Tekken 7 #1 Storytime

Saw this whilst getting a Batman #22 lenticular, and picked it up on a whim. Along with Injustice 2, I'm pretty hyped for this, and I've been following the ridiculous plot of the games for a while. Also, I apologise in advance for the loooooow quality of these scans, as my setup is extremely awkward and I don't have a big expensive scanner. Hope you enjoy!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=51am1KK1kTM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I was wondering if someone would do this. Thanks, OP.

Zero to Panda in two pages flat... This is going to be a fun comic

Don't know if I'm entirely onboard with the quirky description/narration. Although Tekken's not exactly consistent when it comes to keeping a serious tone, so YMMV.

The first character I ever played in a Tekken game was Paul, as my introduction to the series came from a PS2 demo disk that had, amongst other things, a Tekken 4 demo with Paul and Christie as playable characters.

Based Paul.

gonna wait for the rips but thanks mate.

you ok OP?

Sorry, had to grab a quick dinner in between cropping and saving all the scans.
Also, FUCK I missed my Injustice NYAAARRGH joke

>NNYARGH!
Almost..

That Heihachi.

no worries man, thanks for the storytime

>Nina and Anna will never use Twisted Mind on you
youtube.com/watch?v=51am1KK1kTM

Since Tekken 3 I don't think I've disliked a single Yoshimitsu P1 costume. But I think this one needs time to grow on me.
tfw your emo karate BF shows up wearing bright red leather boots

Out of his decision to start WWIII or wear those red boots, I'm not sure which one's worse

Anyhow, POST YOUR MAINS
Jin/Kazuya/Leo/AKUMA MATATA

Steve Fox, Hwoarang and Martial Law

Haven't played tekken in years, but i've stuck with kings since the third one

>It's EWGF time!
>No, Dad, No!

And that's that. Hope you enjoyed, and support the official release!

Thanks again.

As of TTT2: Armor King, Leo, Kunimitsu.

Which doesn't leave me a lot of choice in T7.

>Kazuya with them fresh JACK-5's

Yoshimitsu, Kunimitsu, Jack series, King, Armor King.

Messed around with Anna and Nina but that's too complicated for my tastes.

I hope AK and Kunimitsu come back via the DLC.

Hwoarang, Bryan, Asuka, Lili

>92
7 will be my first but Steve Fox and Law look cool and I want to play Leo purely on the grounds having a reverse trap fetish.

And also Akuma because I'm primarily an SF player.

This isn't canon at all since it directly contradicts T7's story mode

OP here.
Leo/Reverse trap fetish
Good fucking taste. I'm pretty hyped for Akuma but mostly because of the fact that he's in the story - I love the novelty of crossovers and the fact that this one's canon is so cool.

I really appreciate the idea of Akuma just straight up having a blood feud with Heihachi and they're trying to ice each other.

If this is the devil gene at work, this is an odd scene- Harada himself said Kazuya has that under control although Jin doesn't...

I wanted this to be good, but I'm not to impressed yet - still, I hope it succeeds, for the same reason I've bought the Street Fighter comics despite their decreasing quality - if stuff like this doesn't do well, a King of Fighters comic won't be considered viable either...

Meanwhile, since this seems to be covering the Tekken 7 story, I wonder if Gouki will make it in...

I think it's cuter that somehow Kazumi managed to worm her way into the good graces of a guy who barely holds anyone in a friendly regard. I keep getting a My Neighbour Totoro image with her and Akuma, because the whole thing's so OOC and cute.

I agree with you on the quality of the book. When I picked it up today and read it before scanning, it had shades of the SFV story - which did not impress me, because none of the characters really spend time talking about the issues we're interested in, and for some reason largely unrelated characters team up like a 90's GI Joe unit to go do something.

If I was behind this I'd really just keep the focus to the Mishimas and the few side characters that have a close plot relation, as well as toning down the action.

It's funny to imagine, but storywise it's likely she managed to impress him with the power of the Devil Gene or something. She is the final boss of the original arcade release, after all, and Akuma does respect worthy opponents.

I'll probably be playing as King with the Okada cosplay.

