Post voice actors that are so severely over-the-hill that they're not even trying any more

Post voice actors that are so severely over-the-hill that they're not even trying any more

Other urls found in this thread:

tardis.wikia.com/wiki/The_Doctor_(Sympathy_for_the_Devil)
youtube.com/watch?v=kLLpqxcBOt4
youtu.be/ukXJvYVYNmg
youtube.com/watch?v=mg2uhwTeitg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Frank Welker is all but retired. Aside from the occasional Transformers thing, he doesn't appear in any cartoons anymore.

>OP pic is Tara Strong
>not Kevin Conroy

Honestly, Hyden Walch is the modern Tara Strong, in a good way, Tara Strong needs to retire

Literally prove me wrong

>If I keep posting it people will start agreeing with me

I don't know how she hurt you user, but maybe therapy would be a better rout than your weekly Tera hate boner thread

>look up IMDB
>99% of roles are Batman

I want to deny it but I can't
I love conroy but I get why people say he doesn't try anymore

He's still Fred and Scooby

He was so bad in the arkham VR game

Can't blame him though, it's a hard voice and he set a high standard to live up to when he was younger

Fuck's with her eyes? Got a little Lady Avarius thing going on there...

I used to like her, then I followed her on twitter.

Pro tip: If there's a celebrity you like, never look at their twitter unless you want to start hating them.

Oh yeah.

They stopped broadcasting Be Cool, Scooby-Doo in the US a year ago; I keep forgetting he's still in that show for the overseas broadcasts.

Him and Peter Cullen both have 1 role they can only do but thankfully they're perfect fits for them

I'm way younger, and would marry her. lol

Peter Cullen used to have a lot of range and could do softer comedic voices, a few celebrity impressions, animal noises and those fucking clicking Predator sounds.

It's a shame he's utilized exclusively as "tired epic serious Optimus Prime voice". Then again, he's in his 70s so maybe he can't do any of those other voices anymore.

OP is that fucked up German autist who keeps posting Marina Diamandis hate threads on Sup Forums. I recognize his posts anywhere.

Huh? Since when would a German even know who Tara Strong is.

Russi Taylor is in her 70s and is still pretty active as a VA, although not as much as she was in the 80s-90s.

>that pic where she's playing on her phone during a recording session
Tara needs to be dropped hard

Jon H. Benjamin isn't even trying anymore.

She still does voice Huey, Duey, and Lewie in the new Mickey Mouse shorts but on the rebooted Ducktales they gave the characters to someone else. Not wanting to overwork a septuagenarian?

DIdnt he say he quit voicing batman 12 batman roles ago

Duh?

>Ellory comic discontinued after we find out how her dad died and that someone has cancer.

Anyone who grew up in the 90s has learned to hate her and all of her voices.

Nope he's still doing it.

Marge is a hard voice to pull off
RIP her vocal cords

Ugh I found out Tara Strong was a jew via her twitter. Sad!

You guys are always talking shit

EVERY. TIME.

Fuck you. FUCK YOU

So? If you like her or her work, who cares?

She may not have a lot of range, but why would you hate her?

Considering how your post was crafted... you might want to head back to twitter. Bemused disgust!

I think Harry Shearer has lost it to a greater extent. Julie Kavner does sound pretty old and scratchy now, but she can still emote. Shearer doesn't even try to act anymore, he just reads off his lines in 3 seconds and calls it a day. I mean, he is in his 70s and has hated the Simpsons since 1993.

>caring this much about an offhand jew remark
Oy vey!

>She may not have a lot of range, but why would you hate her?
Not him but I presume it had to do with how horribly overused Tress was in the 90s. I mean, she doesn't do that much now except for the Simpsons and some Disney stuff, but during the Clinton years, she was in almost every goddamn cartoon there was.

Didn't the producers say that Harry Shearer literally just reads off his lines in a phone call to them, because he can't be bothered to record in the studio?

>Bobcat Goldthwait has lost his ability to do his signature voice and had to retire from voice acting and stand-up

I mean, I'm glad he found a new career in directing, but this depresses the hell out of me. We'll never hear him do his signature voice ever again.

