Daily reminder.

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2017/biz/news/lego-batman-big-little-lies-1202407837/
archive.is/zhE35
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>yet Super only gets a 49%

Fuck this gay earth

Daily reminder of what?

I'm gonna see it on Friday. Don't have high expectations, but I enjoy cosmic Marvel enough to want to see more of Gunn's goofy take on it.

Wow, that score is 32% higher than BvS and SS scores combined.

That description seems about right.

The rule with almost all films is to take around 7% off their aggregate score, and then you have a mostly accurate rating. Yes, that includes stuff that's already low, like Warcraft or BvS or whatever.

>loved by critics
>loved by audiences
>going to crush JUSTass League at the box office
and people want to call this a "war"

Seriously though what are the odds of WB being shut down by the end of the year? AT&T isn't going to want to keep that money pit around

Blatant baiting aside, even complete box office failure can't kill the Batman or Superman IPs. Wondie and the Justice League proper might have to go away for a decade or so if both films completely bomb (they won't) but DC is waaaaay too ingrained in pop culture.

There's no chances whatsoever.

Christ you people are both pathetic and delusional.

>DC is waaaaay too ingrained in pop culture.
Not anymore it isn't

You fuckers need to stop putting on the tomatometer. It means fuck all to the film's overall quality. All it means is that 85% out of less than 150 critics recommend seeing it on some level.

The average score is a better reflection of the film's quality. 7/10 is probably the most reasonable score after having seen it.

It is, but only because of videogames and Nolan Batman. The movies aren't doing them any favors.

However, a more accurate statement would be "Batman is still waaay too ingrained in pop culture". Nobody gives a shit about Green Lantern or Aquaman or Cyborg.

Suicide Squad was probably the film with the biggest cultural influence of last year.

It really is.

>"Batman is still waaay too ingrained in pop culture"
If that's true then why did Lego batman bomb?

Marvel shills, user. They think they have the best job ever but they're just unpaid deluded fools.

Yeah and I bet the atomic bomb was culturally influential to Japan.

it's just really fucking autistic

It was though.

Well no shit it was, but a bomb is not a film is it?

Because Lego Batman didn't fit the public's perception of what Batman should be.

People love Batman because he's the brooding loner who's dark and mysterious, Lego Batman was too comedic. People don't want comedy and satire out of Batman, they want edgy drama.

If it's so unimportant then why is it the BIG number?

This thread has a lot of very, very stupid people in it.

lego batman didnt even bomb, ignore this fag he's retarded

I really, really didn't want Ego to turn out to be evil.
But whaddaya know.
Marvel's got to have a bad guy...

Who Peter can defeat by creating Pacman using Cosmic Force.

Its hard to come back to this board due to the people this guy describes

>The LEGO Movie - $469.2 million
>The LEGO Batman Movie - $308.7 million

Isn't Ego always evil?

Or a complete asshole, at the very least?

>Duuh I lieks teh big numbahs

>The LEGO Batman Movie - $308.7 million
On an $80 budget

And a sequel focusing on a single IP instead of its predecessor.

And not counting merchandise profits due to, ya know, LEGO.

What a complete disaster.

>7/10
pfffffpfffsssHHHh...... hhaahAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Possibly. I don't really know Cosmic Marvel all that well.
However I'm sick of the father figure always having to either turn out to be evil, or die before the end of the film.

Something funny about an average 7/10 score? Seems consistent with people's opinion of it.

>Using RT as an indicator of quality
Guess that means Ghostbusters 2016, Revenge of the Sith and Dark Knight Rises are good.

i literally only come here one Wednesdays these days, just for the story times and to check a few other threads if i feel like it.

Sup Forums was good once you know. once.

>Possibly. I don't really know Cosmic Marvel all that well.
Well gee whiz, maybe you shouldn't complain about things you don't know anything about.

What else do they do?

Quill's dad was evil in the comics too.

i hate to use the term as i hate the fanboysim shit, but you fucking marvelfags are retarded to think a film making over twice is budget is a flop.

Depends, he's not good, but he isn't exactly always evil either.

>Another blantant Marvel shilling and baiting thread.
I wish Marvel was capable of making good comics, enjoyable games or discussible movies, so you shillls can enjoy your company other than bait casuals with shitposting.

>JUSTleague of murder sucks
>Praises Reddit the movie

Wanna dance-off bro XD

Not so fast, Mahvel!

I don't think you know what the numbers mean.

by next year it will be 9%

where are the all of the negative reviews are coming from?

>by next year it will be 9%
And it will have -300 reviews.

OP shows all critics. user replied with top critics. The top critics rating tends to be lower, for any movie.

Why would you subtract an arbitrary number from the favorability rating? That makes no sense. Do you think the selected critics lied about liking the movie?

yeah next time for sure

most people are shitting on the films comedy

and that's what people liked about part 1

>Daily reminder.
Please no. We get enough MCU and DCEU shitposting as it is. It managed to ruin Sup Forums and make Sup Forums worse than it already is.

Wait so Stanley's scene prove that 1 ALL THE STAN LEE ARE THE SAME PERSON 2 he's not a Watcher.

