Rogue One #2 (May 3)
Adventures in Wild Space #6 (May 4)

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi trailer
youtu.be/zB4I68XVPzQ

>Star Wars: Rebels - The Final Season
youtu.be/-b7GAhnVwhA

>Battlefront 2 trailer:
youtu.be/Kae-JjbLsgA

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

uproxx.com/hitfix/film-nerd-2-0-we-flashback-to-the-phantom-menace-as-the-star-wars-series-continues/
uproxx.com/hitfix/film-nerd-2-0-yoda-seals-the-deal-for-attack-of-the-clones-on-blu-ray/
uproxx.com/hitfix/film-nerd-2-0-revenge-of-the-sith-devastates-the-kids-as-anakin-falls-from-grace/
uproxx.com/hitfix/film-nerd-2-0-we-kick-off-a-special-series-with-a-first-viewing-of-star-wars/
uproxx.com/hitfix/film-nerd-2-0-we-finally-reach-the-moment-with-empire-strikes-back-on-blu-ray/
uproxx.com/hitfix/film-nerd-2-0-the-heros-journey-ends-with-return-of-the-jedi-and-many-many-shared-tears/amp/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Vong

At least it's not some self inflicted pain

AMIRITE?

Third for fuck Vong and fuck first.

I'm gonna repeat it cause it bears repeating Considering its a thing that ran whole cultures in mesoamerican, you're not making a very good case for how its too edgy.
if anything their descriptions are pretty tame. Get back to me when they start running a rope thru their fucking ballsack and burning the blood soaked rope to appease the gods.
and thats not even the worst. they did that with their tongues too.

>but in general what about the NJO was bad to you/about what book did it go wrong for you?

I was noticing some issues early on but it was around books 7 or 8 that I just stopped completely, though since then I read a few of the later books(particularly the ones touted as "the best") and read up on the events and happenings.

As for what was bad? Here's a few examples:

The more that is revealed about the Vong the worse they get.

The books killed off characters in really stupid ways.

The writing was inconsistent as fuck. Sometimes characters are all powerful and sometimes they're on-par with other characters they were previously much more powerful than.

The plot hinges on a whole bunch of people being completely and utterly incompetent for way too long to be even remotely believable. Especially when other books established those characters as being actually functional beings.

Outside of a few books, the vast majority of the writing is mediocre or downright terrible.

The capabilities of the Vong vary wildly from book to book.

The Vong are also the worst example of the escalation issue that plagued Legends. Before they came along it was just super weapon after super weapon, each one bigger and/or badder than the last. The Vong WERE the superweapon this time. They had unbeatable armor made out of plants. They had ships that were worlds. They destroyed a planet by throwing its moon at it. They were the nuke in the war of escalation in the EU- the be-all-end-all weapon. There's simply no topping what they had. And on top of that they were exempt from The Force because "lol we need to make them even more of a threat".

And again. If they learned how to work iron instead of be edgy, they'd probably still be around.

Thoughts on this comic series?

Fun fact Luceno is a fan of Mayan stuff and has written books about them.

>old arguments dragged into a new thread
For fuck's sake

I wasn't a part of the vong conversation, I just saw an opportunity to meme and I took it.

Are you the guy that didn't like Vector Prime or thought it was poorly written?

>also what is Starkiller Base

Pretty much a retelling of the events of NJO but abridged, with some new characters thrown in to show some new stuff. Wasn't bad, but some of it was retreading old ground for those who read the books.

>>also what is Starkiller Base

Also poorly written. One thing being shit doesn't mean another isn't. Vast Swathes of the EU were shit. That doesn't mean that Abrams didn't also make shit, or that Wendig didn't crap out three turds with an invitation to write out an anthology shart.

apparently the vong made it to space without traditional tech. tho looking at the pictures, it sure looks like they had iron a plenty

>Pretty much a retelling of the events of NJO
Oh?
Was it that big of a time span?
For some reason I was under the impression that it only covered a small chunk of the NJO era.

He's being racist and making incorrect assumptions about the Mayans and Aztecs, not the Vong.

Were you the guy who didn't like Vector Prime though?

It jumped around a bit if I recall. Skipped over less major stuff. It was kind of a vertical slice with the new characters occasionally intersecting with the main ones at major battles and shit. I don't know if I ever read the whole series though.

Yes. Vector prime is shit. Aftermath is shit. Force Awakens is shit. The Thrawn trilogy is mediocre and mostly gets by because people remember it as being better than it was. Rebels is cheap and the writing isn't that great. NuMarvel's Star Wars is at best a 4/10 comic on average with a 7/10 high point. Old Marvel Star Wars wasn't much better but it's high points were still an 8/10.

