Why did the FO not hyperspace ram the resistance?

pic related could easily be used to hyper space the remaining rebel ships. why didnt they do it? they would have instantly won the war there and then.

bump

Nobody thought of doing it in thousands of years of Star Wars history because it's literally no how the physics work. And everyone has shields.

Until Rian shat out his script

irst, let's make 2 assumptions:

Hyperspace collisions have happened in the past. In general, people know the consequences, and they know it's very messy. ("Ain't like dusting crops, boy!")

The rebel military leaders aren't stupid. Admiral Akbar, General Organa, and Vice-Admiral Hondo fully understand what a "Hyperspace Kamikaze" attack would accomplish, and they've simply chosen not to do it until now.

Now, speculation on why we haven't seen it before:

1. Relative ship size matters. If an X-Wing tried to hyperspace through the Death Star, nothing would happen except the X-Wing blowing up.

2. The smaller ship gets disintegrated. There's a serious cost/benefit analysis, and only in a "last resort" situation (like we saw in this movie) does it actually make sense to sacrifice such a big ship in a suicide attack. The ship being "suicided" would need some serious size and shields to get close enough before being destroyed - and then it's gone forever. The First Order probably has enough resources to waste ships, but the Rebels definitely don't.

3. It's been done before, and the Empire already knows how to thwart it. General Hux is warned well before the collision that The Raddus is "preparing to go to hyperspace". In his hubris, he ignores the warning, saying "It's empty. They're just trying to draw us off". As soon as General Hux realizes what's happening, they start firing on the ship - it's just too late. If he had been less cocky, he might have heeded his minion's warning and destroyed it (or at least disabled it) before the disaster.

Moron, they didn't even have to hyperspace ram them, they could've hyperspace within range of their weapons. Literally any or all could've went to hyperspace above, below, left, right, front, or back of the rebel ships and they didn't do it. All the fo tie-fighters are also equipped with hyperspace drives. The whole plot is based around this retarded plot hole

i concur. that was extremly retarded and a major plothole i have not yet seen adressed.

I’m gonna write up a 10 page essay on why hyperspace ramming is retarded and then screencap it as a pdf and just start posting that.

it's already been calculated via math that all it would take is an XWing to destroy anything. Kill yourself soyboy shill faggot.

Has hyperspace ramming forever ruined space battles in star wars?

W-well, the empire doesn’t h-have X-Wings, so obviously they had to build the Death Star to blow up p-planets hehe. Just turn off your brain bro. Please. They’re holding my family hostage goddamnit can’t you fucking needs just like the movie?

first order has honor and doesn't resort to little pussy tactics

The separatists literally had tons of ships full of desposablendroids and even they never resorted to this tactic. Truly Holdo is a war criminal of cuntish proportions

What math? I thought it was a common assumption that even something the mass of a rock going at light speed could put a hole in a planet

I get the feeling they only did it because they were out in the middle of nowhere, like, no stars or anything. Bet the hyperdrive ram tactic makes some serious radioactive fallout happen, so doing it in inhabited systems is a huge fucking war crime.

>it's already been calculated via math
Autistic calculations don't mean shit.
Lore > Real life

Because it would be disastrous for both sides. It isn't like the First Order LIKES losing troops, ships, etc.

How about the space laser howitzers, that travel in a parabolic trajectory?

>mfw the rebels are the real war criminals

?
Lore now has hyperspace ramming, ergo the math is valid? The math is based on what’s seen in the movie. Try harder mousenigger

so will a baseball. doenst mater. starwars cant inton math.

The math isn't valid, not exactly. Because hyperspace isn't real physics.

Raddus was 300 times larger than an X-wing, but Raddus causing 300 times the damage than an X wing is nothing but an assumption. If X-wing causes X damage, it doesn't necessarily mean Raddus's damage is R=X*300. It might just as well be R=X^300.

It's not real physics, so using real physics to prove anything about Star Wars canon is absolute bullshit.

Disney's script to try to cover up how shitty their movie was is as bad as the shitty movie itself. It's actually embarrassing. You guys aren't getting paid nearly enough.

>ur argument invalid cause ur shill xDD

The hyperspace ram ONLY worked as they were out of fuel. It was a fucked up jump that made the ship like a shotgun

akshually tie fighters are not hyperspace enabled.

Yea because in the lore hyperspace is a different dimension. You know, if you stupid murid fucks would've just taken the time to do 5 seconds of research on the setting you were about to embark on writing multi-million dollar movies taking place in, you'd be saving yourself a lot of headache trying to run 24/7 damage control and they would've had a higher long run profit potential as well. I wish I could just be in the room of people responsible for running the think tank to try to salvage this shit pile. It's obvious you're all throwing shit out and seeing what sticks and failing again and again. You've failed Kathleen. Audiences want a movie in the spirit of the OT. The only outcome of this whole debacle is Kathleen Kennedy taking a short trip down a long mine shaft when the Mouse comes to his senses and sees what horrors he has wrought.

Thanks, I didn't want to be the one to say it.

The first order ties do have hyper space drives and shields.

> I'm that guy now.