Whatever happened to New Lobo?

Whatever happened to New Lobo?

Shrunken and being kept in a jar.

Trapped in an underground rapedungeon glass jar.

Nice fanfiction.

I didn't hate his design

Wasnt he basically slowly transforming into the old Lobo?

What was even the point of him? Like, he's no longer around, so he was obviously a failure, but was DC really expecting him to be liked?

Started to look like Danzig.

Not fanfiction.

>but was DC really expecting him to be liked?
Why else would they have Nobo defeat and behead Lobo the way they did?

Rebirth isn't canon. The DCU ended with the New 52.

>raped and then shrunken

JUST

Has there ever been a bigger waste of time of a character? A complete failure on every level.

He was introduced for synergy. Warner wanted something more palatable for movies, which is where nubo comes in. He was much more audience friendly than the Main Man was, and with a much more realistic design he would make for casting much easier. And marketable! Nobody wants to watch a middle-aged biker man in makeup. That just isn't sexy. Nobody wants an ugly protagonist.

A lot of the New 52's poorer decisions were done for brand synergy, to be honest. Giving everyone armor, the five year timeline, ect. all feels like it was done to align closer with how the movies were expected to turn out.

Rebirth walking away from all that stuff is a welcome change.

>Nobody wants to watch a middle-aged biker man in makeup. That just isn't sexy. Nobody wants an ugly protagonist.
Explain the Undertaker.

Please. These are the same dipshits who would coat the Thing in CGI so it looks "cool". The fact that Warner was willing to work with Legendary for King Kong vs Godzilla is surprising.

Sony exists so that Warner can feel better about itself.

Original Lobo jumped universes to kill him

Moar like the DCU ended with Flashpoint, and Rebrith started it up again

>dissing the Main Man
Drag you dick through a mile of broken glass you frag-head.

>Rebirth walking away from all that stuff is a welcome change.
Maybe but backpedaling is just as bad.

Who cares?

2cute4this3arth

Personally I'd rather the backpedalling than them continue forcing the bad decisions on us.

He died on the way back to his home planet.

They missed the point with him.

If they'd made him an over the top satire of 2000s comics, he might have had a chance. Instead, they chose to have him be Tumblr's idea of a sexy bad boy. It flopped, old lobo had fans, now he's gone.

I heard Bunn did okay with him. I'm not sure if that's true, but he crossed over with Sinestro so by fuck I'm going to end up finding out.

Also, has the real Lobo's Red Lantern ring been brought up? Or been remembered at all?

He wasn't dissing Lobo, he was explaining marketing's rationale.

Rebirth feels like Johns is flexing his producer power to kick marketing in the ass and set the entire ship on the right course.

Granted, we've got at least a year left to see where this is all going, so who knows.

Me neither. He's fine, just don't call him Lobo. It's not like DC has enough space characters who aren't GLs. They need to repurpose him and stick him in a book as a side character/potential adversary.

No, it isn't. They're fixing mistakes.

The comic was meh-tier, but the crossover with Sinestro was pretty cool. Also Red Lanterns showed up near the end of its run and it was okay too.

Real Lobo's red lantern ring is looong forgotten and nothing ever came out of it.

>Taker as Lobo

I want it. Even though it'd be terrible I want it.

Nubo was as much of a cliche of modern comics as Lobo was of the 90s the problem was that Nubo took himself seriously, or rather the writer took him seriously.

Having read this; What happened to Emperor Penguin? Was that a fever dream or does everyone else remember when DC tried to make the Penguin more like his Gotham counterpart that girls are swooning over?

Nigga what?

I begin in N52 BUT I prefer the old Lobo...

Sometimes I wonder... am I the only one who like him?

We never saw the fight, who knows, how Nubo beheaded him. Also funny, how Lobo was able to grow back his head after Rebirth, but not before, while his healingfactor was ONCE so strong, that he could regenerate his whole body out of a trop of blood. Bunn just never read a lobo-comic and paid the price. 13 issues and a while fanbase who hates him. Good one, yer silverased bastich.

Why is Original Lobo so hot?

I still wish they went with Bunn's original idea of a duo with the two instead of forcing him to push Nubo.

Momoa would be a good Lobo, or atleast the closest, but hes Aquaman. No need for too much cgi, marvel does it for jondu, Drax Gamora and co pretty solid....but okay. We are talking about DC here...

Because you secretly want space biker Rob Zombie to fuck you in the ass.
Don't deny it we've all seen your fanfiction.