If you wanted to actually compile a best of list for Star Wars you'd be laughed out of any room if Vector Prime was even the last entry.

Vector Prime is great though.

0/10, garbage bait. Vector Prime is a fantastic book, easily in the top 10 all time best Star Wars novels. R.A. Salvatore is a great author.

No. Wedge's Gambit is great. The KOTOR comics are great. TIE fighter is great. Hell, you could probably put Jedi Knight on that list. If you made a best of list, Vector Prime would probably be way down that list at like number sixteen at the highest.

Is Filoni really making a new Old republic setting cartoon?

Does this mean we still might get a live action movie set in the old republic?

Not unless we're missing a whole bunch of information.

He's working on "something" just like EA is working on "something". There's no indication that that's anything old republic era. If that early footage is any indication for what they claim for EA's "something", expect every "brand new era" to feature stormtroopers and star destroyers.

Can you imagine a Lucas movie with 2017+ CGI?

Think of Felucia...

You mean that game the Uncharted lady is working on? That's just another OT era game.

what the hell is your double spacing ass on about

Thought you said Felicia for a moment

>tfw Lucas will never make another Star Wars movie

Yeah, but it got built up as a "look, this will be a whole new era" thing early on until someone leaked alpha footage and it was literally just the same shit as always.

So no, I have no faith in anything original or even unconnected to the films ever coming out of Lucasfilm.

>R.A. Salvatore
not the guy you're replying to but... everytime I hear about that author I hear good things. then I read this, which is the first of a long series, and wondered what the fuck everyone else was smoking.
if Vector Prime is anything like this book, its full of wasted time developing characters into the perfect cliches who dont even need to speak their lines are so easy to predict.
or maybe demon awakens and its associated series are just trash kids stuff and I should pick another by this author

I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted to be an adult and see a new Lucas movie in theaters.

Fuck off to reddit grammar fag.

The double spacing makes it easier for you plebs to see to separate points/questions.

My advice to you is just to dig deep into Legends.

Salvatore is an ok author who's known for being above average in the genre fiction pool where things can get mediocre and repetitive FAST. He has decent novels, but he also has bad ones. Vector Prime probably isn't his worst but it's probably not his best.

To be fair though, there are a lot of writers who can do a really good book then do immediate garbage, or shitty ones who can do something decent and then descend into mediocrity once again. But even among fantasy novelists he wouldn't make my top ten there either.

>The double spacing makes it easier for you plebs to see to separate points/questions.

Sounds like a thing Reddit would do

>FUCKING DRIZZT

Hey, I have no intention on BUYING that garbage. I already own enough good Star Wars stuff.

You must have a shit life for something so insignificant to trigger you

In all seriousness, why does Sup Forums (specifically Sup Forums) have such an extreme aversion to "edge" BUT watches cartoons meant for little children/girls?

>Are you the guy that didn't like Vector Prime or thought it was poorly written?
I'm not who you may think I am but I in fact didn't like Vector Prime. The first half was dull and the second half hints at doing interesting stuff but immediately goes to shit. The climax of the book(the second battle) takes up less than two dozen pages and just feels tacked on to give the book a """happy""" ending.

>also what is Starkiller Base
A poorly written invention from JJ Abrams. It's a one time thing and it doesn't even compare to everything Legends came up with like The Vong, the Sun Crusher, the Death Star prototype, The Eye of Palpatine, the rebuilt superlaser without the whole Death Star, World Destroyers, the Galaxy Gun, etc. etc. etc.

Also, like said one thing being shit doesn't excuse other things.

>The first half was dull
*comfy
The Ex-Gal stuff is great.

Never read that, but everything else I've read of his is great. Especially Vector Prime. It's very visceral borderline horror but also kind of esoteric and dreamlike with a lot of good lore building for the Yuuzhan Vong and setup for a very dark and violent series. Some of the imagery he created with his writing in that book has stuck with me for 13 years. The way I visualized some of it was almost like a 1960's black light poster of Doctor Strange or something like this art from one of my favorite albums (which is far more recent anyway). Not sure why, but it left an indelible impression on me.

>why does Sup Forums (specifically Sup Forums) have such an extreme aversion to "edge"
Because it's rarely(if ever) done in a way that isn't cringeworthy as fuck.

>BUT watches cartoons meant for little children/girls?
Just because a particular thing is intended for a younger audience, that does not mean that it cannot be enjoyed by people much older.

For example, Star Wars has always been targeted at 12-14 year olds but people both younger and older than that enjoy it too.

>>The first half was dull
>*comfy
*dull

>The Ex-Gal stuff is great
Not really.

>It's very visceral borderline horror but also kind of esoteric and dreamlike with a lot of good lore
I DO like all those things... maybe its time to burn another 10 bucks

NO TWI'LEKS ALLOWED PAST THIS POINT.

