Only one good song (Shes my collar)

>Only one good song (Shes my collar)
>Half of Out Of Body is good before the second half shits the bed
Yeesh, what happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qynvqI3Y-d0
google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/politics/trumps-courtship-of-black-voters-hampered-by-decades-of-race-controversies/2016/07/19/d9822250-4d2e-11e6-aa14-e0c1087f7583_story.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Russel and 2-D look more like a gorillas than noodle and murdoc.

Why is murdoc so handsome AND not green?

There was no need for every single song to have some no name get a guest verse.
But for as bad as those guys are, the surprise let down is Damon himself. Comes across as really over indulgent and moody in this album. Theres no ne of the fun we saw in DD or even PB

Damon became a control freak who refuses to work with a producer

Jamie should just ditch the whole project.

Meme band from the 2000's

go back to Sup Forums faggot

And here I thought the album was going to okay. I was wrong.

>mfw Circle of Friendz came on for the first time

I get its a critcism of facebook culture , but it's hard to have criticism on the level of Feel Good and Dirty Harry when the entire song has one lyric

Yeah, Shes my Collar is the only song that sounds remotely like a Demon Days track

Damon is a fucking faggot that's what. It's basically all guests, no damon and all black rap rnb shit wihtout any of the alt/trance/tech shit. Rap and Synths ayyyyyyyyy lmao

Fucking this desu. Damon might be becoming a hack but Jamie has SOME talent left unsquandered that's better spent else where.

I liked it for the 2D/Noodle vibes.

I like the album, it's not their best but it's not the worst either. Hell, I even like half of the songs on The Fall. A lot of the tracks are pretty forgettable but the ones that are good are great.
The only tracks I didn't really like that much were
>Carnival
>Sex Murder Party
>Hallelujah Money
>Halfway To The Halfway House
>Out Of Body
And the only reason I really dislike Out Of Body in the first place is because songs that are directly about sex feel out of place and tasteless in most albums unless they're played as humor. For anyone who's more of an alt-rock fan they're not going to like this album much, but I tolerate/like rap so I thought it was alright.
Overall a solid 7.5/10.
Demon Days > D Sides > Gorillaz > Plastic Beach = Humanz > The Fall

Is Damon's voice gone? Seems like every song has him singing into a webcam mic.

Even the fall has some gems like Revolving Doors, Bobby in Phoenix, and Little Pink Plastic bags.

>but it's not the worst either
Name one album that was ANYWHERE near worse

Since a mod is probably going to delete this, can we get some kind of official fucking statement from the administration whether Gorillaz is Sup Forums or not? As in, a sticky of some kind? Christ.

Album is okay, not amazing, but if you only listened to it once you should go back and relisten. Almost every single track will grow on you.

Definitely. The tracks that I liked in The Fall are fucking awesome.
@92049121
You didn't even read the entire post, you don't deserve a (You)

So how does it stack up with the other albums?

Better than the last one or worse? I was a little disappointed with Plastic Beach because of too many song collaborations and tracks that you'd expect to hear in a D-sides. Just one or two songs were pretty good.

Demon Days is still my favorite one.

Most of the album is collabs. Does that mean it's bad? No, not really. The collabs are pretty well done most of the time.
Demon Days > D Sides > Gorillaz > Plastic Beach = Humanz > The Fall

I like it

This!

While I'll agree with you that She's My Collar is the best thing on that album, I must disagree with it being the only good thing.
>Busted and Blue
>Saturnz Barz
>Strobelite
>The Apprentice
>Charger

Circle of friendz may just be the worst song theyve ever made and thats including charger

This pretty much. Gorrilaz cover a lot of genres, but Ive never listened to them to hear rnb soul music, its so jarring

I really am the only one loved the album, ain't I?

>@92049121

Id rank Plastic Beach above this. I know a lot of people didnt like it but songs like Rhinestone Eyes, Melancholy Hill, Empire Ants, Welcome to Plastic Beach etc save it for me.

Humanz has maybe or or two songs on that level and they dont save this album.

its all fucking rap garbage. not even catchy rap, the kind of Sup Forums pretend to like it for indie cred shit that is like 5 years old now. its just behind the times.

Honestly, the newest Oasis albumn he did sounds more like a Gorrilaz albumn than this

@92050147
>didn't read my post the first time
>didn't read it a second time or is just baiting for more (You)s
Shoo shoo stinky shitposter.
That's pretty fair, I think this album will age and it'll grow on people.