Is he actually no joke TOAA?

>Wait so Stanley's scene prove that 1 ALL THE STAN LEE ARE THE SAME PERSON 2 he's not a Watcher.
>Is he actually no joke TOAA?
Officially he is working FOR the Watchers. Likely because Stan doesn't LOOK like a Watcher. And he shows up on Earth far too much to be a real passive observer. So he is an Alien Informant, an agent of the Watchers.

Also, TOAA is generally consider Jack Kirby.

It provides evidence that he was a FedEx employee at some point. And I'd think the Watchers would give a shit about what TOAA had to say. And I'd also think TOAA wouldn't need to hitchhike his way around the Milky Way.

Fuck yes.

But also; please keep Sup Forums shit out of here.

Honestly, I thought it was better than the first.

The intro being Baby Groot dancing had me worried, but the character interaction was better than the first and I though Ego was a much better villain than Ronan. The visuals were also fantastic, which is refreshing to see in a Marvel film considering they're usually really flat for films about something so fantastical.

My only big issue was that the pacing was bizarre. It all seemed like one big act after Ego showed up.

Super was a shit movie.

>Wondie and the Justice League proper might have to go away for a decade or so if both films completely bomb (they won't) but DC is waaaaay too ingrained in pop culture.

Wonder Woman is the only DC film that has a high chance of bombing. One, because of how bad the DCEU brand is right now. And two, being sandwiched between so many box office hitters, leaving it no room to grow.

Justice League won't bomb, but it could seriously underperform like Batman v Superman, damaging the DCEU brand even further.

you left out the biggest reason why Wondy is set to bomb

Audiences loved Gal as Wonder Woman in BvS. Of course, that can change now that she has to kill two hours of screentime.

If you're making an argument that Gal can't open a big budget film, the same can be said for Chris Hemsworth and Chris Evans, who have yet to match their box office success when not playing Marvel characters.

I feel like a crazy person for liking it by far the least out of all MCU movies.

If possible, I'd vote for Tomatoposting to be banned. I don't care if it impedes freedom of speech, it belongs to pleb boards like Sup Forums. It doesn't incite meaningful discussion, only give shills a feeling of having a purpose in life.

I think it was good. Had a good time watching it with my dad. I watch all superhero movies with him.

Yeah... "Stalker" holds a 100% score and it is shit. So...

>I really, really didn't want Ego to turn out to be evil.

...Diidn't you know the character? He's a douche. Always has been.

>I don't really know Cosmic Marvel all that well.

Then you should refrain from commenting on this movie altogether.

Fathers die. It's a sad fact of life. But all fathers would wish to die the way Yondu did.

Oops, spoilers!

YOU DON'T PAY OFF REVIEW SITES!

It's the most "out there" and flamboyant of all of them.

>Then you should refrain from commenting on this movie altogether.
The movie isn't the comic though, user.

that said I really liked the imagery in this one and can see a lot of Kirby influence there

because you are

this is one of if not THE best mcu movie

Even Thor 2?

i think i should adopt your way of dealing with this place and the people, I'll see you next week

>53 votes

Ok Howard, relax.

The problem with the movie is that it felt like an expansion for the first movie rather than a sequel.

YOU DON'T SHILL ON IMAGE BOARDS

>ctrl f "dc"
>7 results
oscarlets not even once

>7/10
>Certified Fresh Button
What are the qualifications to be "Certified Fresh" anyway?

>Movies and TV shows are Certified Fresh with a steady Tomatometer of 75% or higher after a set amount of reviews (80 for wide-release movies, 40 for limited-release movies, 20 for TV shows), including 5 reviews from Top Critics.
the big number is the only one that matters

>WB
WB won't be. The DCEU won't even be. If anything, they're going to pivot. The rumor is refocusing on individuals character trilogies technically set in the same universe that make no direct references to the other heroes, with Gotham getting the biggest push and being the closest thing to the concept of a shared uni with Nightwing, Batgirl, Sirens, Batman, and to a lesser degree Squad getting the push.
>AT&T isn't going to want to keep that money pit around
AT&T never went through with the purchase did they?

it'll be done by the end of the year

>AT&T never went through with the purchase did they?
They will just like Apple is about to buy disney for pennies on the dollar because of their involvement in Pixar

Please don't be lying. I want WB to be decapitated as a corporation. Everyone who has been calling shots should have been jettisoned years ago.

Deserves it desu. gud muvi
"AND HE DIDN'T SAY FRICKIN'" earns it that -15% alone though.

WB had their second best fiscal year in 2016, it's the only studio with succesful IPs not bought for billions upon billions. Better get used to them and HBO because they are the only things AT&T is interested in

>Nebula, Drax, and Gamora ready for action
>Mantis scared in the back

Kawaii.

I don't understand how some people still find this difficult. The percentage of the "Tomatometer" is a representation of how many of the aggregated reviews were favorable towards the movie. It tells you how many critics thought the movie was good. It's "Certified Fresh" because a sufficient number of critics thought the movie was good.

The average rating, 7/10 in this case, is the average score of the aggregated reviews. Some critics may have given high scores, some may have given low scores, but all taken together it nets an average rating of 7/10. That's an average rating, not a median rating.

