Secret Empire #1 Spoilers

Rick Jones gets executed by Captain Hydra.
Press F to pay respects.

Who?

>what is the destiny force
>what is a plot based on cosmic cubes and reality rewritings
He'll be fine

boy I sure do love Clickbait: The Comic

it's just so fun to wonder what clickbait Nick Spencer will write next! Maybe Captain America will turn into the Hulk and rape America Chavez! Just to really drive that point home that he's raping America the country!

kek now we know why Spencer made him the whisperer

this is just unpleasant to read

If it weren't so controversial I'd probably try to get that drawn.

>all those cringey pop culture references he kept making whenever he showed up post Marvel Now

Thank god

this

Hack Spencer trying to do clickbait, but is too low energy to care! Sad!

>Is responsible for the Hulk's origin
>Was pivotal in founding the Avengers, is an honorary member
>Was Bucky for a while
>Was the Billy Batson to Captain Marvel's Captain Marvel
>Was a rock star, was even the musical guest on Saturday Night Live
>Ended the Kree-Skrull War with the Destiny Force
>Wrote a succesful book about his career
>Hung around with Rom the Space Knight
>Saved the Multiverse in Avengers Forever
>Was the Billy Batson to the 3rd Captain Marvel's Captain Marvel
>Was a Hulk for a while
>Was a hacker and exposed Pleasant Hill
>Knows pretty much everyone in the Marvel Universe
Show some respect

Literally the only real clickbait in this story was the first big "Hail Hydra" page.

and Cap picking up Mjolnir

idk rick jones being executed by a firing squad while saying avengers assemble is pretty clickbaity

I can't believe Captain America had Assange killed!

and SpOck, and Magneto.

Reminds me of the end of Valkyrie.

Mjolnir: "Eh, still worthy I guess..."

>Was a hacker and exposed Pleasant Hill

Then shouldn't HydraCap be thanking him for being partially responsible for his "return?"

First his buddy bruce gets killed then he gets killed these last events have not been kind.

Fuck you Trump, I'm hailing Hydra now.

Mjolnir is only clickbait if you don't know how the hammer works.
Rick getting executed is only clickbait if you're dumb enough to believe he'll stay dead.

Not sure if Spencer being lazy or realizing how quickly this'll be swept under the rug post-Legacy...

>if you don't know how the hammer works.
apparently being a liar, betrayer, generally ignoble murderer, and now having your friends executed by firing squad are worthy acts now

>Avengers Assemble!
I'll admit, that is a pretty badass way to go

That isn't how clickbait works.

What the fuck is a Hyrda to these people and what's so great about it?

Yeah, fuck you this is heartbreaking

I wish Bruce and Rhodes' death were handled that way.
And this is just a page

>Rick getting executed is only clickbait if you're dumb enough to believe he'll stay dead.

See that's why it seems cheap.

my heart was also broken when Thanos killed half of everyone in Infinity Gauntlet! These stories involving realities being rewritten, they always make me so sad when characters die.

if I recall right, spencer didn't plan on this being the big summer event, just a small crossover between the books relevant to captain america. I imagine all the extra work that's caused him has made him run out of fucks faster than he'd planned to

Believes his cause is just, willing to do what he believes is necessary to carry it out, worthy

his cause is unjust though

isnt that the same thing that happened with fear itself. and axis.

>executing friends
>murdering friends and allies personally in cold blood
>just

For context, Steve told Rick that he would be spared if he would just say Hail Hydra.

You know what clickbait is?
Shit to get sales from dumb people.
Just because you personally don't click on Salon's latest 10 Reasons You're Literally Being Raped By The Patriarchy article doesn't mean it's not clickbait.
So thank you for admitting and acknowledging that this comic is the definition of clickbait.

So basically what happened to Flashpoint...

OH FUCK LEGACY ISN'T MARVEL REBIRTH... IT'S MARVEL'S NEW 52!

well it'll be shit either way so

It's not though. Having a Neo-Nazi be judged worty to wield Mjolnir when Norse mythology was historically appropriated by Nazis and currently by white supremacists is clickbait.

Denying that Hydra is Nazis while simultaneously drowning us in Nazi imagery is also clickbait.

kobik confirmed for pandora

>Coercing prisoners to conform under penalty of death

Mjolnir: "Still worthy in my book!"

>Pandora opened a box
>Kobik is a box

He believes it isn't.
Means to an end.

It's clickbait in the way that literally every capeshit story is clickbait

cold-blooded murder of a guy in a coma is not a Mjolnir-worthy act no matter how you try to justify it

Blame Thor for making it so that only mortals can use it.

So if we opened Kobik, would the Cancerverse Revengers come out?

He started a massacre!

Show me in a comic where something like this is stated or shown.

>Believes his cause is just, willing to do what he believes is necessary to carry it out, worthy
>As long as the wielder thinks his cause is just, it's okay
By that logic, more than half of the inmates in an asylum would be able to wield Mjolnir

you can't prove a negative, so why don't you show me where cold-blooded murder is ever a quality found in people worthy of Mjolnir other than the guy picking it up because the writer can't write a non-comedy story without clickbait and but still doesn't want to portray the main character of his comic about a hero being turned into a villain as an outright evil person so he saves him from doing something objectively evil with narrative contrivance.

The comic is bad. It's time to stop defending it.

>you can't prove a negative
That's now what this is though, you're saying a cold blooded murderer wouldn't be able to use mjolnir even if he believed the act was necessary for a cause he believed just, so give an example of such a situation.

do you want me to like show you a panel of Frank Castle failing to lift Mjolnir or something because I don't think that situation has ever come up

Anons lets not kid ourselves Odinson did cold blooded murder by using Mew Mew to do it and he was still worthy. So Steve doing all this is fine

>Mjolnir is only clickbait if you don't know how the hammer works.
Or maybe it's not about the specifics of how the hammer works and more of reminding the reader that after all these wacky reality warping, Cap is still a good guy.

I mean, doesn't Frank only do what he does out of anger and hate?

you left out
> fucked Marlo

no

You've just described Doctor Doom you realize? Who has canonically been deemed unworthy to wield Mjolnir.

Doom is a petty fuck, he knew Reed could have fixed the Battleworld shit but he didn't because "nuh uh, gotta prove I'm better".

didn't give him the power to*

Supreme Leader Herr Rogers is a great Supreme leader

Mew Mew is in her get shitfaced wasted stage of breaking up with odinson. she doesn't care what happens

What happened to her? They're married but we haven't seen her since Chaos War which was 7 years ago.

Heh, Hippie!

>member the Trump presidency?

So, how much till his return? I'd say a year

He and hulk will come back together.

End of the event.

Miles is gonna kill Cap and Kobik will freak the hellnout. As a result, all the events of Civil War II and Secret Empire will be undone. If anyone is spending money on this then they're wasting their money because it's pointless.

marvels like that friend you cant look in the eye any more because you looked at their web history
you dont hate them just pity them sooo much

So Nick Spencer's tactic here is to outrage the fuck out of Marlel audience and then boom, reset baby. Nothing happened, it was all a troll.
Fucking seriously?
>cucks in JSA storytime will defend this because it outraged the "normies".

Why spoil something being released today literally why?

with swapped powers

Kobik is dead

STORYTIME HERE:

Doom tried to lift Mjölnir back in Civil War. He couldn't. Yet Doom believes his cause is just.

God I hate the whole "they die saying the catchphrase" thing. It's rarely done well and is lazier than coming up with something actually memorable yourself.