Who else is going to have the annual LOTR Christmas Marathon?

Who else is going to have the annual LOTR Christmas Marathon?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aVMq7ynj_64
youtu.be/EmTz7EAYLrs
youtube.com/watch?v=PSRfHizrDoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=WoAE15gtEzg&t=298s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Me and my Chinese wife

It's 12 hours man. I did it once and barely survived

Personally marathoning these things only reminds me how much more I like fellowship than the other two, so I don't really enjoy it.

>It's not Christmas until you do the LOTR extended edition marathon

coziness feel ever

i'm not a kid anymore, 12+ hours would just be awful.

I do it every year on the 25 with my brother.

Probably never watch them again since the TV show will be lit.

It's actually rather difficult now...sitting down for that long of a time makes my ass sore, my lower back sore, and my neck sore. I'm fucking old man...can't marathon films anymore.

That being said I haven't watched them in a long time...they were prime comfort to watch when smoking a pipe...but now that I've quit...something is different.

Enjoy your marathon, just remember to stretch your spine once in a while.

Plebs leave

>and my tax

Already started. Finished Fellowship EE blu ray last night. Starting TT tonight.

Just got the extended edition on blu ray and waiting till christmas to start watching them its going to be an amazing 38hrs(also will be watching all the extra features totaling up to 26hrs) and i dont care about the TINT filter that is ONLY over Fellowship while TT and ROTK do not have a filter added to the movie

You buy that shit on black Friday too? Nice.

Its the making of featurettes that complete the whole thing, It's fascinating to watch how much effort was put into everything + how well the cast & crew meshed

The extra features on the DVD are still the best fucking extra features ever. Are they the same on the BluRay version?

>I'm sorry Peter, I can't get up these GOD-DAMNED STAIRS. Every time I try, I step on the thing...

yes they are the same they are not even converted to Blu Ray they are still in DVD format

>tfw they have a cave toll

>tfw when my DVDs are in another house, on a different continent

I sure as fuck will.
Imagine if the Hobbits movies hadn't been shit, I could have my comfy 24 hours Tolkienathon.

>well you you could do it this morning
CHRISTOPHER BTFO

I found the extended Blu Ray box set for 7bucks at value village last night, so I just might marathon them this weekend

What was Morgoth's tax policy?

>which put me in my place...

Didn't Sup Forums have a LOTR stream last year?

Is the DVD version the best version? Because I have those, too.

Imagine being so old that you beard hair literally meshes with your head hair...

>youtu.be/aVMq7ynj_64

>Blue filter
>Blu Ray
That's not how it works Peter

As opposed to?

this shit makes me sad on so many levels

Even the behind the scenes stuff is pure kino

Someone post yhe wrbms

DEATH

My friend, you bow to no one

Already did the Hobbit and FotR and TTT. Just gotta finish up Return of the King.

>i come back to you now, at the turning of the fiscal quarter

youtu.be/EmTz7EAYLrs
Gives me kinobumps everytime somehow

Thanks; I had no idea, as I have yet to buy the BluRays because I've seen the digital upgrade and the special effects tend to look on average worse than they do on the DVD. It's hard to explain, but with more resolution detail, you see more of the flaws, and I find that on the DVD at least the flaws are still evened out. Sorry, that's the only way I can describe it. It's like going eye doctor and getting a new prescription...you suddenly see things and they all look slightly worse.

My other favorite:

>and I just thought, wow, if I give him one last shot at it, I'm sure he'll get it right.
>and he kicked it, and let out this horrific scream.
>little did we know that Viggo had broken his toe...

I remember when Peter Jackson was based enough to not give a shit about his actors' status.

How much did Tolkien borrow from his war experience into lotr? It's surprising he hasn't gone full edge on it given the things he's been through.

tomorrow is the day. fuck yeah.

Dead marshes for sure.

Yeah, but I think too he was so tired from doing everything that he simply didn't allow things to distract him (like status). They were filming long days, and then at the end of each day they'd watch 3-4 hours of dailies to make sure that the results of the day were fine...that's crazy.

But then again, you can see so obviously how much the people who worked on this actually cared about it....it's so unique and strange to see it, and it's not something that can be replicated or forged (because one could think that the supplemental material is just promotional shit designed to make everyone look good...like the behind the scenes stuff for The Force Awakens).

It influenced him hugely, but he saw the best in humanity and nature so thankfully never went edgelord

Already did finished last night, great as always

>It's surprising he hasn't gone full edge on it given the things he's been through.
Tolkien was a staunch traditionalist Catholic his entire life. In his worldview, the good in the world is worth protecting and treasuring, even in the face of absolute despair and death.

