Kill Six Billions Demons

>The first two arch-devils here are Bethanderian (crab-like creature) and Astarion (four winged devil). They are not part of the inner court of seven, but the outer court of thirteen. Yawmga (the meditating man) and Loabarrisleb (the many eyed one) are part of the inner court and far more powerful

“Prince Kassardis struggled mightily to rid himself of his pursuers, for despite what the Very Wise Frog had told him, he still held within his heart the vain hope that the peaceful land of Samura existed and he would someday find himself upon its gleaming shores, free of his wives and throne.
First, he fled the road, and spying a low and reeking gully hurled himself therein. There, the mud and brambles were so thick that he could barely move, and the fetid water was choked with the corpses of animals that had become trapped in the muck. Thick clouds of flies bit at Kassardis as he struggled heroically onward, until at last he heaved himself from the mud, his trail almost completely invisible, and made for higher ground.
Indeed, when the clever and keen Vastoki came upon Kassardis’ trail disappearing into the gully, she was taken aback by his cleverness. But with her specially made eye-glasses, Vastoki’s eyesight was keener than a hawk’s. She picked out the shining pieces of thread from Kassardi’s silver waistcoat clinging to the brambles, and was back on his trail in scarcely an hour, her fellow wives close behind.”
– Tales of the Silver Prince

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/UsC8RBipwOI
youtube.com/watch?v=T5UF6ashzkw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is Loabarrisleb an off-colored Ebon, an aberrant Blue, or an Pale with an off-colored mask?

ebon
abbadon says they vary quite alot

>An Ebon struck the Gog King's Imp.
>Right in front of her.
>After Allison is already good and outraged by the ride down.

Yeah, I expect something to get SMOTE.

the angel demon thing has eye nipples

>hey my eyes are... oh, wait, carry on

I assume it could be their salvation. If Allison shows off the goods the devils will see that Cio came back with a good reason. Plus I wanna see how she controls it while being under Incubus' influence.

R.I.P in pieces of lightning burnt red paste my demon dude.

I wonder if Asterion is wearing an Angel's armor.

Or an Angel.

Eyes on the inside

Considering Ebon Devils are the truest coherent shape they have, it's no surprise some can emulate the true shapes of angels, being both creatures of void despite being from different flames.

what i wanna know is why her mask isnt anywhere close to black

SMACK MY BITCH UP
youtu.be/UsC8RBipwOI

Ebons just vary a lot, I mean Loa looks almost identical in color to a blue. On that note, Beth confuses me because I'm not sure which mouth is doing the talking.

Ebons seem to vary a great deal, it's entirely likely the mask is the neck wrap or hidden behind the wings. The "mask" of an Ebon doesn't actually have to be a face it seems.

was there a guide for all these guys names because I dont remember one

it's the alt text of the latest page, just hover over the image or right click and view image info

Ebon doesn't actually refer to the mask like the other colors do.
It is part of the "Bloody Blackened Name" which refers to the demons true form/ true embodiment or the black flame.
That is why the crab is red, the fallen angel is grey and Cio was purple.

somebodies wearing this inspiration on their sleeve with this fella

>tfw Abby will probably give me more more closure on the abyssal serpents through character inspiration than memesaki ever will.
Feels bad man

Kill six billion demons you say? How would Doomguy fair in this setting and do the demons in this world have any basis in real world religions?
t. Just a guy passing through

>How would Doomguy fair in this setting
I don't know much about Doom Guy. I hear he has a pretty big gun so he'd probably do alright.

>do the demons in this world have any basis in real world religions?
No.

Isn't doomguy like a cosmic force made by "God" but not truely a good aligned angel?
That would make him a Thorn or Petal knight and be pretty much a walking hazard zone.

Doom guy would be screwed. He's a great warrior but the magic in this universe screws with physical laws.

Abbadon has stated several that even more technologically advanced civilizations than earth (which supposedly do exist in the wheel) still can't hold a candle to those who wield the Art.

>He's a great warrior but the magic in this universe screws with physical laws.
That only comes into play with the real top dogs like the Seven. Must of the pursuers don't do much more than martial arts as brutal as they may be at doing it. In general Doomguy would do alright.

