Aquaman #22 Storytime

H2.0 finale!

What are some good Abnett novels that he's written? I want to see if his writing holds up without an illustrator.

The Gaunts Ghost WH40K series

How can my Aquaman be so cute

I love DC.

Enjoyed this issue interesting to see Arthur making flawed decisions and taking the easy way out. I'm guessing this issue will have repercussions involving dolphin.

Next:
>“CROWN OF ATLANTIS” part one! Beleaguered by ceaseless conflict with the surface world and rising frustration with their outsider king, the people of Atlantis take steps to depose Arthur from his throne. And he won’t let go without a fight! The next major movement of the AQUAMAN saga begins here!

In case you forgot who he is like I did,
this is the Atlantean Deluge member he fought in the Rebirth issue.

Next issue's cover. See you guys in two weeks.

Thanks op. It's lonely being an aquaman fan but it's nice to see others out there making the effort.

I'll own up to being pretty ignorant of DC lore until Rebirth, but I fucking love this series. Thanks OP

>I'll hold my breath!
Fucking kek

If you're enjoying this read aquaman new 52 it's self contained with the exception of throne of Atlantis which crosses over with justice league. Johns run and maelstrom are especially good arcs.

Aquamarines ongoing when?

I'm happy that "Yass Queen" Major Ricoh survived

If this was 10 years ago they would actually have a really good chance at getting a book

So who released Corum? I doubt it is Black Manta since it feels too soon to bring him back, MAYBE Ocean Master?

Also Corum seems like he is going to be a big deal in Aqua Man universe, which issue did he originally appear in?

Also what did we think of Warhead both the arc and character? I think he's got staying power but I wonder which Lantern ring he would get.

>Mfw it's Rorschach

Probably someone disgruntled under Arthur, wasn't there a scene setting that up in the last issue?

Or maybe just someone new.

Could probably just be someone new but I doubt it's anyone we encountered before.

>this is my fetish

Jesus fuck Mera diplomacy takes two. That thing had no intention of talking it out I still love you

Is Mera the best waifu in all of DC? Carol Feris and Power Girl are tied for a close second for me in DC.

Black manta is in teen titans currently and that fact that the have the person completely hidden means is most likely someone we have already met. Chances are it's going to be orm so that rebirth can establish ocean master to new readers plus it would make sense that he'd want to free the anti Arthur guy.

Would Orm not want to be king though? Solicits for #24 say that Rath becomes king.

The Aquamarines could be a neat part of Aquaman supporting cast if they don't fade away after this run. They offer government connections for the story and are strong enough to stall an enemy until Arthur comes

What about Warhead? I think he could be a pretty good Justice League member.

Is it explained how he survived Deluge?

>Mfw Abnett didn't explain how Arthur managed to track Manta down and duel him

I've loved everything about this run so far but that annoyed me a lot. Just felt lazy and cheap.

He honed in on the signal or pulse that Manta used to off the N.E.M.O. members who were sent to attack Atlantis.

Nothing's been explained yet he's shown up and is interested in aqualad although it'll be two months until there's a follow up due to the lazuras contract.

Bump, I just got here

Aw man, I'm dissapointed that the ydidn't explore Tethys a bit more. I agree with Mera there, come on Arthur.

Still, I can see the guy's point, but jesus you just nuked an entire planet of sentient water. That is going to come back to bite you in the tail.

bump

Thank you.

Whys breathing a problem now I haven't been keeping up?

That water comes from another world (it's also the name of the story arc), Aquaman has a hard time breathing in it, and Mera can't really control it.

Water from a different planet leaking through a portal, Atlantians can't breath in it.

Are those sharks with lasers on their heads?

The water they're entering is otherworldly to the point that Atlanteans can't breath it.

This is an absolutely beautiful cover.

Thank you

Thanks, OP.

First thank you for the storytime and second, is this hooded huy related with the hooded guy in the Super titles???

He doesn't have the scythe and is underwater so most likely not.

What gets me is that he's more feminine looking than Carol.

>monster women still have their boobs
Hot

wasn't Mera an assassin sent to kill Arthur?

New 52 Orm never wanted to be King and he loves Arthur, only way he would go against Arthur and be King is for the sake of Atlantis.

And even then he forsook everything to live with his surface dwelling waifu, last time we saw him that one redhead guy from Xebel came to look for him.

Pretty sure Orm is being saved for the War of the Seven Seas or whatever, supposedly both Abnett and Geoff are working on that.

Surprised Manta has time or interest for something that's not KILL ARTHUR/MAKE ARTHUR MISERABLE.

>Mera looking jealous
HHHHHNNNNNGGGGGG

There's a male orca now

to what end

Mera makes the most adorable background faces.

To be fair, the planet's first contact protocol involves creating a signal designed to terrify alien creatures then mutate them into monsters that attack anyone trying to contact it unless Tethys deems said creatures appropriate for contact.

Dick move Tethys.

Aqua Oz?