ALL-NEW NO MORE BENDIS STORYTIME

ALL-NEW NO MORE BENDIS STORYTIME

Here's hoping DnAfags get triggered

It don't matter, none of this matters.

>you will never get hooked on a feeling again like in late 2013
Take me back

Oh boy

Meh. Thanks for the storytime though, at least now I know to avoid this.

Just realized, that Duggan is the man behind this. I think, it wasnt a bad first issue. Will stick for it.
Thanks for Storytiming, OP.

>still SYNERGY: the comic
eh

God damn it. They got me. I'm in.

Why is he a pacifist now? Did this happen in the previous run or his solo series?

OOGA CHAKA OOGA OOGA OOGA CHAKA

>November

Man, this thing got delayed up the wazoo.

Jeff Goldblum!

At least there's a hell of a lot more to "baby" Groot.

Neither. It happened in the time skip between GotG series.

>Synergy Guardians
God fucking damnit, Duggan you disappointed me. I'm gonna wait until the next arc I guess. The first Deadpool arc on his run was pretty terrible too (LMAO DEADPOOL HUNTS ZOMBIE PRESIDENTS)

Maybe this was genuinely good or maybe it's just that even "not offensively terrible" feels good in comparison to bendises of the galaxy. I'll wait for more.

I hope Quill gets a shave though, that beard looks like shit.

I fucking hate this Gamora outfit so much, even the white armor was better & striking then this shit...

Digging Kuders art, its way better than in IvX. Just hope this first arc is a transition/synergy arc like in DP

bump

>stupid colours all over
>movie costumes
>retarded joke on page two
>stupid sex joke not too long later
>even more retardness later
>Humphries Quill
>Baby Groot
>dumb Drax is here to stay
>stealing the Collector again
>still stealing!!!!
>THE MILANO!!!!!
>WALKMAN SOUNDTRACK!!!!!!!
>Continue Bendis and his collaboratos' amazing run
>space street crew
Hello Darkness, my old friend...

In the future, please put the title of the book in the OP

I take it that Galactus' Lifebringer phase isn't common knowledge.

>Dumb Drax is here to stay.

How was he dumb in this?

Nice redesign

>Destoryer
Editors? Hello?

Why are comic artists universally incapable of drawing a fucking raccoon?

You think Marvel has those?

This was really fucking bad....oh man.

Well someone does say "I thought his hunger was sated"

But if you see purple Galactus, what the hell would you do?

I liked it enough to keep reading. But then I wasn't expecting the second coming of DnA. Seriously, it's been 7 years now. It's time to let go you guys.

how so?

Out of all the movie synergy stuff, I'm honestly glad to have the milano in the comics. They needed a ship.

Because they never open up an art reference book and are used to only drawing humans. As a result Rocket usually looks like a dog since they have a vague idea what one of those looks like. Annoyingly enough I actually liked his design towards the end of Bendis'a run,his love G torso made him look less humanoid.

His long torso. Stupid phone.

DNAs run isn't even that great, the first two arcs are good then it's a steep decline, their Nova was way worse though.

>Pop culture reference
>Baby Groot
>The Milano
>And I Would Walk Five Hundred Miles--
>Destoryer
>Gamora isn't a whore

All of these are issues with this issue.

I've been burned for years on Guardians comics, and this issue was 4/5. Pleasantly surprised. Happy to have the new team.

>Gamora isn't a whore
How is this an issue

Yeah but nobody around here gives a damn about the actual quality of either. They don't dislike Bendis because, ya know, he's a bad writer. They dislike it because superficially it's not like DnA. If Star-Lord doesn't have a helmet and Gamora doesn't dress like a stripper that's an automatic write-off for a lotta folks round here.

>They don't dislike Bendis because, ya know, he's a bad writer.
Uhh, a lot of people dislike Bendis for that. Is bendis hate really the thing you're going to get up your own ass about?

>Pop culture reference

That actually specifically reminded me of that bit in DnA where Rocket sarcastically says he bought a gun off Ebay, and Quill's all like "How do you know about Ebay?"

>The Milano

If they're gonna bum around in a ship it may as a well be a purty one. Anything's better than the ugly POS they had in the last run.

Wasn't terrible. I am intrigued enough to check out the next issue.

Though I do concur with my scholarly friend here,

....I liked it.

>this is a double-cross
No, Gamora, this is just a single-cross.
Could you at least try to not be an idiot on top of already being terribly dull?

I am a paying customer, friend.
Wag you little finger all you want- but no giant green tits filling up entire panels and forcing me to read the page three times to sort the dialogue-no fucking sale.

