Does no one else fucking hate when Japanese animation studios get a hand on Western properties and fuck them up?

Does no one else fucking hate when Japanese animation studios get a hand on Western properties and fuck them up?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iKHUF7e0hK0
youtube.com/watch?v=l21HLncmHGU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>fuck them up
>Gotham Knight
kys

Sorry what? What did they fuck up? It's better than anything WB have brought out in recent years

Example?

As much as i find this to be incorrect, the OP is even more so.

Gotham Knight is 100% a better film than The Dark Knight Rises.

I want the early 2000s back

This is what you should have lead your thread with OP.

same user, same

I just want the old quality before the Nu52 movies, like Dark Knight Returns, the Elite, Flashpoint Paradox

This movie was awesome you stupid buffoon.

>Gotham Knight
>Bad
Next you're gonna tell me Halo Legends was bad

But it's totally okay when a western institution does the same to a Japanese property, right?

>"Let's take this Japanese story specifically making commentary about modern Japanese culture, starring a Japanese cop, and cast a white bitch as the lead!"
I mean, nobody was saying that Ghost in Shell was easy to adapt or anything, but come the fuck on now.

At least Gotham Knight managed to keep to the fucking point. Goddamn.

We get on movie a year that's high quality animation and two that are done for cheap. That's the rule now. We had caped crusaders last year and before that was assault on arkham and gods and monsters. Unless Harley Quinn turns out to be a master piece judas contract will be this years only well animated film and then we get caped crusaders 2

Yeah that movie was pretty underwhelming and the animation was garbo, all except the first short story. That one was amazing, animation and story. True kino

The writers were all american comicbook guys. Azzarello and Rucka both did an episode.

GitS' whitewashing was the least of its problems.

Hated this fucking thing. Awful

One 1 Japanese studio has ever got it right.

Pic related.

Some of the segments were really beautify animated here. Stylistically there was only one segment that took the anime look too far.

I mean... come the fuck on.

No, just modest, and none of those are the DC DTV films, the one that has high quality animation in the year is the Tom & Jerry DTV and Yearim does a great job on those.

In short, that Tom & Jerry and Charlie And The Chocolate Factory movie had much better animation then any DC project (except for Green Lantern First Flight and whatever little animation TMS did in house for Doom & Elite as those were mostly outsourced to lesser studio).

They did the absolute best Tiny Toons episodes

Fuck off TMS fag.

They did the best episodes period.

Spider-Man was mostly done by Korean studios so that does not count and TMS' normal Japanese staff was doing Nostradamus at the time so whatever staff in Japan that was doing Spider-Man most of them ending up leaving TMS to find ufotable anyway.

You don't like anime teenager Bruce Wayne?

>Johan dyes his hair.png

the elite was awful. it totally ruined the point of the original story by changing the ending.

and flashpoint had an awful artstyle, and was super condensed because flashpoint was spread among various books.

DKR was pretty good though.

>Robocop voicing oldbats

that was glorious

>But it's totally okay when a western institution does the same to a Japanese property, right?
no, I'd say that with very rare exceptions, that's actually worse

Elite was fun but sloppy as the film was ditched to multiple studios as TMS only did the moon fight in house.

Also development hell.

Fuck you, Gotham Knight was great and I wish Superman got his own anime anthology movie.

Die in a fire, TMS shill.

Oh yeah,because those Japs sure fucked up Batman really bad.

Tbh Weller's performance was the one weak part of the DKR film for me. The rest was great.

Especially the soundtrack. It's theme is honestly my favourite Batman theme.
youtube.com/watch?v=iKHUF7e0hK0

Hearing Kevin Conroy's voice come out of that mouth was so fucking disconcerting.

That was the only segment with such bad designs tho, the rest are fine.

The problem I have with the whitewash shit is that the characters slmot never look Japanese. Like the Major looks like a white bitch. Goku looks like a white guy, etc etc.

I mean, yeah, it kind of eschews most, if not all previously established stuff from the comics in favor of telling its own story, but it's not bad, per se.

Over 10 years later, and Masane's death still gets me misty-eyed. Don't you fucking judge me.

Oh great, TMS fag is here.

lilo and stitch

This reminds me of Batman Hong Kong
The comic that was done by Chinese comic legend Tony Wong

I always thought that was supposed to be their rendition of Christian Bale. Kinda looks like him if he were an animu.

Gotham Knight is comfy as fuck.

In Darkness Dwells was my favorite. It has a very Mignola like style.

youtube.com/watch?v=l21HLncmHGU