I'm pretty sure any named character we see practicing a martial art would be considered magically superpowered by real world standard. These dudes live alongside demon's and shit, they're not learning Tae Kwon Do.

I doubt that a member of the inner court would go down that easily.

What's the biggest demon in this series, size wise?

If you don't count angels and devils maybe. I mean, Doomguy would go for the devils.
>martial arts

12 year olds attending McDojo's in Throne can pull off Olympic-level acrobatics, kill men with a single blow, and punch through walls

Well it's not like Doomguy goes around fighting prancing school girls either.

Mammon is something like Godzilla sized and also one of the seven godkings of the multiverse.

>do the demons in this world have any basis in real world religions?

Not really, the demon world is a mish-mash of mostly asian and middle-eastern ancient religions. Its all made up but has a theme of hindu-buddhism to it.

Besides Mammon, this might be the biggest we've seen. Huge enough ?

These areall ebons. There's not such things as an off color devil. They can really look like anything. Especially the ebons.

>what are imps
That's the closest you'll get in nu-DOOM. [/spoiler]doom 2016 was my first DOOM game[/spoiler]

>How would Doomguy fair in this setting
Nothing has shown up in the comic that The Doom Slayer hasn't dealt with thousands of times before. The dude bitch slaps the entirety of Hell and its legions on a regular basis.
This comic would be over by now if he were the main character.

That would be such a horrifically bad idea. Not that Allison is above bad ideas right now but even with her newfound confidence it would still be hard for her to contest with these devils. Especially all at once.

>This comic would be over by now if he were the main character.
Jagganoth.

heh

You guys also seem to be forgetting that The DOOMSLAYER also killed most of the generals of hell and the Titans.
Pic related. That skull back there. Doom Guy killed him.

Oh, Amygdala, have mercy on the poor bastard!

Doomguy would do okay. Even if his current armor and weapons weren't up to snuff which they probably would be to a reasonable level, he would probably use enhanced weapons and armor and be relatively unstoppable.

While pretty true of entire civilizations, that was against the demiurges who wield god like power. There is power armor in the K6BD universe and it can give you an edge. Really the most important strength in this universe is will and Doomguy definitely has a lot of it.

Is a mother fucker about to have to go GOOD HUNTER on some bitch ass?

I am thankful somebody saved my shitty edit.

The Titan.

>"None could stand before the horde but the Doom Slayer. Despair spread before him like a plague, striking fear into the shadow-dwellers, driving them to deeper and darker pits. But from the depths of the abyss rose The Great One, a champion mightier than all who had come before. The Titan, of immeasurable power and ferocity. He strode upon the plain and faced the Doom Slayer, and a mighty battle was fought on the desolate plains. The Titan fought with the fury of the countless that had fallen at the Doom Slayer's hand, but there fell the Titan, and in his defeat the shadow horde were routed."
-Slayer's Testament V

That's cool and all but Jagganoth is completely physically invulnerable. Doom Guy is fucked without hella magic.

Jagganoth is literally invincible so it's not really fair. Doomguy would probably be up there power wise. Maybe about Maya level at prime.

Basically this.
Hell in DOOM has actually called shenanigans on the Doom Slayer's antics.

I bet the red sigils above their heads are their true names.

No, angels don't work that way in KSBD. It's likely just an unusual Ebon.

>and in his defeat the shadow horde were routed
Does this imply that Doom Guy not only fought the titan, but also an army of demons at the same time?

kek and bump

And he is huge. Which means he has huge guts.

Considering the fact that the Doom Slayer tore up Hell so goddamn badly that the only demons we see in Doom 2016 are basically limited, low-level ones; slaughtered titanic demons with ease, and generally made hell actually feel true horror and fear for the first time since its creation? I'd say he'd do alright in Throne.

Sauce, btw: youtube.com/watch?v=T5UF6ashzkw

I always imagine their battle like the one in One Punch Man where he just effortlessly kills the house of evolution's biggest and strongest guy, its hilarious.