None of this should be difficult to comprehend for anyone who's old enough to navigate the Internet by themselves.

Based on all the action, heart, and beauty that permeated these GotG films, I hope that if the Incal ever does become a movie, Gunn directs it since he's not afraid to go big, weird, and human; he might even be capable of making Difool more of a compelling protagonist that actually grows as the story progresses.

that was a long time ago now they're just hemorrhaging money I mean just look at this

variety.com/2017/biz/news/lego-batman-big-little-lies-1202407837/

or if you prefer an archive version
archive.is/zhE35

they're literally weeks from bankruptcy

>None of this should be difficult to comprehend for anyone who's old enough to navigate the Internet by themselves.
It's because there are too many people who genuinely think their opinion is the only right one, and that it is impossible that someone else might like something they didn't like.

Just as even the crappiest film have at least 10% fans, the best film in the world would still have 10% of people who don't like it. This is what it means to have preferences. And the 10% of people who didn't like it might be mature enough to know that their preferences is not everyone else's. But many would not be mature.

It is like how I personally don't like BvS, but that there are people out there who genuinely like BvS and they are not "wrong" for liking it.

I mean, they did call it Volume 2.

I think there's always a certain amount of hype and fanboyism involved, which skews the numbers upwards slightly.

Especially with big budget franchise films.

>I think there's always a certain amount of hype and fanboyism involved, which skews the numbers upwards slightly.
>Especially with big budget franchise films.
Except you are not removing fanboyisim. You are removing the opinion of 7% of the reviewers.

The score is the percentage of the reviewers who liked the film. You are deleting 7 % of the people who voted.

And I've found that when I do that, that pretty much lines up with how I'd rate these films.

Because a small percentage of these reviewers are caught up in hype, and therefore need to shaved off your expectations of a film.

I'm not saying that there should be a mechanism on RT that disregards a bunch of reviewers. Just that doing this usually gives me a score that reflects how I feel about a film, and therefore is something I take into account before watching things.

You're a shit tripfag. Get the fuck out.

>And I've found that when I do that, that pretty much lines up with how I'd rate these films.
You can't possibly "rate" a Rotten Tomato score by yourself. It is literally "upvote or downvote".

What you are doing, is claiming "7% of the reviewers have no right to like this film". That is bizarre.

What you are really saying, is that you believe too many people like films you don't like. And that you want to treat their opinions as not important.

Look under the actual score and you will see the REAL percentage score. Which in the case of the OP image is "7/10."

Trying to take 7 % out of the Tomato metre makes no mathematical sense. That's not how it works. You are confusing the two separate ratings.

Not shut down, just slow down. I mean, just because every film, or every film after the first, in a series gets shit on by critics, doesn't mean the series is going anywhere.

>Land Before Time Sequels
>Twilight
>Mazerunner
>Resident Evil
>Alvin and the Chipmunks
>Transformers

The list goes on, but I think my point is made.

>What you are doing, is claiming "7% of the reviewers have no right to like this film". That is bizarre.

Not that user, but I think you're taking his claim more seriously than he is.

He's just saying that a good rule of thumb for him to get an idea of how much he'll like the film is to take 7% off whatever the RT score is. I don't think he's saying that 'too many people like films you don't like'. He's not saying like his opinion is the be-all end-all.

>He's just saying that a good rule of thumb for him to get an idea of how much he'll like the film is to take 7% off whatever the RT score is.
"How much he likes the film" is a out of ten score, which is NOT what the Tomato Meter is measuring. That makes as much sense as trying to tell how sweet is a softdrink by looking at its colour. He is litterally making shit up that made no sense.

If he wants to know "how much he likes the film", then the 7/10 average review score is what he was looking for, not the Tomato Meter. Taking 7% out of the tomato meter meant he had no idea what the fuck it is.

What makes me more confused is The Watcher's rights.

Weren't they part of the F4 pack?

Did Gunn got them with Ego in exchange for the Deadpool teenager sidekick?

>slow down
well that's not happening

This is some serious autism.

Just chill.

Ultimately, the aggregate score is still a score out of 100. It exists to give you an idea of how likely you are to enjoy a film and how much you'll enjoy it. Cool your jets before you hit stratosphere, because you're getting close.

>Ultimately, the aggregate score is still a score out of 100. It exists to give you an idea of how likely you are to enjoy a film
True
>and how much you'll enjoy it.
False.

These two scores are separate for a reason.

>And I've found that when I do that, that pretty much lines up with how I'd rate these films.
Do you even understand what the aggregate rating means? Pro tip: it actually is not there to tell you how good the movie is.

I'll try to explain your stupidity to you. Say you have 20 people watch a movie. You ask all of those 20 people to raise their hand if they liked the movie. It's not a question of how good the movie is, and it's not a question of what rating they'd award the movie. It's just a question of whether they thought it was good or bad. You see 16 hands raised in the air. But then you refuse to count the last 2 hands. Why? Well its because, on a scale from 1 to 20, you think 14 is what you'd personally rate the movie. And that would make you incredibly dumb for reasons that should be apparent to anyone.