Why didn't C3PO have his red arm in TLJ?

Why didn't C3PO have his red arm in TLJ?

I was about to say you were stupid and he just got it fixed.

But then I realise there's no time gap.

Did Rian watch the previous film more than once?

I don't think so.

He had his gold arm back at the end of TFA

He got it fixed at the end of TFA

>Did Rian watch the previous film more than once?

Ironic, because you clearly didn't

THEN WHY FUCKING MAKE HIS ARM RED IN THE FIRST PLACE?

FUCK EVERYTHING ABOUT DISNEY WARS

Why is 3PO even still in use in TLJ? At this point in the timeline he and R2 are what, 70 years past their creation? At least, right?

Are we still using tech from the 1940s? No, we're fucking not. We're not even still using tech from a decade ago. Or 5 years ago.

They should be so obsolete that every scene they're in they should be made fun of for being so obsolete.

Tech in Star Wars is pretty stagnant.

user, you still do use tech from 1940s.

it was a reference to metal gear 5

it was to show the passage of time.

It wad a tie in for a shitty comicbook
All the new movies are are extended trailers for side materials that are 100% needed to make sense of the story
Without reading some shitty book you'd have absolutely no idea how the first order and the resistance came to be
>inb4 the empire and the rebellion also weren't explained
they are self explanatory terms and episode 4 wasn't the direct sequel to a movie that showed one side clearly winning over the other

But it's so inconsequential it doesn't even matter in the first place.

the actor didn't want it

This.
They're absolutely useless now, him and R2D2. They don't even have a narrative purpose like they did in ANH, or a mostly comedic purpose like ESB. Why keep them around?

C-3PO: Red Arm Edition™ action figures.

>I'm going to wear this arm in remembrance of the droid who saved my life
Lol nvm

So that kids would have to buy new toys

merchandising.

also technology in starwars is stagnant. doesn't matter how far back in time you go in universe. the technology is still the same.

This is fucking gay
>LET'S KILL THE OLD EU, MAKE OUR OWN, AND THEN MAKE 2.5-HOUR TRAILERS FOR THE PRODUCTS TELLING THESE BORING, STUPID STORIES AND CALL THEM 'MOVIES' WHILE MAKING PEOPLE PAY TO SEE THEM
>WE DON'T EVEN HAVE TO MAKE NEW CHARACTERS, JUST HIRE NEW ACTORS AND HAVE THEM DO THINGS

I mean, they are heroes of the Rebellion. It's never really made clear what kind of rights or place in society droids have but they clearly have personalities and people form emotional attachments to them.

They clearly don't have many rights because they manufacture them to die by the billions in retarded wars.

>there was no time gap

when will this meme end? hyperspace isn't instant. rey had to fly to ah-ah-ahchoo before TLJ started

No user doesn't and no you don't either. Not one thing you own was made before the 60s. I'd bet my life on that.

lol a lot my chairs would want to have a talk with you. My house too.

>hyperspce isn't instant
Have you not been watching NuWars?

>tech
we're doing this now? you do not use "tech" from the 40s.

Oh, technology for you is something the beeps and flashes. Got it.

What tech do you use from the 40s user. And please don't mention chairs which were invented hundreds of years before.

>look how much everything has changed
>oh, no, wait, everything's the same again

Ok its like a day then maybe at most. Still in one day with an evacuation order the top priority is GETTING C-3P0S GOLD ARM BACK IN PLACE???

I could buy there's a robotocist sitting around with nothing better to do, but it's still a really dumb change.

>It wad a tie in for a shitty comicbook

No, Marvel said it was canon while Disney or whoever runs the Star Wars stuff said no.

Do the 30s count?

Technology has clearly stagnated since the original trilogy in all areas except for planet exploding lasers.
Or are you going to defend all vehicle and weapon designs being almost completely the same?

>Why didn't C3PO have his red arm in TLJ?
>he just got it fixed
Are you literally retarded?
HIS ARM WAS RED
AND YOU THINK THEY HAD TO FIX IT????

Because JJ's stupid mystery box shit was thrown out.

>I-I't's not electronic, it doesn't count!

Wow that art is actually offensive.

microwave invented 1945

In a very real sense human technology has not meaningfully progressed beyond 1947, we've just made a lot of things smaller.

remember when my arm was red. it was a good friend.

>racist manbaby hates art done by a woman
I'm clutching my pearls in shock right now.

color tv

Jesus Christ the proportions of c3p0 are midget like

He had to change it back to gold to match the solid-gold movie he was in.

you mean tube television. Literally makes the original anons point that there should be advancements and that C3PO should be in a scrap heap.

nowhere near comparable to the commercially viable version from 20 years later. which makes the same point.

we're doing the "tech is beep boops" shit now. This is not the same tech as a fucking computer. Let alone a robot. It's disingenuous at best to use the dictionary definition of "tech" when speaking computers and AI.

Cell phones were invented in the 40s. They just didn't sell them until much later because of the freaking fcc.

A droid in Star Wars is not comparable to a robot/AI in Earth.
Also, R2 is shown to be outdated and C3PO is functionless, he is only shown as Leia's assistant.

Someone actually knows what's up. This is also why the FO executioners exist. Sell toys with slight differences.

Which doesn't make older and more simple technology any more comparable, now does it? I suppose the real point is that user responding to the original user that he's still using tech from the 40s was beside the point, really.

Somehow this turned into telling me I'm wrong about that instead of why C3PO was still in service.

this

the purpose of threepio is to fucking translate, have they found 6 million more languages since star wars began? and r2 is an astromech droid, have a bunch of new stars magically appeared? Plus there is the fact that its a MOVIE, its make believe, you want real life and for shit to make sense then don't watch and go outside.

Because he's Leia's buddy. That's the only service shown in NuWars.

>I'd bet my life on that.
That's a big wager

EXPECTATIONS SUBVERTED NERD

not when you consider I have as much intention on paying up as I would have had I said literally anything else.

This is an ever growing problem. Compare it to Halo, where the first trilogy existed on its own. Starting with 343 and the post-Bungie era, you miss a lot of story related stuff without following novels, comics, etc. instead of getting everything from the movies (Star Wars) and video games (Halo).

Shit move so why do you even care?