Rap is wasted on rappers

Hail Mary Mallon is the one true god

I think their best song overall is "Bobby in Phoenix."
The album is an easy listen for me. Charger is by far the best song on the album, for me. I didn't have to force myself to like the album, but there song on there that I didn't dig. I also felt that it was too long. It was the some problem that I have recent Kid Cudi albums. Plastic Beach was long, but I felt that it worked; a lot of the songs transitioned well into the other

Im glad Im not the only one who thought this. "There are too many of us" was a total Gorillaz track

Id even put Ascension and Let me out on that list. Both are let down by the guest artists throwing political shit into the songs and that the verses that have it are extremely blatant int their political messaging and take you out of the song. Which is a shame because both have some good shit too them.

This album out of all of them feels less like the Gorillaz are a band and more of a brand instead. Like Gorillaz are just going hey guest artist want a song here come on our album sing it and 2d will do a chorus or verse for you.

I didn't mind it. But I wasn't expecting the second coming of Gorillaz.

>Plastic beach had too many collaborations
Then youre gonna hate this. Pretty much every track is dominated by a guest, and Damon in genrally is barely heard in this album. It sucks

>rnb soul music

This totally could have worked i think the guest artists and focus of the album let it down.

Acension brought it'self together.

Hobestly, Im surprised the guys who made Dirty Harry, ITS DARE and 19-2000 made this.
You could argue whether its trash or not that bad, but no one can argue that its anywhere close to quality of what they used to make

I liked The Fall

It's Sup Forums, dude. We talk about Gorillaz all the time. They're animation expressed through a medium other than series or films, and that's a unique expression worthy of discussion on an animation forum. I get that this thread is about the musical content, but given that a long-awaited album just came out, I'd say that's to be expected. Once we start seeing more music videos, we'll start seeing more animation discussion.

Apprentice was also pretty political. From the name to the refrain.

Nah, I like it way more than most seem to. I get why some people wouldn't like most of the songs due to how the guest artists seemed to overshadow the Gorillaz themselves, but any talk about how political bullshit ruins this album is nothing but garbage. They've ALWAYS been political in their music, you were probably just didn't notice.

Album should have ended on Ticker Tape
Also shouldn't have released Saturnz Barnz, etc. early.

>still no sole shots of Noodle

Even more "[Artist] feat. Gorillaz" rather than "Gorillaz feat. [Artist]", than Plastic Beach

We only use Sup Forums to talk about the animations of Gorillaz. If you want to talk about the music itself you should go to

>going to

>she's my collar
you misspelled busted and blue

I liked Andromeda

Not enough Gorillaz on this Gorrilaz album. Similar problem with Plastic Beach, but the difference is the Hunanz guests suck ass

My main complaint is that this album needed more Damon. I know Gorillaz is his collab-project, but even Plastic Beach had more 2-D vocals than this.

My favourites are
>Strobelight
>Ticker Tape
>She my collar (The best song on this album)
>Busted and Blue
>Andromeda
>Submission, before Danny Brown rapes it

Mopey and dull

The first half of Out of Body IS catchy, but the fact Gorillaz - of all people - have released a "Drinking in the club!" song is incredibly sad

It was pretty good.

Second half of The Apprentice sucks ass.

New black king

>Be black
>like rap
>like gorillaz
>This album is heavy handed in politico with WE WUZ KANGS, anti-cop, antifa.
That's that shit I don't like. Gorillaz officially deaD? What happened to fun music with light political views or have I been missing their true agenda?

Andromeda
Busted And Blue
Charger
Strobe Lite
Carnival
Submission
We Got The Power
Halfway To The Halfway House
Out of Body
I like Apprentice, Let Me Out, Saturnz Barz & Momentz but it's not for everyone.

Seriously? I think Collar is one of the weaker tracks.

>their best song is "Bobby In Phoenix"
Might as well just be a Bobby Womack song.

Glad he got one last album in and contributing to Stylo before he passed

ticker tape is the best song for me. everything just mesh well and its actually a gorillaz feat artist song

i thought the album is ok but i hate that they're practically the backup band in their own album.

it's kinda funny how they had songs that criticize generic pop bands and yet they've pretty much have become a generic pop band

i felt like most of the album had some sort of political message to it

i tend to just ignore them since 90% of celebrities don't really know what they're talking about in that department

>What happened to fun music with light political views or have I been missing their true agenda?

Trump literally driving everyone crazy because all media scaring them into thinking hes undoing any progress society has made and turning the world back over 100 years.

Busted and blue made me bust a nut

This pretty much. When the guy starts chiming in the back going "Brep! Brep! Brep!" I couldnt belive I was actually listening to a Gorillaz song

Idk not much?
Personally enjoyed most of it.