THE GODDAMN RUSEMEN.

Grandmaster, you know the Collector, you know he has a more exquisite collection than you, your deal is obsessive gambling.

>People keep on bitching the costumes are movie tie ins
>None of them are the same.

For what purpose?

>>dumb Drax is here to stay

HE ATE A FUCKING INFINITY GEM. This isn't nearly the dumbest Drax has been.

People forget Space Vin Diesel was a recent development.

I like DnA's GotG because it actually had a story and the team had a purpose. Bendis' is just a shallow, obvious cash-in on movie hype. I don't care if Star Lord has a helmet or not. I care that he's been reduced to a meme spouting hipster. He was great in Annihilation where he didn't even have a suit or a weapon and was just a fucked up cyborg strategist.

Duggan's already doing baby Groot better than Gunn.

I liked it. People just love to complain about first issues too many times. Screw you, Sup Forums. You and your tiny american wieners.

Meh, it's ok. The only thing that triggers me is the shitty art.

>I care that he's been reduced to a meme spouting hipster

How is he a hipster? Because he likes dadrock? What memes does he spout?

Loving the art, and unlike Bendis' the quippy banter is at least a bit funny. I'm willing to give this a shot. Way more interested in how Starlin's read of the Guardians turns out, tho.

Pre IG, The Silver Surfer tricks him by letting him get distracted by a sit-com.

Huh, so that's the new Grandmaster design. Not sure how I feel about it yet.

It was a pretty mediocre issue, and it's pretty much what I expected. Duggan did the exact same thing with the first arc of Deadpool, it was a transition from the Way stuff that had come before. The dead presidents arc was awful, but after that it started getting really good, and is now one of my favorite books.

Plus, the baby Groot thing was obviously movie mandated, but he took it and did something intriguing with it. I want to see where it goes, and Duggan promised me a Rich/Star Lord reunion.

People forget that Giffen/DnA didn't create Drax, Gamora, Groot, and Star-Lord.

Just for you buckaroo.

I'm really hoping Duggan is doing what he did with Deadpool when he started on that

The collector lost everything except his last guard thanks to Thor.

>baby groot
>quill never wearing helmet

Still better than Bendis but man oh man did the movies absolutely destroy the Guardians in comic form.

The Guardians were over in comic form, they were disbanded at the end of Thanos Imperative.

>Pacifist Drax
I'm somewhat interested.

I may have misinterpreted, but Duggan said on a podcast Deadpool #30 would be Scott Adsit's last appearance in the book, and he implied he'd be joining the Guardians. Again, may have misinterpreted it, but it sure sounded that way.

Why are people so salty about DnA shit not existing anymore?

We just had an award winning Guardians run by Bendis (an Eisner Award Winner for you normies)

We have a great Nova run currently.

Drax? Ongoing. Star Lord? Ongoing. Rocket? Ongoing. Groot? Ongoing. Gamora? Ongoing.

Kuder is much better utilized on this than Death of X.

The Collector only has more stuff, the Grandmaster specified his collection as being more "exquisite". He had Quake before Quake was a thing.

>that makes quill the most put together of all of us
I hate post-movie Rocket.

This was fucking terrible.

That's actually pretty cool right there

Go back to your THICC threads, you pervert.

Gambling isn't the Grandmaster's thing it's competition. And obviously he's competing with the Collector for best collection. Works reasonably well in character.

>With the Groot story, I loved the Walt Simonson Thor run and he spent some time building up the Surtur. We saw him building that sword before we even knew who it was, or what he was doing. We'll crib from that a little bit but we have a story to tell there.
Who's this guy going to turn out to be, Sup Forums?

I enjoyed this issue, movie synergy isn't bad when it makes DnA faggots whine like little bitches.
Gonna put this in my pull list.

So is this like a reboot and the DnA run never happened and retelling their origin more in line with the movie? Why are they thieves? What's going on?

>double-cross
>deceive or betray (a person with whom one is supposedly cooperating).
Like how Grandmaster deceived them by not saying they were stealing from the Collector.

So I wouldn't be calling others idiots if I were you, user.

>They don't dislike Bendis because, ya know, he's a bad writer. They dislike it because superficially it's not like DnA.

I do hate him because he's a bad writer but yeah as much as I put Giffen and DnA's work in the #1 category I do have to agree these DnAfags are getting annoying.

Also I liked this issue despite the inconsistencies not to mention DnA broke up so you will never see them together ever again.