Samurai "Glutton for Mutton" Jack
Samurai "Leaping Lobotomy" Jack
Samurai "I See Wool, I Kill a Fool" Jack
Samurai "Filet the Fluffies" Jack
Samurai "Here's Your Fucking Lamb Sauce" Jack

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/91959033/#q91959033
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That was a really good opening. Too bad about the rest of the episode being such a mixed bag.
So can Aku just turn anybody onto a bloodthirsty monster with a wave of his hand? You'd figure he'd use that trick more. Imagine Jack having to fight a whole town full of turned citizens. Considering how he fared against those brainwashed kids, that seems like a really easy way to defeat him.

The only thing I really didn't like was the Ashi fights

I wish they had just had her fight her mother instead of the mother and the army

the army felt kind of... pointless and the mother fight would have benefited from more time, and it gave a nice parallel to facing the past like Jack was

How could the sword kill the lambs if it cannot harm any innocent?

Well aku can also casualy create manifistations of peoples anger, open portals in time and a ton of other shit

>In the hands of EVIL.

It was a wast of time and a real tonal disconnect going from the cartoonishly goofy fight to Jack's serious meditation.
The time would have been better spent drawing out Ashi's confrontation with her mother and Jack's encounter with the three gods. It's crazy ho much time they wasted and how rushed it all felt at the same time.

Why does everyone always forget this part?

>no blade wound in the skull

Samurai beeeeeeeeetrayal

;_;

You know, as I watched this episode and saw the lambs I remembered Sup Forums's reaction to their death and was fully expecting Aku's destruction of the last time portal to drive Jack over the edge and end up having him kill the lambs out of pure rage (not so much because the lambs did anything wrong so much as he was blinded by his anger and wanted to kill SOMETHING).

Well yeah that was the whole point.

Jacko boy lost his way.

Maybe when it reverted back into its original form it regenerated but keeping the bodies dead.

Samurai "I'm a Baaaaaaaaad Man" Jack
Samurai "Three Bags Full...of Bones" Jack
Samurai "Shearing Made Easy" Jack
Samurai "The Slaughter the Lambs Go To" Jack
Samurai "Died in the Wool" Jack
Samurai "Ready, Wooling, and Able" Jack
Samurai "Don't Start Bleating, or You Get a Beating" Jack

Samurai "Gyroic" Jack

Christ, how fucking hard this must have hit Jack.
Not only does he FINALLY enter a time portal only to be yanked out at the last second, not only is he mocked by it, not only is the portal destroyed, but he lets his emotion get the better of him for less than a minute and it end up with three innocent creatures, possibly the last of their kind, dead because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time when all they did was helping out a man they didn't know.

Samurai "silence of the lambs" Jack

How would Jack have dealt with the transformed lambs even if he wasn't in full rage mode? I doubt they could have turned back to normal, and they were being too aggressive with him that he had no choice.

Anybody has a link for the thread? I want to see the reactions.

So obvious yet I'm surprised it took this long.

The thread was full of edgelords saying "durr they're just fucking lambs durr".
desuarchive.org/co/thread/91959033/#q91959033

>people asking why he killed little lambs of all things

Like a lot of Genndy's metaphors it's biblical as fuck, that's why.

He could have just run away or left them unconscious. Getting them to butt heads against each other; they were so furious it probably would have worked.

It's a goat

The army was a ploy from her mom

I knew he was Jew but does he really integrate his religion into his work?

>does he really integrate his religion into his work?

Everyone does. Sub-consciously or not.

It was just a lamb come on why he is such a pussy, he's from medieval for fuck sake where killing animals was a normal thing

>People saying Lamb

It's a fucking Goat

Lamb = Sheep =/= Goat

They're mountain goats. Jesus fucking Christ.

>The army was a ploy from her mom

You know this how?

Absolutely. In Judaism, the Cohanim priests of ancient temples used to sacrifice goats, but eventually the practice fell out of favor and became associated with idol worshipping heretics. As the religion evolved, animal sacrifice became associated with distancing one's self from god. Unless you're a Hasidic Jew, those sick fucks still slaughter and burn animals.

t. reform "Jew"

>goat with wool

you are wrong

So Jack killing those cutesy goats might be a reference to his estrangement from his honor and purpose as well as any links to any divinity he ever had? That's pretty cool; thanks for the bit of info user.

There's literally no other way her mom was already on her way up the mountain right after Ashi's fight

I'm guessing they must have been mercenaries. Probably hired by the High Priestess and promised to be paid as soon as the Samurai was dead.

Remember that right when he got to the future Jack met talking dogs.
Reminder that he was turned into a chicken for a while.
Reminder that the woolies appeared to be livestock at first but turned out to be sapient.
Reminder that the goats seemed to lead him to the portal indicating they might be intelligent.

Jack's got every right to be careful about slaughtering apparently dumb animals.

>Jack just straight up kills the lambs in his anger
that'd give losing the sword more punch

Regardless of whatever your fan-theory justification is, it didn't work. And not, she failed to kill Jack; I mean it didn't work as a sequence. I was unnecessary to the overall plot of the episode and ate up time that could have been better used on things that were relevant to the story.
There was like ten minutes of buildup to Jack's dad meeting the gods and getting the sword, but here the scene lasted like thirty seconds and had almost no impact because of it. It felt rushed when it should have felt like a monuments occasion. Same with Ashi's mom. She just showed up out of nowhere and then they fought for like a minute. For a show that made its reputation by drawing things out for the sake of style, you'd think these would be the moments it would want to focus on.

