The Moment the DCU Died

It wasn't COIE, even though that shat on years of continuity and classic team-ups
It wasn't Zero Hour, even though that felt like a pathetic cashgrab
It wasn't Infinite Crisis, despite what an edgy, horrible abortion it ended up being
It wasn't The New 52, despite how dreadful that lame 90's throwback was

It was this, THIS right here is perfectly representative of the lack of artistic integrity in DC nowadays, THIS bullshit

When Marvel became a joke I didn't care as much because DC was always historically better, with classics like Green Lantern/Green Arrow, Camelot 3000, Dark Knight Returns, The Sandman, and oh yeah, WATCHMEN

This is horrible. I don't know how Geoff Johns manages to sleep well at night.

>caring about continuity and events rather than contained stories
Go read some Identity Crisis, faggot, that's what you deserve.

Keep crying.

Oh yeah, forgot Identity Crisis, that's another moment when DC nearly died

Lol.

Not an argument.

i like it. what are you gonna do about that?

>it's a "Watchmen is a sacred cow" poster.

I hope the climax of Rebirth is Superboy-Prime killing all Watchmen characters.

For future bait threads, I would recommend putting less effort into your post. Even better, don't post at all

Nothing but pity you.

>I'll be as petty as possible, that'll show him!!
Don't you have school tomorrow?

Camelot 3000 was pretty mediocre though.

i want to see this now

Not an argument.

I'm dead serious.

>Literally just the button and the implication Manhattan might have created the DC multiverse after Watchmen
>No Batman soloing Manhatten
>No Minutemen vs Justice League
>No crossover of any kind
>Just the fucking button and flashpoint fuckery
Kill yourself

t. tasteless shitter

...for now. Do you really think this won't end with the Justice League fighting Manhattan or some stupid shit like that?
>buh-buh-but Johns said that wouldn't happen
And how many times has that balding faggot lied again?

Never.

It just Dr M and Dc.

Honestly the most I could see would be Manhattan talking to Flash about how he influences things and nothing ever ends as a lead in to Thrawne being the villain of the next Flash arc. They have no reason or means to fight him considering he one shitted a speedster for fucking with time travel. All the crossover will do is confirm the theory that Doc is responsible for the DCU which doesn't really do anything to Watchmen since it ends with him saying he was going to go create life anyway

And what's the source for that? Your ass?

You are being waaaay too optimistic.

Don't care. It was worth it.

I dunno. What's your crybaby?

for action comics 1000 its gonna be Manhattan and supes getting coffee together and its gonna be comfy

Why are you so booty-blasted, OP?

>this is your brain on pre-K cartoons

Goddamn OP, if you don't like it don't read it. Nobody's forcing you to pay 3.99 for the issue.

I get that some things make people so angry that they go out looking for other people who are angry as well, but for real stop complaining.

>I only like serious comics for serious adults like me

>Manhattan and supes getting coffee together

Someone please draw this. On a serious note though this is sort of how I think it'll end up being. Dr. M and Supes meeting each other and having a conversation, perhaps an ethical/moral debate of sorts. Also Batman out-preptiming Adrian.

There's more than the two extremes.
And being "edgy" is in no way worse than being, say, the horse show.

It's still a really lazy way to drive up buzz about Rebirth. Batman 21 was super lazy too.

>watchmen used a 9 panel grid so we should too because button and

I'd want Prime to kill Harper Row first.

Stop acting like Watchmen is some pure work of art that can never be revisited or touched on. The original story will always be there, at least they're having fun with it and treating it in a thematically appropriate manner (using it as a representation of the grim dark 80s and 90s that has lead to all the fun getting sucked out of superhero comics)

You're the retard blathering absolutes

Who cares?

>t. Alan Moore

A blo blo blo. You are an old man that barely gets an erection and your life has been broken by this? Get fucked Marvel Intern.

Lmao@urlife

Oh shit. This would start a shitstorm like none other. Do It, DC, fucking do it.

Fuck I want rebirth to end in a PRIME TIME beatdown now. user why would you do this.

>Identity Crisis
that's a good book and fuck you if you don't like it.

