Works his ass off on a cartoon 16 hours a day for almost four years

>works his ass off on a cartoon 16 hours a day for almost four years
>has to fight network interference every step of the way
>bunch of unemployed losers on Sup Forums who've never created anything in their life call him a faggot because he wouldn't show underage characters having explicit sex in a Disney cartoon of all things

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MKEfQGoviQQ&feature=share
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You ever heard of the chef fallacy? I am not a professional chef, so I can't complain when I get served lousy food in a restaurant.

Gravity Falls had a million problems, but lack of underage sex scenes was the least of them.

Stop making threads Alex

Alex plz.

>You ever heard of the chef fallacy?
No. However, I have heard of the "fatty can't stop making food analogies because he loves food so much" fallacy.

but Sup Forums likes Alex...

No but I have heard of the "calling everything that proves I'm wrong a fallacy" fallacy.

Why does Sup Forums hate this guy again? Everyone else seems to love him.

Overworking himself is his own fault. He should've trusted his team more or hired more competent people if he didn't think they could do the job.

Just because the foreman tries to build a house all by himself because he thinks his crew is doing it wrong doesn't mean shit if it falls apart after a few months. You don't get credit for working hard on a half-assed story.

>Absolute drunk
>dumps his hot and cool as fuck cosplaying gf for some frumpy bitch
>fights with Disney over petty shit
>50% of the scheduling problems came from him, not just Disney mismanagement.
>spat in the face of fans on a regular basis
>"why don't you like me, guise?"
>Disney originally wanted 3 seasons, but he caves under the pressure of production and only gives them 2, two years past deadline.
>boo, hoo, production is hard.

I have no sympathy for you, Alex. Now, don't you have a script for a crappy Pokemon movie to write?

>50% of the scheduling problems came from him, not just Disney mismanagement.
Source?

Hi, Alex!

i guess you can complain but it doesnt prove the chef is a bad chef because you dont know the circumstances that led to your shitty meal. or if it is always shitty

not to mention he promoted feminist propaganda on the show

>implying the problem with Gravity Falls was that there wasn't enough romance
>implying the problem wasn't that it was more gay romance shit instead of Twin Peaks for kids

What's the point of a spooky setting full of mysteries and monsters if you're going to spend 75% of the episodes with Dipper horning after a girl?

The backstory of the dish is irrelevant if it tastes bad. It's only goal is to be delicious and if it fails that, who fucking cares how it got to that point.

>works his ass off on a cartoon 16 hours a day for almost four years
>gets butthurt and spams threads about himself when a bunch of unemployed losers on Sup Forums who've never created anything in their life call him a faggot because he wouldn't show underage characters having explicit sex in a Disney cartoon of all things
Silly Alex. Gravity Falls finale sucked ass by the way.

You can blame his overly SJW new girlfriend for that. Season 1 of GF was fine, it got annoying once Dana joined the crew.

Yeauuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh

the point was it doesnt prove hes a bad chef because you had a bad experience.

holy shit the crypt keeper looks good.

>extra thicc

If anything, he listened to the shipping-fixated fans too much.

>call him a faggot because he wouldn't show underage characters having explicit sex
Sure, Alex, sure, that's why you are a fucking hack. Hack

It amuses me so much to know that Sup Forums will always be miserable because they're going to spend their lives concocting imaginary feminist conspiracies to explain every tiny problem they ever have.

is that the h3 skeletal

have you ever heard of the fallacy fallacy?

If you aren't able to judge a chef based on their work, then what else are you suppose to base it off of?

Even if the chef had "a bad day", that still reflects his reputation. And unfortunately, season 2B took too many hits of "a bad day" to justify it being an excusable thing and it being he actually just gave up kind of thing.

I have created things before
Just an hour ago I made the best tendies I ever had
Sometimes I make mommy cry because I'm really mean to her, that's like creating something right?
Oh, I also made up eating Skittles and m&ms together

>chef fallacy
just because you consume as much cartoons as you do food doesn't make them the same thing

shut the fuck up fatty

chef, writer, so forth, all art. Just because you didnt like your meal doesnt mean everyone else didnt either. Your chef fallacy is bologna my friend

>doesnt mean everyone else didnt either.
This thread is literally about how most of Sup Forums complained that season 2B sucked.

So I guess that means it objectively sucks by your own admission.

But it does mean that others either have shit taste or lower standards of quality.

could it not mean you (meaning the person who dislikes it) has shit tastes. or judges simple things with too high of standards for what they are.

you go to a shitty dinner and order a burger, it sucks but what did you expect.

you watch cartoons on a shitty shitty channel, it sucks but what did you expect?

>most of Sup Forums is somehow most of the American cartoon-watching pubilc now
goddamn that actually made me depressed to even jokingly imagine

oh no, how dare he!

