Last Jedi adds another $25 Million in domestic box office

Last Jedi adds another $25 Million in domestic box office.

Why is it doing so well you guys? I thought you said it was a bomb?

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/robcain/2017/12/20/rotten-tomatoes-confirms-its-55-last-jedi-audience-score-is-100-authentic/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>over 70% drop
>well-known Star Wars IP
25 mill isnt good here.

>buh buh buh it’s dropping!
>buh buh buh that’s n-not g-good!
Oh shit! Sup Forums in full damage control mode now.

>Next Friday
>Star Wars adds another $500k to its box office
>That's more than you make in a year user
>I thought you said it would bomb
Why can't Disney at least hire decent shills?

Looks like your review bombing campaign didn’t work. This could be your greatest humiliation Sup Forums. People are laughing at you.

Salt. Pure, delicious, salt.

What is the most realistic total for this movie?

Slow crawl to an way Billion. Pretty damn good for the third consecutive Star Wars Movie in three years.

The Empire Strikes Back and Attack of the Clones both made less than Star Wars and The Phantom Menace did so this idea that The Last Jedi is a bomb because it is going to make less than The Force Awakens is fucking retarded but this is Sup Forums so I can't say I'm surprised

Oh no it's only going to make $1.5 billion instead of 2 how will Disney ever recover???!!!!11111!!!

That's less than Rogue One ($1.05 billion). How is that good? Especially when Disney pushed this more than the previous film. Solo will probably be their worst film yet and there isn't much to look forward to in Episode IX. Is there any hope for this franchise?

mouseshills are retards

Age of Ultron made 1.4 billion worldwide, yet Disney did reshuffles and Joss wasn't in charge of the franchise anymore because it didn't maximize profits and the reception was meh.

Kately Kennedy should be worried

We're talking 1.2 billion and loss of interest in anything Star Wars by 30-40% of the fans. Some people will stop attending other Disney products over this.

More /tv damage control. The salt, it’s so wonderful. Delicious and tangy.

Stats and figures pulled directly from your butt hurt ass. Glorious.

>The Empire Strikes Back and Attack of the Clones both made less than Star Wars and The Phantom Menace did so this idea that The Last Jedi is a bomb because it is going to make less than The Force Awakens is fucking retarded
Back in the 70s and 80s, sequels always made less than the initial film. That isn't the case anymore. And Attack of the Clones has always been universally agreed to be the worst SW films, so I don't know what you hope to prove by citing it.

Batman v Superman made money, user. Look at Justice League.

May I remind you that Solo comes out in half a year?

how is falling 500 million short a good thing?

Sup Forums status = REKT
Sup Forums status = BTFO
Sup Forums on suicide watch

Nu-wars Disney shills need to go back

The real question is where does Sup Forums go as a community now? You can only be wrong so many times before people stop paying attention to you. This latest debacle is humiliating.

Are you completely fucking retarded? It dropped more than fucking BvS.

It's a franchise killer.

Pure KINO

Bwahahahahaha!!! Oh shit that’s some nice salt. It will pass the three month LTD of BvS by Monday. Just over a week to beat BvS lifetime totals. DCucks absolutely destroyed! Bwahahahahaha!!!

Battlefront 2 sales dropped 60% compared to first one.

SW merchandise sales dropped 47% compared to R1 and 54% compared to TFA.

TLJ is doing 50% worse than TFA with BvS tier drop.

Yeah mouse shill, everything is fine.

Then it's on track to make less than half of TFA's second weekend AND it's already behind Jurassic World at this time in it's run.

Hilarious. Kennedy needs to get a boot. But it's too late to save the franchise anyways.

Sup Forums can’t come up with new memes. Sup Forums can’t manipulate public opinion with revue bombing. Sup Forums can’t pick winners and always backs losers like Blade Runner 2049. What a bunch of failures.

Wow, those numbers are really good. Way better than I expected. Especially for the third Star Wars Movie in three years. Kinda completely invalidates your whole point. Mind if I share that image?

>those numbers are really good

>says increasing panicking mouse shill

>nu-disneycucks are MCUcks
lmaooo

Can you remember how much damage BvS did to the DCU?
That's what Star Wars is facing now

>Those numbers are really bad.
>Says increasingly panicking but hurt Sup Forums-turd.
Nice Reddit spacing

LEL. Nice damage control turd. TLJ just outsold BvS in a week. Cry more.

