What was he looking at?

What was he looking at?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b2EOxGUuBWA
yesasia.com/global/memories-of-murder-blu-ray-japan-version/1035504163-0-0-0-en/info.html
yesasia.com/global/memories-of-murder-blu-ray-korea-version/1022329517-0-0-0-en/info.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

(You)

The camera

The serial killer.

memories of murder?

if so damn. I hated his character but the ending was bittersweet.

The serial killer is probably still alive, free and probably watching the movie.

God

Why? He developed over the course of the film and he was always funny as fuck (unintentionally that is)

Do you think the guy at the end did it? It said inconclusive, it didn't exonerate him

You.
You are the serial killer.

>What was he looking at?
His own failings as a cop and as a person .

Yes, definitely. Everything points at him. Not to mention that each time the killer struck he was nowhere to be seen. The DNA test didn't exonorate him, it just proved inconclusive.

youtube.com/watch?v=b2EOxGUuBWA

I hate the Reddit tier explanation that it's the serial killer because he will be in the Kino xD

I think it's probably just a look of helplessness, of feeling completely at the hands of forces that you can not direct and the realisation hits him in this moment. He will never find the guy, even if he does, he lost this game.

>tfw you realize the little girl did it

The girl tells him the killer looked "normal" and he literally breaks the fourth wall by looking straight at the camera.

Well can't argue with those digits

>I hate the Reddit tier explanation that it's the serial killer because he will be in the Kino xD
Well, that's what the director said. But I like your explanation better. It's the utter dread of knowing the guy you spent years of your life trying to capture is still out there, still walks the same path as you do and you can't do anything about it, you don't know what kidn of person he is. He is just a "normal" guy, not some blatantly evil lunatic, he could be anyone he meets on the street. It goes back to the dialogue on the tunnel when he asks the kid: "Do you get each morning up, too?"

ITT only two guys understand that it was based on a true story and the real murder hasn't been found.

This movie needs to be released on Blu-ray here in America. I'd buy it. It's like Fargo, but both darker, and funnier.

yesasia.com/global/memories-of-murder-blu-ray-japan-version/1035504163-0-0-0-en/info.html

>and funnier
>Rolling in the fields, huh? Is this the town rapist's paradise?
How come Hollywood can't into humor kino? It's either heart attack inducing dumb quips or shit-tier jokes. This film doesn't even try to be funny because the humor is born out of the police officers incompetence, but goddamn I laughed at almost every damn scene

Breaking the fourth wall isn't technically looking at the camera, that often happens. Breaking it would be actually interacting with the viewer.
Heard about that, but does it sound convincing? Of course it's also a possibility but the character in the movie still exists and to imply that he is breaking the fourth wall there by looking at the serial killer seems dumb since he obviously would break character and it would mean the entire movie was merely a set up for this moment if you get my point

Or the Korean version if you want English subs

yesasia.com/global/memories-of-murder-blu-ray-korea-version/1022329517-0-0-0-en/info.html

Yeah, English subs are a must. Thanks.

That one cop drop kicking everyone he sees is hilarious. I really need to watch this movie again.

>that often happens
No it doesn’t, it's literally acting 101 to never look in the camera unless you're explicitly told too.
Feel free to post a single frame where the actor is looking straight at the camera from Memories of Murder that isn't the ending shot

checked

Breaking the 4th wall by looking into the camera doesn't necessarily mean anything other than an uncommon viewer experience, a more direct bond to the character in the scene. In my book the 4th wall really begins to shatter when he is interacting with the viewer because just looking at the camera is merely an emotional tool. It cuts deeper, I think in Oldboy this happens too

>They truly were memories of murder

spbp