Why were the prequels so politically involved...

Why were the prequels so politically involved? So much of the movies have very detailed political and philosophical discussions. It's the kind of thing thats unheard of in the modern movie landscape. These movies are essentially Wagnerian neo-romantic escapades into political philosophy.

do you remember the politics were pants on head retarded/made no sense

Because.

>Why were the prequels so politically involved?
Because George is a complete hack.

Aside from the unfortunate anti-semitism, this image is painfully accurate.

Prove it faggot.

Official poster tier ranking:
4>5>8>3>2>6>7>1

I think 4 and 2 are clearly the best, 1 is decent, all the rest are shit

>be Trade Federation
>be super rich conglomerate (maybe...its never said what the fuck they are)
>buy your own army
>invade sovereign planet because Darth Sidious promised you...something ill-defined

>later take up arms against the government and help start a war that destroys the galaxy because of..."government corruption"

It's pretty clear the Trade Federation is under duress. The way they plead with him and are generally submissive in his presence clearly show that Sheev has power over them.

Why does the minutia of their relationship matter?

I guarantee, if there had been a scene about how Sheev had a bunch of incriminating evidence against them he was using to force them to go along with his scheme you faggots would just be screaming louder about how you found the politics boring because you couldn't understand them.

I remember when the politics made perfect sense and were WAY above the heads of his target audience and how it was partially his fault for targeting it at little kids and manchildren while simultaneously having Palpatine doing 5D chess.

>Why does the minutia of their relationship matter?

Because it is vague and ill-defined. Which wouldn't be a problem, if it wasn't for the fact that its a central point of the film.

Bait, but I'll bite.

They're not THAT involved, just more involved than the OT. The backstory of Star Wars from the start was about a Republic that rotted from the inside out due to corruption so the prequels were always going to be somewhat political.

Because George finds that stuff interesting. Try reading "The Star Wars," the original versions of the OT, they're also super political.

The trade federation would lose a lot of money from the new taxation laws the republic wants to instate
Sidious comes out to help them and promises them power within the senate
My best guess would be that he was the one providing funding or the droids for the invasion, but while not outright stated it's implied that sidious is providing something they would need to keep the occupation going
They also act scared a bunch of times about being in too deep and discuss how maybe entering a covenant with a sith lord wasn't such a good idea

>very detailed political and philosophical discussions
maybe for an american

they did though, maybe your just retarded

>trade federation
>block trade
>child queen
>guns in the arm rest of her throne
>retarded lizards given the position of a senator for no reason
>hippie space wizards being in charge of the military
>wizard manipulating the universe in to giving him sovereign reign
wow, so deep

> Be US government
> Shut down US government
> Be child of King
> King dies
> Have weapons in the throne room for protection
> Have semi-theocratic rule

The fuck's your point?

As a certified partition I have to ask where Rogue One fits into this chart? Whilst Jyn's tale skirts the repressively toed line of the mouse it measures heroics in a near oddesyan manner. It treats us to a sumptuous tale that is oxymoronically distant yet interwoven into the very fabric of a galaxy far far away. As a lover of Star Wars and all things Jedi (from maul to the porgs I've seen them all) I couldn't help but wonder if this film would have meant more wothout TFA's competitive shadow. I am loathe to detract from the multi faceted Boyega or the eager and wonderful Ridley yet I was drawn to the characters in A Star Wars Story that much more. Whether it was the guardians of the whills (step aside kanji klub, there's a new king of choreography) or the ferocious leaders of the rebellion there was a degree of gravitas and excitement that made me believe that everything was at stake. I found myself short of breath constantly, a feeling that is all too rare in the age of the cinematic universe. A frequent and frivollent adage has come to grip our Star Wars universe: The Force Is Female. I say we should leave that in the dust. Rey is a wonderful character but where men needed supernatural powers to succeed she should not. Out Jyn proved so And I hope to see other women prove the very same in future.

>As a certified partition
kek

i hope this is bait and not some hopeless redditor trying to go viral
>muh epic Sup Forums meme XD