating up some orcs really isn't that big of a feat but you can keep being mad about it.

Calm down user, you don't need to get so upset

>an entire fucking army and her master one after the other
>some orcs

Okay that's where I draw the line, I'll stop replying now, please kill yourself, by the way.

Sounds like you need a snickers bar, user. You get upset when you're hungry

>getting this mad
And this is why we are like the reverse tumblr.

>fortune cookie nonsense

How about I reblog your comment hu?
How about I tip you on fucking patreon Tumblr would you like that?
Do you want me to share your Tumblr with all the little memes you stole from across the web and renamed?
You are my favourite blogger
Please give me a shout
Please reply to me in your answer blog
I want to know how often you mix your anti depressants with alcohol
I want to get really involved in your life
How have you been doing lately?
Did you fix your issues with your mom?
Is your dog still sick? Have you tried givinging him any home remedies?
Did that hot guy from the building run into you again? How did you do at your college exams?

Whoops! Sorry to break it to you user, but Sup Forums doesn't really have those kinds of things :) but no worrys! there is a site where you can go do all of the activities you just listed and it's even encouraged! I hope you find yourself fitting in at tumblr as quickly as you arrive! have fun over there user!

Welcome to Sup Forums we have autism in all shapes. Also calling someone from Tumblr isn't that big of a deal it gets accused all the time with reddit.

How long until I can start pushing teenagers to suicide and then not apologizing after?

Is that a joke about something that happened with/on tumblr? Because I unironically do not go there.

>raven's new show

wait what

You should
You are the most Tumblr person who I have ever seen here,and people here come from tumblr

you're the one talking about donating to patreons and replying to blogposts m8.

Sorry to be the one to tell you this

Yes, you should go do that somewhere else

I don't do that anywhere. Why would I start?