Welcome to the jailhouse rock

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N9V-K0roigg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Wew that is a complicated room

ah too late

I've seen enough prison movies to know where this is going

I wonder who Creel pissed off to end up here

This was kind of underwhelming. It has the melancholic tone though, which I liked.

That's a big guy

4 years later and we're still stuck acknowledging Infinity, can we move on at some point?

His smile and optimism: gone

And he is dead.

>A prison where the strong don't stay dead
Pretty fucked up I'm surprised he wanted to send Max there

I gotta I liked this more than the opening chapter of Royals. Royals feels a bit slow paced to me.

It´s Dreamslayer from the Extremists

This was great. Thanks.

you're welcome

Dang, that's a pretty sincere afterword.

>seemingly dying

He was very much alive at the end of Infinity.

Some of you guys give Infinity way too much undeserved shit. That being said, it was probably acknowledged here because nothing of note happened with BB's character during those 4 years.

Everybody except the Illuminati thought he was dead. Plus it seems to be mentioning some of the bad things he has done. Even mentioned people dying during Terrigenisis which hasn't been acknowledged in years.

When did this happen?

Inhumans prime

Royals Prime, I think, though the body swap wasn't specifically shown.

I liked it

I read Inhumans prime. and the first issue of Royals. Don't really remember there being a body swap at any given time

Anyway, picked up. Hopefully this last longer then six issues and Ward stays on board as main artist

This might be the only inhuman book I add to my list, I just hope it goes on longer then nova. I've been more marvel space stories that aren't complete crap

Inhumans Prime I meant, and as I just said, the bodyswap wasn't shown, just Maximus asking for Blackagar to "come close".

Great issue.

>10 people ID
>this one shill constantly posting how much he liked it
mmmmm, sweet.

What can they do at this point?

They probably think that no one will notice

>actually accusing people of "shilling" on Sup Forums

lol you ugly bitter autist virgin

Heaven forbid someone likes something you don't like

This issues weakenss are all down to editorial, or the lack thereof. The script should have been revised and tightened.
I liked it okay, and I think the writer could probably do better.
It has all the modern first issue problems. The comic doesn't really tell you who BB is, or how he got that way, or what the conflcits will be moving forward.
These things are not difficult to do. The origins of the entire FF are originaly presented in less than five pages. five.
People say that comics have changed. Have they changed so much that today's writrs can't do what what guys could do 60 years ago?
Marvel needs to learn from its own past.

>The comic doesn't really tell you who BB is, or how he got that way

Nigga, that is exactly what happened here and here > or what the conflcits will be moving forward.
Plus, how many prison stories aren't about how life in the prison is, or about planning an out-break?

>The comic doesn't really tell you who BB is, or how he got that way
It explicitly tells you who he is, both in the comic and a long description in the credit page. It tells you that Maximus pulled the switcheroo and sent BB to this prison disguised as himself.

>or what the conflcits will be moving forward
He wants to escape as the narration said, he has no powers, and we saw the main villain. We got a bit two characters talking about getting BB to join them.

He's a fantasy writer, but his book wasn't interesting to me so I dropped it. I'm willing to give him a second chance with this.

Ward did an interview at 11:20 youtube.com/watch?v=N9V-K0roigg

He said he is on it for the first 6 possibly 7 chapters then switches out and then comes back on.providing it last beyond the first arc of course

Doesn't sound like anything is confirmed after the first 6 it is definitely being played by sales

In other words, enjoy your mini-series

I mean in the greater sense, beyond one story.
>stealth mini
Yeah, I am a dumbass.

Also, I don't read text pages on #1's. The need for one alone indetifies it as an instant fail as a #1.

>The need for one
All Marvel books have them regardless of the chapter or the wring . Its part of their "new reader friendly" thing.

Sure, ibut this one is necessary and, again it is a number 1.
I am probably a dumbass, but I have a pretty specific idea of how a first issue should rock, and this one misses that mark.
It's a pretty cool comic, but a not a great first issue, imo.

>Black Bolt refuses to admit he's ever done anything wrong

People forget, Creel used to be a boxer, even fought Battlin' Jack Murdock.

Wisdom is important, who possesses wisdom may I ask?
Enjoy your shitty sales and getting canned faster than mosaic, inhuman scum

Pretty okay first issue, nothing special. Hope he regains his powers as soon as possible, talking Black Bolt is less interesting.

