The Amazing World of Gumball - The anniversary

>the first episode, The DVD, premiered on May 3, 2011
It has been 6 fucking years. So, let's have a anniversary thread.

Tawog early reel
youtube.com/watch?v=CpbSqQ0CrjQ

Other urls found in this thread:

programme-tv.net/programme/series-tv/r35325-le-monde-incroyable-de-gumball/9761946-the-news/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Loud House had one yesterday, Gumball today. Kind of cool desu.
There's already a Gumball thread up, but it's not exactly calling for celebration I suppose given it's anniversary I'll take Webm requests, but who knows if the thread will really last

>It has been 6 fucking years.
Im getting too old for this place

A HQ version of this

Nicole and adult Gumball are a couple, right? They look cute together

For some reason the subtitle files in the Mega are like this, so this is how it shows and honestly it's quite shit. If I find time later I might put the text over it myself, but don't hold out for that. Sorry lad

It's not ideal, if you can find me a download of the Spoon with better sub files I'll redo it

You fucking moron

How about a version without subs

Where's The News?
It aired yesterday in france.

>aired yesterday in france
Bullshit

programme-tv.net/programme/series-tv/r35325-le-monde-incroyable-de-gumball/9761946-the-news/

ez

Thanks!

Weird. I cannot find it anywhere.

It's that fucking old huh? Shit, I remember when it first aired.

nice thumbnail ya meff

>105x107
This is a cats show. Not an ants show

>Alan dating Masami first

oh my

Same here. It still seems like a "new" cartoon to me.

It also seems like the kinda show that would have an early death (like a Harvey Beaks/Chower/Flapjack), so I'm happy to see how long it's managed to stick it out for.

I remember hating the shit out of Gumball before I started to like it.

>I really was 13 when this show premiered
Fuck.

It's the best ship

Feels really weird that The DVD was the first episode ever. Not sure why.

Makes me miss season 1 a lot, it seems to be general consensus that the show got funnier as it went on but to me a lot of the charm was lost, not just talking about the art style. Not exactly sure what happened.

I remember when the episode premiered early on Boomerang and thought it was amazing (not a joke) I really liked the mixed media style because it reminded me a lot of Chowder which was my favorite cartoon to watch on CN when I was younger (besides reruns of Scooby Doo) I haven't watched too many modern episodes I should check them out though because Sup Forums seems to think they're good so thanks Gumball for introducing the style of one of my favorite cartoons to a new audience

I have the same feelings

Most of the Gumball fans around here are fans of how the show is right now (as you would expect for any show). But there is also a contingent of fans who favor S1 over what the show has become like myself. Of course, they don't post in threads as much, because they don't watch the show nowadays

Yeah. The show nowadays is by no means a bad show, but the first 3 seasons feel like they had the most heart put into it. There was more character consistency and development, and the animation felt less cut and paste.

I dunno, those are points many people have already made but it's hard to explain why the show feels so aesthetically different nowadays.

I feel the seasons in terms of enjoyment for me rank
2 > 4 > 3 > early 5 > 1 > late 5

Season 1 gumball had a different sort of charm to it but I didn't think it was especially funny or good overall.

feels like yesterday since I became a fan.

I hope when the show ends it goes out strong!

This image has this 'well, I guess I turned out well adjusted in spite of the constant childhood incest' vibe to it. Still hot.

They got away with this...

Carrie's Dad literally dies after being reborn lel

Huh, 6 years now, and to think it's still one of the most popular shows on CN, while Regular Show ended, AT is slowly dying, and Ben 10 has been rebooted to hell and back.

It shows how great of a show it still is, even if season rot has begun to show up.

It didn't air. The Vase aired instead and today was The Ollie.

So why did the TV guide say it would? Is it supposed to air later?

>AT is slowly dying
Gumball is slowly dying too. S5 is the season with the worst ratings.

Yet the show is still popular all over the world.

ratings would be higher if most of us didnt watch the show online.

the networks need to take that into consideration

TV ratings as a whole are declining aren't they. Cable is becoming outdated

That's why the episodes were pre-released on CN VOD.

Which probably goes a lot towards the declining ratings.
How much viewers did S5 do anyway? Didn't The Origins do 3+ Million? Those are amazing numbers honestly

>Didn't The Origins do 3+ Million
KEK no.

I checked, 2.17million still isn't bad senpai. It's actually still quite good.

>How much viewers did S5 do anyway?

And hundreds of sentient pieces of bread getting killed in one episode.

Seriously someone needs to make a death counter for that episode.

Same. Even though the show has gone downhill I can't help but get excited about new episodes.

Anyone able to help this dude?

>a mohawk
I don't know man. I have a shit ton of Nicole pictures but I don't remember something like that.

so..this was released today

Oh. It's nice to see acknowledgement of the show's anniversary.

I wouldn't exactly say a decline in quality caused much of the ratings collapse but that rather, that it's caused by the decline in ratings of the network as a whole. Back just two years ago, ratings consistently below 1.5 million were considered dangerous and there was no such thing as a prime time show that rated below 1 million. Now a days, prime time premiers consistently rate below 1 million and My Knight and Me continued airing a few weeks more after it scored less than 500,000 views on a few of its permieres.

Shhh.
That goes against the narrative that they are trying to push.

He gives some more details in the later posts Honestly I figured with all the stuff I see here one of you would know the image. I don't really into Gumball fanart

I love Gaturo art. His Gumball/Nicole pictures are the best

Season 1 Gumball was so qt

>2011
time will never stop marching, huh

Indeed

>Teri

I thought it was too mean spirited at first. I flicked on it and all I saw was everyone shitting on Bobert and then Tobias saying who cares he's not a real boy.
Felt harsh af, not actually sure what made me stick with it, think I liked the clips here too much to not give it another shot.

Genuinely think S1 really wasn't very good at all. I enjoyed it on my first watch through and even enjoy the episodes now, but I don't really feel it has a charm. If anything it seems to lack one, because it just apes similar shows in the genre in a very cookie cutter fashion

It tried to be a little more slice of life.
Now it's more densely packed with jokes and I feel like the dialogue is more focused on wit than naturalism.
It's definitely a trade off.

Isn't that the season they burned off in a month? I'm not surprised the ratings were bad.

Man, smoking is so fucking cool.

>If anything it seems to lack one
How is current Gumball any different

>"I'm gonna be just like Granny JoJo when I grow up"
Kekked even though I probably shouldn't have because my grandma died from smoking.

>implying you're not ever gonna Die

Holy shit, man.
I still remember being in middle school with my friend seeing commercials for this show and thinking "Wow that show looks so dumb, I bet it's gonna be a dumb show"
And then I ended up loving it
Also holy shit the loud house anniversary is a day before AWOG? That's pretty rad

Can't believe 2011 was 6 years ago. Feels like just yesterday you could CTRL + F "trapball" in any Gumball thread and find at least 10 results.

source?

Seriously.

>It's not worth it, Gumball!
said by a ghost who abuses your friend body for your own amusement.