>lol MoS still made good $ fucking idiots
>lol BvS still made good $ fucking idiots

How does it feel becoming the new DC?

>BEHIND JURASSIC WORLD
REXED

oh yeah well Black Panther is better than BvS so hah

>Wow, those numbers are really good
I know you're trolling, but you really are retarded.

> buh buh buh dee ceeeee!!

Imagine the retard posting this. It's probably some crying 15y old kid in SW shirt. This is below paid shills.

I can practically see you sobbing at your keyboard, desperately trying to convince yourself that three quarters of a Billion dollars in a little over a week is a bad thing. I’ve never seen anyone get so butt hurt over a children’s movie

they need to clean house at lucasfilm, get rid of kennedy and get rid of the all feminist nitwits on the star wars story group and replace them with men who are actually passionate about star wars.

Imagine the retard posting this. It's probably some crying 15y old kid in a Blade Runner 2049 shirt. This is below paid shills.

>WB sabotages their own movie in the reach for more money
>it backfires spectacularly
>Disney sabotages their own movie in the reach for more money
>its backfiring despite being the single largest IP in existence
>sony already dying for years
>Fox has just become a toxic tumor on Disney's colon

Are we going to see it?
Is there going to be a collapse of the big movie production studios?
Will newly-formed studios start taking risks?
Will we see the next film renaissance?

Listen.

It’s not hard to see what’s going on here.

You wanted this movie to fail and it didn’t.

You’re a bunch of little bitches and you got slapped right in your bitch mouth.

You literally got your shit slapped in front of the entire world.

And it’s just going to keep happening every single day for the entire run of this movie.

I know (You)'re fishing for (You)s but I'm going to post this for everyone else as to get a better idea of how this movie might end up doing.

The second weekend projection is $110 million, which puts this at $410 million after this weekend. The rest of the projection is based on how the other two movies did. The best scenario will be $700 million domestically. If we assume that number doubles from global markets (I'm being VERY generous here because it's probably going to perform even worse than TFA did in China), TLJ will be doing $1.4 billion overall. That's $600 million less than TFA did. The numbers are only going to get worse as time goes on, not better.

For reference, Age of Ultron made just $100 million less than the first Avengers and Marvel went through a fuckton of shake ups because of it, including Joss getting thrown out forever. If this ends up performing worse than Rogue One, Rian Johnson will never work in the industry again.

Hey guys. Can someone please post the lifetime totals for Blade Runner 2049? I would like to see how it did in comparison to the Last Jedi. Thanks in advance.

>It's a Share Blue consensus bombing thread

saged

>muh charts!
>muh graphs!
>muh butt hurt!
Imagine being this emotionally invested in the business of a kids movie.

>Way better than I expected.
But it's not. It's worse than ANYONE expected. Lol.

How much is Disney paying you? Because you are not doing a very good job here.

Bump.

Can’t you guys stop arguing for a moment and help me out here? You said Blade Runner 2049 was a good movie. So how did it do at the box office. Someone please post the totals.

Oh the irony.

I expected this to make 1.5b but it won't even pass Rogue One.

This. Disney's too big and too greedy to be satisfied with breaking even. They're pissed about this second Friday. I guarantee it.

It made $2049

He gets paid millions of dollars by a billion dollar company to influence the opinions of a small community of pedophiles who never pay for anything and watch cam rips while shit posting on Sup Forums. It’s pretty much a dream job.

TLJ is an okay movie marred by a slapdash production, which makes it appear embarrassingly bad on a superficial level .

Justice League is a film that has deep thematic and structural problems, that had a textbook "well oiled machine production", which makes it appear like a good film on superficial levels.

From a level of film criticism that matters Justice League is the worse film and history will look upon this era as a chapter when fans and critics switched roles: Critics only remark upon superficiality and "polish" where fans are more concerned with narrative, characterization, and a film's ability to resonate with the audience, even if they often lack the vocabulary to discuss these ideas intelligently.

>TLJ is an okay movie
Nah

>TLJ is an okay movie

Nnnnnnnnnnot so much.

TLJ is pure kino.

>TLJ is an okay movie
b8

TLJ had exactly two neat-looking scenes in the whole movie
Therefore it is not kino
Kino requires aesthetic excellence and emotional resonance. TLJ is an ugly, derivative and vapid movie with no actual effective emotional moments. Unless you count dissatisfaction as an good emotion.

Lol I love this argument.

>I-I-I can't find a g-g-good comeback
>ITS JUST A KIDS MOVIE user

TFA made $57 million on the same day.