Instead of Royals #1-2 being released 2 weeks apart, they really should have been one double-sized issue. #2 has the proper cliffhanger ending that #1 lacked.

This was a solid start, but that art is fantastic.

Not a bad first issue and I really love the art.

Are there other good books with art by Ward? How's ODY-C?

Oh shit, I didn't realise this came out today. Guess I'll pick it up this weekend.

Really? Because it was heavily implied. A lot of people in the thread called it.

He did a few chapters of ultimates and iirc a short indy comic that I have never read.

I don't think having a 5 dollar book one week after the 5 dollar inhumans prime would have ended well. The max reveal should have been earlier perhaps have him respond when Medusa tells everyone she is dying in the first chapter and double up on the sting. Also they shouldn't have had to spend a chapter on the fucking Chitauri just to play up an event they aren't even in.

>whisper blow op open walls
>shout can level cities
The nerf is real.

I was planning on reading this purely for the art, but I'm pleasantly surprised at how much I liked the writing. It's really got the tone down.

They met before. Here theyre kinda acting like they didnt.

The Dazzler issue? The fought a bit but other than recognizing what he looks like Creel shouldn't know anything about him. Even the voice thing would be lost since Dazzler made sure none of the sound got out so he only saw him open his mouth.

I have a good feeling about this series.

What should the letters page be called?
I'm suggesting "The Last Word".

This was disappointing. Too much was wasted just on the fight scene and nothing substantial happened except for Black Bolt speaking. I had hoped for more third person narration.

There is decompression and there is slow burn, this is latter. Without the slow pacing the atmosphere of overbearing dread and melancholia would be lacking. It gives us time to think what Black Bolt is thinking, I think this is perfectly fine.

> nothing substantial happened

Black Bolt broke free.
Black Bolt tried to figure out where he is.
Black Bolt fought another prisoner, established a spot in the crowd.
Black Bolt thinks he has his voice back.
He doesn't, and seemingly dies.

This issue had a lot of stuff going on. Is this going to be one of those books people be Sup Forumsntrarian about for no reason?

For me the voice thing depends on how he does the next chapter. If he still relies on narration and keeps BB as a man of few wards It will be fine. BB doesn't talk because of his powers but it is noted from that family he isn't all that open with ways he can communicate either. Plus keeping his views semi hidden is part of the character its the reason he doesn't have internal dialogue. If he uses it simply to nerf him that is fine, if he uses it to circumvent his inability to then it is bad a misuse of the character. Hopefully it is the former. I don't see why he would need him to talk, he was doing great with the narration and as novelist he should be use to using it.

REEEEE
Black Bolt speaking is a fucking cop out. It's like Manny being able to speak and think. They got a novel writer just to make Black Bolt speak?
I was expecting a full on Gerber narration. "WHATEVER KNOWS FEAR BURNS AT BLACK BOLT'S SPEECH."

How was he supoosed to stop the guy by talking?

He has a way with words

I thought Priest was writing this?

Priest is writing a mini that starts in August.

What the fuck is this art?
Is Creel made of putty or something?

Sometimes.

Oh, cool, thanks.

The man became cocaine once, who knows

monument valley was a good game

Ok, user, you've introduced me to the amazing adventures of absorbing man.

Creel is so dumb.

Thicc skrull

Thank you.

But Medusa has been such a bitch, he should just get over it and take his ex sister in law as his new queen (she at least as hot as her sister).

Black Bolt daughterzoned her decades ago. He will probably get back with Medusa but deserves at least one hook up before then.

>reddit spacing
Dude.

So why is Creel is space jail? Last I remember he was in that SHIELD prison from Standoff and had a falling out with his waifu

We will probably find out later

bump for creel bants

Wait, I thought that Skrulls didn't have genders and they just mimic it when posing as another species?

I'm not sure a lot of the "female" skrulls that died in secret invasion just turned green upon death and didn't change to the typical dude looking skrull. Maybe they can be born a gender but it doesn't matter because they can change at will.

They do. It just matters little in a race of shapeshifters. Johnny Storm used to date one.
Supposedly their gender is whatever they feel most comfortable with according to runaways but a great many suspect that Xavin was just making shit up to shut rainbow-brite the fuck up.

my money is that he happened to find one of the shards of kobik, and due to his power whn he picked it up he was turned into a living cosmic cube himself
a notion so horrifying and blasphemus, some cosmic enforcer noticed and teleported him to space jail before he could even think

That always felt kinda selfish and shallow of her.