In celebration of Marvel turning to complete shit over the past year...

In celebration of Marvel turning to complete shit over the past year, post what you believe to be the best Marvel comic or run of all time.

I'll start.

Does this count?

Hickman's Fantastic Four.

>turning to complete shit
still not as bad as the 90s

every other answer is incorrect

I love the whole run, but the JRJR half is perfect IMO

Not the greatest, but one of my absolute favourites.

Only pic i have, but Punisher MAX

It's really hard to beat the first decade or ASM or the FF, imo.

>6 issues of "le crazy memes"
>"best Marvel comic run of all time"

Not even a fucking question.

Give it a chance, if you haven't all ready.

The writing wasn't anything special, but the presentation was 10/10 and I'm a sucker for competently scripted actions scenes in cap comics.

It really was crazy just how good that book was. Shame about what became of Viv.

This was way better than it had any right to be. I still haven't been able to read the lat issue.

So good that even The Comics Journal loved it, I think it was their #2 comic of the year

TCJ loves Ennis, they review everything he does. Hitman praised a lot by the crew there.

Claremont/Sienkiewicz New Mutants is amazing.

The objective answer is Miller's Daredevil.

Runner ups:
Punisher MAX
Lee & Kirby's Fantastic Four
Walt Simonson's Thor

I think Tucker Stone was the main Ennis fan, he doesn't write for them much anymore besides doing an end of the year list.

For awhile he was doing daily Punisher reviews on his twitter after buying a huge lot of random back issues.

toss in Fury MAX and this user has the right of it

This is the arc they want to base the movie off of.

Unironically Bendis' best 616 work.

Shame the MCU would never have the balls to do it.

his Daredevil is better

Dark Avengers has all the problems of his other Avengers runs and the art is literal garbage

Fuck you, this was GOAT.

Punisher MAX was already posted so I'll post my runner up, Ultimate Spider-Man #1-160.

Mark Waid's Daredevil

not even the second best Daredevil run

I respect it. I honestly feel you could make a case for Miller, Bendis or Waid.

>you could make a case for Miller, Bendis or Waid.
only one of those would be objectively right though

Remember when Brian Posehn reminded everyone that Deadpool isn't a meme spouting faggot?

Journey into Mystery: Kid Loki saga

honorable mention to Parker's Thunderbolts

I seriously hope you're kidding.

The only right answer.

The plots themselves weren't really anything new, but I thought that they were structured well. On top of that, I thought the dialogue was really great and often really fun. Some of those lines have stuck with me and will stick with me for years. Away from the writing side, I thought that the layouts, pacing, pencils, coloring, and atmosphere were so far above every other comic coming out of Marvel and DC at the time that it was absolutely ridiculous. It even eclipsed a lot of the all-time greats in those regards for me. Plus, I'm always a sucker for a comic that knows it's a fucking comic and uses its layouts to guide the eye instead of trying to be a TV show and devolving into page after page of boring, indifferently drawn dialogue scenes.

ANGR was cool too for similar reasons, btw. Insanely good visual storytelling.

>If I call something a meme, I'm disproving any notion that it's good!
Jam pencils up your urethra

Nah, son. What's your favorite Marvel run?

I remember when Remender did it first

Kinda cheating since I have multiple runs here, but every X-related book by Claremont between 1976 and 1991.

Prepare for a long-ass list of replies.

Yes, it does. I never got into it the way a lot of other people did, but it's still a really cool read.

I'm more of a Steranko guy when it comes to Fury, but Ennis's interpretation was still very compelling and the dialogue was fucking amazing.

Nigh-on perfect in every possible way right up through Born Again. Man Without Fear was a little too ridiculous for me at times but it was still a really cool comic and JRJR's art was excellent.

I never really delved into this era of Spider-man much. The 60s stuff and the JM DeMatteis run have basically been everything I've needed out of Spider-man, with Bendis Ultimate hitting some of those right notes too. I might check it out, though.

FUCKING BEARS M8/10. Loved it.

I never finished this run, but I did like what I read of it. Really unique. Spurrier is talented.

Man, I loved both Lee/Ditko and Lee/Romita on Spider-man. I couldn't get into FF as much but I definitely appreciate its influence.

Tom King is a cool guy who makes good comics. Loved this one. So refreshing and so damn sad.

I will. I like the art.

I read this on Sup Forums but I don't remember it at all oops

I forgot this existed. Never read it. Will check it out.

lol that cover

Really fun read overall. Some fantastic re-imaginings and loads of great character dynamics. Ultimate MJ was an ultimate qt. Plot-wise, it had its ups and downs. Mostly ups, though.

I never did read this one. Might correct that.

Adored this run. It's easy to make people laugh with Deadpool, but anyone who can play his manic personality for drama without it coming off as too heavy-handed is a damn good writer. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly is one of the GOATs.

I mean, it technically counts as one run because it was just one man's vision and the continuity was incredibly tight.

I'm so damn glad we got 15 years of Claremont, desu. Even if his dialogue is corny, his stories and characters are timeless. I'm not sure if he's my favorite X writer, but he deserves the position of being most fans' favorite.

I really should read more Ennis Punisher.

Thanks for my daily dose of feels, user

Pretty much this, at least modern Marvel books are nice to look at, there's almost no redeeming quality to the art of most of the 90s.

I recently bought this issue for 75 cents at my local flea market
Haven't read yet