''who would benefict???'' I have that shit in my head since I read that scene

Isn't she ignored by pretty much everyone?

If she dies, it'll make Roy Harper die too

I agree but Sup Forums has frothing at the mouth hatred for it.

The best universe is the one we can't access any more.

You probably thought Civil War was a good story.

>not an argument

You haven't made any arguments either, you're just flapping your arms and crying about something based off of weak, pessimistic inferences.

I agree with you it gave us so many great stories as a result and the story itself although not as strong as the other crisis events was still a really good event. The only stuff I didn't like were the parts that involved boomer

hot damn am I glad she fizzled
Now we just need Bluedong to vaporize Duke in a heroic moment and we're on our way

And that's why you are getting PREEMPTIVELY mad at DC or POTENTIALLY doing something you MIGHT not like?
Holy hell, do you even read what you type?
That's not a healthy way to enjoy media, user.

Oh shut the fuck up OP. DC is treating watchmen with more respect than Moore showed any of the characters in Lost Girls. And another thing if any other publisher had the rights to Watchmen they would have used them decades ago.

Get Moore's dick out of your mouth. He mad his living off using other people's characters

why are some anons so pissed about Watchmen being in this event

Rorschach joins the Justice League would piss them off more.

maybe even give him a girlfriend

Go back to bed, Alan. You're drunk.

they read it as an undergrad and google says its the best graphic novel ever even though its a limited series and not a graphic novel "pls take my funny books seriously"

Marvel characters=new hotness
DC's big characters=old and busted overpowered dinosaurs from a bygone era that should be put out to pasture

No wonder DC has to resort to such gimmicks to get people to care about their comics.

Batman, Wonder Woman, and Superman are cultural icons up there with Santa, Jesus and Dracula. People might not know much about them, but they'll know who they are. Their movies and comics will generally make some money, but that doesn't mean they have a good chance of being universally praised or even well liked.

Dracula is a great example comparison, movies with him don't make lots of money just because people know who the character is. There's a difference between saying everybody knows who it is, and everybody cares, and people who defend Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman seem to often confuse the two.

The big DC characters almost all come from a time when people didn't care about making good characters just beings with powers, origins, and costumes that seemed neato. Stan Lee came along with Marvel comics and was able to learn from their past mistakes and make better characters that can be better adapted for tv and movies and be able to more easily create good stories, comics, movies, and tv shows.

DC characters are only better known in the West due to having a head start. Marvel characters have been fundamentally constructed to be more amenable to being a part of great storytelling.

Luckily, many DC characters will enter the public domain in the coming couple decades so Marvel can adapt the characters and make some good comics and movies.

wew lad

that's a lot of butthurt for one post

What happened to the Fantastic Four?

Why are you posting 20 year old sales figures?

What respect you faggot?

This is a gimmick, fuck you, Johnsfags are retarded, no one involved is talented enough to justify the use if those characters. It's a started in a stupid way, and linked it to a shitty cheap event called Flashpoint. Watchmen isn't a sacred cow, the problem with before watchmen was that most of the work was shit, watchmen 2 now will never happen thanks to Johns being Incapable of saying no to an executive mandate of profit with said characters, DC didn't need Manhattan involved for this story for anything other that clickbait, we had Morrison's pax americana, captain atom/monarch and Krona. But no, let's use Manhattan, probably with his dong censored. Johns is a hack and anyone defending this shit is a corporate shill that doesn't care about storytelling or quality, just cool spreads and OMG moments. Fuck you.

HIS GIANT DICK IS GOING TO APPEAR IN THE BUTTON THIS WEEK user

I don't think anyone can be this stupid it has to be bait

Butthurt Johnsfag. Darkseid war was horrible, why would anyone have hope for this?

>Rorschach joins the Justice League
THIS
Forget about the gf... in the new dc and marvel era every major characters is an asexual dork... talking to you parker.

>Butthurt Johnsfag
i'm a smug Johnsfag enjoying my fun comics and the pain it's causing you

>Alan. drunk.
have you ever heard of a pleonasm?

Um no it wouldn't. The two have literally nothing to do with each other. Fucking casual.