Interference with what?
t. Sup Forums crossborder

Why do you hate free speech, user?

I doubt he loses much sleep over Sup Forums's opinion of him, since the show is still one of the most popular/successful cartoons to come out in recent years.

It just means we'll get less amusing trolls from him the next time we launches a project, like the fake McGucket spoiler.

I never said most of America, only most of Sup Forums.

OP never said most viewers either, only talked about Sup Forums.

but the guy actually has a point, one doesn't need to be an expert just to point out very obvious flaws in a product.

Sup Forums is retarded and hates everything, though

kek Sup Forums please

if anything its utter lack of interest and care with its female characters was actually a big problem and weakness, in practice the show was a fucking sausage fest for all the important characters. why do you think fujoshits went so nuts over it

What's the problem here

It's strange - seems like Alex pulled the reigns too tightly, and Sugar let the reigns go too slack. Each approach has left a negative impact on their respective works.

So you admit that the cartoon is shit. There's nothing to discuss here then.

Hi Alex! I'm guessing you're here stirring shit up because you have something in the works, right? Keep it up fampai.

I bet you thought there was nothing wrong Roadside Attraction and that Dipper deserved to suffer in that episode.

Looks Hirsch and his IDF are out in full force tonight. Alex, honestly, haven't you got better things to do? Like trying to reconnect with and fuck your sister?

If the cartoon really was shit (as in, from beginning to end) we wouldn't be discussing it outside of shitty cartoons threads. It's definitely flawed, and I could see it as being described as mediocre or even not good.But utter shit? Nah.

RA was a single shit episode and its biggest problem was it was some holdover from season 1 clearly rushed out/awkwardly wedged in there to what? give padding while they made the important plot episodes?

Episode before RA: "(huge Ford revelation) (world might end) Oh no if we leave the shack Bill will kill us!!! We have to stay in here to stay safe from Bill so he doesn't destroy the world!!"

RA: (everybody goes on fucking road trip) (Ford ceases to exist) (not a single fuck given about impending apocalypse during the whole ep)

That was a much bigger problem than some bitter ex-PUA's talking points they wanna rehash to death

Mostly the show clearly did not give a single fuck about its female characters and the show and plot suffered greatly for it. This impacted the whole show not just one all-over shit episode

wait he hired his gf?

kek

im admitting things are relative. realitve to the channel it was on, it was really good.

it was the delicious burger at the shitty dinner.

(gotta stick with the food analogy baby)

Are you saying children should be having sex in children's cartoons?

The show clearly gave a fuck about female characters. I feel that the writers' room just didn't know how to handle any of them. Almost all the veteran writers had earned their stripes on shows that were primarily male-driven. The neophyte writers had to deal with the general inexperience with any sort of characters. And when they do start bringing on more female writers/boarders they often had completely different priorities and concerns than the existing writers' room.

It was more of an unfortunate clusterfuck than the usual benign neglect or intentional avoidance we're more accustomed to.

Big deal, the Simpsons is no different. They've never really known how to write female characters either. Male writers have a hard time depicting female characters as anything but one dimensional sex objects or perfect, totally correct and never wrong entities.

It does seem that women are better at writing women (duh?)

Please post pics of the cosplaying gf and the bitch

Feminist try to fuck the world, fucking bitch

I like how /polr9k/ has devolved into total incoherence. Jesus Christ.

Cool strawman, bro.

At least one of the writers was an ex-Simpsons showrunner. Which really explains why some of those Season 2 episodes come across as warmed over late-golden age Simpsons plots.

Anyway, I'm not trying to make a conversation about the quality of the show. I was only trying to bring up possible reasons for why the show failed it's female characters.

I wonder how they would've fared if the female writers/boarders concerns and priorities were addressed differently.

Woman are incoherence, Man are pure logic...That´s why we choose Trump over crucked Hillary, a man is always better that a bitch

Comics and cartoons written by women are more likely to depict female characters in a negative light or critically, while men (as you said) like to just depict them in an idealized, one dimensional manner.

Marge and Lisa before Zombie Simpsons were actually pretty fantastically written

is that what calarts is really like?

That episode always rubbed me the wrong way. I mean seriously, the Lady practically confessed to killing potentially dozens of people for and they just ducking left it there. I mean I know it's a kid show, but what kind of moral lesson is it to just let a dangerous monster live to kill again when you can end it very easily?

Mate this bait is low energy is fuck. I will not let you degrade the Proud Sup Forums tradition of shitposting like this! Go the Fuck back and try again!

Not everybody can be Daron Nefcy.

I never thought Marge was that interesting, and of the main five characters, she got the fewest episodes per season, usually 1-2 while Homer and Lisa would get like 5 episodes each per season.