RAIIINMAKKKAAAAAAAAA

That makes sense. I was going to submit this 20000+ word novella to a Tekken fanzine that's coming out to celebrate the game's release, and it was going to hit all the points in Kazumi's life including her strange friendship with Akuma.

I think I had the idea that the debt Akuma keeps going on about is her sealing away Oni for him using some devil gene magic or whatever. That's the only good thing I can imagine anyone really doing for Akuma, since he's all about controlling the SnH and not letting it control him.

I never got the impression that Gouki has any concern about containing the Oni factor - if it's a factor in him transcending human limitations, I figure he'd consider it a boon.

Gouki's other big issue, which to me seems to drive his focus on Ryu,is that of leaving a legacy - when eventually he dies, his power and acomplishments will die with him, unless someone worthy like Ryu follows in his footsteps.

With Kazumi apparently being the bearer of the devil gene, I figure he can sympathize with a powerful person trying to protect her legacy, especially if that gets him into some interesting battle that'll test his limits.

I'm now afraid the comic will disregard this entirely on account of not getting to use Gouki, but we'll see...

I wonder how much it cost to get the right to publish this, it's not a big publisher AFAIK...

Good points there. But Akuma has been presented as opposing the nature of Oni in his SFxT ending, among other tiny things. At the end of the day the SFV characters do not have a lot of set-in-stone characteristics, compared to Tekken or MK.

As for the rights to publish it, given that it's not a big publisher I can only assume that Namco saw how well the MKX and Injustice comics did and tried to get a slice of the pie, but since the big two are tied up with all sorts of things I think they could only go to a less busy publisher. That's why I posted this - because I seriously doubt this is going to sell any considerable amount compared to MKX - which was great fun whilst it was going on.

Akuma actually really does not want to become Oni, and in fact it's stated that the reason playable Oni isn't as strong as boss Oni is because what remains of Akuma resists him from within.

Akuma, though definitely a bad guy, has a code of honor. He's searching for worthy opponents, and so he doesn't fight to the death anyone who he considers weak. That's why he dropped the fight with Gen when he found out about his illness. On the other hand, Oni's basically just a rampaging monster who wants to destroy everything. That's not what Akuma wants. I think the other user's right about him controlling the satsui no hadou. Akuma is all about power and respecting it, he'd never let himself be controlled by it.

Pssst. user.
I'm just gonna leave this Reader/Leo smut here. I wrote it whilst /tekgen/ was still a thing. pastebin com/ Sk6hsDZD

You're a man among men, user.

As I recall, the only truly evil thing he did was kill his own brother Gouken which failed. His code might be twisted but it is honorable.

I remember the first time I posted it in /tekgen/ nearly everybody was shocked and horrified except for like two anons who were ecstatic

Not everyone can be blessed with our godlike taste.

Naoto is best girl.

On that topic, is Persona worth getting into? I'm saving up for Injustice and Tekken, but I'm hearing so much good stuff about Persona 5.

Also his and his brother's master Goutetsu, as something of a ritual of passing the torch, apparently.

Persona has supplanted the mainline SMT series as one of the Big Four of Japanese RPGs. Lots of focus on managing day-to-day lifestyle choices in between dungeons.

5 is considered great, mainly due to how openly the game's story tackles issues in modern Japan.

What kind of issues? You've piqued my interest.

A variety of things, but a lot of it boils down to how Japanese society basically crushes their youth into more desirable "roles" and how anyone who rebels against that role is immediately outcasted.

Also how kinda fucked up their justice system is,

Mostly just political stuff, political corruption and that kind of thing. I follow some eng-speaking japan residents on twitter and they all praised this aspect of the game.

I should have sage'd my first post, but we're 3 hours into a fighting game storytime from a bit publisher so who cares.

Sounds groovy. I'll probably pick it up over the summer, then.

It's hard these days to find a good story about sticking it to The Man that doesn't end up being preachy and obnoxious, P5 really pulls it off imo.

Do it, it has some of the best gameplay the series has to offer.

>Anna still not revealed for Tekken 7
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Thanks, OP.

Thanks.

DIGITAL RIP WHEN?

Eh I'd like if the narration and world were completely serious and it was just the characters who were goofy.

Bump

Where's Law?

Anna.
Except she's not in T7.
She better not die in this comic.