I think the last time he even tried was in that Adventure Time episode with the spider couple from like 5 years ago, and he sounded so bad in that. You could hear his vocal cords sputtering and dying mid-sentence.

yeah. same with mark hamil.

Everytime he "quits" they add a 0

He's been doing that since the early 2000s. Also as he's gotten older, he dislikes doing the more straining voices like Otto and Mr. Burns (although of course Burns is too major of a character to write out of the show, so he still has to voice him regularly).

i saw a stand up with him around 2010 and yeah, he just cant do that voice anymore even though he tries at times. its pretty sad.

its kinda like with Paul Reubens when he does peewee. it just sounds like hes dying just trying to keep that voice.
I havent seen that latest pee wee movie so i dunno how well he performed the voice in that.

>The Simpsons will only die when so many of the original voice actors are dead that they don't have any main characters left

I wonder how much he's getting payed for his roles?

Eventually his voice will give out, and he'll olny be able to do the occasional Old Man Bruce. I hope he has alot of retirement money. Or maybe he doesn't, and that's why he's still voicing him.

You can't do harsh cheese grater voices forever. It catches up to you. And he's not even that old of a guy.

Daws Butler always said to not do those kind of voices, it will brutalize your throat.

>Due to a stroke, we will never hear Based Tim Curry in a cartoon ever again

I still haven't coped.

I have some good news for you

Didn't he record those lines before he had his stroke?

Curry had his stroke like half a season into Transformers Rescue Bots and they had to scramble to find a soundalike. I don't think he's done any VA work since then.

Anybody know what the FUCK happened to David Warner?

I remember he was in every cartoon in the 90s, then a couple seasons into Billy & Mandy he quit and moved back to England and hasn't been heard in a cartoon since (or done any shitty horror movies, which I REALLY miss him from).

Doctor Who took him to play an AU Doctor.
tardis.wikia.com/wiki/The_Doctor_(Sympathy_for_the_Devil)

im surprised charlie adler can still do his high pitched,whiney type voices.

youtube.com/watch?v=kLLpqxcBOt4

He died, dude.

>doublecheck
Wait, what the fuck?

Most of Russi Taylor's characters are pretty high pitched and she still does them (?)

But lifestyle choices affect your voice as well such as alcohol and smoking, actually all of the BTAS cast were chain smokers.

Yeah, I was surprised to find out he was still alive, too. When he just suddenly stopped appearing anything, I figured he was dead.

Warner's actually only 75, too, which isn't even that old (means he retired from cartoons in his mid 60s). He's just one of those guys like Christopher Lloyd whom everyone assumes is a geezer because he's been playing "old man" characters since his late 30s.

Like I said, the Doctor Who guys stole him from cartoon work.
youtu.be/ukXJvYVYNmg

she still does minnie mouses voice just fine.
whats funny is that her current take on Martin Prince from the simpsons has a much higher pitch compared to the older episodes.

Nancy Cartwright also does Bart's voice a lot squeakier than she used to, in the Ullman shorts and Seasons 1-3 especially, he sounded really low and flat.

June Foray in the DuckTales Remastered video game and the DreamWorks Rocky & Bullwinkle short was some of the roughest shit I've ever heard.

But she gets a pass because holy god, she's almost 100 years old and she's still working. (her Granny on Looney Tunes still sounds good, but that's because it's just June's normal speaking voice)

its not like the newer episodes are any good to begin with but i really dont like how she currently does bart.
im guessing it changed right after the movie.

She's been voicing Granny since she was in her 40s though.

It's like every VA in the Simpsons

You're gonna get paid mad dosh with little effort, so why bother take any other role

Which is funny.

She used to have to fake an old lady voice. Now the old lady voice IS her voice.

Wait, that's not funny, that's sad.

>actually all of the BTAS cast were chain smokers

I did not know that.

I think she was good as Twilight Sparkle.

At least in season 1 when Lauren Faust was personally directing her to keep her in check.
Then she either stopped giving a fuck or Vogel started forcing her to do a quarter-assed job.