I disagree.

I loved these books as a kid. Especially this one and the one with the skull covered in worms.

FUCK THE POLICE.

>Exposed nipples
>Exposed Lekku
Remove this foul imagery from this imperial image board.

Maybe if he asked politely enough they might let him

cant make me

suitable image

nobody here but us Togruta

Those tits look ready to burst

gotta be well contained or else who knows what might happen in the course of battle

More please.

>Hera and Chop are reduced to performing strip-teases after the rest of the Ghost Crew perish
Truly, Star Wars is an unforgiving universe

YIP YIP

Who /clones/ here

Rough estimate;

How many people has Anakin/Vader personally killed?

Viceroy Gunray and the other Separatist leaders

~350

Thousands. The sand people, the Separatists, most of the Jedi, every Rebel he ever met. In Vader Down alone he kills like 300 people singlehandedly.

this

I'd say it's closer to 4

Do you think he ever regrets not kill all the sand people?

>Vader and Old Ben will never butcher a tribe of Tuskens together
Sad pottery

Sad for you, double hitler.

Now I want a training level in a game where you're Vader slaughtering sand people.

>Vader will never take the Death Star on a personal quest to annihilate Tatooine.

Unfortunately.

I'm fucking sick of that planet.

Well you got jakku now

But that didn't blow up either.

So was Mara Jade supposed to be Obi-wan's daughter?

I know the disneyverse fucked everything for the sake of a soft reboot but you know, was that the original idea?

What the fuck are you smoking? I don't remember Mara Jade's backstory ever really coming up. She was a random force sensitive manipulated by the emperor.

>Obi Wan goes to fuck off in Tatooine: 19 BBY
>Mara Jade: Born 17 BBY

Are they praying to Vader?

They view Vader as a vengeful god, and perform sacrifices to appease him.

here's the story
>Vader waiting to meet a couple of bounty hunters
>killing tusken while killing time
>one tusken survives
>tells another tribe what happened
>tusken so in awe of Vader they view him as a god
>tribe grabs survivor, ties him up, and burns him as a sacrifice to their new vengeful god.

I got a kick out of it because what was a life and faith changing event for the tusken was just a tuesday afternoon for Vader.

I really don't understand the TFA defense squad in the media

It's a well executed entertaining popcorn space adventure with recognizable and accomodating fairy tale/mythic undertones and callbacks to universally known SW stories. That's enough for the mainstream audience.

You have to remember that autismos like us who spend every day discussing cartoon spinoffs on australian kangaroo-taming picture boards have a very different kind of interest and perspective on Star Wars.

why are you a racist who hates women

What's the worst Lightsaber of all time?

Kylo's.

I mean, it's literally broken.

At least he's not always loosing it like Anakin.

The sabercopter

Less than Luke guaranteed.

#ImperialLivesDontMatter

>You have to remember that autismos like us who spend every day discussing cartoon spinoffs on australian kangaroo-taming picture boards have a very different kind of interest and perspective on Star Wars.
dubs of truth. You all act like our level of autism about Star Wars makes us part of the General audience it's meant for. It does not.

It can. If you simply brudh that aside. It certainly helps if you watch it from the objective pointvof view of a kid. Helps better when you're watching it with kids.

More specifically, kids on the precipice of their teenage years.

uproxx.com/hitfix/film-nerd-2-0-we-flashback-to-the-phantom-menace-as-the-star-wars-series-continues/

uproxx.com/hitfix/film-nerd-2-0-yoda-seals-the-deal-for-attack-of-the-clones-on-blu-ray/

uproxx.com/hitfix/film-nerd-2-0-revenge-of-the-sith-devastates-the-kids-as-anakin-falls-from-grace/

uproxx.com/hitfix/film-nerd-2-0-we-kick-off-a-special-series-with-a-first-viewing-of-star-wars/

uproxx.com/hitfix/film-nerd-2-0-we-finally-reach-the-moment-with-empire-strikes-back-on-blu-ray/

uproxx.com/hitfix/film-nerd-2-0-the-heros-journey-ends-with-return-of-the-jedi-and-many-many-shared-tears/amp/

Shit taste.

>after watching The Phantom Menace;

>“Daddy, why can’t they make more ‘Star Wars’ movies?”
>“They could if they wanted to. It’s up to George Lucas.”
>“Can you tell him to make them so we can watch them? I want to see them.”
>“I don’t think he’d listen to me, Tosh.”
>“But can you try? Because that would be cool.”

My poor heart

>Luke will never pull out his lightsaber in TLJ

Help me out here lads.

>his hand is inside his sleeve
he's too good for us