>We got the power
Shouldve been called We wuz kangz the way it was written

Seriously? None o the other songs are even good

I liked the album.
So far my favorites are Andromeda, Charger, Momentz, and Ascension.
I wish they'd go back to their old style though. By that I mean the guest features.
Old Gorillaz had a few, but mostly original songs. Plastic Beach had mostly guest features, but still a handful of original songs.
This album is 99% guest features. Literally only one original song... Still a great album though.

Gorillaz has always been political. Don't lie to yourself.

They were political with good music. Now half of that is true

Yeah but never in a controversial way. Did anyobe disagree with the anti-consumerism songs like Feel Good? The criticism of how soliders are used and abused in Dirty Harry? The free tibet shit?

Nah not really. This BLM and AntiFa stuff in Humanz? Yeah, people are gonna have a problem with that; especially cause of how violent and despised those groups are.

Theres political then theres literally saying Obama twice within 10 seconds then saying Obamas gone the devil is in office and trumps making deals. Im worried the police are going to murder me because im black. Wipe my ass on the flag you can live you dreams if you don't look like me.

When your political messaging is too blatant it takes people out of the song.

You grew and your taste changed.

Not at all. I still love Gorillaz and Demon days is my favourite album of all time.

This is just unappealing. Wouldnt have liked it back then dont like it now

>relisten to first album
> wonder what Deltron is up to these days
> search
> he did the opening song for Battleborn
youtu.be/qynvqI3Y-d0

>mfw

Whats hilarious is Trump has never actually done anything to alienate black people.
Women? Sure. Muslims? Defibitely. Mexicans? Check plus.

Never once bad mouthed or put off the black community. Hell, a decent number of black people voted for him.

So it just comes across as pathetic when these movements are yelling "Trump hates black people! Hes going to hunt us down!" Like they wanna be in with the cool oppressed crowd. Same with LGBT. Did you know that Trump is the first president to openly support Gay marraige from the start if his position? That hes the secobd to support it at all? But when he was voted in it was all "Stay safe guys, well protect you, hes not going to take our rights from us!!"

Its one big game of opression olynpics.

Fuck you, Strobelite and Submission are good and We Got the Power is okay.

That is far fucking better than Battleborn deserves.

I mean, youre wrong but okay. Thatd still only be three good songs on one album

Yes, I get to post this again

Yeah, but the songs they made about it were good.

It honestly feels like any white president that came in after him would be disliked by a portion of them because to them they are taking away Obama. The fact its a republican and Donald Trump after Obama somehow just makes them go crazy like he murdered Obama and took his spot and declared Lynching no longer a crime.

Wrong.

Demon days from the album name to. Is the of the content was political and still great.

Politics are always controversial otherwise they wouldn't be politics. Also the BLM shit is pretty typical black angst prevalent in hip hop long before BLM came along. Not really picking up any antifa shit.

>Jamie Principle
>No name

If you listen to house music you should know who he is.

Preoffice Trump did some shit and no. More Latinos physically and percentage wise voted for Trump than Blacks.

Well its more the people he has around him, like Jeff Sessions

>trance and techno

They never did any of that. Ever. The closest things you'll get to those were the house songs on the album, and in the past, DARE/People.

Wasn't it mostly non-Mexican Latinos who voted for him, like Cubans?

I found this after a few minutes of googling: google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/politics/trumps-courtship-of-black-voters-hampered-by-decades-of-race-controversies/2016/07/19/d9822250-4d2e-11e6-aa14-e0c1087f7583_story.html

So yeah, Trump has been a dick to black folk too.

>Ascension
>Strobelight
>Saturnz Barz
>Let Me Out
>Submission
>We Got The Power
>Out of Body

Second half of the album really took a dive, and while I liked even some of the most political songs on their own, the whole tone of the album felt off, like it inappropriately dominated every aspect. Quit moaning about Trump and just make good music first and foremost; political points alone don't make a good album good. It's the least Gorillaz Gorillaz album to the point that I don't know why it's even called Gorillaz.

Weakest album to be sure. Even the songs I liked or thought we're catchy didn't live up to their previous work. Do Ya Thing was fucking great. What happened since then?

>Washington Post
The guys been around for decades and only seriously gets called racist when he runs as a Republican. Really makes you think.

>Sup Forums shitting up another thread

Every fucking time

To be fair, Its Gorillaz own fault

nah he was called a racist before it's just nobody gave a shit because he was a goofy meme billionaire.