That's perfect

>completely physically invulnerable
>literally invincible
Hell said the exact same things about The Titan.
And the Cyberdemon.
And the Spider Mastermind.
They are all dead now.
He would find a way.

Ok I'm not saying that Doom Guy by himself straight out of his universe would stomp everything in KSBD, but is it really so crazy to think that he wouldn't just upgrade himself with magic and crazy-ass weapons or other shit he found? I mean there are powerful humans that live in this world who started out WAY weaker than he currently is.

He did, actually. His armor ABSORBS Hell energy or "magic" and makes him stronger. It was forged by a heretic demon for him.

Well hell was clearly wrong on those since they had life bars. Jagganoth doesn't have a life bar as he is enhanced by feathers from the angel second to god. How has Doomguy fared against angels?

That is goddamn beautiful.
>The Titan rises up from the darkest pits of Hell to vanquish the Doom Slayer
>Doom Slayer just BFGs it in the kneecap and it topples and breaks its neck

Well the deal here isn't some poetic hyperbole it's more like a rule.

That sounds dumb.

Abbadon has said this comic is all about the breaking of cycles and of the "rules", hasn't he?

That's just hell though. Unless there's something in there about angels but I'm not going to watch that whole video. I'm not saying Doomguy couldn't figure it out but Jagganoth is untouchable by weapons. Bullets and blades curve away from him. Titans can be hit with bullets I'm sure.

ITT: Autistic powerlevels

Look closely, the crab legged one's "face" is surrounded by a gaping jaw. They're like fucking bobbit worms with their false heads, it's so cool.

I really like her hair.

>I'm not gonna watch the video
Then you don't get the part where the highest order of angels -the seraphim- blessed him with "terrible speed".

Also, motherfucker has killed some extremely high-level demons that were all considered indestructible. I doubt Doomslayer would even go for anything that's NOT a devil, anyway. So the argument about Jaggs is pointless.

>all this discussion
I got your synapses moving didn't i boys?

>Wheres da mask man?!

I kind of agree, while the whole color coating and mask thing is REALLY cool from a world building perspective, it's REALLY limiting on how you can write and design your characters. So it just seems like Abby has deigned that rule of cool takes precedence when it comes to ebons rather that the whole mask thing being a core character design trope. Which is probably for the best.

Jaggs would squash him, though. No doubt.

Then he's probably on par with a high level angel like 6 Juggernaut Star. Many of the strongest beings in K6BD are wielders of "terrible" powers. I really don't think he'd be able to do anything against Juggernaut. And if Doomguy were to show up in throne he wouldn't need to kill only devils really as a lot of devils are relatively okay and not truly evil. He'd probably go after the demiurges since they are truly evil. I don't know how he'd fare against a demiurge. Really we're comparing mythical level beings so it's like wondering if Helius could beat Quetzelcoal.

Yep. Also in general it seems "ebon" just means "dark" since we've seen lots of different colors of ebon mask but they're all just dark. Ebons are close to the raw black flame so their masks are kind of fading.

The real question regarding The Doom Slayer and K6BD: Why would DS care?
What about Throne would he give a shit about?
Its clearly fucked up politics? Fuck that.
Hell isn't actively invading, so it's not something he'd care about.
Fuck the demiurges, fuck the angels, fuck all of it.
He'd make for the nearest way out.

They are invading though. Maybe not his planet, but it's only a matter of time.

Depends if he cares about only the humans on his own planet. Humans from lots of different worlds are getting fucked all the time.

I'm not sure I understand Royalty in this setting, but wouldn't Doomguy be Royalty?

He'd come in Royal right off the bat.

>so it's like wondering if Helius could beat Quetzelcoal.
Who?

gods

Doomguy is literally a dude that killed so many demons that over time their essence and blood just made him into more of a force of nature. It is hinted that Doomguy is to demons what demons are to humans, and that he is fueled by their fear.

The best part? It all happened on its own! Doomguy just goes through killing demons, ripping and tearing them apart without care for more complicated things like long term goals and etc beyond "Kill all demons".

I just realized that if DG existed in K6BD he would probably be Zoss. Guy was a badass who forced godhood just by continuing on his course. Guy eventually just got so strong he left causality and outgrew creation.

