Elseworlds Stories

I love this stuff. I think it's really one the things that differentiates DC from Marvel. They have these amazing isolated stories, and such unique takes on existing characters.

I only wish they would release more of them in collected editions.

Stuff like Batman/Houdini and Batman: Nevermore has never been collected.

So why doesn't Marvel do elseworlds? Is it because they're scared of a really successful idea that aren't integrated into canon? Like there's a ton of really successful ideas that were integrated into canon one way or another, and couldn't stay separate.

>Old Man Logan
>The Maestro
>Black Nick Fury
>Miles Morales

Probably some more I'm not thinking of, Marvel has a problem leaving well enough alone.

Speeding bullets.

Older i get the more i prefer stand alone universes or alt universes.

What if as cheap stories for fanboy, fun, quick irrelevant stuff, DC elseworlds were done as premium more expensive books, most is still shit. Superman and batman are archetypes well beyond other characters so they work great in other settings, Marvel tried and had a few good elseworlds like earth x or that one story Gaiman did so marvel would pay for his lawyers against spawn guy over the rights of. Miracleman.

dont they have like 10 deadpool kills every body comics?

>So why doesn't Marvel do elseworlds?
They do "What if" and call it a day.

All time favorite non canon story is Batman year 100, Paul popes best D.C work shame no one talks about it

I really suggest JLA: Secret Society of Super-Heroes. Great book that should have been a little longer, that way it could have really caught on.

They do What Ifs instead

Help me identify an Elseworlds story, bros. I remember this one being storytimed several years ago:

>gothic horror story where Batman is a criminal or something who is visited by demons and empowered by them to become a superhero vigilante with a bat motif
>Robin is a little kid who idolizes him and is visited/possessed by some sort of angelic creature who gives him the power to become his sidekick

Does it sound familiar to anyone?

Still waiting on that Red Son animated movie.

I'd rather have a new, original movie like Gods and Monsters.

I'd rather they stop making movies because all of them since War have been mediocre to garbage except the Batman 66 one

Possibly Batman an Demon: A Tragedy

>Marvel doesn't do Elseworlds

What the fuck do you call Marvel 1602?

Return of the Caped Crusaders was the best Batman movie of the year.

And it came out the same year as Killing Joke, let that sink in.

they're great, I wish they happened more often

No his best dc is omac

Superman & Batman Generations is pretty fun. It's basically what if Bruce and Clark were Highlanders.

They do elseworld type stories but they do What Ifs more often (or at least use to, I think it's been awhile). Those typically have more to do with specific storylines (What if Jean Grey had Lived, What If the Alien Symbiote Possessed Spider-Man, etc.), where Elseworlds are often taking familiar characters and twisted them into a new setting (Old West Justice League, Steampunk Batman, etc.)

I liked Adam Warren Elseworlds Titans