>Get REKT because you’re a sales chart posting dweeb.
>Immediately start crying about it.

Box offfice numbers for a movie like that have nothing to do with it’s quality. Fans will see it over and over regardless.

How does TLJ have a good narrative, characterization, or resonance with audience?

I'd say narrative was the second weakest: 2/10
The story didn't move at all. The plot had several drawn-on 'climaxes' and there was no actual build up of rising suspense and interest, and there was no payoff at the end for watching. If you skipped this movie and watched the next one, what would have changed? the rebellion is still led by mary sue and is fighting the empire (or whatever) led by kylo.

The characters were the strongest at 3/10
What's memorable about these people? All I remember is ugly girl being stupid, kylo being halfway interesting but nobody just tried to solve a problem together, they all just did their own thing and it got them nowhere....

Which brings us to the resonance with the audience: 0/10
Failure, failure, failure. in empire luke and han have both failed, but there's reasons why they failed. it's part of who they are; they were told they were making mistakes (or we knew it was a mistake; han is in debt, luke is running away from his teacher half baked)

it's something we as an audience can see; these characters didn't make the sacrifices to be skilled. We can see that luke at least is shaken, and we're wondering: is he going to fall apart, or will he rally?

In TLJ where do the audiences relate? Are we all gifted magicians like mary sue? are we all selfish greedy idiots like kylo? are we rebllious kids with fighter skillz like poe? do we sit around doing mostly nothing like based black space man? these are characterizations, not characters, and they're characterizations... of children. it's as if they were written back at the dawn of recorded time, but even the greeks had a better grasp on sacrifice, folly, and just basic plot points.

this movie was gutter trash, dressed up in all the swag they could dig up to entice dumb viewers

>fan reaction is that is the single worst star wars movie
>movie basically does away with all the beloved star wars characters and themes
>basically half as much money as TFA
Yeah I don't see them rewatching it as much

How badly will Sup Forums react when this movie hits a billion dollars?

>muh fan reviews!

>user trolling because "news" sites are panicking their shilled product isn't getting universal appraisal and are actually using posts from Sup Forums, reddit and other shitposting websites as "evidence"
>if these "news" sites admit that there's a growing gap between """critic""" shills' praise and audience reception then there's no need for those shills to exist

I'm starting to lose faith in you guys. First you tell me that Blade Runner 2049 was a good movie. It wasn't. Then you tell me that Last Jedi is a bad movie. It's not. Give me one good reason why I should trust you guys any more.

>all the people who said they were doing the same things to the TFA rating
>but somehow TFA didn't bomb as hard...
REALLY MAKES YOU THINK

>Resorting to conspiracy theories.
Wow, that's pathetic.

no
fuck off and lurk more or go back to plebbit

Honestly people like you deserve a bullet in a brain, you're either a braindead corporate shill or a neurotic mess who gets off being a retard

Either way, you're a piece of shit. It's not ironic, it's not funny.

1.2 to 1.4

You sound upset.

>user posts a conspiracy theory
>gets called out
>no u

forbes.com/sites/robcain/2017/12/20/rotten-tomatoes-confirms-its-55-last-jedi-audience-score-is-100-authentic/
Hmm...

Look at me mommy I posted another bait thread

No )You( for you

That's a pretty good response for someone that has an IQ of 70

Yeah because all those positive review scores for the new Max Landis film are totally legit.

The current 2nd week projection is 75 tops, lmao

They probably are, user

>Meanwhile back at Disney...

That's less than half of what Force Awakens made on it's second Friday

Sure they are Max. Sure they are.

>Battlefront 2
wasnt that because of the whole microtransction fiasco or something?

Oh Sup Forums. Will you ever stop being wrong?

Unlikely.

>you're either a braindead corporate shill or a neurotic mess who gets off being a retard

You can really make that description shorter and just call him a millenial.

I'm not Max
I'm too burly and carnivorous

>thinking Sup Forums like Max Landis
Holy fuck you're new here.

The Oscar screeners are out. How do we bypass the mouse watermarks to watch them early too?

The Last Jedi won't cross $80 million this weekend

>hey guys hahaha I'm just pretending to have nothing of value to say, to be a mindless shill, to be a person with shit taste and no morals, hahahaha get it?

Why will no one post the totals for Blade Runner 2049?

I want to see how well it did compared to this movie.

Pure autism.

Lord of the rings came out every year and only got bigger each time. What's the next excuse?