Or Craig McCracken. Or Genndy Tartakovsky. Or Danny Antonucci. Or Doc Hammer and Jackson Publick. Or hell, even Justin Roiland gets more consistent quality from his employees without having to redo all their work for them.

I am a woman...but please teach me senpai :3

Sasuke venom is best venom

I have a job.

>wow great job Alex keep it up proud of you

Lesson 1: How divisive is your opinion
The ideal bait should be a position that can spark shitstorm between two sides, or at the very least be defended semi-logically, not fully so, and requires others to attack it with walls of text. The point is to trick someone into thinking that it is a legitimate option rather than a shitpost. This can also be augmented by making your post long as fuck with words, words, words, even if the arguments wrong and disprovable, actually ESPECIALLY if they are wrong and disprovable. You're not trying to act like a person who would post such things, but like what others would expect such a person to be like, playing to their already existing hatred.

Your post used an extreme position without the accompying vitriolic and zealous rant one would expect of the kind of person who would hold that opinion, outing you as an obvious shitposter.

Mabel was never allowed to really suffer or mature because she's Alex's idealized sister.

He repeatedly described the show as a 'gift' to her. She really wanted a pet pig IRL.

You look lost.

>dumps his hot and cool as fuck cosplaying gf for some frumpy bitch
Stopped reading there.

Get over it, Manzifags.

She literally said Trump should have bombed Syria sooner, like she would've.

Is this really the Hill you wanna die on

at least he created that scavenger hunt which was easily the funniest shit I'd seen in a long time

I miss those threads

I didn't want to remember that.

Man, I kind of wish I saved some of those embarrassing Periscope.

Marge wasn't anything other than ironically funny at times, but lisa had some decent moments. She would get high and might then realize she was elitist. I don't even know what they have her doing as I dipped out after season 12. Which is sad because my childhood was spent watching the show after school.

Saying you can't criticize food served to you because you aren't a trained chef is the fallacy. You have it the other way around.

Fpbp

>works the ass off of his staff while he sits on twitter ranting about Drumpf, going to Cons to feel up underage Billette cosplayers, and hyping himself (not Gravity Falls in general) up in animation magazines and websites
>has to cut backroom deals with other networks for his exit strategy because Disney is mean and won't let him kill children on his TV-Y cartoon like big brother JUSTin gets to do :(
>bunch of hardworking winners on Sup Forums who've created plenty of stuff including content for Gravity Falls and devote their lives to animation call him a faggot because he literally is one with his obvious mannish girlfriend/beard, dragged Manzi to a gay club once, and allowed no other romance on the show other than two fag cops getting together

B O R D U R O Y

literally what?

On the topic (briefly, at some point):
youtube.com/watch?v=MKEfQGoviQQ&feature=share

Clear samefagging.

>I bet you thought there was nothing wrong Roadside Attraction
No it sucked. It was unfunny and preachy
>and that Dipper deserved to suffer in that episode.
he did though, yeah.

I'm curious now. Please elaborate.

>>works his ass off on a cartoon 16 hours a day for almost four years

Literally a lie.

And even if it wasn't that would only speak to Alex being a fucking retard.

Newsflash faggot, a good leader knows how to delegate responsibility. Burning out because you insist on making every decision yourself is not proof of anything but your own incompetence at showrunning.

Alex is a fucking hack, he would rather leave his opus unfinished than learn to actually do his job.

>"But muh pwecious creative control"

And that's not even speaking to the idea that Alex keeping an overly tight grip on shit likely led to many of the problems the show had, like Mabel being deified and thus never getting to have a character arc.

hard work is for chumps.

>16 hours a day

not worth it.

I think we've passed the point where people can have reasonable opinions about this show.

I don't have anything else saved about this, but during the treasure hunt organized by Alex for Gravity Falls, a girl called May took one of the clues after a few incompetent dudes searched a while for it. Then she tried to make it about herself, she could have posted it to the city where it was needed (to open a locker I think) but she decided to go there by car, stream the trip and reveal how horrible as a human being she was. Then there was the puzzle to put together and everything was awful. A display of incompetence and entitlement mixed with autism that makes you want to kill.

I actually agree with everything you're saying, but as a showrunner, you're slaving nonstop regardless of the circumstances. 12 to 16 hours a day is normal, even if you're coasting and not trying too hard at all. It's fucking brutal.

well, that's that. Sup Forums consists of angry words on a screen by anonymous people. None of this will actually reach him. They can bother him on twitter, and he'll just ban them.

The rage will flare back up when we get more news about that Detective Pikachu movie. It'll probably be good.

Have you ever heard the tragedy of darth plagueis the wise?

>Padippica didn't happen

HACK!

You've peaked interests now.
Is there more stories about this may fellow?