I'm ready.

Sam and Frodo coming back to Hobbiton is commonly interpreted as an analogy (Tolkien spins in his grave) for soldiers returning from WW1. Some like Sam and Tolkien could go back home and live their lives others like Frodo and Tolkien's friends never really came back

i marathoned the fellowship of the ring yesterday, I don't have any others. Should I buy the two towers and marathon it tomorrow?

youtube.com/watch?v=PSRfHizrDoQ

youtube.com/watch?v=WoAE15gtEzg&t=298s

>tfw u realize there were three eagles because Gandolf saw the best in Smeagol and was hoping he'd survive

Absolutely, it's a Christmas well spent

Surely thats just watching a movie as opposed to marathoning?

When you have a project as good as what Jackson had, and you're standing in a set that looks like Minas Tirith or Moria, I'd imagine it'd make all the suffering worth it.
Felt like despite all the problems, the crew in its entirety knew they were doing something that was genuinely special.

Thanks user

>theatrical versions
Jesus Christ that's heartbreaking.

You mean imagine having sideburns?

wtf never caught that actual bravo jackson

I'm poor. I had to get what I could.

I thought I was the only one who did this

You could have skipped getting the hobbit entirety and just gotten lotr extended instead

They were released Christmas tune every year for those of us that watched it in cinema its the perfect time

not this year desu
just finished lotr appendice part 2 on yt. we are not going to get a kino of this level never again lads

I'm already doing it but I don't marathon them.
I watch them once a week.
Saw the Fellowship last week, Two Towers this friday and the Return of the King next friday.
That way it spaces things out and puts the last movie towards the end of the year. Gives it a sense of closure I guess.

Me, My girlfriend and her sister

Anyone else experience this?
>Watch Return of the King in theaters with your best friends, all male.
>get to the Grey Havens, and everyone is saying goodbye.
>start to think about all the great times you had with your mates, and how you'll all be going your own separate ways in a few years to come.
>try to hold back tears, because male.
>can't.
>hear your friends sniffling next to you, trying to stay manly.
>movie ends, and before the lights come up you hear your friends moving quickly, like you are, to dry the eyes with sleeves, to maintain dignity.
>lights come up. 'what did you guys think?'
>'pretty goo'....you?''
>'Yup...pretty good'
>no one looks in each others eyes for another 10 minutes until we're all back to normal.
Dem feels...

please be bait you utter faggot

Doing something like this aswell

>not openly weeping and kissing your male friends like the protagonist in a medieval saga

>having friends

kys faggot

Sorry...I forgot where I was...

faggot nerd shit

>trying this hard

>that user that had to lie to his dying grandfather that The Hobbit trilogy was just as good as LOTR

I know I will, eating leftovers from the christmas eve dinner
kill yourself you pleb

My family does it between the 20th and new years...

But we also watch the hobbit now...

just torrent them

Watch "The bilbo edition", 4 hr fan edit of the three hobbit movies, it actually makes them good, then watch Lotr

>having to watch a fan edit to make it any good
They're shit lets accept it

I'm going to attempt it Love Tolkien during Christmas time.

My brother and I are gonna do Fellowship on Christmas Eve, Two Towers on Christmas Day, then Return on Boxing Day. First year doing this, gonna make it a new tradition.

Yes

me and my wife's son

it's amazing how the music is still touching, after all these years.

that was thanks to him being an extremely devout traditional catholic

>Sam and Frodo dying in a desolate wastelands surrounded by enemies
>Frodo is giving up, about to roll over and quit
>cut to Sam
>Shire theme starts
>"come on now, Mr. Frodo. Just a bit further"
>mfw my eyes start to water
>mfw this happens like four times, gets me every time
One of the strongest lines of music in film tbqg

>watching theatricals
atleast torrent the real versions

fuck, I wasn't expecting these feels

We'll never get creators so personally passionate about telling an amazing story with morals to aspire to instead of identity politics and other sjw agenda pushing. It absolutely infuriates me when people try to attack Tolkien ' s work on that level and try to insist he was racist or sexist despite his very vocal statements to the contrary.

I know they are shit but that fan edit makes them bearable

You're in for a great experience, have a good one user

This.

>I can't carry it for you
>But I can carry you!

Sam is the realest of niggas also I tear every fucking time

>It would have been her

what?

WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO ME

Based

Sup Forums should do a watch through of these together on Christmas