*ruins your "perfect" trilogy*

*ruins your "perfect" trilogy*

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pyvjc_20XpQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I like the Ewok village scenes. They're comfy. Fuck all of you.

Faggot.

Star Wars was ruined by its focus on Luke & Vader's imaginary relationship, I.E. space samurai melodrama.
Character rewrites for money killed the trilogy, Ewoks didn't do anything.
I still am not entirely sure why Han Solo is in ESB/RotJ. Like why was Luke even in ESB? The movie was about the Rebels v. The Empire, the second movie is even subtitled appropriately... and then all of a sudden your protagonist is doing handstands with a tree frog because... why?
Money/Popularity

t.reddit

>every opinion I disagree with is reddit
Can we PLEASE ban these mouth breathers

>why was Luke even in ESB
Arw you actually retarded? The whole film centers around him and his training, his understanding of the force, his impulsive nature, his failure against Vader, his lineage, everything. Its the most Luke-centered film in the franchise.

>an entire legion of my best troops awaits them
>HARD CUT to Han, Chewie and Lei already inside the compound
I always thought this was hilarious

>fun sw fact: they wanted to place the action on the wookie planet but couldn't afford to make all the suits, so midget ewoks were chosen instead

>ban anyone who disagrees with me
t.reddit

You've forgotten how Luke was only able to destroy the DS with the help of THE FORCE?

t.reddit

Why do people hate Ewoks again?

>*ruins your "perfect" trilogy*
Even Chukha-Trok with his neanderthal axe is more macho than Disney Luke.

>every opinion I disagree with is reddit
>every opinion I disagree with comes from a mouth breather

Right, I've seen the movie. It's fucking awful.
What does that have to do with the sequel?
I mean I get what you're saying: they set up Luke's story in "Star Wars", I just find the transition and focus a little too ridiculous, particularly because of Han Solo's inclusion in the film. If Luke's journey would have been intertwined with the Rebel pilots (Wedge Antilles, in particular) then it would have been better.
I mean shit, it's set THREE YEARS after the original film and yet...
>Luke didn't follow up on any of his space wizardry
>Obi Wan never contacted Luke until Hoth
>Han Solo has been aiding/hiding with the Rebels, but then decides to fuck off randomly
Again, I have no real understanding as to why Han Solo is even in the movie. He has a forced relationship with Leia, and travels to Bespin for reasons.

Instead of being set shortly after the destruction of the Death Star and having Luke breaking off with his friends and fellow pilots in order to follow up on how he blew up a planet destroyer, he is just diddling around Yavin 4 (and later Hoth) with an oppressed rebellion, doing what?
show me the fucking STAR WARS, and less of the family squabble shit
Ultimately its Bespin/Han that is the black sheep, but it ruins Luke's shit too especially by the time you get around to the brain cancer inducing RotJ.

fpbp

So the movie is bad because you disagree with its content?

Gay

>mouth breathers
t. ledditor

Yes? What else would constitute a movie being bad.
I mean I guess there are a lot of reasons a movie could be bad (editing, music, acting, etc...).
I don't understand what you're getting at, are all movies good by default unless they have some technical error?
Empire Strikes Back is bad because I don't like movies with nonsensical writing, yes.
I'm not saying ESB is bad because it focuses on stuff I didn't want to see, I'm saying it's bad because it focuses on the stuff I didn't want to see and did it badly. If the content had been good, I'd look the other way and be disappointed in the terrible title among other things. The majority of ESB's content, including its backstory (3 fucking years) is simultaneously the wrong content to follow up "Star Wars" and was done shoddily.

Based on the ending of the first film, who in there right mind would think Han would have been a primary focus of the sequel? The producers when they realized how bankable Ford and the character was
I mean they could have at least made him a Rebel pilot or something.

Ewoks is what made it perfect actually.

Saying "I want the movie to be about x but it is about y" it's not a criticism at all, it'd be like me picking a random tyler perry movie and complaining that it isn't about the life and times of george washington
According to the creators of the series the movies were always about family drama with a backdrop of a fantasy space war, if that doesen't appeal to you you should be watching a different franchise
A movie being a bad movie is determined by how well it managed to tell the story the staff wanted to tell, on a technical and artistic level. If you didn't care for the story in the first place that's just your personal taste

>ban anyone who disagrees with me
Way to miss my entire point, which is quite amazing considering how short my post was.

I doubt it.
Was probably more like:Kids already own Chewbaca, we need new toys!
Or Chewbaca didn't sell.

source: your ass
it probably cost them more to hire midgets

>PLEASE
t.reddit

I watched it for the first time as a little kid and I absolutely loved the Ewoks

I forgot that reddit invented capslock.

>i am SO smart
t.reddit

What noise do Ewoks make?

yub nub

the sub-plot of them thinking threepio was a god and shit wasn't that bad

they talk normally like humans
youtube.com/watch?v=pyvjc_20XpQ

But the story wasn't told well, not the fantasy space war backdrop anyway.
I mean neither was the family drama either (Again, Luke & Vader's relationship is goofy and emotionless), but at least it's there.
Bespin City, parts of Hoth, and almost all of RotJ are terribly written.
>>Luke didn't follow up on any of his space wizardry
>>Obi Wan never contacted Luke until Hoth
>>Han Solo has been aiding/hiding with the Rebels, but then decides to fuck off randomly
I disagree with some of the story elements, yeah, but any story can be good if it's told well. The Star Wars trilogy is pretty bad about this, with the excepion of the titular entry.

Of course it gets worse in RotJ with Leia's lineage and Vader's redemption. Perfectly fine story elements WRITTEN HORRIBLY.

This is the worst opinion I have seen in a while

I don’t get why the Wampa scene was included in the movie. It distacts from the imperial probe finding the rebel base. And the rumor that it explained Hamil’s facial scarring has been debunked.

At least them and the Gungas contributed unlike the porgs.

>And the rumor that it explained Hamil’s facial scarring has been debunked.
how

I guess it introduced Luke using, or attempting to use the force... for the first time since 3 years prior, triggering Obi Wan to wake up or something, I don't know.

and his fuckatrok and suckatrok

this, if you didnt want to party and have BBQ in basically a giant tree house with little furry bros, you are some sort of monster

Formerly S2ND

what a perplexing post

the ewoks are the payoff for Yoda's lesson about "size matters not" because Luke is the only one who takes them seriously effectively becoming part of his final Jedi trial

if you hate the Ewoks you hate ESB

>Battle for Endor
KINO!

If you have a problem with Ewoks I have a problem with you.

This is too long to be bait, and the moment you're supposed to stop reading is in the second sentence.
This is just plain autism.

Faggot.

>Like why was Luke even in ESB?
He is the main character faggot. LOL I bet you want to jack off to stormtrooper & vader scenes for 2.5 hours.

I still like how their faces exactly look like The faces of Indian men with beards

Sup Forums in 1980

Ewoks may be silly but they were thematically fitting as underdogs against the big bad empire. I've never had a problem with them personally and the celebration at the end is great.

Making a wookie planet a setpiece would at least make Chewbacca somewhat important. It would've been his moment.