Cartoons are the only good media aimed at kids left, and even that's starting to change

Cartoons are the only good media aimed at kids left, and even that's starting to change.

It's no wonder kids nowadays want so badly to become adults, when being a kid is basically an inferior version of being an adult.

Kids always wanted be adults.
The little idiots.

>that's starting to change.
How do you figure?

>Teen Titans Go
>Good cartoons being aired sporadically
>Cartoon Network's future lineup looks like shit

And once they became adults, they wanted to become kids again.

Kids actually like Teen Titans go tho

Kids are to blame for CN being so shit theses days because they actually adore TTG and TGG makes CN a lot of money despite it's low production cost which means they have no reason to air quality shows anymore

Kids see adult life as having more power and control, while adults see kid life as joyful and simpler. In reality, all life is meaningless. Kid life is just as meaningless as adult life, but kids aren't mentally developed enough to realise it.

As long as kids like Teen Titans Go, OP's message doesn't apply. If they like it, they're not going to desperately want to grow up because of the lack of entertainment.

Cartoons and video games used to be the two areas of life where they would feel in control. This has all changed due to cultural changes.

It used to be that video games would be bought for kids, and they would dominate at them. However, times have changed and games are no longer seen as just toys for kids. The parents who buy video games are gamers themselves, and now they're the ones making the decisions and calling the shots, and the kids have been knocked to the sidelines. The Internet also plays a role, with all the popular YouTube channels and Internet sites being dominated by adults.

Cartoons haven't been effected quite as bad as video games, but one day, maybe they will.

Kids used to have their own culture. Now, everything has either gone to shit or been taken over by adults, so they have nothing other than the leftovers.

I have an idea for a cartoon about three gay-acting 10 year old boys. They believe walking to the toilet is a waste of time, so they just pee their pants whenever they need to go.

Holy fuck I just realised how awful that would be.

Remember the Chinpokomon episode of South Park where the boys and the other kids instantly start hating Chinpokomon once their parents start liking it? Remember how fucking lame it was that one time your mother or father tried to get into something you or your friends liked like a violent video game or some band or something? That's the whole fucking life of a kid these days since they're all raised by fucking 'muh 90s' wo/manchildren who watch Adventure Time and go to fucking Comic Con dressed as Sailor Moon or whatever the fuck.

Your parents would like the fucking games you like, your parents would like the fucking cartoons you like and would know what they're about and how much adult content/violence is in them, your parents would like the same YouTubers you like, your parents would know how to check your fucking internet history.

What a nightmarish existence the children of today and of the next decade will have.

With all that, it's no surprise today's kids don't like being kids. There's no value in it, when they have no culture of their own and are just watching adults control and be better than them.

>when being a kid is basically an inferior version of being an adult.

If only they knew....

I didn't mind when adults showed interest in the video games I played, because I could always beat them and feel superior. It's not the same today where adults dominate everything.

you have to be at least 18 years old to post here

I remember being a kid and consciously thinking "these are meant to be the best years of my life. i should be making the most of it while i can. i must be taking it for granted and not realize how good i have it."

Then I got to adulthood and thought "Holy shit, not having to live with my mother is awesome! I knew exactly how good I had it."

This thread is patethic and divorced from reality. It's like none of you even interact with kids outside of your loli doujins.

Is children's literature that bad off nowadays? I really can't tell because I don't keep up with it and mostly prefer older classics, sort of the same with animated films.

kys

All kids want to be adults

kys

Children don't even watch tv anymore, let alone cartoons. They just watch other people play videogames on youtube.

>kids want to be adults today
you're kidding right? this is the least mature, least driven generation of kids in history.
and you can't blame them. they're being told they can freely have sex now with free condoms, and live with their parents as long as they want for free. there's no reason to grow up

What the hell is this guy saying?

>Cartoons are the only good media aimed at kids left, and even that's starting to change.

It's almost as if a paradigm shift to internet entertainment has made a job more difficult for traditional entertainment, who would ever see that coming?

I think he's assuming that the generation that are children now are going to turn out exactly like the children who are entering adulthood now, who for various social and economic reasons are finding a lot of motivation to keep living with their parents in "an extended childhood."

But the thing is, we actually don't know if this trend is still going to be going on when this crop of kids gets to that age, because it hasn't happened yet and we don't know what the social/politcal/economic climate will be like then. He can only possibly argue and predict that the millenial generation preceding them is "setting a bad example," which may be true.

Also he's got some puritan style ideas about instilling "bad morals" by perpetuating ideals of free love and contraceptive practices.

Good. Western animation has been looked down for decades for the sake of appealing to kids, it's time to move on and change the perspective of animation in the west.

I'd hire you to help me storyboard better shows but you'll need a Master's, and 3 years of experience for this unpaid animation internship.

I was the same way, at 11 I figured I everything was going to go downhill and I was wasting my life. Things got so much better after I graduated high school, fuck anyone who thinks that being a teenager is the best time of life.

I still think that being a teenager was one of the best times of my life, I just think I was kind of aware of it. I still remember things like my senior trip and afterschool clubs and highschool buddies fondly. I just would never even for a moment consider trading the privilege and responsibility of having control over my own life to go back to it, because this is totally worth it.

I wish I was under 18 again, but I'm not.

1. The thread was about kids, not teenagers.
2. Wanting to be an adult is different from wanting to be mature.

YouTube isn't "aimed at kids" so the points made in this thread still stand. Kids don't have any culture of their own so they integrate into adult culture as inferior beings.

I have an idea for a cartoon about three gay-acting 10 year old boys. They believe walking to the toilet is a waste of time, so they just pee their pants whenever they need to go.