So what if we had got
>smaller, tougher band of orcs, ashi gets tagged a few times
>make ashi's battle shorter, just a few jump cuts from jack's journey
>leave mom out, save her for later
>draw out jack's journey, have all the previous manifestations of his conscience show up and start fucking with him during the ceremony

That'd be cool. All his doubt, rage, and fear reconciled at once.

>Aku being a piece of shit and forcing Jack to kill innocent beings, even in self defense, just because he finds it hilarious

Say what you want about this episode but Aku being genuinely horrible was great. It was a nice glimpse into his pre MALAISE villainy.

Also, obligatory:

Samurai "Baa Baa Time Sheep, Have You Any Wool, No Sir No Sir Because You Fucking Genocided The Last of my People" Jack

Samurai "hack up the pack" Jack.

jack walks into a bar and grill
waiter asks "what would you like sir?"

jack says i will have the ram

But then that makes no sense, she made it up the other half in record time.

So either she took her sweet ass time climbing up exactly half the mountain and only then hauled ass or she had the entire army attack before she even arrived for no point whatsoever. There is no strategic advantage to not waiting until she's close to attack.

Her mom was able to link herself to Ashi mentally, she did it at the start of episode 5 and could see clearly enough that she knew Jack was there, that at least explains why she could find them, but the army served no purpose if she really did call them.

"lamb chop" Jack
Samurai "bleat n get beat" Jack
Samurai "hankering for haggis" Jack

A thought occurs, how quickly would jack have tried to end himself if aku just hired a bunch of autists to follow him around and make up names for his past failures?

>no "silence of the lambs " pun

Cmon Sup Forums you're slipping

OH YEAH, LAMB!

Samurai " 3 Killy goats gruff " Jack

I think I would have liked it more if Ashi's literal battle with her mother paralleled Jack's psychological battle with himself. Ashi fighting and killing her mother was basically a symbolic final rejection of the outlook that she was forced into having, just as Jack's confrontation with his inner demons represented him overcoming the outlook that he had created for himself after losing the sword. We should have left this episode pumped up that Jack was finally back on form and that Ashi had proven herself as a worthy ally, but instead we just got a lame fight and a rushed setup for the two of them confronting Aku.

Samurai "The greatest of all time killer" Jack
Samurai "Cull the wool" Jack
Samurai "A dead herd can't be heard" Jack

There was nothing to be said between Ashi and her mom and nothing benefitted from a longer fight. The episode did demonstrate that Ashi's mom was tougher than the army of mooks that Ashi had to kill. The tonal disconnect was intentional, Jack's purging his anger while Ashi is bathing in it.

Damn, I can't believe that didn't cross my mind.

Samurai "Mutton Chop" Jack
Samurai "Ram-Slicing Rambo" Jack
Samurai "If It's Cute, Aim To Shoot" Jack
Samurai "Turn That Ewe Another Hue" Jack
Samurai "One Man Ram-page" Jack

I thought it was kind of a counterpoint to ensure the audience didn't fall asleep during Jack's Tea Ceremony(which is retarded, it's all in the leaves. Doing origami with a handkerchief won't improve the flavor any)

Fuck off; that tea preparation scene was awesome.

It would have been better if the lambs were more anthropomorphic. Would make more sense with all the kid visions.

Its assumed that if Jack was killed, the sisters would return to their mother to report the news. So:
>Sisters do not return
>Mother believes they are dead and failed
>Mother hires army to find and kill the samurai
>Mother joins them to see the samurai die with her own eyes
>Accidentally stumble upon Ashi, alive and protecting the samurai

It just makes sense, and isn't farfetched at all. She wants the samurai dead, and likely expect the sisters to return after their mission is completed. Also, she isn't a rabbit, the mother can't just give birth to more children and try all over again.

not it isnt you dumb undertale faggot

Aren't there more cultists besides her, though? I could have sworn there were more adults like her.

Along with the Extra Thicc warrior.

Jack "murdered sheep" Jack

A lot of them died during Ashi's graduation exam.

I actually found the tea scene way more engaging than the fight. That was some classic Samurai Jack atmosphere building.

>he thinks lambs live in steep mountains
>he doesn't know what mountain goats are

Another product of the US education system.

Never ceases to amaze, does it

Samurai "Lamb Chop Chop" Jack

She wasn't bathing in it. She was trying to protect Jack.

>durhurhurr sheep not live in da mountains

You're fucking lobotomized

Boo fucking hoo, people aren't calling them kids or billies. People call them lambs because they're fluffy and cute like archetypal lambs, and also because Jack killing a lamb is more metaphorically appropriate than Jack killing goats.

Samurai "Passover Door" Jack

She snuck past Ashi because she knows how skilled Ashi really is. Ashi's greatest weakness is that she's too unfocused for the "cause." Jack only saved her out of guilt.

Samurai "Dead Lamb Walkin" Jack

those are rams

geeze you save all sorts of people countless times, but kill one goat...

Jej

>sheep turns back to normal
>falls his death

>OP
>anus mouth
Combo!

What did Genndy mean by this?

>a real tonal disconnect going from the cartoonishly goofy fight to Jack's serious meditation.

That was the entire point, Ashi's scene was meant to contrast with Jack's scene. They're opposites, geddit?

Samurai "sheep is halal if you kill it with a sword" Jack

IT WAS JUST AN INNOCENT ANIMAL HE

>It was a wast of time and a real tonal disconnect going from the cartoonishly goofy fight to Jack's serious meditation.

That's the point.

Thoughts?

nobody has that body after having 7 daughters