>that one time he "quit" the show in 2015 in order to bait FOX into upping his paycheck

goddamn, I hope the Simpsons stops before Kavner and Shearer are dead and Dan Castallaneta ends up using his normal speaking voice for Grandpa Simpson.

I suspect Fox is just trying to limp its way to Season 30 so they can end on some arbitrary anniversary number.

He does have alot of retirement money, he's just too iconic and he still loves the character.

She's retained her higher register quite well, Tress MacNeille has lost pitch with age. She does still do Dot and Babs at cons, although it's probably more difficult than it once was.

And I'm sure the money helps.

Yes. Mark Hamill gave up smoking and got into shape for TFA a few years ago. I think that smoking had to do with Arleen Sorkin eventually ruining her voice.

She's been decent in Samurai Jack so far. I think a lot of it involves voice direction.

She looks so dirty and used and I like her exactly for that

he was in that awful rocky horror remake, and over the garden wall was a few years after his stroke.

I think he's either trying to get back into it, or he's trying to keep up with hospital bills.

I like what she's doing with Ashi in Samurai Jack. Started out a little wonky when Ashi was still a raging sperg but really got comfortable in the role once she calmed down.

I agree.

Kevin Conroy and Peter Cullen aren't being challenged anymore.

>Getting triggered this hard
kek

Granny actually got better with age.

The character first appeared in 1950, but someone else voiced her in the beginning. June Foray took over the role in 1955, so she was like 38 then.

I'm not even sure who would be a worthy replacement.

For her age, I thought she did really well as Magica in the game.

Still rough, but all things considered.

A voice like a chainsmoker

Didn't he voice Godfrey?

Charlie Adler is a vocal coach in addition to his VA work, so I'm sure he knows some tricks to at least keep your throat from fucking up too bad when doing those more high-pitched voices. I wouldn't be surprised if he was still voicing characters long after a lot of the VAs mentioned here retire or die.

youtube.com/watch?v=mg2uhwTeitg

nah he's still good

Daws Butler also did voice coaching as well after he retired from full-time work (Nancy Cartwright was one of his pupils).

It's no different than singing. Proper technique and care of your throat is important, and if you don't do it right, you can ruin your voice at an early age like Bobcat Goldthwait.

Bruce Greenwood voiced the character in "Red Hood", and I thought he did a great job. He's the only non-Conroy actor who I've liked in the role.

I fucking love Charlie Adler.

What's with all of the Tara Strong threads today?

As much as I like KC, I kinda agree with this. Though I think part of the problem is that all of the roles he takes now just have Batman as an uncharismatic hardass, meaning he can just use the same angry tone of voice the whole time.

The entire cast of Under the Red Hood did a great job.

The last time Clarence Nash voiced Donald Duck was in 1983's "Mickey's Christmas Carol". One of the producers of the movie recalled that finding anyone who could perform the harsh voice was difficult and they were told "Clarence Nash is retired; don't go bother looking for him." He said there was a guy in Florida who voiced Donald Duck for orange juice commercials, but he sounded terrible.

In the end, they had no choice but to use the octogenarian Nash. They went to his home and "He was in his 80s and a little bit frail. We asked him for a voice check and he said 'Oh. Ok then. Just a moment.', cleared his throat, and then said in an almost flawless Donald voice 'Well, goddamn son-of-a-bitch!'"

I think Paul Williams (Penguin) was the only exception but then again he was a singer and I don't think he wanted to kill his career.
He still had drug and alcoholic problems in the 80s and 90s.
But thankfully he recovered and he still kept his voice (he did a collab with Daft Punk recently and it's like he didn't age a day)

Mark Hamill unJUSTed himself unbeliavably well.

>>Bobcat Goldthwait has lost his ability to do his signature voice
I thought he was fine as Smaug.

Walt Disney personally voiced Mickey until just after WWII when he quit due to smoking making him sound too gravelly (also he was pretty busy).

He did.

True, but I still felt like Batman was the weak link in that film. He was still pretty good, just everyone else outshined him.

Still, if any actor were to replace Conroy, I'd want it to be Bruce Greenwood.

I'd still fuck those titties, OP.

I could get behind that.