Hell Zoss literally ripped his way into Throne and then started ripping and tearing through the angelic hosts with just a giant sword and his own badassness.

Zoss is DG and DG is Zoss.

Nah. He may have achieved royalty or is close to it but he's no Zoss. There's a lot to Zoss that makes him who he is. Zoss is a warrior/philosopher/wizard/scientist and we have probably only scratched the surface of his character.

if doomguy achieved royalty (and he totally would in KSBD) he's done something zoss never could

Abbadon sais that Zoss is the closest to Royalty that anyone's ever gotten. Really nobody's achieved royalty even though the comic states a few people that have achieved it. It doesn't seem to be just one thing that you can suddenly attain and then be. Plus a lot of the comic and lore is just lies or embellishment.

Maybe Royalty is like CHIM from the elder scrolls games. You can achieve it, but by achieving it you realize you are just part of a dream of a godhead and 99% of the time you fade away as your sudden realization that you don't exist combined with your sudden ability to completely control reality causes you to "zero sum" and delete yourself.

Maybe Zoss is trying to be the first to achieve Royalty without actually becoming one with everything in the universe and thus retain his "I" and his "One" while also being part and in control of "all".

I think it's probably very close to that since Abbadon is a huge TES fan which got him into Hindu and Vedic myth. I think when we actually start to learn more about Zoss it's going to be very interesting and change the nature of how we think of things.

Like what? Zoss went to Throne by his own means, kicked the asses of angels so hard they went back to their place crying, followed them there and continued slapping them to the point some haven't reincarnated yet, and then he bullied Metatron into giving him the Names, and then he ruled a bit before giving some power away and pulling of what seems to be a cosmic master plan. I'm not sure what Doom Guy could do more, even if I respect the man. I mean, Zoss pretty much did everything already.

That's interesting, considering apparently both Zoss and Jadis saw the shape of the universe (or whatever it was called) and Jadis is now encased in a block cause she couldn't handle it.

>Like what?
zoss can never achieve royalty because he directly seeks it

We also have to think that "No one has become Royalty" from the prospect of Yis-Un and we know that faggot is All centered enough to see someone achieve Royalty and say "No, I'm real royalty and you aren't even close."

Zoss didn't see the shape of the universe. He became the shape sort of. It's not supposed to make any sense.

Oh fuck the goat demon with wings is cute

CHIM and seeing/understanding the shape of the universe are more or less the same thing in both TES and KSBD; it's a huge step but it doesn't make you royalty on its own.

I suspect Royalty has much more in common with Amaranth.

user means Helios, one of the sun guys

There are a few different spellings

Royalty is achieved without seeking it, Royalty is being rather than doing. Doomguy would achieve Royalty in K6BD I bet because he doesn't care about Royalty he is simply determined to kill all demons and rip them apart. He doesn't let anything stop him, he uses his Want for their deaths to destroy them all. He doesn't seek to be better, to rule, or even to be looked up to. He simply NEEDS to kill all demons and refuses to let them stop him.

I feel like he would be even closer to achieving Royalty than Zoss. Zoss from my understanding is trying to bootstrap himself into Royalty, and is doing a decent job of it because he is already so strong and so many things, but he is also destined to fail because he is seeking Royalty.

Part of me wonders if Zoss is setting Allison up to achieve Royalty by helping her walk down the path without wanting or meaning to.

CHIM isn't understanding/seeing the universe though. It is literally coming to the understanding that you are a program in a machine playing a video game. In universe it is explained that those who achieve CHIM realize they are just a figment in the dreams of a sleeping godhead, and that they suddenly gain incredible power by becoming a lucid part of that dream. The problem is that the first epiphany that this incredibly powerful entity achieves upon gaining their powers is the sudden and certain knowledge that they don't exist. This causes the user to "zero sum" and delete themselves from existence.

Only a relative few are able to achieve CHIM, realize they are part of a dream in a god head, and realize that they DO exist because they are part of that dream and thus exist within the scope of that dream, but because they are now a lucid dreamer they can control the dream however they want.